Mafia Game: Cheers/Frasier Theme

I am goig to start my votes here. I don't trust enough people would vote gory for vote 2. And for the love of god we need to get rid of omg. The mafia sure aren't going to do it.

Vote 1: Goryani

Vote 2: omgwtfbbqpwned

Additionally, I'd like to hear from the seven people who decided to not cast a Vote 2 on omgwtfbbqpwned. These people include:
Goryani
Malevolent
frozzzen
nulio
flubbucket
coju
Uraj

Why did each of you decide that a lynch on a claimed non-town player should not happen? A couple of you have stated your reasoning in the past. I would consider it a personal favour if you would please state that reason again, for posterity.

I decided that since omg's scum-hunting was equal or greater than some people that I would let him live a day. I thought that Moar's absolutely sure was the result of having information on Martin's alignment, though it looks at best to just have been some gut feeling. Though with two more town having died and no mafia caught, I'm willing to vote him out today.

If you're interested who I thought of versus omg's scum-hunting:
Gwaihir, Jcakes, coju, nulio, Noodle, Loz, pancaneman, frozzzen, there might be a few more I'm missing. I'm probably guilty of that to a degree as well.

I'll add reasons why in a future post.

Hmm.. Martin is claiming a guilty result on Goryani, should we go with vote1 or vote2 for him? I expect since Eddy was mentioned in last night's story that Martin is who he said he is.

You know, I wouldn't be too surprised that omg is SK, given we are receiving 2 deaths/night so far and he would come us as neutral under investigation, as he would as a survivor. He probably knew that people would try to vote 2 him, but knowing that people can barely get together to decide on one lynch for the day would make it not AS risky of a move for him.

@Gory, I don't see how Solar is accusing you there, unless there is more to it that you didn't quote. Yes, he expected more from you, which is why he turned to thinking you're scum, but I don't think that what he said there is blame for our potential loss at all.
Care to explain how both you and Solar can be scum this game but want each other dead? If you have no doubt about his alignment then you should place a vote, too.

vote 2: omgwtfbbqpwned

CG, have you ever seen a stump listed as not alive in a game before?

I see him listed as alive in the players list (if you physically count, there are 24 names). It's just the total count that is off. Which suggests to me that someone who is presently capable of posting in the thread (i.e., 'alive'), does not count towards lynch numbers, which is what defines a treestump.

Usually they have to claim though, in bright big bold letters, so the entire town knows what they're claiming. Different mods, different styles.

In any case, I still ask that nulio attempt to vote for someone.

Additionally, I'd like to hear from the seven people who decided to not cast a Vote 2 on omgwtfbbqpwned. These people include:
Goryani
Malevolent
frozzzen
nulio
flubbucket
coju
Uraj

Why did each of you decide that a lynch on a claimed non-town player should not happen? A couple of you have stated your reasoning in the past. I would consider it a personal favour if you would please state that reason again, for posterity.

I believe that OMG could be an asset to the town, if he is active in the game. I see no reason for o.w.b.p. (omgwt...) being able to post helpful posts. If o.w.b.p. posts drivel, then vote2 o.w.b.p. Just because owbp came out and claimed, doesn't mean it wouldn't work. Someone already stated that owbp did that last game, and is doing it this game.

The Vote 2 was stated (although I know it can be used for anything) as being a way to get rid of players not participating. A way to get rid of lurkers, right? A rid to get rid of people the town wastes 3 days on lynching the lurkers. This is supposed to be a light-hearted game. Let omgwtfbbqpwnd's crazyness work for once. Why not? I personally enjoy the flavor he brings to the game.

I cannot. I did look up roles though and governor was found on mafia scum. Ability is able to stop a lynch, I can only assume that this power role is in the game as I have no other ideas.

Also, the investigation on Goryani turned up foe.
Enough for me.
I'm thinking something a little less superstitious, such as a Treestump. AKA, the guy who won't/can't vote.
Curious why you would think this. And, with the question already mentioned: Have you seen an invisible stump in a game before? Guess I could be like "phantom limbs" that some people feel... (OT: Duma Key by Stephen King has a guy that has Phantom Limbs.)

I think you need to expand on this. How is he going to help the town today?

You appear to be on my case, what's up? If I didn't explain my reasoning about this post
That was supposed to be an UV 1: kegs V 1: ML, but in my order-set-brain, 2 had to come next. Looks like it doesn't matter anyways, and with the 'mafia coming in voting ml after a lock' vote, i'm still unneeded. But, an OMG vote 2? Eh. I don't agree with the people who've voted for him.
I was saying that in my mind 2 comes after 1, that's why I vote 2'd martinlong. I wasn't even quoting you in that post.

