Mafia Game: Cheers/Frasier Theme

I have a hard time believing any D1 claim. Why wouldn't you wait a day or two until things have settled down a bit?

The vote 2 thingy is a strange thing. It seems to be made for just this case. Getting rid of a neutral. Both the town and the mafia would want that to happen and will all vote for said person. I can't see how it would be possible to catch mafia with it unless they drop under 25% of the participants. Guess we'll have to see how that goes.

Anyway. This is prelude day and nothing will happen before the first night is over, so I don't believe anyone or anything yet.

Pyro, yes I did. I wanted to show solidarity with Thyiad as she is a mod with an AK-47. I also wanted to get in a dig at my own stupid provider.

I hope that was OK, I don't want to put anyone out!

D'oh!

What if omg is some odd VI variant who wins only if lynched via a Vote2 lynch?

That would be a virtually unwinnable condition but omg's claim seems to be exactly what you would do if you were such a VI.

Yikes, that would be harsh.

Wow, strange first day stage. Interesting Vote 2 idea. Shame I usually get scum points for lurking, I just don't talk a lot. And Noodle is the only one who gets to get by on that, and he posted instantly after his name was mentioned as a lurker.

It would take much coordination to switch someone from Vote 1 to Vote 2 because we can get 75% of the vote.

FoE: You mentioned you had a good idea of someone's role, then clammed up. Why even mention it? Just to make yourself feel good? You and Malovent seemed sneaky together in this exchange.

OMG: I understand your first post now, looking for clarification on the Vote 2 rule. But still, we have to lynch you. I would agree that you are not a high priority. Your points brought up are valid, but useless to the town. It is nice we don't have to investigate or save you because of your claim (and because you are dead, too). The bus driver thing is so-so because there are always lurkers to play with. The most helpful thing you could have done is taken a NK from the mafia or serial killer. And since you didn't do that for us...

Pyro, yes I did. I wanted to show solidarity with Thyiad as she is a mod with an AK-47. I also wanted to get in a dig at my own stupid provider.

I hope that was OK, I don't want to put anyone out!

Well fine then. I would like to place my vote as well for charging me outrageous fees! And you because since there are no votes today this is completely pointless.

Vote1: Verizon Wireless
Vote2: LozUnhinged the Hinge

Am I harming the town more as Al the Survivor or Jimmy the crippled comedian? It's all how you play the role. Once again, I just potentially saved your cop/doc a lot of trolling. A lot. Tell me it wasn't worth it for the town.
And up yours Pyro, up yours. I'm being a godlike saint right now compared to my usual mafia play. :p

That is actually funny. If you are telling the truth, you have been more townie as a neutral than you were as a town PR :p

That would be a virtually unwinnable condition but omg's claim seems to be exactly what you would do if you were such a VI.

I had actually thought of this. Another variant could be one where only a V1 lych works for them so they can't be overly scummy. In the end I have no problem removing a claimed VI by a V2 lynch, allows us to still be useful that day.

Wow, strange first day stage. Interesting Vote 2 idea. Shame I usually get scum points for lurking, I just don't talk a lot. And Noodle is the only one who gets to get by on that, and he posted instantly after his name was mentioned as a lurker.

It would take much coordination to switch someone from Vote 1 to Vote 2 because we can get 75% of the vote.

I don't think trying to switch from lynching someone with a vote 1 to lynching with a vote 2 should be attempted unless we have a ton of time. Seems more likely to end up with a no lynch because votes got split.

FoE: You mentioned you had a good idea of someone's role, then clammed up. Why even mention it? Just to make yourself feel good? You and Malovent seemed sneaky together in this exchange.

To try and prompt reactions, mainly.

Yes, it's a delicate balancing act.

I don't see the advantage to Omg of role claiming so early, but then I tend to play my cards pretty close to my chest. I'm comfortable with lynching him once the voting opens up in order to test his claim.

omgwtfbbqpwned said:
Q&A#4. There is no greater conspiracy. But if the cop wants to try me on, GO FOR IT. Like I've already said, with a game size this big, I can try to coast by for ~15 turns, but chances are I'll get lynched or NKed much earlier (especially with 2 damn possible lynches a day), and a confession at that point isn't going to met with welcomed hands. I could have played as an important PR and breadcrumbed not-so-subtle hints every now and then to get the doc on me at night, but that would also garner attention from investigative roles and mafia alike. Here's an idea: just imagine yourself try staying alive in a game this size with a max lynch of 2 per day, and get back to me if you would still try to play as a super neutral super hidden character that just tries to coast through until the very end.

