Mafia Game: Cheers/Frasier Theme

I have a hard time believing any D1 claim. Why wouldn't you wait a day or two until things have settled down a bit?

See Q&A #1. Gets my issues out of the way, and I don't interfere with D2+ discussions. I don't want to be sparking controversy when other things need to be resolved.

You are just screaming godfather right here.

Not sure if serious. See Q&A #4. There is no greater conspiracy. There hasn't been one GF in the history of diii.net mafia games that has outed himself D1. Secondly, even if GFs can avoid detection, they show up as PRO TOWN, not NEUTRAL.

He still really wants to get investigated, even after claiming he is saving our power roles wasted actions, so I still think there's something going on there.

Agreed. If he had any good intentions for the town, he wouldn't be trying to get us to waste an investigation.

LOLWUT. I just outed my role and my alignment. I never asked for an investigation. To reiterate the sentence you two quoted, here's what I said: "If the cop is internally conflicted to the extent where he has to test if someone roleclaiming D1 is who he says he is, then he is an idiot". There's no greater conspiracy, I'm not hiding anything, blah blah blah. If I wanted to waste an investigation, I would troll. As usual.

For the moment, I will assume you are telling the truth about being a neutral survivor with no surprises. With that assumption: How can we be sure you are still supporting the town (acting like a VT) on any given day? How can we distinguish an accident ("sorry, I really thought he was scum") from subterfuge ("those rubes!"). Would you openly, and more important, honestly declare your flipping intentions? If you flipped to supporting mafia, would you name names? Would you name names before flipping to support mafia?

You have my word I will be supporting the town until these two conditions are met:

1) The entire mafia team reveals themselves, and;
2) They have vote majority including me.

Basically, when I flip, you will damn well know I'm flipping.

I have no reason to aid mafia otherwise. Same goes towards a neutral.

And on topic:

>> I see I'm getting a majority of Vote 2's. Although I implore the town (and mafia) to reconsider, it's ultimately in your hands. With two PRs down, including the cop, mayhaps you should consider that I am a VT until I flip, and like I said earlier, I do carry the power of vote with me.

>> I am familiar with Noodle's description of a Postman. I believe that is the standard. MartinLong's version I believe revolves around SC2's custom map Mafia, which has dynamics very different to forum-based Mafia.

>> We have no idea whether Sathoris chose to kill BA or not. We won't find out until tomorrow (perhaps).

>> If there exists another NK-capable role besides mafia, you should really consider what an extra VT can bring to the table. ;)

>> Once again, I will answer any questions you have directed towards my role or alignment, but you should note that it does take away from scumhunting discussion, which should be the focus at this point. You guys have my role, you have an idea how I intend to play, and you are fully aware of my motives.

My 2 cents:

Noodle: He is suspicious off the bat. Just because there is a Vote 2 mechanism doesn't mean he should be actively striving to avoid it; heck, a lot of players aren't. frozzzen has been super quiet; nulio has been irrelevant (even more so than me); Moar has contributed nonsense; thefranklin has also been inactive; plenty of others as well. I don't know if it's because "Noodle" has been stereotyped as the poster child of "inactive lurking", but like mentioned earlier, he was also quite the active poster when he was assigned a mafia role.

Coju: Irrelevant (?) vote on kestegs. I'm unsure if the lack of an explanation is part of a restriction, or if he knows something we just don't know and he's unwilling to reveal so.

You are just screaming godfather right here.

Sorry if someone else said that, trying to catch up before day end.

Oops, forgot to post after this one in my last post.

I guess I was thinking he might return no investigation results, didn't think about the fact that he would return a pro town result as a godfather.

He still really wants to get investigated, even after claiming he is saving our power roles wasted actions, so I still think there's something going on there.

Agreed. If he had any good intentions for the town, he wouldn't be trying to get us to waste an investigation.
I know I quoted Noodle there.

Just get an overall bad feeling from kestegs when reading his posts throughout the day.
Looked like he was trying to get a wasted investigation on omg, as did a couple other people iirc. I never saw that omg was wanting anybody to investigate him. Just sort of let him slide throughout the game.

