Mafia Game: Cheers/Frasier Theme

Fun times, I actually thought they had succeded at blocking my access at work since my phone could access the page but my browser couldn't for the first few hours. Anyway.

Oh *whatever* MartinLong is scum. Lynch him today and if he is not mafia, lynch me tomorrow!

Thats a very strong statement you have there. Very daring, and I'm not sure how you can be so certain that you would lay yourself on the line.

Welcome to the last three pages. The only scum thoughts against me are the apparently 'flip flopping' of OMG's lynch.

What about you? Hmm? There have been many scum accusations against you, yet you have no response to them. Seemingly your avoiding their accusations by going to the first person under heat to keep the town's focus away from you. Nice work.

Flip flopping on omg's lynch doesn't really help you as it seems that most agree near end game omg will be a liability.

I have been much more quiet because i am still learning how to play mafia, Yesterday when i said a simple and IMO innocent comment it drew massive heat, so for now i am going to observe and keep my thoughts quiet untill i can see a real benefit of me saying them

Here are my thoughts so far

-Kestegs is a bit odd, not so much scummy but just being very elusive in his awnsers like a polititian.
-martin long is being very erratic and suspicious, he is #1 on my scum list
-Moar comes across OK but he and martin keep launching new attacks that have no real backing alot of the time, no trust here
-OMG has to go, i have said why

So you start catching heat and then you decide to lay low? Seems pretty interesting to me....

I think the "window" for a successful vote2 without mafia votes never existed, even if there was a day start.

Hopefully some use comes out of this vote2 mechanic other then getting additional town players lynched as that seems like the only thing it can possibly do, unless mafia would be reluctant to stand out from the crowd by not laying down a vote2 on their buddies.

http://www.purediablo.com/forums/sh...rasier-Theme&p=8386210&highlight=#post8386210

That's the main one, pointing out your desperate case to get me lynched.

As others have mentioned, not really sure how this is a question. Seems like you were trying to get him to respond or attack back and it didn't work out.

Alright, I'm willing to go along with this.

Vote 1: MartinLong

Great, I'm glad we have someone that is just going to go with the flow. No insight, no reasoning, nothing?

Also, this distraction of going for a lurker at this point seems rediculous, are lurkers dangerous, yes definately. However there are much better options at this time and someone with a strong scum vibe should be considered above lynching a random lurker. Also this distraction onto nulio concerns me as well, it seems like he has a restriction, but of course we can't be sure, but its not really a basis for us to lynch him on as of yet although I would consider it a possibility in the future if the situation doesn't improve. Lynching him because "hes dead weight" or whatever your trying to get at doesn't make sense until we know more.

Synonymous expressions. Can't expect everyone to know them.
I take that answer to be no, then? You are very close to getting lynched ML, and if I was in your shoes and Pro-Town, I would at the very least claim, to have any chance of stopping the lynch. if you are not pro-town, then goodbye and the right decision was made.

I take that answer to be no, then? You are very close to getting lynched ML, and if I was in your shoes and Pro-Town, I would at the very least claim, to have any chance of stopping the lynch. if you are not pro-town, then goodbye and the right decision was made.

@All
Please remember who got NK'd.

That several people have jumped to you [kestegs] defence, some of them like Pancakeman, who has been a lurker this game, makes me even more certain that information-wise you [kestegs] are far and away the best lynch for today.

I don't think anyone can say that ML is a truly bad candidate for today. I just feel that he is not the best. Good points for his lynch:

- he has failed to answer Goryani's questions.
- Sathoris was killed, going after him the previous day.
- He was trying to deflect heat left and right, when under pressure.

However, where do we go from there? If he flips Scum? If he flips Town?

What interests me, Solar, is that you're wanting to lynch kestegs for information, but seem only grudgingly willing to do the same for MartinLong. Those same questions you ask about Martin's possible flips can be applied to kestegs - what happens if he flips town? What happens if he flips scum?

What makes kestegs a better choice over MartinLong? Do you believe kestegs is more likely to flip scum than MartinLong? If so, do you think it is worth splitting our votes and possibly causing a mislynch over?

Not to mention that 'information lynching' is a favourite tactic employed by mafia to justify the lynching of townies.

Pyrotechnician said:
Also this distraction onto nulio concerns me as well, it seems like he has a restriction, but of course we can't be sure, but its not really a basis for us to lynch him on as of yet although I would consider it a possibility in the future if the situation doesn't improve. Lynching him because "hes dead weight" or whatever your trying to get at doesn't make sense until we know more.

He is dead weight until he proves that he can vote. No votes means he drives up the required number of votes to lynch while not contributing any votes himself. That's the definition of dead weight.

Once he proves that he can vote, I'll be willing to let him be. Until then, I consider him a perfect example of someone we should be using Vote 2 on.

Right. Let's say I make a role-claim of a power role and it's believed, I am saved from a lynch one day, but that night I get NK'd b/c the mafia would think I am a power role. Let's say I role-claim a vanilla role and it's believed, I am saved from day one, someone else gets NK'd that was involved in the disputes with me - the blame is then shifted on me (much like Saths, from Moar above).

