The Most Extreme Elimination Challenge Mafia Edition

Sorry, spamming this one more time because I realized I should italicize those of us who are still alive just to make it easier to pick out our votes.

1. IWantToUseNumbersInMyName-Bob Tail,english teacher-Meat Industry
4. Gwaihir - Cindy Pauper. Tastes Like Vanilla(confirmed vanilla by CG, can't be godfather, can be vanilla scum) - Glory Holer
8. Goryani - Barry Babaganoosh. Sink or Swim(JOAT per CG) - Glory Holer
9. Jcakes -Jack Michaelson. Post Restriction - Meat Industry
18. coju-no name, zebra/hermaphrodite, Glory Holer,

______________________________________________________________________________________________

D1 10 lynch, 11 lock

Final Vote Count
Noodle (1): Bad Ash, (Thefranklin)
Drixx (3): Laarz, (Moar), Goldtru, (thefranklin), logoutzero
Logoutzero (5): Numbers, thefranklin, Goryani, Gwaihir, Drixx
Moar (0): (Drixx)
Pyrotechnician (1): Jcakes, (Gwaihir)
Coju (0): (Goryani)
CoolGuyBad (1): Zokar
Goldtru (1): Pyrotechnician
Numbers (0): (Caluin Graye)

N1: CGB died

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

D2 10 lynch, 11 lock

Noodle (0): (Bad Ash)
Bad Ash (0): (Numbers)
Numbers (0): (LightNing), (Zokar)
LightNingisMyNick (o): (Zokar), (Caluin Graye)
TheFranklin (10): Drixx, Numbers, Jcakes, Bad Ash, coju, Gwaihir, Pyro, Laarz, Caluin Graye, Zokar
Goldtru (0): (Zokar)
Zokar (0): (Goldtru)
Moar (0): (Coju)
Logoutzero (5): (Caluin Graye), Goldtru, Noodle, (Drixx), (Bad Ash), Moar, thefranklin, lightning, (Gwaihir)
Goryani (1): logoutzero

N2: Pyro died.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

D3 9 lynch, 10 lock

Super Official Vote Count:
Logoutzero (11): Drixx, Moar, Bad Ash, Jcakes, Gwaihir, Coju, LightNing, Noodle, Caluin Graye, Goldtru*, Goryani

N3: Moar died.

D4 6 lynch, 7 lock

Noodle (1): Jcakes
Caluin Graye (0): (Drixx)
Goryani (1): coju
Laarz (0): (Gwaihir)
numbers (1): Drixx
Goldtru (4): Caluin Graye, Goryani, Numbers, Gwaihir

N4: Drixx died, targeted by:Caluin Graye, Drixx, Goryani, Laarz, Numbers
________________________________________________________________________________________________

D5 5 lynch, 6 lock

Goryani: Coju
Goldtru: Numbers, (Goryani)
Laarz: Jcakes, CG, Goryani, Noodle, Gwaihir
Numbers: (CG)

N5: Caluin Graye died

________________________________________________________________________________________________

D6 4 lynch, 5 lock

Goldtru (3): Coju, Numbers, Goryani, Gwaihir, Jcakes
Numbers (0): (Jcakes)

N6: Noodle Died

Just posting this here to make it easy for everyone to review.

I don't think Jcakes answered but he's had a chance to so I'm jumping in. I answered you the previous game but thanks for remembering. What do YOU think?

:( Sorry.

Jcakes did answer, he said they were both scummy essentially. I think voting for scum after they've been locked(especially if it's been mod confirmed that they've been locked) is meaningless. Failing to vote on a train is much more seriously generally speaking imo. Mylo/lylo considerations are the only decent reasons to *not* be on such a train, especially if your failure to vote resulted in a mislynch on someone who later proved to be scum, however, scum can easily point to such reasons as why they didn't vote, and thus those reasons shouldn't be considered reasonable excuses barring other evidence.

I agree the most likely number of initial mafia 4. I also agree that no one should be given a free pass, and we can by no means be sure that Laarz was not the hitman.

That said, assuming there are 2 mafia left, it is unlikely that either have an active ability (assuming no ninja and no missing submit). With the threat made of catching the hitman, why would they have one do both? Huge risk unless the passives on the remaining mafia are really good.

