Mafia Game: Cheers/Frasier Theme

You appear to be on my case, what's up? If I didn't explain my reasoning about this post
I was saying that in my mind 2 comes after 1, that's why I vote 2'd martinlong. I wasn't even quoting you in that post.

I am not sure what the second sentence is referring too. Your explanation is contradicting. The chances we get 75% were low at the beginning (we all know it is hard enough to get 50% at times, especially early in the game) and just get worse as the town loses members. Now the contradictory part: you mention that we wouldn't have to waste time voting for omg because of vote 2. Well, guess what? We have a cop that found scum and now have the chance to scumhunt with a vote 2, yet omg is still in the way and a great distraction for the mafia.

And I called you out because I disagree with your logic (which is fine, it happens) and you have been basically worthless to the town. Early yesterday you were participating, though. But your contradictory justification of not voting omg doesn't leave me with a warm feeling.

Ah yes, the "we have to use it or lose it" argument. Guess what, we never had it to begin with. Mafia control the vote 2 vote until "enough" mafia are lynched or night killed. How many is enough?

Day 1 or 2 are the best times for us to get vote 2 through by letting some mafia (maybe autti?) act as town and use it to secure a lynch.

Wow Gory, can't believe its yesterday already.
Good one.

@Gory,
Do you think Thy would put a vote 2 mechanic that requires greater than 75% of the votes if there was at least 25% mafia? I kind of expect that for this reason she may have several neutrals of varying powers (like the SK). i'm not saying it's not possible, but it seems kind of silly to make the vote only useful in the case that mafia screw up the first few nights miraculously, and the town gets lucky with their lynches.

There does appear to be more power roles so far, but not everything has happened yet. For example, we still don't know if there's a doc (though presumably there is, since they seem to be a standard). Bus driver? Maybe there isn't one.

Your nit-picking with the claimed cop just seems like a really long-shot at preventing your lynch for the day, by casting doubt on him. That's what I get out of this, at least.

You know, I wouldn't be too surprised that omg is SK, given we are receiving 2 deaths/night so far and he would come us as neutral under investigation, as he would as a survivor. He probably knew that people would try to vote 2 him, but knowing that people can barely get together to decide on one lynch for the day would make it not AS risky of a move for him.

@Gory, I don't see how Solar is accusing you there, unless there is more to it that you didn't quote. Yes, he expected more from you, which is why he turned to thinking you're scum, but I don't think that what he said there is blame for our potential loss at all.
Care to explain how both you and Solar can be scum this game but want each other dead? If you have no doubt about his alignment then you should place a vote, too.

vote 2: omgwtfbbqpwned

How do YOU know a serial killer will show neutral upon investigation??

Okay, this is not going well. We need to get on top of this, and we need to do it fast. I agree with Cal, I think first priority should be sorting out the missed lynching of omg. That should start with some answers. I understand there were reservations, but we had a chance for two lynches and instead we got none.
Secondly, we need to find out how ML avoided that lynch, and whether he did it or someone did it for him. mafiascum says Jailkeeper can block any form of kill, but our Jailkeeper (Fred) didn't seem very sympathetic to ML, so I can't see why he would protect him. So if anyone knows any role that can explain this?
I think we also need to examine those that were attacking kesty so vigorously, too. Not necessarily those who were suspicious, but those that were sure.
Finally, there is what ML said about the postman theory being wrong. Do we take this to mean the postman is that second possibility, the sending a message and getting one back thing? Furthermore, it means we have a second kill, and there are few things that can do that, and do it consistently. I think we need to strongly consider the possibility of a SK. It does seem a bit strange that this SK, if there is one, has nailed two townies in two night, possibly even two power roles, but it is always possible that that is pure luck or that this game is full of power roles.

If I had to guess at the identity of an SK now, without any real discussion on it, I'd have to point at omg. His purely neutral story is a nice distraction, causing us all to argue over whether he should be lynched or not instead of whether he is telling the truth or not. Furthermore, investigation from our (now fallen) Cop would simply say neutral, which would serve to back up his story. And he knows good and well that if we didn't Vote2 lynch him at first chance we won't be able to, and we will be too focused on hunting scum to V1 lynch him, so he is relatively safe as long as he lays low. Basically, it boils down to the old "hiding in plain sight" cliche.

