Mafia Game: Cheers/Frasier Theme

And let me add something else here, possibly controversial.

If kestegs is innocent, and it is an if, I would place Goryani on my scum list. Granted it is only day 2 but something bothers me about him already, and I can not quite put my finger on what that is. His playstyle is already somewhat similar to last game when we were scum buddies. He has asked a few questions, though not necessarily very helpful ones. His entrapment of ML on just the OMG numbers, perhaps, is one, his lack of Town questions he usually asks is another. His sudden change of vote to ML from kestegs, when the train was firmly on ML is yet another. It is not enough for me to make a case at this stage, but it is something very much to keep in mind.

MartinLong's flip should at least give us a bit of info to work with. If he is the cop, we are at a severe disadvantage now, possibly to the point of being crippled.

This is a very valid theory, and one that I have thought about actually. I have had a bad feeling about Gory all game, but not sure if it's just me being overly suspicious as he was scum in the last 2 games (mini game included)

I also have been feeling like you (solar) may just be a misguided townie, but I'll have to wait for the ML flip to be sure how I feel.

And yes I know that reeks of LAMIST, so deal with it.

Right. Don't voice your opinion and lurk - that's how you don't get lynched.

Gory was in the back of my mind for these exact reasons, hope to see something coming from it. He has nit picked quite irrelevant pieces of my posts to make me look like scum (numbers thing, which, had a perfect explanation)

No, I don't see that. Over these last three games, I have noted that mafia play very well together at pushing the town to secure lynches while keeping low and the town is so quick to be at other peoples throats they lynch their own team. Actually, that is stage by stage the SP game.

You seeing my game as scummy is a bad foreshadow for your end game. No one has been as open to posting and commenting on my previous statements, that gets me in the radar, while all scum is off the radar laughing. It's clear that you don't know what scum play style is.

Rofl. This is the first time I am town and went scumhunting. It's fun! I'll get lynched tomorrow due to it, but it was worth it. Oh, and I can play scum and survive to the end. ;)

Sorry all for spamming. I am boared, had 2 glasses of wine and will refrain from posting more than twice an hour now.

Right. Let's say I make a role-claim of a power role and it's believed, I am saved from a lynch one day, but that night I get NK'd b/c the mafia would think I am a power role. Let's say I role-claim a vanilla role and it's believed, I am saved from day one, someone else gets NK'd that was involved in the disputes with me - the blame is then shifted on me (much like Saths, from Moar above).

Smart decision Solar. Role claiming shouldn't be necessary to be saved from a lynch, b/c for one at this point even if I was a power role, no one would believe it and the lynch would still go through. I've presented my case, many a times, it is the people left to decided what to do.

Horrible logic. Cases assuming you are town:

Don't claim: Town gets nothing until end of day reveals. I would say this is worst case senario
Claim non-investigate, lynched anyways: Pretty much same as base case above, unless you have some small extra tidbit that would not get posted in the lynch info.
Claim non-investigate, not lynched: Likely means you have a non-VT role. Mafia has to waste a night killing you, assuming you don't get protected. Or you get lynched the next day. Back to the case above.
Claim investigate, lynched: You give us info on at least one person. How is that a waste?
Claim investigate, not lynched: mafia wastes a night killing you instead of getting you as a lynch. And even that assumes you don't get protected to investigate again!

Not claiming is the very worst case if you are town, it can only be improved by claiming as far as I can see.

Did not quote, but you have since claimed. An investigative role, with an innocent result. You thought it a good idea to take that info with you to the grave? Also you did not give a name to go with the claim that I saw - any special reason you would leave out info people could use to believe your claim? Do you actually want people to believe you?

