The Most Extreme Elimination Challenge Mafia Edition

I'm sorry, did anyone actually believe Logout?

The initial claim? Yes. Me.

Besides, I have absolutely zero qualms admitting that if I were on the mafia team I would have been lobbying to blend in with the crowd but to do our best to keep him alive and going as long as possible.

What would the "blending in with the crowd" part look like? How would you have blended in?

did not see logout being town. I am not the best at playing detective in these games (overstatement), but logout did play scummy to me after thinking about it this night. He had a very strange way of going about what he did. Cannot really put more words to that.

This post just sounds scummy.

Did you start the game as Neutral? Dedicated Survivor?

Yep. Knew Skanki wanted me dead, not to cure. Had a 1-shot role cop and 1-time bulletproof and earned the 1-time lynch reward on day 1 which was not passive and was never activated. Used the role cop on Zokar after he fished for neutrals so extremely hard then used a little poor form to try to get him to switch his shot off me, but I thought it was just a ploy and he'd rather try to take a random shot and win vs. actually shoot me.

I actually did wonder at one point yesterday if this game just had a bunch of different wincons for each person. But lots of townies have shown up and the night kills keep happening so don't think this is likely. But we were promised a different and whacky game.

How do you know flubbucket was mafia?

Who said Flubby was mafia? I judge a vig shot to be likely a neutral or possibly a townie. We didn't get the flip and the person who likely did didn't tree-stump so we can't really ask.

The initial claim? Yes. Me.

Really? Interesting.

What would the "blending in with the crowd" part look like? How would you have blended in?

Well, if I were scum and I knew the claimed listener wasn't actually repeating posts from my QT, I would have expressed doubts and questioned him, given how scummy his play was, but I wouldn't have been leading the charge and cornering him at every turn and adamantly refusing to believe that he was playing honest with us. I've got no qualms in saying that I quite enjoyed being scum the last two big games, and I can say with absolute sincerity that if I were scum I'd have been trying to keep Logout in the game.

Remember, the scum knew right away that Logout wasn't sharing anything resembling an actual post from their QT.

----------------

As an aside, update some replies on the google group lol. I'm busting with ideas and who knows when we'll be up :)

Does anyone think we are in LYLO/MYLO? Near it?

I have an interesting possible theory. I doubt that BPC and Pharphis are quite brave enough to have done it. It would have been cool but I have to think it's a bit outside of how far anyone is likely to dare. It occurred to me to wonder what if, since there are two pro-town teams, this game is actually two town teams with a mod-controlled randomized night kill and the actual win condition is for one team or other win make it through the daily events and survive the other team.

I think it's outrageously unlikely but I was trying to make sense of what we've seen and what I know and that was actually something that could fit the game as I understand it so far.

As for MYLO/LYLO ... I put flubb in the town count so we are now 7 dead townies and 2 dead neutrals and 0 dead scum. If normal numbers are in play, we're probably not quite there, but I should think not much longer. Today is probably a good mass claim day now that you bring it up.

As for his first post, I am not sure why people found it so far fetched, other than the semantics between anyone and any one.

The wording really confused me. It seemed a very odd sentence to be in a mafia chat. Also the fact that names were kept in was unusual.

Does anyone think we are in LYLO/MYLO? Near it?

I really hope not, but it is possible. 1/4 is 5 but with 2 neutrals I would guess 4 mafia. I think we have another day, but by no means sure of that.

Numbers - you never responded to the question about if you caused the vote wipe. Did you, and if so, why did you do it?

Pretty obvious that scum nk moar because of that very statement she made before day end, they knew she was town and figure they can get two town kills for the price of one by leading town towards a mislynch on me today. Hopefully you guys see through it.

*dodges and dashes nimbly through the course careful to avoid any grunge cannons or splattered walls*

*almost slips*

*recovers ungracefully*

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Dead Moar. Hmph. After her talk last game of never getting nk'd. Poor Moar. I hope she enjoys the dead thred. :)

BA, well played and congrats.

Regarding flubbs flip: I find it highly likely that flub was town, given that the town received the result on his kill.

Lylo/Mylo: Today or tomorrow I think. Mass claims seem reasonable. 12 left out of 20, no scum dead, likely 4-5 scum, mislynch+nk+5 scum=game over tomorrow, mislynch+nkX2+4 scum=day after tomorrow.

Drixx: I like that game idea, I think it's entirely possible. If not, one has to wonder what the significance of the two teams is.

Gwaihir: I did not cause the vote wipe, and I found the idea outlandish enough that I didn't deign to reply. There's no practical purpose to something like that, done at the time it occurred. If I had a vote wipe power of some sort, I would time it shortly before day end(I'm sure by now I've demonstrated by ninja voting etc skills enough for you to not doubt that I would have no problem with the timing), in order to maximize the effect.

For the record, I was also leaning towards believing logoutzero's initial claim. As I said earlier, there just didn't seem to be any good scum reason to make the claim he made, so he seemed very likely to be town to me, and thus telling the truth. A townie lying to us and essentially framing another player is absolutely not what I would have expected.

I just took a quick look at the lynch votes. The only individuals on all three trains, including the failed one, are Gwaihir and Drixx. Gwaihir, Drixx, CG, Jcakes, coju, and Bad Ash were on both successful trains. Bad Ash is neutral, and was clearly trying to kill anyone to accomplish his goal, so that's reasonable. I feel our scum search might be suited however by looking more closely at the above named individuals.

We had a no lynch day 1, and I subscribe to the idea that town should lynch as that is our power. I was on the kill of TheFranklin only because it was super late in the day, and people voted for TheFranklin when I was on Logout. I'd have greatly preferred to have had the Logout situation over a day sooner.