So, I think at this point we string up omg at all cost. Even if he isn't an SK or some similar town-killer, he is the only person we know for sure to be non-town, and with 4 down we have to lynch someone.

This is sensible to me. However I would like some answers from pharphis regarding mentioned post. I will vote now with the option to change later.

Vote 2: omgwtfbbqpwned

I just assumed SK would show as neutral, because they aren't town or mafia. I admit that I don't actually know for sure, though.

Has anyone else ever witnessed this happening before? If no one knows for sure, is there reason to believe any different?

In case you didnt notice, OMG was less than useless last game and got another townie killed because of it. Do you want that to happen again?

Too much to read atm, but let me address this.

You should never take precedence of a previous game too much into account. Each game is different, although you can draw patterns that a single player seems to exhibit from one game to the next. Otherwise strategically, I would be one of the first to go every D1 for the random lynch. :smug: A fact I am actually quite proud of.

Second, I was made useless only because of circumstance. I would have killed a mafia had Bad Ash chosen any other day to use his global block. I also saved you from a roleblock N4, which did lead to my death.

Third, I was lynched before I could actually reveal anything. You guys knew what I could be, you guys knew I was silenced and unable to defend myself, yet you went along with the lynch.

Fourth, I'm actually being quite supportive of the town this game. I've helped scumhunt a lot more than most players. I'm not sure how I could directly get a townie killed this game. :crazyeyes:

Now back to reading the last 20 pages. No doubt littered with more SK/VI/Mafia theories, but I shall enjoy reading them nonetheless.

And before I make my pitstop for the night, I can't remember if it was Pyro, Laarz, or thefranklin who was all uptight about it, but here goes nothing:

My wincon brings all the boys to the yard, and they're like, it's better than yours, damn right, it's better than yours, I can teach you, but I have to charge. Wincon wincon wincon wincon wincon wincon wincon. Me me me me me me me. :tongue:

I am not sure what the second sentence is referring too. Your explanation is contradicting. The chances we get 75% were low at the beginning (we all know it is hard enough to get 50% at times, especially early in the game) and just get worse as the town loses members. Now the contradictory part: you mention that we wouldn't have to waste time voting for omg because of vote 2. Well, guess what? We have a cop that found scum and now have the chance to scumhunt with a vote 2, yet omg is still in the way and a great distraction for the mafia.

And I called you out because I disagree with your logic (which is fine, it happens) and you have been basically worthless to the town. Early yesterday you were participating, though. But your contradictory justification of not voting omg doesn't leave me with a warm feeling.

Oh my. What contradicting? I'm not even talking about the vote 2. That was a mistake vote.

Day 1 or 2 are the best times for us to get vote 2 through by letting some mafia (maybe autti?) act as town and use it to secure a lynch.
My point about vote2, which has seemingly come true is this.

The whole of town cannot vote 2 someone without the help of neutrals and mafia.

If someone is very scummy, or anti town, and we (town) already have a vote 1 candidate we will vote 2 him. This means that either mafia will lynch their own, or neutrals will be lynched by mafia.

Either way, anti town players will have to help because of the lynch.

Because of that, those players who don't vote2 are most likely to be scum, as they are stopping town from voting on of their scum buddies.

This is what i tried to explain earlier, in that vote2 is useful in determining voting behavior, and a good scum test.

Needless to say, my theory worked because these are the people who didn't vote2:
Goryani
Malevolent
frozzzen
nulio
flubbucket
coju
Uraj

Surprise, surprise, they are quite scummy.

My wincon brings all the boys to the yard, and they're like, it's better than yours, damn right, it's better than yours, I can teach you, but I have to charge. Wincon wincon wincon wincon wincon wincon wincon. Me me me me me me me. :tongue:

You met your wincon? Nice, grats!

