Mafia Game: Cheers/Frasier Theme

Looks like you are looking at this from a pro mafia standpoint, where I am not. Maybe Bad Ash was onto something with you.

I've been mafia the two games I played before and so I know how mafia thinks. Now I am not mafia and I will use my knowledge to the advantage for the town. I don't think anyone can have a read on anyone just yet. So I haven't got you down as mafia, but you are on my suspect list.

So I haven't got you down as mafia, but you are on my suspect list.

Why? He's making perfect,obvious sense from a town point of view. We don't want the mafia knowing our power roles. He pointed that out to Malevolent. You misinterpret his meaning, call him out for it, he tries to explain how you're wrong, and now he's scum for it?

In fact, now that I'm here... who isn't on your suspect list? 'Cause, quite frankly, everyone should be at this stage in the game. Be suspicious of everyone.

And this bothers me too...

I don't think anyone can have a read on anyone just yet.

Why not? The only people you shouldn't have some kind of read on is anyone who has not yet posted. You should have some kind of opinion on every single person who's posted so far, even if it's a "I don't know how I feel about this person yet.". Many of your reads are likely to be wrong, sure, but it's a start. That's how the game is played.

To say that you have no reads so far suggests to me that you're trying to get away with flying low and letting other people make the cases. Having played mafia your past two games, you should know quite well that scum like to let townies lynch other townies if they can.

Unless something drastic happens tonight, OMG is going to get my vote 2. It would be bad for the town to leave him around causing confusion. No need to waste investigations or anything else on him.

I got a beer for the first person to say they aren't scum!

I found the second paragraph to be oddly worded. Could you clarify who they are?

No. No I’m not. Look into the history of all mafia games played on this forum. Has anyone actually EVER done this? No one is gutsy enough to do stuff like this. And neither am I. I just really have nothing to lose – I am not going to survive the 10+ rounds this game will take. I want to win this game. I am not secretly a doc hoping that mafia won’t target me. I am not secretly a mafia goon trying to pass off innocent all game long. No one does that. No one draws attention to themselves like that. It’s too much of a gamble.

I was almost thinking that Ankeli might try this, but ya too risky as a scum gamble.

Though I don't think you're going to be able to scum hunt two more compelling cases tomorrow than just vote 2 lynching you + vote 1 someone else. I believe you provided more town benefit when it was possible you'd take a NK hit. Unless we get off to a roaring start, we're going to need mafia votes to use the vote 2 lynch. With a conservative estimate of 6 mafia and assuming one NK, even with the entire town voting, we'd still need two mafia votes to secure your lynch tomorrow.

Its probably simplest if we take you at that the earliest opportunity, since we don't know the exact mafia starting numbers. We might have better things to use for the second vote in the future but yours is probably the best for tomorrow.

Why not? The only people you shouldn't have some kind of read on is anyone who has not yet posted. You should have some kind of opinion on every single person who's posted so far, even if it's a "I don't know how I feel about this person yet.". Many of your reads are likely to be wrong, sure, but it's a start. That's how the game is played.

To say that you have no reads so far suggests to me that you're trying to get away with flying low and letting other people make the cases. Having played mafia your past two games, you should know quite well that scum like to let townies lynch other townies if they can.

Yes, exactly. That's why I am not lying low but putting myself out here. I have a shortlist, like everyone else, and those on it will be provocated and questioned the next day. Just right now, I don't think there's much to question as there hasn't been any action people could react to.

Yes, exactly. That's why I am not lying low but putting myself out here. I have a shortlist, like everyone else, and those on it will be provocated and questioned the next day. Just right now, I don't think there's much to question as there hasn't been any action people could react to.

You seem convinced that you're going to live through the night to see tomorrow. What happens if you are killed tonight? Do you plan to question people from the grave?

You seem convinced that you're going to live through the night to see tomorrow. What happens if you are killed tonight? Do you plan to question people from the grave?

Guess I go and run Pindle again then. ;)

~ How do you intend to play? ~

I will be pro-town for the initial stages of the game. I will actively scumhunt, I will try to decode any post restrictions, I will help out the town just as any VT would. I will try to the best of my ability to play as any VT would. Seriously. I will actually play as a VT. Should town seem to have the upper hand, sorry mafia, I’m siding with the town.

However, it goes without saying: if there’s ever a situation where mafia has gained a majority and an upper hand, I will side with them in a heartbeat. I will side with mafia in LYLO (and even earlier), should it ever get that way.

To malicious neutral roles (e.g. SKs) that need to basically kill everyone: I will side with you if there’s ever a 1:1 situation vs mafia, or a 2:1 situation vs town. Otherwise if mafia has 2 or town has 3 and you’re by yourself, sorry. I hope you won’t kill me out of spite so that I lose.