As explained above, because of an investigation result from a story-consistent investigator.

Vote 2: omgwtfbbqpwned

uraj, the goryani vote doesnt count there because it is not at the bottom

vote rules are so complicated!

Okay, this is not going well. We need to get on top of this, and we need to do it fast. I agree with Cal, I think first priority should be sorting out the missed lynching of omg. That should start with some answers. I understand there were reservations, but we had a chance for two lynches and instead we got none.
Secondly, we need to find out how ML avoided that lynch, and whether he did it or someone did it for him. mafiascum says Jailkeeper can block any form of kill, but our Jailkeeper (Fred) didn't seem very sympathetic to ML, so I can't see why he would protect him. So if anyone knows any role that can explain this?
I think we also need to examine those that were attacking kesty so vigorously, too. Not necessarily those who were suspicious, but those that were sure.
Finally, there is what ML said about the postman theory being wrong. Do we take this to mean the postman is that second possibility, the sending a message and getting one back thing? Furthermore, it means we have a second kill, and there are few things that can do that, and do it consistently. I think we need to strongly consider the possibility of a SK. It does seem a bit strange that this SK, if there is one, has nailed two townies in two night, possibly even two power roles, but it is always possible that that is pure luck or that this game is full of power roles.

If I had to guess at the identity of an SK now, without any real discussion on it, I'd have to point at omg. His purely neutral story is a nice distraction, causing us all to argue over whether he should be lynched or not instead of whether he is telling the truth or not. Furthermore, investigation from our (now fallen) Cop would simply say neutral, which would serve to back up his story. And he knows good and well that if we didn't Vote2 lynch him at first chance we won't be able to, and we will be too focused on hunting scum to V1 lynch him, so he is relatively safe as long as he lays low. Basically, it boils down to the old "hiding in plain sight" cliche.

So, I think at this point we string up omg at all cost. Even if he isn't an SK or some similar town-killer, he is the only person we know for sure to be non-town, and with 4 down we have to lynch someone.

I expect since Eddy was mentioned in last night's story that Martin is who he said he is.

Hah! I just caught this. Eddie is being played by a guy named Martin. You could even say that Martin owns the Eddie role.

Curious why you would think this. And, with the question already mentioned: Have you seen an invisible stump in a game before? Guess I could be like "phantom limbs" that some people feel... (OT: Duma Key by Stephen King has a guy that has Phantom Limbs.)

Well, Treestump being the simplest answer and all that, it sort of makes sense why it was the first thing to come to mind. And he's not invisible. As I pointed out once already - all 22 names of the currently living players are accounted for. (I was off earlier; forgot to account for the two new deaders)

(Great book, BTW, well worth the read)

Okay, this is not going well. We need to get on top of this, and we need to do it fast. I agree with Cal, I think first priority should be sorting out the missed lynching of omg. That should start with some answers. I understand there were reservations, but we had a chance for two lynches and instead we got none.
Secondly, we need to find out how ML avoided that lynch, and whether he did it or someone did it for him. mafiascum says Jailkeeper can block any form of kill, but our Jailkeeper (Fred) didn't seem very sympathetic to ML, so I can't see why he would protect him. So if anyone knows any role that can explain this?
I think we also need to examine those that were attacking kesty so vigorously, too. Not necessarily those who were suspicious, but those that were sure.
Finally, there is what ML said about the postman theory being wrong. Do we take this to mean the postman is that second possibility, the sending a message and getting one back thing? Furthermore, it means we have a second kill, and there are few things that can do that, and do it consistently. I think we need to strongly consider the possibility of a SK. It does seem a bit strange that this SK, if there is one, has nailed two townies in two night, possibly even two power roles, but it is always possible that that is pure luck or that this game is full of power roles.

If I had to guess at the identity of an SK now, without any real discussion on it, I'd have to point at omg. His purely neutral story is a nice distraction, causing us all to argue over whether he should be lynched or not instead of whether he is telling the truth or not. Furthermore, investigation from our (now fallen) Cop would simply say neutral, which would serve to back up his story. And he knows good and well that if we didn't Vote2 lynch him at first chance we won't be able to, and we will be too focused on hunting scum to V1 lynch him, so he is relatively safe as long as he lays low. Basically, it boils down to the old "hiding in plain sight" cliche.

So, I think at this point we string up omg at all cost. Even if he isn't an SK or some similar town-killer, he is the only person we know for sure to be non-town, and with 4 down we have to lynch someone.

This is exactly what I was thinking about OMG since this day start. What you suggest about Kestegs's attackers is another good line of thought, and this may make for a good lynch target tomorrow.

