Mafia Game: Cheers/Frasier Theme

How is a serial killer more likely than a postman when the freaking game mod said the person is a postman? Are you deliberately trying to confuse the town, scum?

I like this. The whole blowing up nothing reminds me of his play last game, where he was indeed scum.

In my opinion three things. One, there were two kills and yet he was quick to bring up the least possible explanation of an exploding postal worker instead of the more plausible one of a serial killer. Two, he got the names wrong and yet didn't notice his error because he isn't actively combing the thread looking for scum. Three.......Noodle isn't lurking.

You forgot four: Bad ash died.

That said, I don't really agree with any of those points. 1) The role was called post officer, 2) names wrong is potentially a typo, 3) do we really want to discourage people from posting? I am enjoying the not lurking Noodle, makes a nice change.

I like this. The whole blowing up nothing reminds me of his play last game, where he was indeed scum.

He blows up things every game, that is not to say you are wrong though.

Interesting. When you [crepeman] hypothesize about omg lying about being neutral survivor, you ignore the possibility of omg being mafia and go straight for the SK explanation.

That is interesting and a good catch, you may have something there. I will be interested to see the crepe's response.

You were complaining about the Cop getting killed the previous night. Not just at anytime, but also in your first post of the day. It is a form of scum-gloating, similar to what you have when a scum would say "nice save last night, Doc", after a non-NK night.

Vote 1: kestegs

The three other strong lynch-candidates for me are Noodle, MartinLong and Malevolent. Sathoris ended up dead. yesterday he was focusing on Martin Long. Is that a coincidence?

Look at the way this D2 discussion is going, omgwtf. Everyone is focusing on you. Is there any reason whatsoever not to lynch you and get your distractions out of the way? The sooner that happens the sooner we will focus on what we should be focusing on, that is finding and lynching Scum.

Vote 2: omgwtfbbqpwned

I'm feeling pretty similar to others, so far, that only have small suspicions of a few players. However, my list matches yours (aside from kestegs), for the time being.
I didn't think about the connection between sathoris and martinlong, but I also assumed they just went for someone experienced who wasn't on their side. Wouldn't mafia be more likely to go for a random lynch N1? I suppose things may be different now since discussion actually took place before N1, though.

can we just vote2 omg and move on to hunt real scum.

hes a distraction and has to be lynched.

I saw Gory disagreed, that omg was not preventing scumhunting. But all the talk about him does cover for others. Risky gambit by omg, and may have been a good idea if we didn't have a vote2. But I think he is the best option for removing a town liability.

Yeah... sorry, you do. You're a liability. All neutrals are.

I disagree with this, it really depends on the wincon of the neutral. In the first game I played, my partner was a nuertal SK hunter. I think some neutrals are dangerous to keep around while others can be useful.

Regarding OMG case, I see why he has to go, but isn't it a bit premature? I mean, he does give opinions on other people, he is trying to help and all. Even in worse case scenario of next two days being 2 + 2 town losses, it would still probably be far from lylo situation and until that time comes any (active) VT would be decent addition. I agree that he has to go soon, but I think it's too early today. No one is going to buy any of his role shifts considering how much honesty he poured into his claiming so I think it would be ok to keep him for day or two to contribute something at least.

The problem with holding him around is that we have no idea when he can turn on us, and as it gets closer to that limit, the harder it will be to lynch him.

You were complaining about the Cop getting killed the previous night. Not just at anytime, but also in your first post of the day. It is a form of scum-gloating, similar to what you have when a scum would say "nice save last night, Doc", after a non-NK night.

Vote 1: kestegs

This and saying omg was a godfather are what make me the most suspicious of kegs.

Interesting. When you hypothesize about omg lying about being neutral survivor, you ignore the possibility of omg being mafia and go straight for the SK explanation.

In that same post, he also brings up the idea of a free easy lynch and a win-win lynch. I disagree with those thoughts. Any non-mafia lynched helps mafia achieve vote lock. A living neutral could help mafia or could hurt them, depending on the scumhunting involved. A lynched neutral helps mafia achieve vote lock - omg is guaranteed not to hurt mafia if he's lynched. It's like an extra night kill with little risk or scum points.

In 111, the godfather idea emerges and continues through 115. kestegs never mentions that omg is a liar, yet the impression after reading 115 is that omg is a liar. So not only is kestegs advocating the idea of a "risk free" neutral lynch, he's also planting the idea of a scum lynch.

I am curious, you almost sound like you are against an omg lynch. Can you elaborate on that?