For the moment, I will assume you are telling the truth about being a neutral survivor with no surprises. With that assumption: How can we be sure you are still supporting the town (acting like a VT) on any given day? How can we distinguish an accident ("sorry, I really thought he was scum") from subterfuge ("those rubes!"). Would you openly, and more important, honestly declare your flipping intentions? If you flipped to supporting mafia, would you name names? Would you name names before flipping to support mafia?

I think you meant to say its hard TO like a guy saying that. What if I said, "Hey, trust me because I said so." Would that work for you?
No, I meant what I said. The idea that someone wants to convince us of his truthfulness and points out how he is never truthful, so that admission must be proof he is telling the truth this time, is ROFLMAO hilarious to me. I find it very entertaining, but then I like irony and dry humor. Also, like does not mean trust.

And to Virgin Media, I now have a mobile internet dongle, so "up yours".
I don't think that's legal in any country.

Can't we just 1- close the bar with everyone in there 2- install night vision cameras, motions detectors, dogs and put Lister in a corner 3- go to sleep 4- wake up 5- mourn the one that got killed (kestegs) 6- identify mafia guys in tape from camera (not me) 7- win!

Nice plan, but can it involve someone else please?

I've been mafia the two games I played before and so I know how mafia thinks. Now I am not mafia and I will use my knowledge to the advantage for the town. I don't think anyone can have a read on anyone just yet. So I haven't got you down as mafia, but you are on my suspect list.

See below, not much to add to it really.

Why? He's making perfect,obvious sense from a town point of view. We don't want the mafia knowing our power roles. He pointed that out to Malevolent. You misinterpret his meaning, call him out for it, he tries to explain how you're wrong, and now he's scum for it?

In fact, now that I'm here... who isn't on your suspect list? 'Cause, quite frankly, everyone should be at this stage in the game. Be suspicious of everyone.

And this bothers me too...

:nod:

So now you do have a short list of scum even though it's too early to get a read? Did you formulate that within the last 5 posts?

[highlight]Night One Start[/highlight]

TheReadMenace has withdrawn from the game.

Night lasts for 24 hours. If you have actions which require you to PM me please do so ASAP.

Day will resume in 24 hours.

[highlight]Story[/highlight]

50% of the Bar is utterly frantic, 20% of the Bar is delighted and the rest just want everyone to shut up and let them drink their beer in peace.

"Will you guys shut up, I'm trying to understand what this guys saying?", yells Sam to the Bar.

"Perhaps someone able to work something more complex than the toaster, should make the call then?", snipes Diane.

"What? So you're saying you aren't going to be able to fix this?", Sam looks like a someone stole both of his balls. "Alright, thanks. Yeah you're not as sorry as I am." and he hangs up.

Sam doesn't want to have to break the news to the Bar but as they're all staring at him, he doesn't have much choice.

"Well, they say that we aren't going to be able to get the ball game up tonight." He braces for the brickbats.

A loud chorus of "What?!", "Why?!" and a few sotto voce "Hallelujah"'s greet his announcement.

"Well, I don't like it any better than you guys but they say that it going to take four days to fix again. The problems are: they don't do the package anymore so I should probably upgrade to a more expensive one and that might fix it; that it rained recently so that might be a problem; and someone might be blow drying the cable and that is causing interference." These excuses didn't sound plausible even to Sam's technically-challenged ears but saying them outloud they sound darn-right dumb.

Cliff begins a monologue; "Actually even a 14.4k dial up connection should be constant; speed shouldn't effect continuity because ..."

"Shut up, Cliff" interupts Al. "So what are we supposed to do tonight then, Sam? We were all going to stay here and watch the game."

"Well, uh the lock-in is still on, the Bar will be staying open!"

Cheers ring through Cheers.

"Hey Sam, I have an idea." says Woody.

"Go for it Woody, what's the plan?"

"We can all play Sardines." grins Woody.

[highlight]DAY TWO START[/highlight]

Carla walks out of the closet and doesn't look back. Groaning noises are heard from the closet. Al wins his bet with Donny that they weren't happy noises when Paul staggers out of the closet, grasping important parts of his anatomy.

"We can all play Sardines," Carla mimics Woody. "I'll sardine him."

Bulldog strolls out from behind some seats. Mel is behind him straightening her clothes. "Tell ya what, for a farm boy, he's gets some great ideas!"

Sam, Rebecca and Diane are tidying up the Bar.

"Anyone seen Eddie?" asks Martin.

"Think he was trying to lap up the last of Norm's drink" offers Diane.