Also, maybe i read incorrectly, but I think jailkeeper is a night-action and not a day one, which is why he wouldn't have tried to defend ML.

OMG said a few times how his claim would be far too risky as an SK or something else, but that's what makes it so sweet. Maybe it's because I'm still relatively new to this, but if i knew about the survivor role, and was SK, I would have made that claim to having thought of it. Take a look at the other SK wins recently, Solar and Val (I didn't read about this one, but everyone says he had them fooled from the beginning - much like this OMG scenario could be). solar made an awkward and pretty outrageous claim that most people weren't comfortable with, and he only did it because of his claim to be Coju (iirc). He got away with it in the end because I was a noob, and he works his tush off to convince me he wasn't the SK, but Zemaj was the godfather.

I believe that OMG could be an asset to the town, if he is active in the game. I see no reason for o.w.b.p. (omgwt...) being able to post helpful posts. If o.w.b.p. posts drivel, then vote2 o.w.b.p. Just because owbp came out and claimed, doesn't mean it wouldn't work. Someone already stated that owbp did that last game, and is doing it this game.

The Vote 2 was stated (although I know it can be used for anything) as being a way to get rid of players not participating. A way to get rid of lurkers, right? A rid to get rid of people the town wastes 3 days on lynching the lurkers. This is supposed to be a light-hearted game. Let omgwtfbbqpwnd's crazyness work for once. Why not? I personally enjoy the flavor he brings to the game.
So your against lynching the only person has claimed they aren't town?

I cant decide if you and him are scum budies, or your scum and wanting to keep him around to improve your win chances. Either way he HAS to go. And i will vote2 you next.

In case you didnt notice, OMG was less than useless last game and got another townie killed because of it. Do you want that to happen again?

CG, by my count we have two people that did not cast a vote or a valid vote, nulio or flubb.

Not to belabor the point 22 names, 21 alive. I think both nulio and flubb need to vote.

CG, by my count we have two people that did not cast a vote or a valid vote, nulio or flubb.

Not to belabor the point 22 names, 21 alive. I think both nulio and flubb need to vote.

Good catch, and I agree with that statement.

Thinning the heard of scum help us keep the 75% votes. What are you trying to accomplish here?
Post 42: Vote2 used to lynch scum - thin the heard of mafia
Post: 228: Vote2 to keep the 75% - thin the heard of mafia.

You are clearly misreading what I wrote. My mistype was when I said "lynching OMG would NOT help the town" As I've explained in many other posts prior to here, that was a mistake as other posts do show that I believe OMG could be used as pro town votes early on.

There is indeed a misreading but it's not me doing it. I understood you perfectly. This "clarification" of your thoughts and your refusal to answer questions related to them is EXACTLY why I voted for you.

Mafia is a game of numbers, so look at the numbers. In a game this size, the expected number of mafia is 7-8. On d0, that's the best guess. What did you say about the game on d0? "Post 42: Vote2 used to lynch scum - thin the heard of mafia" By my count, town is about 2-3 votes short. I'm not sure why you expect mafia to vote for themselves.

After N1, there is no significant change to the 7-8 mafia count theory. A potential SK lowers the mafia count some but multiple non-vanilla found on N1 indicate a higher than normal power role count, which increases the mafia count some. Since you claim to also be a cop, you should be aware of that issue. End result? "Post: 228: Vote2 to keep the 75% - thin the heard of mafia." By my count, town is still 2-3 votes short. Again, I'm not sure why you expect mafia to vote for themselves.

On multiple days you give a strong opinion of how many mafia you think are in the game. That opinion strays from what is expected. You appear to use numbers as justification for your words, but those numbers don't add up. I was curious, so I asked you to explain. You didn't. You couldn't have avoided the pertinent question more without faking a stroke. First you blamed it on "miswording" which wasn't. Then you blamed it on "misreading" which wasn't.

Now that everyone knows your evasion was neither miswording nor misreading, would you care to answer the questions? How many mafia do you think are in the game? How do you expect town to reach the required number of vote2 votes and each day thus far without mafia help? How do you expect to get mafia to vote for each other? Explain, in detail, how a vote 2 lynch can be used to thin the herd of mafia scum.

How long could the town hold a 75% vote? How easy do you think it's going to be to get the mafia to control your vote2 and get you to lynch a townie? As of now, you don't have many real suspects at all (through my analysis).
Ah yes, the "we have to use it or lose it" argument. Guess what, we never had it to begin with. Mafia control the vote 2 vote until "enough" mafia are lynched or night killed. How many is enough?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High