Mafia Game: Cheers/Frasier Theme

Speaking of which!

I really, really, really liked the free day of talk. I think it perfectly balanced letting the mafia get to make the first move (giving the town 'information' to work off), while giving everyone even a minor part to play. Though I can't speak for the other team, it heavily influenced my team's kill which made for a more interesting first couple of days, IMO.

Wait. Why wouldn't you tell us your name, coju? Were you actually trying to bait anyone with that or just being a scummy pain for no reason?
Wanted to see if the players of Mafia games could actually drop something. It wasn't until the very end of the game that anyone put any correlation on part of the mafians being ex-wifes (Very nice, btw, Thy. Having that detail in it). It was the same for me with the OMG thing. What difference did it make. Everybody was "Oh so scared" that OMG wouldn't be on 'the towns' (aka, your) side at the end of the game. Goodness. Even though it made no difference, he still would have lost, and everybody would have been all like, " haha omg! You couldn't get lynched you VI! haha! I hate VI's! Blah Blah blah!" "hax0rz" 'pl0zx" "tatatata" "and all that other nonsense chitter chatter"

Because there was no reason to give it. No one alive could figure out (at least say they had) that teams had to do with names.
So, I didn't feel like giving it out. I said I wouldn't, and was going to stick to it. I dislike peer-pressure (only reason I only used drugs in the first place. Even tasting alcohol.), mob-mentality (which the game is full of), and a couple other things that I cannot seem to remember because they are so depressed within me to speak of or even remember until they happen again. So, I didn't give in to any of that, and only because I wanted y'all to stfu about it, I gave a quote from my character, and only mentioned that post, hoping that someone would figure it out, which they did.

iirc, I did something similar in another game, and told everyone that keeping mentioning it was a distraction, and scummy. I said that about my name this game too. Even mentioned the same thing about trying to keep getting me lynched (gwaih!) at the end of the game, "it is a waste of a lynch, and will only cause a mislynch." Gwahihr kept pushing for my lynch, which actually was a 75% chance on myself, which had a very great chance of not happening, thus no deaths, thus +1 mafia, and no information.
The sole reason I saved jcakes, was because I hadn't used my power, and wanted to cause a little confusion. honestly. Mayhem, trolling, whathaveyou. When I re-counted, I realized I wasn't lynched. Very surprised. Very very. After that, I wanted to live. LIVE!

I'm way too honest in these games. Way.
Speaking of which!

I really, really, really liked the free day of talk. I think it perfectly balanced letting the mafia get to make the first move (giving the town 'information' to work off), while giving everyone even a minor part to play. Though I can't speak for the other team, it heavily influenced my team's kill which made for a more interesting first couple of days, IMO.

I liked it too, even as a town.

+1 to the free day to talk. Very good for all, I think.

I can see using your refusal to call out your name a method of finding the scum (the people who drill you for it), but in most cases I still don't think it is a good play. Even though we didn't make the correlation until later, names could still be used to verify that your role matches (or doesn't match at all!) or you could have just had a really scummy name. Doesn't always work, but quite often we can catch people for being scummy based on their name. This was sort of the case for Laarz, iirc. Or even CG because an ex-wife is very likely not a good thing. That's one of the problems with themed games, I think, because when the mafia can't claim something else, they're often stuck with a name that sounds scummy.

Gwaihir knew this and chose a different role entirely, and it at least made some of us think twice about it.

I know I kept drilling you for your name for those reasons, though. I jsut couldn't understand why you wouldn't tell us, aside frmo stubbornness or hiding your scumminess.

That's one of the problems with themed games, I think, because when the mafia can't claim something else, they're often stuck with a name that sounds scummy.

It was made more difficult in this game with role reveal on all nks.

Post 1 from Mal IIRC

"i am gmt+12 so it is 3:37 pm here on wednesday atm

ko any other suggestions on our target?

I assume that post is how Pman knew that Mal was mafia. One thing you probably should have done was to make him have a chance to evesdrop the masons as well.

I assume that post is how Pman knew that Mal was mafia. One thing you probably should have done was to make him have a chance to evesdrop the masons as well.
Yeah, I suspected from the typing but I knew when I found out he was a Kiwi. Unless there are any Fijans or Tuvaluans here, Kiwis are the only GMT +12 group. I told you, I was Columboing the crap out of this.
And dear god no! I was already confused enough, potentially getting a post from a third faction would have just torn my psyche in half!

Oh yeah. I remember there was definitely some reasoning behind killing Sath. I can't remember if it seemed like he was a power role, or if he was one of the people really giving Mal heat. Also it gave us an innocent result on Mal. Also gave us a whole day without any misvoting!

Yeah, I suspected from the typing but I knew when I found out he was a Kiwi. Unless there are any Fijans or Tuvaluans here, Kiwis are the only GMT +12 group. I told you, I was Columboing the crap out of this.
And dear god no! I was already confused enough, potentially getting a post from a third faction would have just torn my psyche in half!

That is some very impressive effort in scum hunting. Well done there.

No. Town-mentality is better! :yes: :badteeth:

...I see what you did there.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High