Vote 1: kestegs
I agree.

Vote 1: kestegs

LOL - Thyiad, nice work making Cliff the postman - very fitting.

A postman role is seldom used, but pretty cool. A postman is basically a vanilla townie, but when he dies, he goes postal, and takes someone out with him. Unless Bad Ash was chosen randomly, I assume Sathoris chose to investigate Bad Ash, and had the bad luck to be closest when the kill happened.

I think you have that backwards. Shouldn't Bad Ash be the one investigating?

Nope, just cognizant that the "Vote2" mechanism makes my usual strategy unacceptably risky.

Are you worried that enough townies think you scummy enough to start vote2'ing you?

>> Once again, I will answer any questions you have directed towards my role or alignment, but you should note that it does take away from scumhunting discussion, which should be the focus at this point. You guys have my role, you have an idea how I intend to play, and you are fully aware of my motives.

Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Until you scumhunt, our only interactions with you are to ask questions.

omgwtfbbqpwned said:
Q&A#4. There is no greater conspiracy. But if the cop wants to try me on, GO FOR IT. Like I've already said, with a game size this big, I can try to coast by for ~15 turns, but chances are I'll get lynched or NKed much earlier (especially with 2 damn possible lynches a day), and a confession at that point isn't going to met with welcomed hands. I could have played as an important PR and breadcrumbed not-so-subtle hints every now and then to get the doc on me at night, but that would also garner attention from investigative roles and mafia alike. Here's an idea: just imagine yourself try staying alive in a game this size with a max lynch of 2 per day, and get back to me if you would still try to play as a super neutral super hidden character that just tries to coast through until the very end.

This is what made me think he wanted an investigation.

Looking at it in context he was responding to Martin Long saying we might should investigate him though, so maybe I took it out of context.

Vote 2: omgwtfbbqpwned

Omg does worry me terribly. I can understand his motives completely, but if we got even close to losing the game then he could easily hammer us, It would probably be better to keep him for a round or 2 to get the extra vote but if we leave it too late then we might not be able to get rid of him with vote 2, better to be safe than sorry IMO.

OMG you have been brave and honest in claiming so early and I respect you not misleading the town.

However with the vote2 mechanic and how you played last game. I don't trust you, your not town. And you have to die.

I do feel bad for you, but I'm in this to win, not to be nice.

The chicken came first.

Also, I'm not sure why you guys are still so anal in your focus towards my role at end game. Your cop is dead. Whether the role-reveal upon death is a by product of Sathoris' ability or game mechanic is still up in the air. Whether there is a secondary NKer on the loose is up the air. I obviously won't hammer town until every member of the mafia speaks up and asks me to join their side with majority. In return, I offer my sagely pro-town opinion and my pro-town vote. Stop beating my dead horse. :p

And Goryani, I already gave you my opinion thus far: as of the few posts since D2 started, I only find Noodle suspicious.

omg, you say you did this, the reveal, so we all could just move on and hopefully let you live to meet your wincon. I not sure what to think about this but I know one thing and that is I dont trust you, I dont trust your play, I dont even trust that you are who you claim to be. You said you did this to help the town, I dont see how its helping when its all about you right now.

can we just vote2 omg and move on to hunt real scum.

hes a distraction and has to be lynched.

I dont trust you

Fair enough.

I dont trust your play

Again, fair enough.

I dont even trust that you are who you claim to be.

Okay. List out every possible other role I could be.

- Town Anything: There would have been no reason for me to do this. My reveal adds no value, and does more harm than benefit.
- Mafia Anything: I wouldn't throw my allies under the bus by putting myself directly under the spotlight. They would be fuming with rage.
- Neutral: There's no reason to out myself as a SK. I'm certain I could also do a much better job as a VI, and get by with a lot less text and effort.

I'm not sure what else you think I am, but I assure you, I am the role I claim to be.

You said you did this to help the town, I dont see how its helping when its all about you right now.

