Mafia Game: Cheers/Frasier Theme

You say you wouldn't even give ML the chance. Does that mean you're ignoring the possibility of there being a bus driver? I've only been in 2 other games, but a bus driver has been in both, I think. Still, if a bus driver had switched Gory with someone, then no doubt he would have admitted to it if he didn't think Gory was scum.

If there IS a Bus Driver and (s)he swapped Goryani and someone else, and has yet to open up, that Bus Driver must be inactive as hell (hello, nulio) or a complete nub. If I was a BD and I swapped Goryani x ? last night, CONFESSING IT BEFORE GORY'S LYNCH could SAVE a potential townie and prevent the cop from looking like a total dork.

If ML is wrong, string him up.

@All, I may be willing to take the final shot at omg if someone else wants to swap voting order with me. His claim including the "first or last voter. . ." sounds like he's just trying to convince the first voter to unvote him. (that is, I'll unvote, someone who hasn't voted will, and then I will vote again after them, taking the supposed hit)

We have lots of time so I'd like some feedback on the idea before we go through with it.

Your response plays on the idea that you started the day locked, which is never true, and is what I've been getting at. Is their something I'm completely missing here or are you just avoiding answering me straight?

It's close enough to true. My first post of the day, before I realized I had any votes, I think I was already at 7. Then I said I was catching up on D1 stuff. I still didn't know I had any votes. I continue reading D1 stuff and responding. At some point, I see a vote in the preview edit window but I figured that people would want to hear what I had to say. I think I was at 9 votes when I finished the D1 read and saw ML's investigation result on me. Unfortunately, I still didn't know I had that many votes so I tried to finish reading the thread. My mistake. A scant 1:18 later and I was locked. I didn't even realize it. At that point, finding scum is the only option left to me.

It's close enough to true. My first post of the day, before I realized I had any votes, I think I was already at 7. Then I said I was catching up on D1 stuff. I still didn't know I had any votes. I continue reading D1 stuff and responding. At some point, I see a vote in the preview edit window but I figured that people would want to hear what I had to say. I think I was at 9 votes when I finished the D1 read and saw ML's investigation result on me. Unfortunately, I still didn't know I had that many votes so I tried to finish reading the thread. My mistake. A scant 1:18 later and I was locked. I didn't even realize it. At that point, finding scum is the only option left to me.
Oh okay. I didn't realize that you were that far behind. I guess catching up takes longer for mafia veterans since they record more and think a lot more about what's happening.

While it is not impossible, the fact that it is coming from you makes me believe otherwise. WIFOM?
WIFOM indeed. However, if I'm wrong about the game setup, it should an easy town win. Five mafia (lower limit of mafia numbers for town secured vote 2) among 27 players (and apparently 2 cops) and they can be killed three at a time through vote 1, vote 2 and the SK. A 27 player game that's capable of ending in 2 days... Am I really the only person to thing of these things?

Not going well? There is a Guilty result on a player and it is not going well?

Needing to find out who and how the lynch was stopped? Why? So you could NK that person as well?

Why would FoE NOT protect MartinLong, the belatedly claimed Cop? ML is one of the few chances the Town has of finding a Scum and by protecting him, we gain a Cop verdict. Do you just not get that or are you just trying hard to contribute to the discussion?

Your activity in this game has been limited to fishing for roles. Welcome to my Scum list.

Up until almost to the end of Yesterday, kestegs was my top scum suspect.

Trying hard not too stand out, much? I just got home now, so RL is an excuse for my lack of posting/voting Today. You on the other hand posted several times earlier, yet did not vote for Goryani before, while voting Omg..

Since the Goryani has been locked already,

Vote 2: omgwtfbbqpwned

I only left in what is relevant to me, and for some reason the quotes were not included when I replied with quote. Whatevs. They are right there above me if someone needs them.

In order:
1. No, I would say with 4 Townies dead and not a single mafia this is definitely not going well. Unless losing the game thus far is how you define "going well". In fact, I would say a mafioso is the only one who would be pleased with four dead townies and 3 dead power roles. And we are to believe that our redemption comes in the form of a verdict from a claimed, but not yet proven, cop?
2. The most important thing that has happened thus far, outside of the obits at day's start, is the survival of ML. If you don't think that is significant, obviously you know something we don't or you aren't concerned about lynching people. Furthermore, FoE was clearly for lynching ML, and quite vocal about that. Why would he vote for ML if he intended to save him?
3. Welcome to your scum list? I would say this is an honor but it seems everybody is here nowadays. kesty was there on D2, look what happened to him.
4. I didn't vote for Goryani because I was not convinced of Goryani being the best vote. I wanted to read the entire thread before I voted, and by the time I had he was locked anyway. Are you going to really accuse me because I was late in following the crowd? If anything that is an anti-scum tell, since scum would be the ones giving votes without reading.