Smart decision Solar. Role claiming shouldn't be necessary to be saved from a lynch, b/c for one at this point even if I was a power role, no one would believe it and the lynch would still go through. I've presented my case, many a times, it is the people left to decided what to do.

And to point it out again Moar is VERY confident somehow that I am scum, tomorrow when I flip town, take him up on his offer and give him the next lynch.

Cheers,

6 hours to go. Votes updated.

Synonymous expressions. Can't expect everyone to know them.

I dont consider saying *hand in my badge* synonymous with *throwing in the towel* or *just giving up*, it sounds like a subtle claim of a investigative role to me. Well not that subtle. Seems like a last ditch effort to get people to not vote you.

I dont consider saying *hand in my badge* synonymous with *throwing in the towel* or *just giving up*, it sounds like a subtle claim of a investigative role to me. Well not that subtle. Seems like a last ditch effort to get people to not vote you.

As much as I want Martin to be lynched, I have to point this out. Please check who got NK'd. Don't think he'd meant to claim cop with his saying.

Time is running out and I might not be around until day's end. I will admit I prefer Mal, but I want to make sure we get a lynch after the SPF game and it's missed lynches. And besides, we absolutely cannot afford to miss a lynch with two townies already down. Martin has come out swinging and Moar was up for the fight, but in the end Martin does seem to be the scummier of the two, definitely. Moar's willingness to stake her life on Martin being scum is pretty convincing. Tomorrow we will have our work cut out for us, but for now I am happy with getting rid of a pretty good bet for scum.

Could care less about your considerations to be honest. A last ditch effort would be to say: I'm a protown role/alignment-cop, I investigated blank on N1 and it turned up blank. Then it would turn into a "he's bluffing to survive" and no votes would change.

Yes, a last ditch effort on the chopping block would reaaaaallly make a difference *rollseyes* I'm a master of the human mind.

What interests me, Solar, is that you're wanting to lynch kestegs for information, but seem only grudgingly willing to do the same for MartinLong. Those same questions you ask about Martin's possible flips can be applied to kestegs - what happens if he flips town? What happens if he flips scum?

If kestegs flips Scum, we can look at his several defenders as high suspects. If he is Town, we are more or less back to square one.

What makes kestegs a better choice over MartinLong? Do you believe kestegs is more likely to flip scum than MartinLong? If so, do you think it is worth splitting our votes and possibly causing a mislynch over?

Not to mention that 'information lynching' is a favourite tactic employed by mafia to justify the lynching of townies.

I do place kegs higher than ML on my scum-list. Splitting votes? No chance of that happening, is there?

Too many people were very eager to jump on the ML bandwagon while ignoring kestegs or Malevolent or even Noodle. It makes me wonder what their agenda is. Lurkers, like Uraj and Frozzzen, were coming out of the woodwork to pile on the votes as well.

All of this is not to say that ML has no chance of being scum however.

He is dead weight until he proves that he can vote. No votes means he drives up the required number of votes to lynch while not contributing any votes himself. That's the definition of dead weight.

Once he proves that he can vote, I'll be willing to let him be. Until then, I consider him a perfect example of someone we should be using Vote 2 on.

I do not know if you are not paying much attention or took it as a joke but it seems very much like nulio can vote, as illustrated in post # 21

Alright, I'm willing to go along with this.

Strange that you quoted that post specifically. Are you setting up a lynch that you can try justify tomorrow, if ML flips town? Or do you already know how ML will flip...

This.

Uraj's post to me looks like an opportunistic mafioso voting for one townie and setting up a second one for a fall. A good catch by Solar, if true and plausible even if it isn't. I consider this to be good scumhunting. :nod:

I like a kestegs vote better, but MartinLong looks a better test, for more than one reason. There should be a few leads that can be followed up when the dust settles.

Noodle's Vote 2, a few posts ago, doesn't count, spacing is wrong. My Vote 2 is under partial protest, I still suspect a sting operation but whatever.

Not much more from me before day end, I have No.2 son visiting for take away and a bull session :yes:

Stupid, stupid finickity voting rules are stupid, stupid. And finickity.

Vote 2: omgwtfbbqpwned

^I forgot he made a vote early on. I was the one who asked him to prove he can vote, too. (I'll admit, I haven't reread very much at all, yet)

I'm not sure how voting on a day when votes aren't counted shows he can vote Solar.

I do not know if you are not paying much attention or took it as a joke but it seems very much like nulio can vote, as illustrated in post # 21

Until I see his name listed as voting in an official vote count from the moderator, I'm going to assume he can't vote, therefore, dead weight.

Until I see his name listed as voting in an official vote count from the moderator, I'm going to assume he can't vote, therefore, dead weight.

I think the fact that he CAN vote and choose not to is worse than just 'dead weight'. Coming from someone who had possibily the most handicapped role (SP), I don't think he is clean, I think he is hiding behind a fake restriction. Guess what happens when I bring that to light? I get blamed for trying to go with an easy target!

Game end is soon eh? Should be fun time, to the townies - good luck, as you'll need it.
Final thoughts: As hard a Moar tries to push that I'm scum, you'll later see that he's wrong, but I don't think that he's scum - just very misguide. More attention should be payed to Kegs and Laarz. Lastly, I feel it would be a waste of time to pin down Mal as scum.

*Checks my watch*

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High