Mafia Game: Cheers/Frasier Theme

Wait so you are accusing me of being scum when i dont ask who somebody is, then you say that asking somebody's role is scummy, Stop trying to set me up to look bad honestly it seems that every post i make gets picked out by soembody and i get big dirty fingers pointed at me. Would you rather i just posted useless stuff or lurked instead of trying to understand the game i am playing.Because the way this is heading it seems like a much better idea to stick my head in the sand and let other people do the hard work than trying to do some myself and being accused almost instantly for not asking a question and then asking it!

It's not about not asking questions, it's about asking the right questions.
From a pro-town POV your questions so far have indeed been useless. From a scum POV - not so much. The information you would gain from the answers to those questions would most likely help scum more than town, so why would anybody who is town ask them?
The whole insulted "you are mean!" speech does not help. Rather sad that I'm not allowed to vote today.

Seriously? It was the first vote by anyone (probably only because I was the first to forget the rules for D1 lol)
I thought my reasons were sound, though, and the "We've got to start somewhere" is just one of those statements. It's their because someone is going to say something along those lines, and most likely the first person to vote. Just seemed appropriate.

1. I don't understand this one

2. This sounds reasonable, but not really applicable if not everyone has posted yet, and if you vote 1'd for someone who you thought was scummy for different reasons.

3. More like forgetfulness?

Are you really justifying yourself there? Guilty conscience hmm?

Exactly. So, we need to work hard early game to keep the 75% on town, b/c if to many wrong moves are made, yes the second vote will be lost. What I can see happening though, if town looses the 75%, but the mafia are good at persuading the town, we could end up loosing even more folk.

"We are the 75%" Lulz.

I for one won't be using the 75% vote 2 because if we get a lynch it's got help from the mafia which means we're lynching a townie. 'Super scummy' people will get lynched with vote 1 which means the vote 2 person is going to be iffy anyway. That being said, this is based on early game. If we get proof that we've got two mafia teams or if town surpass the 75% mark then we can use it, but it's always going to be a backup lynch for when we don't have complete faith in vote 1.

So without overanalyzing the vote, I'll only use it later in the game under mentioned circumstances to vote of lurkers. Especially later in the game lurkers are worth lynching anyway and getting a 75% majority will say a lot.

Also Thy, sticky this thread it's hard to find otherwise :)
I thought a stickied thread in the SPF forms the basis for cloaking technology.

Wait so you are accusing me of being scum when i dont ask who somebody is, then you say that asking somebody's role is scummy, Stop trying to set me up to look bad honestly it seems that every post i make gets picked out by soembody and i get big dirty fingers pointed at me. Would you rather i just posted useless stuff or lurked instead of trying to understand the game i am playing.Because the way this is heading it seems like a much better idea to stick my head in the sand and let other people do the hard work than trying to do some myself and being accused almost instantly for not asking a question and then asking it!
If you were Frodo Baggins in a LotR themed game, would you answer the "What's your name?" question when black riders were about? Asking for someone's character name in a highly themed mafia game is often equivalent to asking their role/powers/abilities. It's every bit as suspicious as a SK pondering a doc save on a night with no kills.

You weren't accused because you didn't ask the question (at least not directly). You were 'accused' because it looked like you wanted to know the answer to that question but thought asking directly was too suspicious. So instead, you asked indirectly: it looked like you were trying to avoid being "too suspicious."

Asking for someone's character name in a highly themed mafia game is often equivalent to asking their role/powers/abilities. It's every bit as suspicious as a SK pondering a doc save on a night with no kills.

You weren't accused because you didn't ask the question (at least not directly). You were 'accused' because it looked like you wanted to know the answer to that question but thought asking directly was too suspicious. So instead, you asked indirectly: it looked like you were trying to avoid being "too suspicious."

Going off this, are there any rolls on Cheers you would think could make up a good mafia? I am familiar w/ Frasier, but not Cheers. And Thyiad said this won't be heavily lore based, so do you think there is any real connection between the cast and the town alignment?