I would love to know why you suddenly turn on me. Was it because I mentioned you and ruined your nice little time spent hiding from the spotlight?

I only left in what is relevant to me, and for some reason the quotes were not included when I replied with quote. Whatevs. They are right there above me if someone needs them.

In order:
1. No, I would say with 4 Townies dead and not a single mafia this is definitely not going well. Unless losing the game thus far is how you define "going well". In fact, I would say a mafioso is the only one who would be pleased with four dead townies and 3 dead power roles. And we are to believe that our redemption comes in the form of a verdict from a claimed, but not yet proven, cop?

Getting a cop result, and especially a Guilty result is ALWAYS good. If the cop is correct, that almost certainly confirms the Cop. If he is wrong he needs to be lynched, more often than not. Either way, information will be obtained for the good of the Town.

2. The most important thing that has happened thus far, outside of the obits at day's start, is the survival of ML. If you don't think that is significant, obviously you know something we don't or you aren't concerned about lynching people. Furthermore, FoE was clearly for lynching ML, and quite vocal about that. Why would he vote for ML if he intended to save him?

Because, everyone but the person responsible, we were hit with the "no lynch" shocker. Would he REALLY not give ML the benefit of the doubt, and not save him - given the deaths that had occurred thus far?

3. Welcome to your scum list? I would say this is an honor but it seems everybody is here nowadays. kesty was there on D2, look what happened to him.

That kestegs was Town, does not mean that you are.

I would love to know why you suddenly turn on me. Was it because I mentioned you and ruined your nice little time spent hiding from the spotlight?

Because, PCM, nothing in your play this far has indicated that you are pro-town. Reasons I have already stated.

Hiding from the spotlight? That beyond hypocritical, coming from you.

Lastly, coju's reasoning makes sense from a personal point of view, but not one I agree with. The person who created the light-hearted game put in the tools to use to hunt, find, and lynch scum. Why are you opposed to using those tools?

I'm not opposed to using the tools. I'm opposed to using vote 2 against an active player. As already stated, if omg isn't active today, I'll gladly vote 2 him.

Who's still interested?

Vote 2: Goryani

This feels like a deflection - we had trouble getting a vote 2 yesterday, do you think it would actually be likely today?

Uraj: just wanted till see yours and coju's reactions. You went through an awful lot of work to justify your reasoning. A lot of work. Too much work... I believe your reasoning.

I also have faith ML is what he says he is. I don't think he is insane because it took gory a very long time to think of that.

Confused by this post. In the first part you sound like you want to believe he is scum, but then don't and you believe him? In the second part you believe ML is sane because it took someone a while to mention he might not be?

I think OMG is SK, and if we can't get a vote 2 on him then I will be placing my vote 1 on him (depending on other investigations, of course)

Maybe I should be more specific. If you AREN'T scum then why would you not tell us immediately so we can all gather our thoughts on who is more likely to be lying (or both honest, because of bussing or something). You suggested that he may not be a sane cop (or at least that we should all keep that possibility in mind), yes if you weren't scum you could really show that possibility immediately by claiming your alignment (not necessarily role, ofc).

I don't see how not claiming your alignment after all of this can help scum during this day phase, and by the time your lynch happens, everyone will know the information you're "hiding" so dearly.

It's easy to say "I'm helping the scum hunt the best I can given that I'm going to be lynched by poking and prodding", but in actuality this is the first of two options as a a guilty verdict.

Any reason you actually think omg is the SK? I know he plays gutsy, but do you think that he would actually claim day 1? Also curious, why would you expect an alignment claim from Gory? You think we could actually learn something from it? I do find a lack or roleclaim odd, but asking for an alignment claim seems silly.

Now that I've taken care of that, I think we should clear up something. The discussion over ML's cop claim seems to have been leaning toward him being proven to be a cop. While there is clearly some reason to trust him, there is also just as much reason to distrust him. I'm not saying this because I think him to be scum, but because I don't see any reason for those who are suspicious of him because they are suspicious of everybody being lynched for this wariness. So to treat a distrust of ML as a scum tell is silly and dangerous. Like some have said already, he walked away from a lynch without any explanation.

I'm not at all saying we should lynch ML, not today and with what he have now, anyway. I think Gory is a good lynch, and were it not redundant I would cast my vote for him right now. I have already explained why omg needs to go, and I haven't really seen much else that I think is a surefire scum tell. Some generally scummy behavior coming off of Solar, he has come out swinging against virtually everyone, but I've only had one game with him so that might be his normal behavior. Mal is awfully quiet, I'd be interested to see more from him. And frozzzen is definitely tripping some alarms, but I am certainly not the first to notice that.

Just in case:
Vote 1: Goryani

This is another odd post. You are warning agaisnt people believing ML is sure to be cop, which is the same as frozzzen. You then go on to say that frozzzen is trippung some alarms. So do you think he is scum and are agreeing with him?