Which game was this? I don't remember this happening, but it may be a good point.

CG: The SP game. IIRC there were several incidents, but the one I remember best was him getting on my back about my post restriction being listed under my abilities - even though I had explained it in full several days earlier.

Almost forgot. Sorry omg, but I think you are a good choice for this today.

In my opinion three things. One, there were two kills and yet he was quick to bring up the least possible explanation of an exploding postal worker instead of the more plausible one of a serial killer. Two, he got the names wrong and yet didn't notice his error because he isn't actively combing the thread looking for scum. Three.......Noodle isn't lurking.

I've been thinking about this on the way from the appointment I had today and googled "mafia role postman" when I got home. The first hit was the one from wikihow which Noodle posted. "When he is killed, he reveals himself as the postman and goes "postal," taking someone with him to the grave."

The following relevant links where all about a postman delivering letters. Quote from mafiascum player (Jul):"The game allowed us to communique with a single private message per night and a single private message per day." There were other players (not from mafiascum) who described that role as well.

Then I looked around a bit more on mafiascum. They don't list the postman as a role, though they have a description for a Bomb: "If a Bomb is killed at Night, they will reflexively kill their killer." If that role were used a mafia should have died along with the postman. That means there hasn't been a NK.

So in conclusion: If Thyiad used the wikihow role, Noodle's explanation is plausible. If Thyiad used mafiascum for the bomb description, then that is simply not possible if the role reveals are correct. If Thyiad used the letter description, then there is a SK. And this option (SK) makes most sense to me considering the size of this game.

That leaves the question open why Noodle would just throw the first option out there without doing more research. Not really scumhunting? He knows that the postman wasn't targeted by the mafia and wants us to believe otherwise?

So Noodle is very high on my suspect list, but not #1. I'll come back to that when I have done the dishes and found out how multiquoting works.

OMG:
Yes, he has to go. I see him as a big distraction. Even if the chance that he'll win if being a VI and made a false claim is there. I read in the SP game that the towm mafia ratio was 16:4. Could somebody please do the math on what ratio town:mafia we need to have here to get a vote2 through without mafia help? (I am NOT a math person.)

I buy the argument that I read here that he'll be more of a help to the mafia since he openly said that he would turn to their side in the endgame. So let's vote him out before we lose the possibility to do it with vote2.

I wouldn't say Noodle's assumption is really an assumption. Look back to OMG's post about when Me and Phar were talking about the Postman role. He didn't find any information, I found one about the letter and someone else (forgot who) found the role of taking someone down with you. Later OMG came and said that the role I found was for a different type of mafia game - It's definitely an uncommon role, but I am thinking that it was used once before in a mafia game here and that's why He knows the role.

I find it completely mind-boggling that some of you still have theories that I am an SK/VI/mafia goon. :confused:

... is purely because I haven't read the rule on V2s yet or any of the discussion so I am not sure quite how they work. I am all for lynching him, but I want to make sure I haven't done anything irreversible or anything before I cast that vote.

It's exactly the same as the Vote 1 (aka the typical voting scheme), except you require an additional 25% of the population to vote. +1 to lock in either case. I also asked Thyiad. So today, it would take 18 to Vote 2 lynch any particular individual, and 19 to secure the Vote 2 lynch.

You find me scummy because I dont take everything you are feeding us as gospel, you are the one that brought it here not me, you remind me of kesteg and his little ploy as VI.

You keep avoiding the bulk of the conversation that isn't about me. I wonder why?

Yeah... sorry, you do. You're a liability. All neutrals are.

I'm as much an asset as I am a liability. That's all I will say.

Three.......Noodle isn't lurking.

He is. His posts have no real content behind them. He's simply coasting by with the facade of posting more. Quantity =/= Quality.

Also, does anyone know which character glib just roleplayed in #185? I'm trying to think of someone, but the entire cast of Fraiser and Cheers comes off like that to me. :p

I don't have a guilty investigation result if that's what you are asking etc.

On the one hand he's etc.

In that same post, etc.

In 111, etc.

I agree with this sentiment. His inconsistencies are just a byproduct of kestegs being kestegs, but with such little information to go on, he seems like a good V1 target for D1. Furthermore, it seems a few others have been quite keen to jump on his defence. It makes me wonder if what we're seeing is mafia resistance against lynching their own kind.

Omg, you are a huge distraction and the best possible service you could have done is take a NK for us. You blew that chance out of the way with a reveal.

The best possible service I could have provided goes against my wincon. It sounds like you're trying too hard to sound pro-town if anything.

