Witch Hunt: The NCIS Haloween Forum Mafia Thread

Re: Witch Hunt: The NCIS Haloween Forum Mafia Thread

You're placing a deadend vote as the majority is headed elsewhere. Besides, keeping Drixx alive for another day is a good way to leech information out of people. I think that what with the amount of interactions he's had thus far he HAS to be lynched at some point to reveal some connections, but I don't think the time is now.

So I shouldn't bother making cases on other people because less than 24 hours in D2 someone else's wagon is bigger. Coincedentally on someone you had a gut feeling was scum and failed to show up since? Unlike Drixx who's been lying, witholding information and omgusing non-stop. With my vote on Drixx it's 5 against 7. Calling it a deadend vote is ridicilious. By your own admission Drixx' lynch will tell us a lot more.

Crazy...

@gorny, why does my vote not count? I am allowed to vote with my injury.

Sath...most likely cause you had not posted it yet when I started counting. I'll add it in my next update.

vote: zemaj

we all know the reasons, if had acatually shown his face in this thread instead of hiding then we wouldn't all be voting for him, Drixx is the evil we know, Zemaj is the evil lurking in the corner.

WOAH, back that train up. Day one you were lamenting the fact that we were going to lose a "Very Important Role" if we lynched you, and now you are claiming VT?

Lynch all Liars!

Drixx just got caught in his big bold faced lie, I hope other people see this.

I think you should re-read my posts. I never claimed to have any important role, only that as far as my own opinion is concerned, me being lynched out of the game is a worst case scenario (this was explored in depth late D1).

And I should point out that we all have been assigned a role to play in this game. I always try to do my best to fill my own.

@Asrrin: Guess I should've previewed, but that's the post I meant. And I'll have to backtrack once I get back from work (heading out on an install so to speak), but as far as I recall he never said a very important role, just that he's a vocal townie that tries to hunt scum in his own way. Which is much more than can be said for other players in this game so far.

Thanks for that. I've mostly accomplished what I wanted to early in the game, which was to get as many people talking and establishing longer posts as possible. These things will be valuable later because those of us who survive (hopefully me among them) will be able to compare later posts to something, instead of having a mostly silent first day or two which produces nothing of value.

I'm sorry if my strategy has offended anyone or seemed "dumb". I would just sit back and quietly watch and say nothing more so as to allow things to develop, but I have a feeling if I drop out of the thread people will freak out and assume I'm a baddie.

So I'm kind of in a catch-22. I don't want to be the focal point of the game, but if I stop posting I get killed. What should I do?

Oh, and as far as the codeblock goes. It really is simple. One of if not the earliest methods of encryption in existence. Anyone who has already cracked it (and I'm sure someone has) can probably share that it's laughable as a message, at best. Seriously, if I were to post the translation right now you would all just laugh at me and hurt my feelings.

It was done mostly on a whim on the assumption we have a "sheriff" role (notice I've put quotes around it each time, since I'm not sure what the proper word for it is. I learned it as "Sheriff"). Ironically, given what has gone on since I posted that block, I would actually want said role to disregard it entirely, as I don't expect it to be very productive for the town after all.

So I shouldn't bother making cases on other people because less than 24 hours in D2 someone else's wagon is bigger. Coincedentally on someone you had a gut feeling was scum and failed to show up since? Unlike Drixx who's been lying, witholding information and omgusing non-stop. With my vote on Drixx it's 5 against 7. Calling it a deadend vote is ridicilious. By your own admission Drixx' lynch will tell us a lot more.

Crazy...

@gorny, why does my vote not count? I am allowed to vote with my injury.

I'm predicting we'll end up in a deadlock due to the great amount of votes required and mafia throwing in sticks to our wheels if we split our votes. And a no lynch again. And yeah, I think he has to go, but not yet.

vote: zemaj

we all know the reasons, if had acatually shown his face in this thread instead of hiding then we wouldn't all be voting for him, Drixx is the evil we know, Zemaj is the evil lurking in the corner.

That's mean. I'll have you know that I'm not very evil at all. I'm in fact quite cuddly.

No offense to your personality or integrity drixx, it's just that you are #2 on the lynch train atm.

Lynching him makes sure he won't stand in the way of any lynches.

Well not a whole lot of others seem to be trying to solve it, or post about the code. And I probably should've just left this all alone, but too late for that now. Either way the only one's his code is interfering with now is you and me, and I assure you that me trying to break the code will not interfere with my interactions in the game.