This here is you trying to cast suspicion on ML. I.E., discrediting the claimed cop. Specifically point #3. You may or may not be doing it on purpose. I tend to lean towards purposeful.

It used to be, but that's changed. Moderators have realized that it's pointless to have a sanity change that be easily beaten on the first investigation, so any moderator worth their salt will always return an innocent result on a self-investigation, regardless of the sanity. Non-sane cops are fairly rare as well.

So are you at all suspicious about ML?

As for sanity, it might be a bit much to say "any moderator worth their salt will always return an innocent result on a self-investigation," but the I have never be mod for a game. I agree with the fact that self-investigation is a waste of time, as many times it doesn't do anything except waste a night that could be a useful investigation.

IIRC, Sathoris was Lawyer in the SP game, and his role went like this;

Every 3 days you can choose to prevent a lynch, with a 50% chance of it working (he did this on himself and saved himself), and if it DOES work, then you can place 2 votes the following day.

Actually, this raises a question and something that the lawyer (if there is one) should consider (at the risk of revealing themselves, of course). Assuming the role follows the same rules, do you get 2x vote 1 and vote 2? If there's a lawyer I highly suggest they ask Thy if they don't already know, and this would be an EXCELLENT way to get omg at the end of the day if we're 1 vote short.

So you are saying you want the lawyer to out himself by using his double vote to lock a nuetral?

I do have an ability. And I was 99% honest. ;P

Either the first or last person to lynch me dies along with me.

Why am I not suprised. You never make things easy for the town, do you?

Unvote 2: omgwtfbbqpwbed

i still think you need to be lynched but i was the first voter, and that scares me

Wait if i re-vote now i will not be the last voter, and hopefully some mafia shows up and votes without reading the rules, lets hope

Any reason you actually think omg is the SK? I know he plays gutsy, but do you think that he would actually claim day 1? Also curious, why would you expect an alignment claim from Gory? You think we could actually learn something from it? I do find a lack or roleclaim odd, but asking for an alignment claim seems silly.

So you are saying you want the lawyer to out himself by using his double vote to lock a nuetral?

I essentially believe he could be the SK because i think he would be gutsy enough to do it, as well as the whole strategy as "playing like a townie" seems exactly like the kind of thing the SK would want to do. this coupled with the unlikelihood that we could vote 2 him (and now he throws in this claim that someone else will die with him). It all seems a little crazy to me, and as you said he plays risky.

I already explained why I expected an alignment claim from Gory, so that if he was innocent he could save himself, and we could try to determine what had gone wrong, or if ML is lying, or whatever the case is. He later explained that he simply didn't have the time to respond on the subject until it was too late, which I believe, and makes sense.

As per my suggestion to the potential lawyer. It was an idea that I thought the lawyer should consider given the chance. I did not say that they should, just that they should consider the possibility, because the vast majority of people think omg needs to go, but we may not reach 75%. Besides, the lawyer ability (at least in the SP game) could only work every 3 days, so taking advantage of that sooner rather than later might be a beneficial idea (so when things get really tight in the end he has the chance to use it again).

Gwahir: the first half of my quoted post is to urai about his answer to my omg question.

The second half of my post was general about some of the scummier peoples disbelief in Martin.

Pharphis: I think there is a better chance that omg is like a bus driver or something than a serial killer. Of course that is if his claim contains more than one percent lies.

Gwahir: the first half of my quoted post is to urai about his answer to my omg question.

The second half of my post was general about some of the scummier peoples disbelief in Martin.

Pharphis: I think there is a better chance that omg is like a bus driver or something than a serial killer. Of course that is if his claim contains more than one percent lies.

Before all of these power roles started falling over dead I had a feeling he might BE a power role (especially the doc or cop), and had this set-up designed so as to not be targeted by mafia at night, or by town during the day. It's so in the air, though.

Of course it is. The scum have to bus him now, don't they?
"The scum have to bus Goryani now" is what you are saying here. As, I was quoting this post
I cannot. I did look up roles though and governor was found on mafia scum. Ability is able to stop a lynch, I can only assume that this power role is in the game as I have no other ideas.

Also, the investigation on Goryani turned up foe.

And voted for Goryani at the end of the post. The vote would have went after I said, "Enough for me," but with the vote rules, went at the bottom. It looks like you're trying to turn my words around.

as of 595:

1st page said:

I'm all for lynching the lurkers with vote 2. Since, as of omg's first/last voter dilemma...

Oh, and I believe I am L-1 from a V2 system at the moment. I hope this clears me from being a VI, as I could easily just hammer myself in.

No lock mechanism. Nice try though.