I suppose I'm a bit like Moar. Once I'm sure someone's lying, then Lynch All Liars axiom is applied.

As of post 351...

Bad Ash, Lightning, Caluin graye, Zokar, Goldtru and coju have been sprayed and their votes have been removed. Thankfully the spray is only temporary and they can vote again immediately, if they wish to do so.

Noodle (0): (Bad Ash)
Bad Ash (0): (Numbers)
Numbers (0): (Lightning),
lightning (0): (Zokar), (Caluin Graye)
thefrank (2): Drixx, Numbers
goldtru (0): (Zokar)
Zokar (0): (Goldtru)
Moar (0): (coju)

coju voted in 351 at 19:55

Okay, vote count up to post 405;

Noodle (0): (Bad Ash)
Bad Ash (0): (Numbers)
Numbers (0): (Lightning),
lightning (0): (Zokar), (Caluin Graye)
thefrank (1): (Drixx), Numbers
goldtru (0): (Zokar)
Zokar (0): (Goldtru)
Moar (0): (coju)
logoutzero (4): Caluin Graye, Goldtru, Noodle, Drixx

CG voted in 360 at 21:08

Gwaihir: I did not cause the vote wipe, and I found the idea outlandish enough that I didn't deign to reply. There's no practical purpose to something like that, done at the time it occurred. If I had a vote wipe power of some sort, I would time it shortly before day end(I'm sure by now I've demonstrated by ninja voting etc skills enough for you to not doubt that I would have no problem with the timing), in order to maximize the effect.

So when someone accuses you of something silly, you don't point out why it was silly, but instead just try to let it slip by? Also, vote wipe right before the first 24 hours - so far that power has always been limited to the first 24 hours of a 48 hour day so as not to break the towns power to lynch. So the sniping argument actually does you no good.

So can you explain this quote?

Um....phar, I think you and BPC need to get on the same page. :p Are those 6 peoples votes removed, or not?

Both vote counts were posted by phar - why would oyu think that BPC was on a different page?

coju voted in 351 at 19:55

CG voted in 360 at 21:08

So when someone accuses you of something silly, you don't point out why it was silly, but instead just try to let it slip by? Also, vote wipe right before the first 24 hours - so far that power has always been limited to the first 24 hours of a 48 hour day so as not to break the towns power to lynch. So the sniping argument actually does you no good.

So can you explain this quote?

Both vote counts were posted by phar - why would oyu think that BPC was on a different page?

I didn't even think it was a serious accusation. I wasn't aware that vote wiping was a power that you've seen before, and it seem extremely pointless to me, so I didn't judge the accusation as meaningful. Similarly, my lack of awareness of that being an actual mechanic that has been used before, leaves me ignorant of the specifics behind it. Based on the knowledge I have, both my assumptions and reaction(or lack thereof) are perfectly reasonable. Likely, had I seen it occur before, I would have taken Zokars words more seriously, however, this game has enough mod actions that appear to have triggers unknown to the players(i.e. the penalties and bonuses) that the vote wipe seemed likely to be a mod action, especially given the text accompanying it where the moderators call for the spray to be applied.

To answer your last quote: I was just reading down the page and saw two vote counts in close proximity, with different counts. I didn't look at the count up to post x line, and similarly because the two counts were different and I didn't check that line, I assumed the count must have been done separately by phar and BPC.

Can u explain those acronyms for the uninitiated?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Lylo=lynch or lose=there are enough scum left that we have to lynch scum today or we lose.
mylo=mislynch and lose=if we lynch a townie today we lose.

Mylo means if we aren't certain who scum is, we have the option of not lynching anyone today, to prevent an autoloss from making a mistake. That would make the next day Lylo.

Those states assume no doc saves, and no extra kills available for maifa. It all changes if either of those are possibilities.

I didn't even think it was a serious accusation. I wasn't aware that vote wiping was a power that you've seen before, and it seem extremely pointless to me, so I didn't judge the accusation as meaningful. Similarly, my lack of awareness of that being an actual mechanic that has been used before, leaves me ignorant of the specifics behind it. Based on the knowledge I have, both my assumptions and reaction(or lack thereof) are perfectly reasonable. Likely, had I seen it occur before, I would have taken Zokars words more seriously, however, this game has enough mod actions that appear to have triggers unknown to the players(i.e. the penalties and bonuses) that the vote wipe seemed likely to be a mod action, especially given the text accompanying it where the moderators call for the spray to be applied.

To answer your last quote: I was just reading down the page and saw two vote counts in close proximity, with different counts. I didn't look at the count up to post x line, and similarly because the two counts were different and I didn't check that line, I assumed the count must have been done separately by phar and BPC.

Thanks for the answer. That does answer my question. For reference, we previously had a gladiator who in the first 24 hours could wipe votes and then people could only vote for either the gladiator or his target.

Gwaihir, I'd like to hear your thoughts on mass claiming today, given your agreement that we are likely quite close to Lylo/Mylo.

I have been thinking about this. I think our best bet is to do claims today. With the last 3 days all being focused on neutrals/townies, I really don't have many reads on people, and we really need to lynch scum. I think a mass claim is best.

Day 4 Start

Instructions:
Today's event is Dash to Death!
The object of this challenge is to get across the obstacle course without getting DASHED TO DEATH!!

And just in case it matters: I run like a bat out of hell trying to dodge whatever it is that gets thrown at us.

Today is probably a good mass claim day now that you bring it up.

I concur with this statement. I think we're probably, at best, one mislynch away from LYLO.

Since most everyone appears to be in agreement about this, we should probably start it sooner rather than later.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High