You do realise you're contradicting yourself there. If he's a VT and hopes someone can decode his message then he's not a VT because he can't have any information that we don't. Unless there's another barkeep type role and even then it's ridicilious to be posting the info in a coded message. If you have to you subetly put it into a post and not announce to everyone you know something.

Why does his message have to contain information only gained through a power role? We don't even know what the message is, so you're just assuming the info that is encrypted is gained from having a power role.

You assume. Tell me, what is the sherrif? If there's a cop it would be called a cop. The sherrif is to specific a rolename to mention in the thread.

I've since looked up the cop role, and the cop role has several other names (with no mention of a different ability than a standard cop), one being sheriff. But maybe the sources I'm using is incorrect, so if you have other information on what a sheriff role could be, then do please enlighten me.

So you believe he is not a VT and therefor has lied to us?

Again you assume the information he encrypted is gained from a power role, while we actually don't know anything about the message that is there. Either you're too quick on jumping to conclusions, or I'm too slow... so to speak.

clues schmues. Nothing in his posts can help us decode that message unless you know more about decoding than the average person. It was meant for one person to read and one person only.

Well the clues I meant is that the code is over 2000 years old (quick search on google reveals several methods invented over 2000 years ago). And that it's commonly taught in cryptography/cryptology classes might narrow down the search. I won't bother going into more details though. I'll do this on my own time and keep playing the game as I've done already.

Also meaning we waste a day and focus only on the code and not on anyone else. Knowingly I might add, because after you post such a code you know people will talk about it.

So that's deliberately wasting our time. Lying about his role and sketchy behaviour. I want him dead.

Vote: Drixx

There really wasn't that much talk about solving the code, and plenty time to lynch a better candidate. But the fact not everyone used their vote, and even more voted on different people and couldn't agree on a main lynch target is not just the codes fault. The obsessive questioning of Drixx probably contributed to the D1 results though.

I just asked you to trust me on this, but guess that ain't going to fly for you without more info. But it's still just the first part of the day, so I'll give this more time.

Go back to whatever it is you all want to focus on then. I won't post more about the code until I have some definite answers and won't distract the town further.

Oh snap. Forgot to refresh. *reads latest posts*

Conjecture: Bad Ash was night killed after a fairly inactive day. I suspect he was chosen because of his inactivity - he hadn't established himself as a high profile player in this round, and as such was unlikely to be protected by a doc-type role. Mafia members don't always go after the obvious choices.

I would caution against locking a lynch too soon - we have plenty of time to play with, and locking a lynch prematurely limits our flexibility to change if zemaj or whoever the target is comes in with a seemingly valid explanation, or if someone else makes a gaffe and inadvertently drops evidence that he / she is scum.

Well zemaj has remained silent, so I see no reason not to vote him. Still see his retaliatory vote was weak.

Vote: zemaj

@Gorny - Have you heard anything from zemaj to explain his absence?

Dammit Ankeli, I hate when you are right. I've been wanting to see you lynched for several games now!

Zemaj is definitely pinging my scum radar like nobody's business. Thing is though, he's pretty much hitting every obvious scum tell. I find it hard to believe that real mafia would manage to be that obvious, unless he was a total newb. Zemaj, how many mafia games have you played?

I'll jump, on the bandwagon for him unless he has a really good reason, but I want to hear from him first.

Drixx, you're oozing scum tells almost as much as zemaj. Wanting to keep info about a post restricted person secret so that you and a select few can use it to your advantage just screams scum. You still haven't given anyone here a clear answer why in the world you would possibly say that.

@Asrrin would you mind clarify what scum tells you noticed on zemaj yesterday? Were there any others with Drixx yesterday or did you list them all in that post?

lynch should happen EVERY day, otherwise the game won't get going properly and the mafia basically got last night for free.

just my 2 cents

Okay, let's run the numbers on this shall we?

Let's say there are 26 people in the game (Which I believe is accurate) and let's say 4 are anti-town. Right now the ratio is 4 bad to 22 good. That is .18 repeating.

If we do nothing today and proceed onto the night phase, the most likely outcome is we lose a townie, bringing the ratio to 4 bad to 21 good, or .19.

If we assume there is no way for us to make an intelligent lynching on day one, we still have roughly a 20% chance to eliminate a mafia, which drastically shifts the odds in our favor to .1363 (last two digits repeating) before the night and assuming they kill a townie to .143.

If we mess up and lynch a townie, it has a much smaller impact to the bad than lynching a mafia has to the good. Since the anti-town is severely limited in numbers, it is always to the best interest of the town to attempt to kill them, even on day one. In fact, the odds are never really better for us than they are now. As we get killed off during the nights, it becomes more and more likely that the anti-town wins. Doing nothing only hastens our downfall.