Go on. Do you mean active abilities like busdriver? Do you mean passives such as a godfather-like ability which makes one appear as vanilla to a rolecop?

8. Goryani ... Normally by this point in the game he has made cases against people and I don't remember much of that.

I think I know what you mean and it's very much intentional. Has been for some time. Probably 6 months or so. Maybe a bit more or less. But just in case I'm wrong...

How would you classify my thoughts given for each of my votes this game? Cases or not?
Do you have an example of a case you are expecting to see?

Go on. Do you mean active abilities like busdriver? Do you mean passives such as a godfather-like ability which makes one appear as vanilla to a rolecop?

/OT. I am curious, I know we've had this debate before, but shouldn't godfather appear as godfather to a role cop?

/OT. I am curious, I know we've had this debate before, but shouldn't godfather appear as godfather to a role cop?

to clarify a godfather appears as godfather to role cop (that is their role), but vanilla to a cop
a mafia goon appears as vanilla to a role cop (that is their role), but mafia to a cop

is that correct?

Goldtru was lynched. Captain Tenneal - Mafia - Bus Driver

Kudos to the mods for a mafia busdriver. But uggh for us. Goldtru wasn't shown targeting Drixx.

Thoughts:
Goldtru didn't submit a busdrive action that night for some reason? Doing something else? Didn't submit in time?

Busdriver somehow works before or at the same time as lightning rod so wouldn't show (both are redirection abilities)?

I don't believe Goldtru was ever given a reward so that shouldn't come into play.

I don't see any obvious affected night actions.

to clarify a godfather appears as godfather to role cop (that is their role), but vanilla to a cop
a mafia goon appears as vanilla to a role cop (that is their role), but mafia to a cop

is that correct?

I believe that's correct, though goryani did specifically say a godfather-like ability that would make one appear as vanilla to a role cop. Possible.

Kudos to the mods for a mafia busdriver. But uggh for us. Goldtru wasn't shown targeting Drixx.

Thoughts:
Goldtru didn't submit a busdrive action that night for some reason? Doing something else? Didn't submit in time?

Busdriver somehow works before or at the same time as lightning rod so wouldn't show (both are redirection abilities)?

I don't believe Goldtru was ever given a reward so that shouldn't come into play.

I don't see any obvious affected night actions.

Mafia busdriver seems extremely strong. Simply swapping your team members with town you know you aren't going to kill could do a lot to sow confusion among the town, at little to no risk to yourself. Possibly balanced by having x shots or alternate night usage, which could explain why goldtru wasn't shown targeting drixx? I feel that a busdriver and a lightning rod would redirect the targeting of both effects to the same individual, essentially neutralizing the power entirely...so I think had she submitted a busdriver action, we would have seen her targeting.

By meaningless, do you mean neither scummy nor townie? A null tell?

Yes, a null tell. If timestamps show that the post was made in the same minute as the locking vote/it's a long post that could have been ninja'd, then I would give it more townie credit than scum credit. Otherwise, null tell.

is that correct?

That's how I use godfather but I'm not the designer of this game. I've seen godfather fool a rolecop. I've seen roles that are told they fool a rolecop (usually highly themed games using custom role/abilitiy names instead of standard mafia terms). I've seen roles that fool both cop and rolecop (and name cop too, I think).

Looks like I was wrong about you and Gold, sorry numbers! So where does that leave us. I am fairly confident that Gwai and you are both town now, which leaves Gory and Coju. I'd not be surprised if either of those were scum. It is interesting that you point out that Gory didn't die last night as a claimed power role.

@Gory: Did you use your ability last night? Can you vote?
Why are you not wrong about me? :(
I had to push and push to finally get y'all to see that goldtru was scum by her claim; which, you, jcakes, tried to tell us she wasn't.

Those who visited Drixx the night he died: Caluin Graye, Drixx, Goryani, Laarz, Numbers [laarz being the scum, drixx and cg dead]
Those who didn't visit drixx who are alive: Coju, Gwaihir, Jcakes [one of us being scum]

Goryani and Numbers both have claimed abilities to target players. (Goryani, not that I think it matters, but what ability did you use that night, for reiteration?)
I personally think it's Jcakes, mainly for these statements concerning Goldtru:
Um we've had no event staff flips, but good to know that you are event staff and that event staff are mafia.