I do have an ability. And I was 99% honest. ;P

Either the first or last person to lynch me dies along with me. Al loves his company. <3 I won't reveal the entire mechanic. Desperate lying attempt to save myself and proceed to achieve my sweet sweet wincon? Or clever ace in my sleeve to avoid a potential vigilante as long as possible? You decide. :tongue:

I'm willing to stake my life that you're bluffing. Even if you're not bluffing, it doesn't matter. I'll gladly sacrifice myself to get you removed from the game. You're nothing but a liability and a distraction, and this last desperate grab at attention proves it. The only good that has come of your posts this game is that we have leads on possible mafia that refuse to lynch you to continue the distraction.

Retributive lynching is not a townie role. You are not playing a townie game. Therefore, you deserve to be lynched.

surprise surprise omg lied about his role, never saw that one coming.

Oh and for those of you saying im not scum hunting, i'm the one pressuring everyone to vote of OMG

No lock mechanism. Nice try though.

???

I'm puzzled. You think I can't slip by 5 minutes before day ends and vote myself off? I don't need a lock mechanism to kill myself.

I'm willing to stake my life that you're bluffing. Even if you're not bluffing, it doesn't matter. I'll gladly sacrifice myself to get you removed from the game.

In that case, consider un-voting and re-voting as V2 voter #17. Make my day, CG, make my day. ;)

surprise surprise omg lied about his role, never saw that one coming.

Oh and for those of you saying im not scum hunting, i'm the one pressuring everyone to vote of OMG

I never lied about my role. I'm still a Survivor. I'm still striving to survive the duration of the game. Being resourceful isn't a crime. :)

Also, you really aren't scumhunting. You are solely focusing on ONE aspect of the game, which is getting me lynched. Other than that, you've contributed zero to the discussion. See Moar's posts as an example of what you should be doing. Moar is trying just as hard to wipe me off the map too, but she's also playing the role of a detective towards other players too.

@ Autti. You are only focussing on OMG and it feels like you are using him as a distraction.

For reference I decided to go through your past posts. (warning wall of text coming)

The first thing I noticed when going through his posts is an obsession with Vote 2, and how not vote 2ing looks scummy. To me it reads like he is trying to hide through use of the Vote 2.

and hence it would be super obvious who the mafia is.

the mafia have to get on the trains to look townie.

People refusing to vote for a super scummy vote 2 would be equally scummy.

Then there was this post …..

OMG you have been brave and honest in claiming so early and I respect you not misleading the town.

However with the vote2 mechanic and how you played last game. I don't trust you, your not town. And you have to die.

I do feel bad for you, but I'm in this to win, not to be nice.

The bolded section doesn’t really sit that well with me. Sounds almost like he has a win condition separate from the town.

can we just vote2 omg and move on to hunt real scum.

hes a distraction and has to be lynched.

More on lynching OMG.

So your against lynching the only person has claimed they aren't town?

I cant decide if you and him are scum budies, or your scum and wanting to keep him around to improve your win chances. Either way he HAS to go. And i will vote2 you next.

In case you didnt notice, OMG was less than useless last game and got another townie killed because of it. Do you want that to happen again?

More on lynching OMG.

My point about vote2, which has seemingly come true is this.

The whole of town cannot vote 2 someone without the help of neutrals and mafia.

If someone is very scummy, or anti town, and we (town) already have a vote 1 candidate we will vote 2 him. This means that either mafia will lynch their own, or neutrals will be lynched by mafia.

Either way, anti town players will have to help because of the lynch.

Because of that, those players who don't vote2 are most likely to be scum, as they are stopping town from voting on of their scum buddies.

This is what i tried to explain earlier, in that vote2 is useful in determining voting behavior, and a good scum test.

Needless to say, my theory worked because these are the people who didn't vote2:
Goryani
Malevolent
frozzzen
nulio
flubbucket
coju
Uraj

Surprise, surprise, they are quite scummy.

Again using the Vote 2 as a scum test, makes me think that he is trying to hide.

That was in response to what he said about OMG in the last game. I wasn't the first to bring it up, i simply responded in kind.

Not to mention that everyone jumped on noodle for not lurking, as he does every other game. And now i'm not aloud to comment on OMG's erratic play style like last game because its unfair? You have to be joking.

More on OMG.

So your attacking me for strong rhetoric?

I dont see how there is a single good reason not to vote2 omg today.

with that in mind i forgot to vote2 him so

Again focusing on OMG.

can we lynch OMG today as well for the love of god.

coju
nulio
frozzzen
pancakeman
MartinLong
Jcakes
noodle
pyro
moar
Solar ice

are all yet to cast a vote2

more than a few scum suspects in there

12 hours into a day and is pointing out that people haven’t voted omg.

In conclusion, Autti hasn’t done much this game except fixate on omg and the vote2 being away to find scum. Seems really really fishy to me.

Especially this quote (reemphasised from above)

I do feel bad for you, but I'm in this to win, not to be nice.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High