Horrible logic. Cases assuming you are town:

Don't claim: Town gets nothing until end of day reveals. I would say this is worst case senario
Claim non-investigate, lynched anyways: Pretty much same as base case above, unless you have some small extra tidbit that would not get posted in the lynch info.
Claim non-investigate, not lynched: Likely means you have a non-VT role. Mafia has to waste a night killing you, assuming you don't get protected. Or you get lynched the next day. Back to the case above.
Claim investigate, lynched: You give us info on at least one person. How is that a waste?
Claim investigate, not lynched: mafia wastes a night killing you instead of getting you as a lynch. And even that assumes you don't get protected to investigate again!
The scenario's are quite irrelevant, as the votes would and did not change. I have left many many responses to Mal being innocent on D2, but it doesn't matter b/c all focus was on me.

Not claiming is the very worst case if you are town, it can only be improved by claiming as far as I can see.
Again, the claim is worth moot b/c the votes would never change. The lynch is and always has been locked since the debate of me and moar - no minds were going to changed and b/c of the huge wagon of votes on me, a claim would lead to being a lie. You'll only know the truth at day end.

Did not quote, but you have since claimed. An investigative role, with an innocent result. You thought it a good idea to take that info with you to the grave? Also you did not give a name to go with the claim that I saw - any special reason you would leave out info people could use to believe your claim? Do you actually want people to believe you?
I don't have to go out and say I investigated Mal and it turned up innocent, many clues were left that when I was killed or lynched, you would notice. I don't understand your next comment...no name to go along with it? I an Eddie, it has been stated. I don't get names from investigations. Quite frankly, no one would ever believe me as stated many times. But I don't see how not giving a name I don't have would change that.

I'm locked in, you'll believe me later.

Ok, I was wrong, I went and checked you did give Eddie. You never know if a townie could actually use that info.

You could have claimed earlier, before things became irreversible, and it may have changed things. And look at the South Park game: there was a mechanic to stop lynches: if you convinced the right person it could still make a difference after you were locked. It also may not have, so lets ignore that for now, and assume you are who you say.

So you get lynched and flip as cop, but we don't know for sure who you investigated. You seemed to think Mal was innocent, but without you actually saying something, we don't know for sure - from what I remember you posting you also talked a lot about how you thought kegs was innocent. Or maybe we would think you investigated nulio and got a guilty result, because that is where your vote is. Without the claim, we can't be sure.

But the votes wouldn't change, so it would be irrelevant.

I can say this right now, I'm eddie - a alignment cop, searched Mal and he was town. The votes will not change, my statement will be called into question, and due to town incompetence, another townie will be lynched. Your only cops dead, left with little options for other power roles. What this would bring, if true, is that the people trying to get on the Mal lynch train are quite possibly scum, trying to lynch the weakest (re: newest) player, for an easy town kill.

Whose to say what true and what's a lie?

Ok, I was wrong, I went and checked you did give Eddie. You never know if a townie could actually use that info.

You could have claimed earlier, before things became irreversible, and it may have changed things. And look at the South Park game: there was a mechanic to stop lynches: if you convinced the right person it could still make a difference after you were locked. It also may not have, so lets ignore that for now, and assume you are who you say.

So you get lynched and flip as cop, but we don't know for sure who you investigated. You seemed to think Mal was innocent, but without you actually saying something, we don't know for sure - from what I remember you posting you also talked a lot about how you thought kegs was innocent. Or maybe we would think you investigated nulio and got a guilty result, because that is where your vote is. Without the claim, we can't be sure.

He did give his investigation result.

Gwaihir said:
True, but he had made a post earlier saying there was not much purpose to him claiming, which I very strongly disagree with.

That really if strange that he said that. I've still got my money on him flipping scum. You really can't trust anything people say after they've been locked until they flip.

Gwaihir, you're just being sympathetic probably b/c you weren't soled on me being lynched in the first place. You are the one vote that may have changed, that is still a lock. Next everyone else comes in says I'm a liar. Done and done, no votes changed.

I am quite confident in that analysis, you can see it in the posts made against me.

True, but he had made a post earlier saying there was not much purpose to him claiming, which I very strongly disagree with.

I very much agree with you. Had he claimed before he was locked, then I would have unvoted him for more discussion. Doesn't mean that scum could have hammered him though. But claiming after lock? Why? He probably knew at 10 votes that he had to get going NOW. And that doesn't mean either that I don't think he's scum. I do. But discussion is what this game lives off.