Agreed.

This is where it is interesting, you initially talk about it being 100% that event staff were mafia, then you go and find laarz flip and notice it doesn't have event staff on it ....

like I said, I don't believe that Gold is scum. The two people that I believe are scum are coju and numbers. Happy to lynch either of them.

@Goryani, Noodle, Gwaihir: I am happy to be somewhat guided by you guys as well. I think it is likely that we are all town given that Laarz almost didn't get lynched.

It helped that he went after Gold very quickly. It now means that of the 3 people not on Laarz's train 2 of them are going after gold.

it was somewhat process of elimination. I didn't really believe the Gold train that much and thus it leaves you and him as the only two not on the Laarz train.

I do not believe she is scum is what I am saying. I feel she is a soft target and you are trying to take advantage of that. Your only reason for wanting to lynch her is that she didn't get lynched, yet the train (the first vote) on her started with less than one hour remaining in the day. That coupled with you trying to push a lynch on her yesterday rather than focusing on who was caught targeting drixx means that I am not inclined to trust you, finally coju has jumped on and placed a vote on Gold and I believe it is likely he is scum.

Ah that does make more sense then. I hadn't actually looked up the game show.

Noodle has claimed.

My reason for defending Gold is purely because I believe one or both of you and Numbers to be scum. You'll note that I started the train on Laarz yesterday who only just got lynched from a Gwaihir lock. Numbers admits to being around at day end but not voting for Laarz. Given how close we were yesterday to a mislynch I am pretty confident most (if not all) of the people on that train were town

@BA: If I was in a team with Gwaihir why would I just not vote for Gold yesterday? There was a semi train yet I spent a lot of effort trying to get town to lynch Laarz. I also highly doubt that Gwaihir is mafia given that he lynched / locked Laarz.

I agree that Gold looks scummy, my problem with a Gold lynch is that both Numbers and Coju are going after her and I suspect that atleast one if not both of them are scum. I may be giving somewhat of a free pass to people on Laarz's train, but it feels like it was so close to being mislynch that most if not all the people on that train are town.

I think it is equally suspicious either way, choosing not to place the lynch / lock vote on a train that ended up being scum is relatively suspicious. I do know that your place style is to be around at days end at place a last minute vote / unvote though.

Two your second point I don't want to test everyone on that train, just the one person that was not on the Laarz train that also appeared in the Drixx list.
To me, he seemed like he was trying to swing the discussion towards me and numbers, which today he said numbers is town.
He also stopped his 'defense' of goldtru once I pointed out the wiki of the tvshow.

And ah yes, the "laarz-train"
How many times has a mafia-player 'bussed' a member in the end-game?
How townie does it look to be the first vote on a mafia member, as well, or even the deciding vote?
If I were bad stump (ash) and numbers, I'd be looking into jcakes, coju, and gwaihir.

Maybe I'm blinded by numbers though, as he, too, could be scum.

before anyone asks why I didn't vote on the laarz train: I have not excuse. Cannot tell you why I didn't vote.

And ah yes, the "laarz-train"
How many times has a mafia-player 'bussed' a member in the end-game?
How townie does it look to be the first vote on a mafia member, as well, or even the deciding vote?
If I were bad stump (ash) and numbers, I'd be looking into jcakes, coju, and gwaihir.

Maybe I'm blinded by numbers though, as he, too, could be scum.

On the Laarz lynch, I was trying to push the lynch away from Gold because I thought she was town and I thought we should lynch someone that targeted Drixx. If I was mafia I would have pushed for the lynch to be on Numbers (assuming he is town which I think might be likely now) as CG was in favor of that lynch. Alternatively I would have just bused Gold, it is kind of silly to try and turn a lynch away from Gold (who was under some heat) and onto Laarz (who had a lot less). Still I guess that is all WIFOM.

On Gold, I admit I was very wrong about her. I had the read of a townie that was not really following the game at all (kind of like the way DJ plays). I felt a lot of the votes on her might have been because she was an easy target.