Don't misinterpret me. I'm doing this to achieve my wincon. If I was truly altruistic, I would have abandoned my wincon and served as NK bait. All I said was: in the process of achieving my wincon, I am willing to help the town in the process of doing so. And if you're willing to believe me, that is indeed what I plan on doing.

hes a distraction and has to be lynched.

Like I said, I'm trying not to get in the way of scumhunting. It's not my fault everyone keeps directing insignificant questions at me. To be honest, I find it quite scummy what Malevolent and Laarz are doing. By choosing me as a topic of discussion, mafia can skate around forceful partaking in scumhunting and avoid slip ups while giving a faux front of being an active poster (and thereby avoid Vote 2 by beating a dead horse over and over and over and over).

And once again Autti, only a Sith deals with absolutes. I don't HAVE to be lynched. If you really think I'm the biggest threat because of my position in a late game scenario, you're not seeing the bigger picture.

I want to first apologize for my absence, a full-day drive I was expecting turned into a three-day state of near-homelessness I was not expecting as problems with the new house compounded. However, things have smoothed out considerably, and I should have reliable Internet connectivity for the foreseeable future. With the problems we experienced last game regarding accusations about IRL issues, I wish to say the following: It is a non-issue, it has no bearing on the game, and there is no reason to discuss it anymore.

Now then, the game is afoot! It is rather late, I keep having to check omg's post above me to make sure I am not night-posting, but even my sleep-deprived brain is satisfied that I am in the clear. I hope it is correct, night-posting would sure be an embarrassing way to go out.
1: The 2nd vote. I will admit the implications of this confuse me a little, but I have only browsed the first few pages, not read them in detail. I will fix that tomorrow morning after the Tour stage. For now, I will say it looks like it could be used for both good and evil, but again I need to examine the discussion.
2: omg's "I have brass balls" D1 claim. I don't know what to make of this. On the one hand, it looks like a painfully obvious VI strategy. On the other, it looks like a painfully obvious VI strategy. That is to say, it is both ingenious and stupid if he is a VI. Right now, with several votes already, it is leaning toward ingenious if he is indeed the VI. However, I am a bit puzzled by his continued defense of himself when all he would need to win is to sit back and let the votes flood in. Not saying this is a sign of scum/town, but just that it seems to validate at least one part of his confession - the "I'm not VI" part. With that in mind, I agree that if he is neutral he needs to go, and if he is VI he still needs to go. VIs are a distraction we don't need, and they serve only to dance around during times of debate and steal away a valuable lynch. String him up early, and if he wins who gives a damn?
3: No serious scum reads for me yet, but I do have a few suspicions. I'll withhold my vote for the moment until I can see some more discussion. See what comes out in the proverbial wash.

But to make sure this isn't totally on-topic, I want to say that this story must be false because Niles wouldn't die in a closet, he would die in front of Frasier so he could beat Frasier and finally have the last word. But since it is Thy's game and because she would ban me I will allow it.

I appreciate what you are trying to do OMG, and if we didn't have a Vote 2 option I would be inclined to let you live, but as it stands I don't see any disadvantage to lynching you. I think despite your best intentions you will end up a distraction as we never know when you will turn on us.

As for the kestegs vote, he does seem a little strange. In particular his banter with Moar was puzzling to me (see post 136). It kind of felt like he was trying to trap her into looking scumming and came across very LAMIST (see post 139). That said I can definitely see both sides of the arguement and it is just a gut feeling.

I am having a little trouble with quoting at the moment so bare with me on not posting the actual quotes.

I should clarify: I am not against lynching omg, my lack of a V2 here is purely because I haven't read the rule on V2s yet or any of the discussion so I am not sure quite how they work. I am all for lynching him, but I want to make sure I haven't done anything irreversible or anything before I cast that vote. After all, if he is who he says he is we can just as easily vote him next time should a couple of good mafia candidates come along today. If he isn't and he is a SK...well, I just hope he isn't a SK. But again, that is only if we somehow get two solid bets for mafia that we all agree on, which seems unlikely.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High