The Most Extreme Elimination Challenge Mafia Edition

Well fiddlesticks. That did not go as planned.

Unvote: coju

I think Gwaihir and Jcakes are the two most likely to be scum (although, to be honest, coju isn't a whole lot townier). I voted coju and made up a "case" in the hopes one of both would take the bait by voting coju and/or me. Instead, Jcakes just ignored it and Gwaihir is MIA. I don't want to leave the vote up overnight.

Gwaihir - He's playing an ideal vanilla scum game (or godfather-ish). Posting just enough but not too much. Making sure to have votes down at the end of the day but not leading any. Talking about players but not straying too far from a neutral stance. Too townie to be townie is a good way of putting it.

Jcakes - His "@Goryani, Noodle, Gwaihir: I am happy to be somewhat guided by you guys as well." post did not sit well. At all. Reminds me of Valhauros et al.

Vote: coju

The whole "I can't believe Goldtru isn't lynched yet" after Goldtru's claim feels contrived and eager to receive town cred. It happened ~10 posts and ~7hours after Goldtru's claim. coju said the wiki pointed out the "Goldtru is scum" connection (true, if one assumes this game is based of the wiki). However, none of this was brought up during logoutzero's similar fake claim, during which coju said: "So, we're going to lynch a first-time-player since he is posting "scummy posts"?"
I reckon the game is based off of the show, which the wiki is based off of.
Yes, I did say that. Logout wound up being town, did he not? I later said that he was posting very strangely. Also did not know why he would fake a claim like that.
The "event staff" theory was not proven yet when he made that claim. It is now, and was (basically), when goldtru made her claim, which is why I was so exasperated why she would make a claim like that.

Question: Have any of you watched the show before?

I have but it's been a while. I remembered some of the voice mannerisms emulated by the mods: "Right you are Kenny!" but I couldn't tell you which character said it (probably not kenny).

Haha Right you are, Phar. An exciting day indeed!

Today, our pit under the rotating surfboard of death is sponsered by Yobogoya, the Cheapest bucket of beef in Illonoi-A!

Go on. Do you mean active abilities like busdriver? Do you mean passives such as a godfather-like ability which makes one appear as vanilla to a rolecop?

I think I know what you mean and it's very much intentional. Has been for some time. Probably 6 months or so. Maybe a bit more or less. But just in case I'm wrong...

How would you classify my thoughts given for each of my votes this game? Cases or not?
Do you have an example of a case you are expecting to see?

To explain my point better: The only reason I would see to have Laarz submit both a replay and a NK (especially with Drixx's claim) is if all remaining mafia had either:

1) A stronger active ability than the replay (busdriver would definitely count)
2) A strong passive ability (yes, an investigative immunity would count as would lynch immunity or daytalk facilitator, or some other good passive power.)

If there is a normal goon out there, why risk using getting a mafia power role caught? I will admit, the busdriver flip was very big surprise, I did not expect to see an active on someone who was not seen targeting Drixx.

As for your cases: I have come to expect at some point in late game for you tend to start leading. You come out with a case against someone. In this game, you hop on a case around the middle with a couple of reasons listed.

Those who visited Drixx the night he died: Caluin Graye, Drixx, Goryani, Laarz, Numbers [laarz being the scum, drixx and cg dead]
Those who didn't visit drixx who are alive: Coju, Gwaihir, Jcakes [one of us being scum]

I am curious why you think one of the second group has to be scum. Are Numbers and Gory completely cleared for you?

So, nothing from gwaihir since day start?

Sorry, busy with Thanksgiving stuff. Hopefully will have more time tomorrow.

Gwaihir - He's playing an ideal vanilla scum game (or godfather-ish). Posting just enough but not too much. Making sure to have votes down at the end of the day but not leading any. Talking about players but not straying too far from a neutral stance. Too townie to be townie is a good way of putting it.

Jcakes - His "@Goryani, Noodle, Gwaihir: I am happy to be somewhat guided by you guys as well." post did not sit well. At all. Reminds me of Valhauros et al.

Actually, I find this kind of funny as I am basically accusing you of the same thing.

Nope.

If you look at the vote trends, it's really quite frustrating. Basically everyone's votes are around the middle of all the various trains, except for one post lock vote by goryani on logoutzero's train. A lot of sitting back and seeing what happens, no direction or cases except from coju, jcakes, and myself...which is, as said before, very bothersome.