I know this is probably unconventional play, but here goes nothing:

I am a Survivor, Neutral, with no abilities. I’m not sure how much I can reveal before Thyiad offs me, but I’ll answer any questions to the best of my abilities.

My goal is to survive until the end of this game, and survive alongside ANY faction, whether it be town, mafia, or a malicious neutral. I will win alongside ANY SINGLE faction, and ANY SINGLE faction will also win with me as long as all other factions are dead. (Is this paraphrasing good enough Thy? You’re breaking my balls here.)

Q & A Time:

~ Why the D1 reveal? ~

Because there’s zero chance I’m going to survive however long this game lasts otherwise. Holy crap. 27 players. A possibility of two lynches per day. And well, me. No one’s gonna let me live that long, given my history in mafia games.

~ How do you intend to play? ~

I will be pro-town for the initial stages of the game. I will actively scumhunt, I will try to decode any post restrictions, I will help out the town just as any VT would. I will try to the best of my ability to play as any VT would. Seriously. I will actually play as a VT. Should town seem to have the upper hand, sorry mafia, I’m siding with the town.

However, it goes without saying: if there’s ever a situation where mafia has gained a majority and an upper hand, I will side with them in a heartbeat. I will side with mafia in LYLO (and even earlier), should it ever get that way.

To malicious neutral roles (e.g. SKs) that need to basically kill everyone: I will side with you if there’s ever a 1:1 situation vs mafia, or a 2:1 situation vs town. Otherwise if mafia has 2 or town has 3 and you’re by yourself, sorry. I hope you won’t kill me out of spite so that I lose.

~ Why shouldn’t we lynch you for the lulz? ~

Town:
Dear fellow drinkers: I just came out, Day 1, about my role. I am doing you so many favours.
> Your doc knows who to not heal. Your doc will always have a n-1 chance of successfully healing a townie, instead of me. I could have pretended to be an important town role instead and wasted his actions on me instead of someone important.
> Your cop knows who to not investigate. Seriously: if you must, go ahead and validate that I’m telling the truth. You’re just wasting an investigation on a potential mafia.
> Your bus driver can use me as protection bait. Although I must admit, I really, really, really hope you don’t.
> If there’s a vigilante, you can shoot me I suppose. OR: you save your NKs and use it during a critical moment.
> The town literally has a potential 2 lynches per day, although the second lynch really falls into the hands of mafia (i.e. if a Vote 2 actually manages to pass, you’re probably hitting a townie). You can use those lynches to take out potential mafia early on, or you can use it on me and waste your early game random lynches (when it most counts, since the loss is minimal). There are probably ~5 or more mafia, and if you don’t include me as a potential target, you have a better chance of hitting them.

Mafia:
To my drinkers with a secret agenda: While it is true I am initially going to play pro-town, please try and refrain from killing me off immediately.
> NK me? Sure. You just potentially missed out on a doc/cop/etc NK.
> Goons with special abilities know that targeting me does nothing towards your cause.
> If you ever need the number advantage when it’s cutting close, I’ll be right there beside you.

Neutrals:
To the nutjobs on the table: wanna see a magic trick? Well I’m going to make this pencil disappear.
> It’s you versus the world. Heck, you’re probably going to lose with numbers this large. Don’t lose your only (probably) potential ally.

I guess overall I still have to appeal to the town. All I have to say is: do you REALLY want to WASTE your LYNCHES on SOMEONE who’s potentially gonna ALLY with you ALL GAME? You can random lynch while you still have the numbers. Take me out, you lose one day and mafia whittles your numbers lower.

~ omg biggest conspiracy ever you are actually mafia/doc/super cereal trying to disguise himself super hard? ~

No. No I’m not. Look into the history of all mafia games played on this forum. Has anyone actually EVER done this? No one is gutsy enough to do stuff like this. And neither am I. I just really have nothing to lose – I am not going to survive the 10+ rounds this game will take. I want to win this game. I am not secretly a doc hoping that mafia won’t target me. I am not secretly a mafia goon trying to pass off innocent all game long. No one does that. No one draws attention to themselves like that. It’s too much of a gamble.