"Yeah, his eyesight isn't too hot." laments Martin.

Eddie runs out from behind Donny, with some of Gertrudes 'emergency food' in his mouth.

"Anyone seen Cliff and Niles?"

The murmer that no, not since last night.

"Maybe they're in the other closet."

"Why would they be in the closet?" asked Coach

"We'll explain it to you later." hurried Rebecca

"Oh they ARE in the closet." yells Daphne "But it's not good."

"Niles, what are you and Cliff doing ..." starts Frasier "Oh my. Oh no. No. Niles. NO!"

Martin pulls Frasier out of the way and both Niles and Cliff fall out of the cupboard. Dead.

"So we all ready for another day of fun?" asks Woody.

24 pairs of eyes look at him. Most suspiciously.

[highlight]Deaths[/highlight]

Sathoris is dead. He was Cliff. Pro Town. Postman
Bad Ash is dead. He was Niles. Pro Town. Cop

Last edited:
Dead cop rather sucks, nice that we get role reveals though, makes it harder for scum. 2 kills isn't terribly surprising in a game this size.

vote 2: omgwtfbbqpwned

Dead cop rather sucks, nice that we get role reveals though, makes it harder for scum. 2 kills isn't terribly surprising in a game this size.

vote 2: omgwtfbbqpwned

Gloating much, Kestegs?

Gary's Olde Town Tavern was the Cheers' rival bar. I could see a Gary character as a Godfather role. Melville's Seafood was the restaurant above the bar, but I don't remember them being as adversarial as the Olde Town Tavern.

Moar, do you have a post restriction where you have to stay in role, or are you just having fun?

This is strange. Your self-imposed metagame is to lurk. You are not doing this in this game. Why?

If anyone recalls the Till death Do Us part game, Noodle posted on-topic and early. Interesting thaty one of the major discussions early in that game was Ankeli's post restricion.

Noodle was Scum in that game. Are you Scum now as well Noodle?

Well that's crappy luck.

A quick google search didn't bring up a postman role, so unless I'm bad at google is this a new role to the experienced players? I know this probably isn't a very useful topic to discuss, but I'm curious.

Since we've lost 2 pro-towns already, vote 2 probably isn't going to work on anyone that is mafia, anyway, so i'm game for trying it on omg.

Vote 2: omgwtfbbqpwnd

LOL - Thyiad, nice work making Cliff the postman - very fitting.

A postman role is seldom used, but pretty cool. A postman is basically a vanilla townie, but when he dies, he goes postal, and takes someone out with him. Unless Bad Ash was chosen randomly, I assume Sathoris chose to investigate Bad Ash, and had the bad luck to be closest when the kill happened.

Wow, this is not a good start. Not having a cop is going to make this quite hard. It's also interesting to see such early votes going down, but vote2 seems obvious, so why not.

Well that's crappy luck.

A quick google search didn't bring up a postman role, so unless I'm bad at google is this a new role to the experienced players? I know this probably isn't a very useful topic to discuss, but I'm curious.

Since we've lost 2 pro-towns already, vote 2 probably isn't going to work on anyone that is mafia, anyway, so i'm game for trying it on omg.

I would say your google methods suck. From what I found, a postman role is able to send one message to someone a night and then have it returned. Now, from my search it came up to a very in-beta role. So there is no evidence to support what I found is the official role.

Solar Ice said:
Gloating much, Kestegs?

This is strange. Your self-imposed metagame is to lurk. You are not doing this in this game. Why?

If anyone recalls the Till death Do Us part game, Noodle posted on-topic and early. Interesting thaty one of the major discussions early in that game was Ankeli's post restricion.

Noodle was Scum in that game. Are you Scum now as well Noodle?

You're going to have to explain that gloating to me, since you seem so sure of it.

coju said:
Vote 1: kestegs

Just feeding off of solar? Did you guys plan this out last night?

Noodle said:
LOL - Thyiad, nice work making Cliff the postman - very fitting.

A postman role is seldom used, but pretty cool. A postman is basically a vanilla townie, but when he dies, he goes postal, and takes someone out with him. Unless Bad Ash was chosen randomly, I assume Sathoris chose to investigate Bad Ash, and had the bad luck to be closest when the kill happened.

MartinLong said:
Wow, this is not a good start. Not having a cop is going to make this quite hard. It's also interesting to see such early votes going down, but vote2 seems obvious, so why not.

I would say your google methods suck. From what I found, a postman role is able to send one message to someone a night and then have it returned. Now, from my search it came up to a very in-beta role. So there is no evidence to support what I found is the official role.

Two different Postman theories, interesting. It's certainly not a rule I've heard of before.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High