Basically, all I'm saying here is good job scum. I think everyone is sorta scum, which is pretty bad.

Coju: Prior to leading the train on goldtru, scummiest of all, however, if scum it would have been very easy to just sit back and let the vote resolve itself without any involvement on your part. Still leaning scum.
Jcakes: Attempted to deflect a train away from scum, but led a train on other scum. 50/50
Gwaihir: Voted on all the scum trains, and was a necessary vote for the lynches. Leaning town.
Goryani: Town power role, still alive at this point? AND someone who is repeatedly pointed out as a good player, and someone who is generally nk'd early if town as a result. Still being alive is very weird, but confirmed JOAT, and a scum JOAT seems very unlikely. We're also aware of two active powers on the scum team at least(bus driver and replayer), is 3 active powers a reasonable expectation? Very slightly leaning town.

I reckon the game is based off of the show, which the wiki is based off of.
Yes, I did say that. Logout wound up being town, did he not? I later said that he was posting very strangely. Also did not know why he would fake a claim like that.
The "event staff" theory was not proven yet when he made that claim. It is now, and was (basically), when goldtru made her claim, which is why I was so exasperated why she would make a claim like that.

never seen the show before. Never looked at the wiki

I can see your point except that I didn't sit around and wait for you guys to post. I provided my thoughts i.e that we should lynch one of either coju or numbers and that I didn't believe Gold to be scum.

@Gwaihir: No, Numbers and Goryani isn't getting a pass. I almost expect goryani to be scum. As to why the 2nd group has to be scum: They weren't targeting drixx that night, and we lynched a scum member from the group that targeted drixx. I half-way didn't expect two scum actions on the same character (especially if they were killing him).

Does anyone know how many times JOAT has been scum/town? I vaguely remember that role being scum in the, erm, game with dragons? Bad Ash hosted, maybe? The one where the Host used forumites not playing in the stories to make those more interesting. The stories had prizes with them as well.

Oh: Gets across whatever even the game is on flawlessly.

Moonwalked across to try and one-up the jackase

@Gwaihir: No, Numbers and Goryani isn't getting a pass. I almost expect goryani to be scum. As to why the 2nd group has to be scum: They weren't targeting drixx that night, and we lynched a scum member from the group that targeted drixx. I half-way didn't expect two scum actions on the same character (especially if they were killing him).

we suspect that a lightning rod ability was used that night. Everyone on that list claims to have targeted someone else.

Does anyone know how many times JOAT has been scum/town? I vaguely remember that role being scum in the, erm, game with dragons? Bad Ash hosted, maybe? The one where the Host used forumites not playing in the stories to make those more interesting. The stories had prizes with them as well.

Oh: Gets across whatever even the game is on flawlessly.

Moonwalked across to try and one-up the jackase

There was a Joat mafia in the BG mafia game. There was also one in the Gods of Ancient Greece mafia game as well.

Vote Count:
Jcakes (1): Coju
Coju (0): (Goryani)

There are 3 Hours Left of The Day Phase!

@goryani: Would you have let me get lynched if the votes would have came in with your information?

or

what would you have done if a couple more people had voted me with your information? How long would you have kept it to yourself?
I just took a quick look at the lynch votes. The only individuals on all three trains, including the failed one, are Gwaihir and Drixx. Gwaihir, Drixx, CG, Jcakes, coju, and Bad Ash were on both successful trains. Bad Ash is neutral, and was clearly trying to kill anyone to accomplish his goal, so that's reasonable. I feel our scum search might be suited however by looking more closely at the above named individuals.
do you still feel this way?

Now that Gwaihir has claimed, I'll claim.

I'm Morty Liberman. I'm a rolecop.

Night one, I investigated Gwaihir. I can confirm his vanilla tasting-ness.
How has this passed as Gwaihir being town? Simply it means he is non-PR
So I claimed JOAT and used a rolecop on a neutral player who mod confirmed role and alignment was shown upon his death and you can't get my alignment from targeting me.

Yet you say you don't think I am scum. But the only reason you would even consider targeting me is if you think I am lying which would make me scum.

hmm.
bad ash claimed JOAT?

Unvote: Jcakes

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High