Look – I just want to live. I want to survive. I want to make it out of this game in One Piece. NK me, lynch me, investigate me, do whatever you want if you don’t believe me. For the first time ever in a mafia game, I’m 100% honest. You take any actions against me, you waste one potential turn. I know the most likely action at the moment is to Vote 2 me out of this game, but consider what I bring to the table before you do so.

TL;DR: DON'T KILL ME GIEB FREE WIN

P.S. - My earlier comment: I jsut wanted free post count. :party:

Autti said:
and hence it would be super obvious who the mafia is.

the mafia have to get on the trains to look townie.

People refusing to vote for a super scummy vote 2 would be equally scummy.

Good point, if a lynch two got close those remaining people would look scummy.

flubbucket said:
Your Opinion?! Opinions are like kestegs....worthless!! Now shut up and buy a drink and stop wasting stool space!

Same goes for you blabbermouth!! Nobody cares what you think. You want to buy shots then go ahead. You don't have to run your mouth to do it now do ya??

You got somethin' to say smart guy??

U mad bro?

Malevolent said:
so who is the cheers/fraiser character who only critisises other peopel because it looks like fubb has some sort of restriction.

If somebody with cheers/fraiser experience could shed some light?

Doesn't sound like Frasier, he is an intellectual.

Malevolent said:

You're acting like you've never played a mafia game before.

Uraj said:
I wonder if the plus one still refers to a voting lock and it just wasn't reiterated for that section. Regardless of which one, only with an investigation result would vote 2 likely be successful.

I agree with the fact that a cop reveal would be a good use for lynch 2.

omgwtfbbqpwned said:

I am a Survivor, Neutral, with no abilities. I?m not sure how much I can reveal before Thyiad offs me, but I?ll answer any questions to the best of my abilities.

My goal is to survive until the end of this game, and survive alongside ANY faction, whether it be town, mafia, or a malicious neutral. I will win alongside ANY SINGLE faction, and ANY SINGLE faction will also win with me as long as all other factions are dead. (Is this paraphrasing good enough Thy? You?re breaking my balls here.)

Q & A Time:

~ Why the D1 reveal? ~

Because there?s zero chance I?m going to survive however long this game lasts otherwise. Holy crap. 27 players. A possibility of two lynches per day. And well, me. No one?s gonna let me live that long, given my history in mafia games.

I will be pro-town for the initial stages of the game. I will actively scumhunt, I will try to decode any post restrictions, I will help out the town just as any VT would. I will try to the best of my ability to play as any VT would. Seriously. I will actually play as a VT. Should town seem to have the upper hand, sorry mafia, I?m siding with the town.

However, it goes without saying: if there?s ever a situation where mafia has gained a majority and an upper hand, I will side with them in a heartbeat. I will side with mafia in LYLO (and even earlier), should it ever get that way.

To malicious neutral roles (e.g. SKs) that need to basically kill everyone: I will side with you if there?s ever a 1:1 situation vs mafia, or a 2:1 situation vs town. Otherwise if mafia has 2 or town has 3 and you?re by yourself, sorry. I hope you won?t kill me out of spite so that I lose.

~ Why shouldn?t we lynch you for the lulz? ~

Town:
Dear fellow drinkers: I just came out, Day 1, about my role. I am doing you so many favours.
> Your doc knows who to not heal. Your doc will always have a n-1 chance of successfully healing a townie, instead of me. I could have pretended to be an important town role instead and wasted his actions on me instead of someone important.
> Your cop knows who to not investigate. Seriously: if you must, go ahead and validate that I?m telling the truth. You?re just wasting an investigation on a potential mafia.
> Your bus driver can use me as protection bait. Although I must admit, I really, really, really hope you don?t.
> If there?s a vigilante, you can shoot me I suppose. OR: you save your NKs and use it during a critical moment.
> The town literally has a potential 2 lynches per day, although the second lynch really falls into the hands of mafia (i.e. if a Vote 2 actually manages to pass, you?re probably hitting a townie). You can use those lynches to take out potential mafia early on, or you can use it on me and waste your early game random lynches (when it most counts, since the loss is minimal). There are probably ~5 or more mafia, and if you don?t include me as a potential target, you have a better chance of hitting them.