That leaves the question open why Noodle would just throw the first option out there without doing more research. Not really scumhunting? He knows that the postman wasn't targeted by the mafia and wants us to believe otherwise?

Noodle's description was generally the first one that came to my mind too. When someone says cop, the first option you throw out is standard cop, rather its other variants. I don't think Noodle should be held accountable for picking the standard description of a Postman, but rather, he should be suspected for his rather certain link of Sathoris' and BA's deaths.

This is spot on, except for the inconvenient facts that last game I didn't "blow up", and I wasn't scum.

[h=2]South Park Mafia role:[/h]
Name: Jimbo Kern
Alignment: Town
Role: Townie
Abilities: Once the phrase “They took our jobs!” is posted by someone else, you must quote it as soon as possible and reply with “They took Errr jerbs!”
Failure to do so will result in 2 private warnings followed by a mod kill​

You're just making stuff up now, to try to frame me. VERY suspicious.​

I don't think Noodle should be held accountable for picking the standard description of a Postman, but rather, he should be suspected for his rather certain link of Sathoris' and BA's deaths.

<sigh> This is why I tend to lurk. People who analyze situations and try to help the town by making sense of them are targetted.

I will be on the road today and will check when I return. I think this needs to be done

Vote: omgwtfbbqpwned

It can also be used quite well to thin the heard of mafia scum as well, granted there is good evidence to support that we know 2 are scummy. It will definitely make this game faster, especially with almost 30 people.

I don't think it can if we aren't lucky in the start. Think town:mafia ratio and NK before lynch.

Exactly. So, we need to work hard early game to keep the 75% on town, b/c if to many wrong moves are made, yes the second vote will be lost. What I can see happening though, if town looses the 75%, but the mafia are good at persuading the town, we could end up loosing even more folk.

"We are the 75%" Lulz.

You thought about the numbers now suddenly?

As seeming OMG's play style last game, I really don't know what to think. I also, don't understand why we WOULDN'T keep the role he had secret, as he just has to stay alive to win the game. I would think OMG would be fine with taking a role like this, as he can pretend to be whom ever he wants to be. What's done is done though, and I can't say for certainty if he's telling the truth. Maybe a confirmation from an investigation?

Why waste an investigation on him? Yes, he may be a VI, but what else? I don't buy the Godfather theory and he'd turn up VT anyway. I can't see any other PR that would gain from such a stunt. (Disclaimer: I might be overlooking something here and there might be PR that I don't know about.)

Well, OMG does bring up a good point, if he is not lying, we can forget about him like your disfigured son chained up in the basement whose only sees light when you go to feed him. This gives us, one less vote to waste ... and I wouldn't really say we have an n-1 chance, b/c now the mafia also has that advantage as well - again, level playing field.

It's tough, but w/ two votes ... come time that there is not 2 people to vote for w/ great certainty, I would give it to him.

The ratio again. I do believe that keeping omg alive will be beneficial to the mafia as he said he would turn in endgame if he could win. So they would advocate that we do not lynch OMG

Coming on a little strong are we? But I guess this is your typical play style. I don't think you quite understand my point I made.

You're saying I'm scummy bc I don't want to waste a vote on a player that is useless (right now). At any time during the game, OMG should be an easy Vote 2 considering he helps no side. You play a very loose game style that votes for anyone w/o and concrete evidence and wild assumption - I'm quite the opposite.

In early game, a vote 2 can be used to our advantage to try to rid more mafia - I don't want this to turn out like the SP role where everyone bandwagons on loose evidance and kills off their own town. Maybe the investigation would be a waste, it was only a suggestion as there are many people here that still think that OMG could be lieing (he's quite good at it).

I wouldn't want him around either, but at game start 75% of the vote I feel should be better spent on scum than on a neutral role. If there isn't enough evidence to support two scum votes, by all means I'm down to send him to the cutting block - I just don't want a wasted vote.

Understandable - I see your view now. And my position was the same, if it came to it, he'd be the first to go. Wonder what will happen in the next hour.

Ratio again. It's in the early game the town has the numbers to get a vote 2 lynch through. If we don't catch scum early, they will be able to control vote2. And suddenly you see the "view"?

Wow, this is not a good start. Not having a cop is going to make this quite hard. It's also interesting to see such early votes going down, but vote2 seems obvious, so why not.

Vote 2: omgwtfbbqpwnd

I would say your google methods suck. From what I found, a postman role is able to send one message to someone a night and then have it returned. Now, from my search it came up to a very in-beta role. So there is no evidence to support what I found is the official role.