I take that answer to be no, then? You are very close to getting lynched ML, and if I was in your shoes and Pro-Town, I would at the very least claim, to have any chance of stopping the lynch. if you are not pro-town, then goodbye and the right decision was made.

I can't help but notice you don't have a vote for the "right decision."

...My wincon brings all the boys to the yard, and they're like, it's better than yours, damn right, it's better than yours, I can teach you, but I have to charge. Wincon wincon wincon wincon wincon wincon wincon. Me me me me me me me. :tongue:

This is worth the price of admission to this game....+1

and as a side note.....Thanks Autti!!

My point about vote2, which has seemingly come true is this.

The whole of town cannot vote 2 someone without the help of neutrals and mafia.

If someone is very scummy, or anti town, and we (town) already have a vote 1 candidate we will vote 2 him. This means that either mafia will lynch their own, or neutrals will be lynched by mafia.

Either way, anti town players will have to help because of the lynch.

Because of that, those players who don't vote2 are most likely to be scum, as they are stopping town from voting on of their scum buddies.

This is what i tried to explain earlier, in that vote2 is useful in determining voting behavior, and a good scum test.

Needless to say, my theory worked because these are the people who didn't vote2:
Goryani
Malevolent
frozzzen
nulio
flubbucket
coju
Uraj

Surprise, surprise, they are quite scummy.

Keep in mind that Malevolent was proven innocent by our cop.

and that i tried to vote but was foiled by the anal voting rules of this game ( no offense thy i can see how it makes you jobs easier)

and as a side note.....Thanks Autti!!
Huh?
Your avatar is scary, side note.

Keep in mind that Malevolent was proven innocent by our cop.
Keep in mind. Don't believe everything you read :)
and that i tried to vote but was foiled by the anal voting rules of this game ( no offense thy i can see how it makes you jobs easier)
foiled or deliberate?

Still not sold on you. But lynching goryani will provide us answers.

Vote 1: Goryani

Huh?
Your avatar is scary, side note.

Keep in mind. Don't believe everything you read :)
foiled or deliberate?

Still not sold on you. But lynching goryani will provide us answers.

Well yeah, but we have no reason to doubt it as of now.

His avatar scares me, too.

[replying to kestegs]
Not too much to add to my earlier points about Goryani, except that when trying to read and analyse your responses to my pressure, they have seemed genuine, for a lack of a better word. I cannot put it into so many words and perhaps someone else can. They were not the types of responses that I got when I made my case against you in the Commie Invasion game, which I knew immediately were fake and i knew immediately that you were not the Doc.
kestegs responses sounded very genuine indeed. I thought so before switching to MartinLong and BEFORE you started setting me up for the fall should kestegs flip town. How many times did you"give me credit" when you were "interrogating" kestegs? What were the vote counts at that time?

I was the the SK in that game. Yes, Anti-Town but not to the extent the Informed Minority that the Scum were. Goryani, at one stage, was spot on about me and his analysis was brilliant, from the off. He was acting very much from a Town PoV. There is nothing like that from him in this game now, reagardless of what Day it is. At all.
Want to know how I did it? I identified the townies. It's that simple. After exonerating the three early claiming VT's and myself, only the fake claiming mafia and the SK were left. There was a bit of a decision as far as 2 mafia or 1 mafia vs 1 SK but I went with the odds.

Know what else? That method doesn't work very well on the first half of the first day.

He seems to be grasping on straws. Acting. Faking. Trying to make himself seem useful and blend in.
Take a look in the mirror. Oh wait - you just painted a picture of yourself. How's the ear?

Kestegs, if you are Scum all along, I have huge egg on my face. But, imho, we as Town are very close to losing this game, even at this stage and sometimes risks and drastic measures need to be taken to bring this game back from the abyss.
Yeah. No. What kind of game design requires rescuing from the abyss after the very first night? This ought to be good.

Two nights, two deaths. This would confirm that mafia has two kills a night and those theories about the post man taking out someone is false.

Huh? How did you jump to that? I would think a SK would be way more likely.

How do YOU know a serial killer will show neutral upon investigation??

This is a good question. They seem to commonly show up as anti-town as well.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High