Mafia:
To my drinkers with a secret agenda: While it is true I am initially going to play pro-town, please try and refrain from killing me off immediately.
> Goons with special abilities know that targeting me does nothing towards your cause.
> If you ever need the number advantage when it?s cutting close, I?ll be right there beside you.

Neutrals:
To the nutjobs on the table: wanna see a magic trick? Well I?m going to make this pencil disappear.
> It?s you versus the world. Heck, you?re probably going to lose with numbers this large. Don?t lose your only (probably) potential ally.

I guess overall I still have to appeal to the town. All I have to say is: do you REALLY want to WASTE your LYNCHES on SOMEONE who?s potentially gonna ALLY with you ALL GAME? You can random lynch while you still have the numbers. Take me out, you lose one day and mafia whittles your numbers lower.

~ omg biggest conspiracy ever you are actually mafia/doc/super cereal trying to disguise himself super hard? ~

No. No I?m not. Look into the history of all mafia games played on this forum. Has anyone actually EVER done this? No one is gutsy enough to do stuff like this. And neither am I. I just really have nothing to lose ? I am not going to survive the 10+ rounds this game will take. I want to win this game. I am not secretly a doc hoping that mafia won?t target me. I am not secretly a mafia goon trying to pass off innocent all game long. No one does that. No one draws attention to themselves like that. It?s too much of a gamble.

Look ? I just want to live. I want to survive. I want to make it out of this game in One Piece. NK me, lynch me, investigate me, do whatever you want if you don?t believe me. For the first time ever in a mafia game, I?m 100% honest. You take any actions against me, you waste one potential turn. I know the most likely action at the moment is to Vote 2 me out of this game, but consider what I bring to the table before you do so.

That's a nice idea there.
Problem: we will discuss and always try to decide whether our not you are scum. And in the end you may turn on us when we need you.

Basically I'm either not going to trust you or vote you anyways because you are not town. My vote 2 will be going on you tomorrow I'd expect.

*Sits down at the bar*

I'll take an ale Sam, now is all of the Day 1 spam over yet?

Woah! Good timing to get home, pharphis!

FIRST! (I hope)

Everyone knows the first poster is always scum, thats why cupcakes is stupid.

Moar, do you have a post restriction where you have to stay in role, or are you just having fun?

My, my Noodle, you can't be actaully playing at the second page of the thread, thats impossible. Oh wait, no other posts from Noodle since, thats normal.

I'm glad I don't have to stay in character, otherwise I'd have to act like Meredith.

(Don't read too much into that, I just had to say it because it's been going through my head ever since I got my role PM)

Are you saying you'd have to act like someone and then saying not to read into it right after? Seems pretty scummy to me, or blatent, either way.

ordering a beer in a bar: scum tell

voting with vote 1 before vote 2: scum tell

voting when you cant vote: scum tell

lots of scum in this game by my analysis. I just hope no one got the role of eddie. would be an obvious post restriction

Randomly suggesting an obvious post restriction role when there have been no signs of someone with such a restriction? Should I analyze that as a scum tell?

I'm waiting on Thyiad before I post.

This unsuccessful post is unsuccesful. Please try harder next time.

I wonder if the plus one still refers to a voting lock and it just wasn't reiterated for that section. Regardless of which one, only with an investigation result would vote 2 likely be successful.

