Witch Hunt: The NCIS Haloween Forum Mafia Thread

Re: Witch Hunt: The NCIS Haloween Forum Mafia Thread

Ank, this sounds like you're threatening to vote for me if I don't join your bandwagon.

Oh that ship has already sailed. After zemaj it's Noodle unless he can fend for himself, and then it's you. :)

You know, if Gorny would assure me that my status as a vanilla townie would be revealed if I were to be lynched, I'd almost welcome it so that these poorly presented arguments against me could be sifted through after the fact and the real anti-town folks brought to justice.

Resorting to ad hominem attacks is generally a sure sign that one doesn't actually have a logical argument.

WOAH, back that train up. Day one you were lamenting the fact that we were going to lose a "Very Important Role" if we lynched you, and now you are claiming VT?

Lynch all Liars!

Drixx just got caught in his big bold faced lie, I hope other people see this.

@Rlyeh: I think you should go over some of the posts from Drixx again from the second part of the first day phase at least, and keep in mind he's maybe not playing mafia in the same way we're used to here. I've read his post quite a few times now, and while after the first slip and few posts he seemed scum, he's now fallen off my radar (and apparently others too). He's actually also said somewhere that while his opinion is it's not in the towns best interest to lynch him, he'd let himself be lynched if the we felt it was absolutely necesarry (SP?). At least I believe he said something along those lines.

@Asrrin: Guess I should've previewed, but that's the post I meant. And I'll have to backtrack once I get back from work (heading out on an install so to speak), but as far as I recall he never said a very important role, just that he's a vocal townie that tries to hunt scum in his own way. Which is much more than can be said for other players in this game so far.

Who's the first person to do that? It's possible I could of overlooked it.

Reading is fun-damental!!!

Did you even read the top of my post? I've read the first 5 new pages only, I don't have time right now to read through 11 pages that appeared in 8 hours. Also in the time it took you to say I haven't skimmed it well you could of put a post reference to where the answer is.

Rest assured when I get back home at midnight tonight, I'm going to go through it with a fine tooth comb.

And I voted for you for the same reasons I suspected you yesterday.

You beleive that you dying is the worst for the town.
You're agressive to anyone who challanges you.
You assert your a "good guy" a bit too often.

Ank, this sounds like you're threatening to vote for me if I don't join your bandwagon.

Bolded for effect.

Pot this is Kettle. Kettle this is pot...you're black! And yet you felt compelled to comment with little information?!? Why not wait instead until you've read the other pages and make an astute observation, boobenstein??? (sorry name calling is childish, but meh)

WOAH, back that train up. Day one you were lamenting the fact that we were going to lose a "Very Important Role" if we lynched you, and now you are claiming VT?

Lynch all Liars!

Drixx just got caught in his big bold faced lie, I hope other people see this.

See below....although I do think you're drama is worth noting. Did you and Sathoris talk last night???

@Asrrin: Guess I should've previewed, but that's the post I meant. And I'll have to backtrack once I get back from work (heading out on an install so to speak), but as far as I recall he never said a very important role, just that he's a vocal townie that tries to hunt scum in his own way. Which is much more than can be said for other players in this game so far.

Agreed. Perhaps an inflated opinion of himself but an accurate assessment of the situation.

And yet we've managed to generate almost 40 pages of dialogue/poop...amazing

It is quite amazing indeed. And the fact that we didn't have a lynch last phase is annoying me. I'm heading out from work now, but as soon as I get back home I'll take a closer look at the vote results too.

Btw I never meant to target you flubb, and if you felt targeted due to D1 and the restriction that was not my intention.

Well that was a fun way to spend the first 2 hours of a day...

I came into today with the intent of giving drixx an opportunity to change his behavior. And now I had to read 100 posts that are mostly just a pissing match between you and anyone who challenges you. You show a lot of pro and anti town tells. However you are just monopolizing the thread which allows nothing else to go on. I will likely be placing a vote on you again for these reasons.

However.... zemaj has remained silent today. It has only been 12 hours since the day started, so its not unreasonable, but I hope he posts soon.

Noodle seems to be being classic noodle.

Corax is being a lurking follower, which is unnatural.

Korial is looking much more town today.

We still have yet to hear from a lot of people though, the day is still young.

Vote: Zemaj

Just so that is done, suspicious first couple of post,silence blah blah...

I still feel like corax have been good at keeping under the radar after his flimsy first vote, but we got bigger fish too fry for now. Keep in mind I'm keeping an eye on you corax.

Drixx code posting:

Since drixx meant for that post to reach someone, the sheriff(?), I assume he must have some way to convey the coding, or else the mafia, or a mason group, would be the most likely to catch on to the message.

From what I see drixx must either
A)be in a mason group
B)be a mafia
C)be able to tip a person or role about the coding

Since I think drixx ain't mafia I must go with A or C. I assume the code is practically unbreakable (considering his work) so it must be meant for someone.

Drixx do you know if the person whom will be able to decode your message will have your alignement? That could be useful to know later in the game.