You are just screaming godfather right here.

Sorry if someone else said that, trying to catch up before day end.

"Mafia godfather" that turns up "Neutral Survivor" when investigated? That's a stretch.

kegs gets a mafia point for possibly "projecting". :yes:

You could even use Vote 2 to get rid of me. But as it stands, I am neutral towards town and mafia. Like I said to frozzz, if you think I'm going to be a key factor in whether you win or lose, you should probably see how the game progresses first, especially since as it stands, all 5/6/7+ mafia are still up and running. H

One mislynch and a nightkill probably means we don't hold the initiative regarding vote 2. Scum will keep you alive because eventually we're going to get close to lylo and you siding with the mafia means they'll get their sooner. You need to go while we still can.

Maybe a confirmation from an investigation?

No, stop wasting the town's PR's. Scumpoints.

we can forget about him like your disfigured son chained up in the basement whose only sees light when you go to feed him. This gives us, one less vote to waste ... and I wouldn't really say we have an n-1 chance, b/c now the mafia also has that advantage as well - again, level playing field.

Trying to keep him alive and use him when you've got us close to lylo. More scumpoints.

omgwtfbbqpwned said:
And up yours Pyro, up yours. I'm being a godlike saint right now compared to my usual mafia play. :p

Your usual mafia play? Or your usual play as mafia?

Thyiad said:
Day ends in six hours.

And to Virgin Media, I now have a mobile internet dongle, so "up yours".

O. Guess I thought it ended 3 hours earlier.

LozHinge the Unhinged said:
D'oh!

That would suck, but either way we lynch him, VI's are bad for a game. (trust me on that one ;) )

"Mafia godfather" that turns up "Neutral Survivor" when investigated? That's a stretch.

Oops, forgot to post after this one in my last post.

I guess I was thinking he might return no investigation results, didn't think about the fact that he would return a pro town result as a godfather.

He still really wants to get investigated, even after claiming he is saving our power roles wasted actions, so I still think there's something going on there.

He still really wants to get investigated, even after claiming he is saving our power roles wasted actions, so I still think there's something going on there.

Agreed. If he had any good intentions for the town, he wouldn't be trying to get us to waste an investigation.

One mislynch and a nightkill probably means we don't hold the initiative regarding vote 2. Scum will keep you alive because eventually we're going to get close to lylo and you siding with the mafia means they'll get their sooner. You need to go while we still can.

Trying to keep him alive and use him when you've got us close to lylo. More scumpoints.

Pretty much this.

There is absolutely no way that Omg can be allowed to stay until anywhere close to the endgame. Martin Long and Malevolent are far and away top Scum suspects for me.

You are just screaming godfather right here.

Sorry if someone else said that, trying to catch up before day end.

My thoughts exactly. Don't think he would ask for an investigation unless he actually in a nuetral.

Oops, forgot to post after this one in my last post.

I guess I was thinking he might return no investigation results, didn't think about the fact that he would return a pro town result as a godfather.

I would think that if we got anything other than a neutral survivor result, he would get lynched. I think it likely he is who he claims, and is asking for an investigation to prove he has been honest so he can at least try to fulfill his win condition. Don't think that should save him from getting lynch 2 votes tomorrow though.

Coming on a little strong are we? But I guess this is your typical play style. I don't think you quite understand my point I made.

You're saying I'm scummy bc I don't want to waste a vote on a player that is useless (right now). At any time during the game, OMG should be an easy Vote 2 considering he helps no side. You play a very loose game style that votes for anyone w/o and concrete evidence and wild assumption - I'm quite the opposite.

In early game, a vote 2 can be used to our advantage to try to rid more mafia - I don't want this to turn out like the SP role where everyone bandwagons on loose evidance and kills off their own town. Maybe the investigation would be a waste, it was only a suggestion as there are many people here that still think that OMG could be lieing (he's quite good at it).

Pretty much this.

There is absolutely no way that Omg can be allowed to stay until anywhere close to the endgame. Martin Long and Malevolent are far and away top Scum suspects for me.

I wouldn't want him around either, but at game start 75% of the vote I feel should be better spent on scum than on a neutral role. If there isn't enough evidence to support two scum votes, by all means I'm down to send him to the cutting block - I just don't want a wasted vote.

This here sums up pretty much all of my thoughts concerning the day 1 events.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High