I like the idea of an investigation result being the use of vote 2 as that would allow for continuing scum hunting throughout the day phase of the guilty result. Scum hunting seems to abruptly stop once we have a lock. Now however, this is extremely dependent on having a guilty result to go on in the first place and would allow scum to hide in the lynch train for that person since anyone reluctant to join the lynch probably has alternative motives. I.E. not town.

Pyrotechnician said:
Are you saying you'd have to act like someone and then saying not to read into it right after? Seems pretty scummy to me, or blatant, either way.

Yes, pretty much. I'm saying don't read into it, because many brain cells will sacrifice their life for a hopeless cause.

Going off this, are there any rolls on Cheers you would think could make up a good mafia? I am familiar w/ Frasier, but not Cheers. And Thyiad said this won't be heavily lore based, so do you think there is any real connection between the cast and the town alignment?

I'm also better with Frasier than with Cheers. Best I can come up with are roles of the rivalry sort. The other bar that engaged in yearly competitions with Cheers. The restaurant above Cheers. I don't know their names, or even if they have any. I don't know if the characters are the same in each episode, but they represent a "not-Cheers" idea. That said, the not-so-obvious-mafia roles are the worry. Think Darryl Weathers and Chef.

For the first time ever in a mafia game, I’m 100% honest.
:thumbup:
It's hard to not like a guy saying that.

I am a Survivor, Neutral, with no abilities. I’m not sure how much I can reveal before Thyiad offs me, but I’ll answer any questions to the best of my abilities.

My goal is to survive until the end of this game, and survive alongside ANY faction, whether it be town, mafia, or a malicious neutral. I will win alongside ANY SINGLE faction, and ANY SINGLE faction will also win with me as long as all other factions are dead. (Is this paraphrasing good enough Thy? You’re breaking my balls here.)

Q & A Time:

~ Why the D1 reveal? ~

Because there’s zero chance I’m going to survive however long this game lasts otherwise. Holy crap. 27 players. A possibility of two lynches per day. And well, me. No one’s gonna let me live that long, given my history in mafia games.

I will be pro-town for the initial stages of the game. I will actively scumhunt, I will try to decode any post restrictions, I will help out the town just as any VT would. I will try to the best of my ability to play as any VT would. Seriously. I will actually play as a VT. Should town seem to have the upper hand, sorry mafia, I’m siding with the town.

However, it goes without saying: if there’s ever a situation where mafia has gained a majority and an upper hand, I will side with them in a heartbeat. I will side with mafia in LYLO (and even earlier), should it ever get that way.

To malicious neutral roles (e.g. SKs) that need to basically kill everyone: I will side with you if there’s ever a 1:1 situation vs mafia, or a 2:1 situation vs town. Otherwise if mafia has 2 or town has 3 and you’re by yourself, sorry. I hope you won’t kill me out of spite so that I lose.

~ Why shouldn’t we lynch you for the lulz? ~

Town:
> Your cop knows who to not investigate. Seriously: if you must, go ahead and validate that I’m telling the truth. You’re just wasting an investigation on a potential mafia.
> Your bus driver can use me as protection bait. Although I must admit, I really, really, really hope you don’t.
> If there’s a vigilante, you can shoot me I suppose. OR: you save your NKs and use it during a critical moment.
> The town literally has a potential 2 lynches per day, although the second lynch really falls into the hands of mafia (i.e. if a Vote 2 actually manages to pass, you’re probably hitting a townie). You can use those lynches to take out potential mafia early on, or you can use it on me and waste your early game random lynches (when it most counts, since the loss is minimal). There are probably ~5 or more mafia, and if you don’t include me as a potential target, you have a better chance of hitting them.

Mafia:
> If you ever need the number advantage when it’s cutting close, I’ll be right there beside you.

Neutrals:
To the nutjobs on the table: wanna see a magic trick? Well I’m going to make this pencil disappear.
> It’s you versus the world. Heck, you’re probably going to lose with numbers this large. Don’t lose your only (probably) potential ally.