I'll say it again. I don't believe in this last ditch effort (petty effort at that) to try to survive. If my explanations did not change your views, then so be it as those were all my posts where you got your tell on me. If all town is against one person, who would you think is right? The town? or the guy they are voting for? The town, b/c the lynched guy is most likely lieing to get out of a lynch.

Discussion got me in the radar in the first place and on the chopping block, so more would get me off? Meanwhile the scum are the ones not entering into big debates, you know, not being in the spot light.

MartinLong said:
I'll say it again. I don't believe in this last ditch effort (petty effort at that) to try to survive. If my explanations did not change your views, then so be it as those were all my posts where you got your tell on me. If all town is against one person, who would you think is right? The town? or the guy they are voting for? The town, b/c the lynched guy is most likely lieing to get out of a lynch.

That's just bad logic. I would at least give it time for discussion before lynching you if you claimed cop. You hurt the town way more by just giving up. If you are just a VT, then I could see that logic making sense though.

Gwaihir, you're just being sympathetic probably b/c you weren't soled on me being lynched in the first place. You are the one vote that may have changed, that is still a lock. Next everyone else comes in says I'm a liar. Done and done, no votes changed.

I am quite confident in that analysis, you can see it in the posts made against me.

Hmm, I hope you are not taking this personally. I don't think that "everyone else comes in says I'm a liar" is true. Without a cop investigation saying someone is scum, on the first day all we have are little things people say that don't feel right. And we lynch based off that. You had several things that just didn't feel right, and you became the most suspicious. As seen in all mafia games, a lot of the time we are wrong and we lynch a townie.

That being said, I think claiming is a very important and valuable tool even if it doesn't stop your lynch. I think it makes you look more scummy for not claiming earlier, especially as you had information. I think claiming to keep yourself alive as a power role is a good idea, it is way better to make the mafia have to kill you off, and what is the harm in claiming if you die at the end of the day anyways? But most importantly town needs information, and withholding that information is the scummiest thing you can do when being lynched.

How convenient you chose to investigate Mal, one of the other lynch suspects today. Why would you investigate such a new player on night 1? my guess is because you are scum, hoping we will switch our votes to Mal, who must not be on your team (therefore, not scum) and probably make you look correct.
Your last sentence is incredibly scummy.

This whole day phase you have reacted exactly how a caught mafia does.

Unvote 1: Malovent
Vote 1: MartinLong

My phone only was refreshed to post 386. So the past sentence in that post is what I was referring to. And would explain ky vote if it wasn't needed.

My earlier post problem "ky gore " was supposed to be "my vote".

We need some more vote 2s, 75% isn't going to get any easier.

How convenient you chose to investigate Mal, one of the other lynch suspects today. Why would you investigate such a new player on night 1? my guess is because you are scum, hoping we will switch our votes to Mal, who must not be on your team (therefore, not scum) and probably make you look correct.
Your last sentence is incredibly scummy.

This whole day phase you have reacted exactly how a caught mafia does.

Unvote 1: Malovent
Vote 1: MartinLong
Oh Hi mafia dude, jumping on the wagon after I've been locked :) Great attempt to try to coast through.

See Gwair @ town, in my opinion, scum tells aren't from the one's who stay in the spotlight and willingly answer all questions and voice their opinions that are different. It's the players who try to go with the flow and stay off the radar. My actions this game, shows that I was the exact opposite of that. The difference of opinion w/ OMG vote, bringing up nuilio instead of Mal or Kegs.

Well Finally caught up after sleeping

1- Martin-Wether you are a scum cop or town cop i dont know, but i do have to give my thankls for showing your investigation result before you died, saves them from lynching me tommorow and having another town die.
2- Moar- While you did say lynch you tommorow if he is town i am not sure this is the best possibility. We wil see how many of the more lurky types are to jump onto a moar lynch, it does seem like a free and justifiable lynch for the mafia IF you arent scum, is that a risk the town is willing to take? Because IMO kestegs is still a prime target.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High