This feels counter-intuitive because unless someone messes up, we have a higher chance to lynch one of our own than to lynch an anti; however, because we have so many more lives to work with the math works out in our favor. Remember, all we need to do is get lucky once to drastically swing the odds in our favor.

Drixx's quote added to give meaning to the next Malevolent quote.

For someone that commented twice on the need of day one lynch, I find it odd that he ended up on one of the smallest wagons.

His voting for corax also seemed odd. First he claims he needs more information to decide who to vote for. Then after voting repeats that he likes his corax vote twice and then later unvotes him. His unvote makes it sound like it was just an RVS but an earlier confirm vote makes it sound like he doesn't like RVS votes, (he actually says "RGS" not sure what else that could be other than mistyped RVS).

honestly i don't know who to vote for.
I need more information first.

I concur !

vote: corax

the zemaj vs ankeli situation is crazy, maybe they are both scum and are staging it?

but my vote still lies with corax for now. He was throwing accusations round with nothing behind them. I know the the RGS is going to happen, but i don't like the idea of it. If we have 12 voting for somebody and no interest in corax then of course i'm going to jump on the bandwagon and lynch them.

@ankeli.

I trust neither you nor zemaj, might flip a coin later to decide.

corax was being ridiculous, my vote stays on him.

i just wanted to vote corax, you don't sound very scummy really, somebody has to point the FoS to get it started.

unvote- corax

Yes my behaviour on day 1 was quite erratic, because i was full of first mafia game exitement, i just wanted to be involved.

Coming in with a much more tactical approach today,

Alright, This has gone on long enough.

If zemaj isn't going to show then he can have my vote until he does at least.

Drixx's behavior is improving and he is looking more like a confused townie than a confused mafia right now.

Vote: zemaj

I will agree with noodle that there is no reason to prematurely lock him at this point, the day is still young.

But is that all you have to add, Noodle?

Drixx's "If Gorny would assure me that my status as a vanilla townie would be revealed if I were to be lynched, I'd almost welcome it so that these poorly presented arguments against me could be sifted through after the fact and the real anti-town folks brought to justice."
ZGVhZCBxYiBiYWYxYS4uLg==

bulletgreen.gif
Vote: Drixx
bulletgreen.gif

cWRlciByZWFzcWJzOg==

Goryani's "People that say "If I were anti-town" are often anti-town in the first place."
Corax's
"I understand where he is trying to place his reasoning, but it makes no sense to me."
RlyehExiled's
"You believe that you dying is the worst for the town. Aggressive to anyone who challenges you."

Running these through base 64 decoding seems to give them some meaning, though maybe I'm just being optimistic. Maybe letter and number substitutions from the base 64 decoded result?
R3FxZCAxcWIhIEJlczFkZXMgZGUgYmFzZTU0LCAxIGNhZCB2c2U6MTIzNDVRV0VSVEFTREZHWVhDVkI=

Still trying to make sense of things, kestegs. I agree with others that Drixx has verged on contradicting himself, so I wouldn't be against a lynch there. Ankeli I find difficult to take real seriously in these games, as he's basically a rabid dog. He'll target anyone he sees, for no apparent reason.

Still trying to make sense of things, kestegs. I agree with others that Drixx has verged on contradicting himself, so I wouldn't be against a lynch there. Ankeli I find difficult to take real seriously in these games, as he's basically a rabid dog. He'll target anyone he sees, for no apparent reason.

Hey, you're hurting my feelings. I always have a point with my attacks! Perhaps downplaying me is your way of fending off my slight pokes in your direction?

I would say that verges on contradiction is pretty generous.

The downside to a zemaj lynch today is that he gives us a lot less tie-ins with his posts, we basically just get a vote history. If Drixx is lynched we get vote history and a pretty nice tie-in to a lot of people.

I think they are both still viable lynches, we just need to make sure that they don't divide and conquer again today.

Hey, you're hurting my feelings. I always have a point with my attacks! Perhaps downplaying me is your way of fending off my slight pokes in your direction?

I apologize. Perhaps I should have said, "Ankeli is a very aggressive player, and I don't always understand his choice of targets." Better?

I would say that verges on contradiction is pretty generous.

I know, it's just that he hasn't been around playing with us in a long time, and I could understand his malapropism being due to rust, if you will. Don't get me wrong, if the lynch train stops at his station, I'll be right there on board stretching a really bad metaphor.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High