I guess overall I still have to appeal to the town. All I have to say is: do you REALLY want to WASTE your LYNCHES on SOMEONE who’s potentially gonna ALLY with you ALL GAME? You can random lynch while you still have the numbers. Take me out, you lose one day and mafia whittles your numbers lower.

No. No I’m not. Look into the history of all mafia games played on this forum. Has anyone actually EVER done this? No one is gutsy enough to do stuff like this. And neither am I. I just really have nothing to lose – I am not going to survive the 10+ rounds this game will take. I want to win this game. I am not secretly a doc hoping that mafia won’t target me. I am not secretly a mafia goon trying to pass off innocent all game long. No one does that. No one draws attention to themselves like that. It’s too much of a gamble.

Look – I just want to live. I want to survive. I want to make it out of this game in One Piece. NK me, lynch me, investigate me, do whatever you want if you don’t believe me. For the first time ever in a mafia game, I’m 100% honest. You take any actions against me, you waste one potential turn. I know the most likely action at the moment is to Vote 2 me out of this game, but consider what I bring to the table before you do so.

lul .

I doubt so.

As long as we have the second vote, I don't see any reason to keep you alive. Even though it's a bit mean, cause I sorta believe you.

omgwtfbbqpwned said:
Well, if it ever comes down to that, no offence, but you've obviously done badly as town and should just accept the loss. :p

None taken

omgwtfbbqpwned said:
So yes? Free win?

No, free easy lynch.

The fact is that neutrals are not town and they never will be.

Plus if we lynch you on 2 we don't lose out on a day.

So it's win-win, just not for you.

No free win. Just protection bat for bus drivers and vote #2 when we decide your services aren't required anymore.
You would backfire on us at some point so I don't see any reason for compassion :)

I may believe this. Partially because there was no night start for OMG to plan this with scum buddies. However, what if he is an SK or something? Village Idiot?
Then again I haven't even seen many roles come into play, so every game is something new to me :p
I'm now pretty excited, for with this many players there must be many many different abilities floating about.

@Mal,
I agree with Kestegs (my god!). You are acting like you've never played before. then again, you were killed right after I was in the SP game :p

It's not about not asking questions, it's about asking the right questions.
From a pro-town POV your questions so far have indeed been useless. From a scum POV - not so much. The information you would gain from the answers to those questions would most likely help scum more than town, so why would anybody who is town ask them?
The whole insulted "you are mean!" speech does not help. Rather sad that I'm not allowed to vote today.

This. You seem like you are trying to get info without being the one seen collecting it.

So without overanalyzing the vote, I'll only use it later in the game under mentioned circumstances to vote of lurkers. Especially later in the game lurkers are worth lynching anyway and getting a 75% majority will say a lot.

So I have been reading responses to a post I must have missed, apparently Uraj had a great idea. Vote 2 seems perfect for someone known guilty by investigation. We can then use vote one to keep the day going.

Interesting you came out with all that but left off a name. Wouldn't help me at all, but others might find it useful to back up a claim. The honesty is nice, but as you pointed out in your post, when it comes down to the wire, you are not on our side. So really that just seems to make you a great candidate for a vote 2. I dislike lynching neutrals (especially as I have been one, that warder was fun but so hard to play - I think your claimed role is just as hard), and especially when it means we waste an entire day on it, but with the second lynch, we don't really lose much.

Well, if it ever comes down to that, no offence, but you've obviously done badly as town and should just accept the loss. :p

But if we lynch you now, we may have an extra day to win as you would not be voting against us on the last day. Why would we not take that?

Just back from work (early, yay), going to read through the thread asap as I am sure that amazing clues are contained therein!

Suspicious so far is Gwaihir as he is the only player I know for sure who has posted. /jk
As I say, I have not read any of the thread. I will join in with you guys soon and we can all read through the thread, have a few laughs and maybe a few beers :yes:

PS I am breaking up with Heather Graham because I need my space (not game related, it's just the funniest commercial on TV for the past 10 years) :rolf:

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High