Now, after advocating all that "not wasting a vote on OMG" you suddenly just vote for him early? This smells scum.

I wouldn't say Noodle's assumption is really an assumption. Look back to OMG's post about when Me and Phar were talking about the Postman role. He didn't find any information, I found one about the letter and someone else (forgot who) found the role of taking someone down with you. Later OMG came and said that the role I found was for a different type of mafia game - It's definitely an uncommon role, but I am thinking that it was used once before in a mafia game here and that's why He knows the role.

Could you please post a link to that game here with the postman? I have been away long and I would like evidence of your statement being true.

Conclusion: MartinLong changes his style very much to appease the going argumentation of the town. Smells scum to me. If you have an opinion, you want to defend it at least once or twice. If it was that bad that you see it right away, then you haven't thought much right away. Which is just another sign of scum. Not hunting, just trying to blend in and be seen posting now and then.

I think he's #1 on my list so far. But I have to read kestegs posts again and comment on them. Will come in a little while.

Fixing my votes, forgot about the "vote at the end of the post" rule. Sorry. Also, Laaarz missed a space in his vote (must be scum!).

Vote 1: Malevolent

CG: The SP game. IIRC there were several incidents, but the one I remember best was him getting on my back about my post restriction being listed under my abilities - even though I had explained it in full several days earlier.

Why is this comment aimed at me? Did you happen to mean Gwaihir instead? Why do you have CG on the brain, hmmm?

This is spot on, except for the inconvenient facts that last game I didn't "blow up", and I wasn't scum.

You're just making stuff up now, to try to frame me. VERY suspicious.

Maybe it's just me, but I read FoE as commenting on flubbucket's play-style/previous role rather than yours. Sort of odd that you assume he was attacking you, especially when he likes your quote specifically. Guilty conscience?

@ Moar: Why the 10,000 quotes from Martin from Day 1? I have been going nuts looking for the original quotes thinking I missed a whole bunch today. If he is number one on your list, you surely should have put a vote up after all of that.

Also, we need every sane person to get a vote on omg in the "vote 2" slot. On the likes, omg is now creating a larger disctraction by bringing up wincon. Saying that keeping quiet and actually helping the town by blending in and scum hunting goes against a "wincon." I really hate it when non-town bring up wincon because it is always a lie.

Not 25 pairs of eyes. Does this mean TheReadMenace won't be replaced?
Correct.

@Thy: Can we get a clarification on how hard this whole vote in the end of the post deal will be enforced?
The post rules will be enforced as listed. Bold, capitalized correctly, spelt right and at the end of a post ETC. Vote 1 and Vote 2 can be at the end of the same post but the rest will be enforced and non-complying votes won't count.

@ Moar: Why the 10,000 quotes from Martin from Day 1? I have been going nuts looking for the original quotes thinking I missed a whole bunch today. If he is number one on your list, you surely should have put a vote up after all of that.

Also, we need every sane person to get a vote on omg in the "vote 2" slot. On the likes, omg is now creating a larger disctraction by bringing up wincon. Saying that keeping quiet and actually helping the town by blending in and scum hunting goes against a "wincon." I really hate it when non-town bring up wincon because it is always a lie.

Because his D1 posts is what triggered me to believe he's scum. I didn't vote for him yet because I still have to review kestegs and then make my mind up on who I want to vote for.

I saw Gory disagreed, that omg was not preventing scumhunting.
I wouldn't put it exactly that way. Rather, anyone wanting to "hunt real scum" doesn't need omg's permission and/or blessing to do so.

I am curious, you almost sound like you are against an omg lynch. Can you elaborate on that?
And risk letting this topic continue to dominate the day's discussion? Briefly: I'm not in favor of an omg lynch FOR TODAY. I feel there is more value in watching how others interact (or don't) with an unlynched omg compared to the rest of the players.

I read in the SP game that the towm mafia ratio was 16:4. Could somebody please do the math on what ratio town:mafia we need to have here to get a vote2 through without mafia help? (I am NOT a math person.
The South Park ratio wasn't 16:4. It was something like 13:4:1:2 (townie, mafia, SK, neutral).

If my math is right, there can be 4 mafia and town can still vote 2 lynch omg with neither any mafia votes nor an omg self vote. 24 players alive requires 19 votes for a vote 2 lynch. 19 townie votes plus omg plus 4 mafia reach 24 players left in the game. The ratio would be 22:4:1 (omg isn't town but isn't mafia) or 22:5 (omg is mafia).

Side bar: How many games have you won as mafia?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High