It occurred to me if the coded part he posted doesn't find any use later it on it may have been just to confuse. Which is decidedly anti-town.

But that is more of an argument to keep drixx alive as we have an additional way of seeing if he is anti-town.

I came into today with the intent of giving drixx an opportunity to change his behavior. And now I had to read 100 posts that are mostly just a pissing match between you and anyone who challenges you. You show a lot of pro and anti town tells. However you are just monopolizing the thread which allows nothing else to go on. I will likely be placing a vote on you again for these reasons.

However.... zemaj has remained silent today. It has only been 12 hours since the day started, so its not unreasonable, but I hope he posts soon.

I have to agree that the conversation between Drixx and the accusers is being taken too far, and is getting in the way of more productive discussions. I'm hoping it doesn't flare up again this phase.

He has indeed. Just the fact he went inactive after the first heat was on him is conspicous, so he better have a good explenation.

Korial is looking much more town today.

Why thank you. :girly: Told you first day in particular is my worst phase. :jig:

Since I think drixx ain't mafia I must go with A or C. I assume the code is practically unbreakable (considering his work) so it must be meant for someone.

Drixx do you know if the person whom will be able to decode your message will have your alignement? That could be useful to know later in the game.

I think it actually can be broken. It would be tough though, but he did give some clues as to the cipher that's used.

Now time to go over some of the older posts and make a longer comment.

Vote: Zemaj

Just so that is done, suspicious first couple of post,silence blah blah...

I still feel like corax have been good at keeping under the radar after his flimsy first vote, but we got bigger fish too fry for now. Keep in mind I'm keeping an eye on you corax.

Drixx code posting:

Since drixx meant for that post to reach someone, the sheriff(?), I assume he must have some way to convey the coding, or else the mafia, or a mason group, would be the most likely to catch on to the message.

From what I see drixx must either
A)be in a mason group
B)be a mafia
C)be able to tip a person or role about the coding

Maybe I have misread this, but my understanding is that Drixx put out the code and is now asking the sheriff to decode it using hints he has dropped (such as the "its a very old code") and he somehow expects this to work.

Anyways, he still seems questionable, but so far zemaj is my second choice, I am willing to switch to him to get a lynch today.

Uh Gullik, your vote is misspelled. The name isn't capitalized.

You don't want Gorny to come over and taser your meat and two veggies do ya'...?

Maybe I have misread this, but my understanding is that Drixx put out the code and is now asking the sheriff to decode it using hints he has dropped (such as the "its a very old code") and he somehow expects this to work.

Anyways, he still seems questionable, but so far zemaj is my second choice, I am willing to switch to him to get a lynch today.

I've seen the sort of trigger thingy used in game (secret phrase, code word unlocks special ability, that sort of thing). I'm still finding Drixx to be more arrogant than scum. BUT I'm keeping my eyes wide open.

There still seem to be many, many words determined to sway and manipulate.

Sweet at first, but bitter later....Tum ta tum tum Rolaids

Just to hopefully put this whole "Drixx's message can't be decoded without knowing how to do it in advance" thing.

As for my code, it's really a very simple encryption taught basically the first week of any class you take on the subject.

I happen to have worked in IT Security and my first degree was in cryptography, so there is a certain appeal whenever I see a puzzle like that. As far as my own message, it is a very simple cypher that was invented a couple thousand years ago :)

As far as my encrypted text, I'm very much hoping whomever has the "sheriff" ability will decipher it and do as I ask. Ideally only that person will figure it out. I've certainly given enough clues :)

Plenty clues in here about the code is using a very simple encryption with a very simple cypher invented thousands of years ago, and hoping a sheriff type role wil crack it.

Now regarding yesterdays votes, I've included below the list excluding ankeli (voted on by zemaj) and obviously zemaj himself.

coju [5].................(corax, Noodle, flippy, flubby, Drixx)
corax [2].................(Gullik, Ryleh,)
Drixx [5].................(Valhauros, Asrrin, Bad Ash, coju, kestegs)
Sathoris [2]................(Boogyman19946, Malevolent)
Feysal [1]................(Sathoris)

I'd very much like an explenation from Gullik, Rlyeh, Boogy, Mal and Sath as to why you didn't help get the lock on zemaj. Or at least why your vote stayed where it was at the end of D1. In fact I wouldn't mind having everyone that voted on coju and Drixx to do the same thing.

What's even more interesting is why Asrrin, PvtCaboose and Flip didn't vote at all. Explenations please?

Asrrin voted for Drixx and Flip (flippy) voted for coju.

A moot point now, but I was thinking the votes were going toward coju there at the end. That is why I felt dissatisfied with Feysal's attempt to "help" with his poorly thought out vote. I should have paid closer attention though :crazyeyes:

Perhaps not so poorly thought out?? /ponder these things

Triple post FTW :jig:

Did I explain fully my vote? I kept asking, where is zemaj? and he was my first choice for lynch. But my thoughts were the votes were going towards coju.

Quad Post
Quad Post
Quad Post
Quad Post

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High