As for you Coju, I suspect that you are our remaining scum for a number of reasons
1) You weren't on the original Gold train
2) You weren't on the Laarz train
3) You were very very late to role claim (along with two other scum)
4) You were the one to notice that Golds role claim was of an event staff and that mafia were event staff. No one else picked up on this, it makes me suspect that you had some inside knowledge about the event staff mafia connection
5) You haven't been posting much all game (again like most of our scum)
6) Noodle was Nk'd last night and his only real posts were accusing you of being scum. This is weak at best as it could very easily be scum setting you up.

before anyone asks why I didn't vote on the laarz train: I have not excuse. Cannot tell you why I didn't vote.

why didn't you vote on the first goldtru train? All you did on the days of the Gold train and Laarz train was vote for Gory.

@BPC: Don't Stop 'Til you Get Enough

On the Laarz lynch, I was trying to push the lynch away from Gold because I thought she was town and I thought we should lynch someone that targeted Drixx. If I was mafia I would have pushed for the lynch to be on Numbers (assuming he is town which I think might be likely now) as CG was in favor of that lynch. Alternatively I would have just bused Gold, it is kind of silly to try and turn a lynch away from Gold (who was under some heat) and onto Laarz (who had a lot less). Still I guess that is all WIFOM.

On Gold, I admit I was very wrong about her. I had the read of a townie that was not really following the game at all (kind of like the way DJ plays). I felt a lot of the votes on her might have been because she was an easy target.

As for you Coju, I suspect that you are our remaining scum for a number of reasons
1) You weren't on the original Gold train
2) You weren't on the Laarz train
3) You were very very late to role claim (along with two other scum)
4) You were the one to notice that Golds role claim was of an event staff and that mafia were event staff. No one else picked up on this, it makes me suspect that you had some inside knowledge about the event staff mafia connection
5) You haven't been posting much all game (again like most of our scum)
6) Noodle was Nk'd last night and his only real posts were accusing you of being scum. This is weak at best as it could very easily be scum setting you up.
OLOL!

As for the first part, the very next day after laarz gets lynched you tried pushing the votes on me and numbers. You said it yourself, " If I was mafia I would have pushed for the lynch to be on Numbers"

"It now means that of the 3 people not on Laarz's train 2 of them are going after gold." (talking about me and numbers)
"I didn't really believe the Gold train that much and thus it leaves you and him as the only two not on the Laarz train." (talking about me and numbers)

You didn't necessarily push the vote to be on numbers, but you were trying to "turn a lynch away from Gold"
1) And?
2) And?
3) And?
4) Anyone who would have wiki'd the game and or watched the show before (like a true human! (there you go mods!) ) would have picked up on that; which lead to me saying, "I'm surprised gold isn't lynched already" (meaning that day after all I had placed against her).
5) I've already posted how I play these games, and this would answer 1-3 as well.
6) Good way to put it.

I'll go ahead and
Vote: Jcakes

Vote: coju

The whole "I can't believe Goldtru isn't lynched yet" after Goldtru's claim feels contrived and eager to receive town cred. It happened ~10 posts and ~7hours after Goldtru's claim. coju said the wiki pointed out the "Goldtru is scum" connection (true, if one assumes this game is based of the wiki). However, none of this was brought up during logoutzero's similar fake claim, during which coju said: "So, we're going to lynch a first-time-player since he is posting "scummy posts"?"

OLOL!

As for the first part, the very next day after laarz gets lynched you tried pushing the votes on me and numbers. You said it yourself, " If I was mafia I would have pushed for the lynch to be on Numbers"

You took my quote out of context. I was talking about how you claimed that I bussed Laarz on D4. I was saying that it makes no sense of me to bus Laarz, I could have either bussed Gold who was under a lot of pressure or attempted to turn the lynch onto Numbers (who was also under pressure from CG). Instead I pushed very hard for a lynch on Laarz.

On D5, yes I tried to get you or Numbers lynched instead of Gold. My reasoning was that there were three people not on the Laarz train, two of them were going after Gold (you and numbers). I suspected that there were two scum left which made a logical conclusion from me that you were both scum. I felt that numbers was slightly more scummy because he was around at Day end (when laarz was lynched) but didn't vote for him, preferring a mislynch.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High