Witch Hunt: The NCIS Haloween Forum Mafia Thread

Re: Witch Hunt: The NCIS Haloween Forum Mafia Thread

V2UxMSwgdDFzIHp1Y3Mu

V2F0IHRxIGRxPw== :scratchhead:

hmm... looks like we have another post restriction am I right?

hmm... if you have to run quotes through a translator as well, why won't you try to quote someone so we can figure out how to decipher the post restriction.

Right. I try to respond and say stuff, but every time I do, 15 more posts appear and I want to read those, and it just goes on and on. So I'm going to just shotgun my thoughts and ya'll can be damned if they make any sense.

1) I am not a doctor, and I doubt I was doctor saved. I know who my attacker's character is, but not who the player was. Jonas Cobb, the Pier to Pier killer. I remember that Goryani touched on this a while ago, about mid way through day 1.

2) My #1 lynch target is Drixx. Zemaj is a very close #2. I don't believe in "too scummy to be scum" arguments, and Drixx is coming across very scummy.

Akin to this, I also believe in the philosophy of lynching any one that's hindering the town, regardless of their role. Things like keeping the translation to himself and this:

FHRSXNRHOKTTI-TADLBEYESOOSC,GHELEOOMTHLNDEG.WCRCTAIWARETCMPONROE OALHUTAAEAHSRWHHELWOOSSUMOEMHNNSMOTIIEE.YNSLPITEOR .OUDAHMHFLTCIAIPEEROEKESNTROEEFLIKAPEE,CEFAEFEDHBP V""TMIMRWCAITTRLOWEIOIESRAENSOIINAOHLSR

make me think he's working against the town's interests. What is with that, anyways?

3) Lastly, to everyone: In a game this large, meeting lynch quotas is tough. If you wait until the last hours to vote, you're wrong. Your vote is your weapon. Use it early, use it often.

Vote: Drixx

Right. I try to respond and say stuff, but every time I do, 15 more posts appear and I want to read those, and it just goes on and on. So I'm going to just shotgun my thoughts and ya'll can be damned if they make any sense.

1) I am not a doctor, and I doubt I was doctor saved. I know who my attacker's character is, but not who the player was. Jonas Cobb, the Pier to Pier killer. I remember that Goryani touched on this a while ago, about mid way through day 1.

2) My #1 lynch target is Drixx. Zemaj is a very close #2. I don't believe in "too scummy to be scum" arguments, and Drixx is coming across very scummy.

Akin to this, I also believe in the philosophy of lynching any one that's hindering the town, regardless of their role. Things like keeping the translation to himself and this:

make me think he's working against the town's interests. What is with that, anyways?

3) Lastly, to everyone: In a game this large, meeting lynch quotas is tough. If you wait until the last hours to vote, you're wrong. Your vote is your weapon. Use it early, use it often.

Lynching me will not improve the towns odds.

As for my code, it's really a very simple encryption taught basically the first week of any class you take on the subject.

You obviously didn't read my posts very carefully because I explained during the last day that I hadn't fully caught up with the thread when I originally read the garbled post and found the translator. By the time I did catch up with the thread, it had already been shared, which I felt was maybe not the best thing we could have done.

While it's true I would not personally have handed out a link to a translator, that's a pretty lame reason to suspect me, especially since I explained my thought process, and the fact that said thought process didn't go a whole lot further because it became moot... the cat was out of the bag.

I do agree that people should vote; however, be careful. With the number of votes it takes to do a lynch, and the fact that hitting that mark automatically lynches the person in question no matter what, it will be very easy for anti-town to pile on and get someone innocent lynched.

It would be far better if everyone made sure to be here for the last hour to ensure they vote and at least someone gets lynched. I completely disagree with the necessity of getting a lynch done "early" and in fact the more I think about it, the more scummy it seems.

Especially since you were targeted by an "in character" serial killer from the show. It's quite possible that the "wounded" people aren't being wounded by the anti-town at all, but rather part of the game is a random selection of the living players for one to be targeted by a "NPC" ... in which case you could easily be anti-town.

Furthermore, even if the wounding is a targeted thing, you could STILL be anti-town. A fantastic way to hide a wolf among the sheep. Poor guy gets wounded and can't participate on day one, and as soon as he does show up he piles on someone with suspect logic in his post.

Hrm.

unvote: zemaj

vote: caluin graye

Suggesting we should early lynch just sets off alarm bells to me.

My previous post was a bit of a WOT, so I wanted to address this specific point by itself. This is a very anti-town statement. Because the rules say once a person hits X votes they are locked in as the lynch for the day, voting (and subsequently lynching) early robs the town of the ability to observe people's posts and voting habits.

The more I read this, the more you seem either very foolish or very anti-town.

Jonas Cobb, the Pier to Pier killer.

I just got NCIS schooled. Port to Port killer.

Drixx said:
It would be far better if everyone made sure to be here for the last hour to ensure they vote and at least someone gets lynched. I completely disagree with the necessity of getting a lynch done "early" and in fact the more I think about it, the more scummy it seems.

I didn't say lynch early, please don't put words in my mouth. I said vote early. You don't know if you'll be around for the deadline, and not everyone's schedule allows for it.

Considering that you were one of the first people to vote today, I find it odd that you disagree with me.

Additionally, blatant OMGUS vote is blatant. You come off of zemaj, the second scummiest person in this game so far, to vote for a guy with one post who just happened to point the finger at you, citing some made up conjecture to justify your switch.

Yeah, that's town's best interests at heart.

Drixx said:
As for my code, it's really a very simple encryption taught basically the first week of any class you take on the subject.

So you assume we've all taken classes on cryptology now? Or are you trying to pass notes to your scum buddies during the day? Instead of trying to go all subterfuge, why not just speak plainly and talk to the town like a normal person? Why the hoops?

I also sense some strange connection between you and Val's post restriction. I find it strange that you posted that code before Val posted today, revealing his restriction, as well as you being one of the first to recognize flub's Al Bhed restriction.

V2UxMSwgdDFzIHp1Y3Mu

V2F0IHRxIGRxPw==

ZWZmZWN0IGFic2VkdA==

Both posts end in == and I don't see any spaces, unless you've spoken only 3 words thus far.

I got another idea. In your next post, say:

The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.

^.^ mwuahaha

ok, nvm, seems like Drixx and his awesome deciphering awesomeness already cracked the code >.>

I just got NCIS schooled. Port to Port killer.

I didn't say lynch early, please don't put words in my mouth. I said vote early. You don't know if you'll be around for the deadline, and not everyone's schedule allows for it.

Considering that you were one of the first people to vote today, I find it odd that you disagree with me.

Additionally, blatant OMGUS vote is blatant. You come off of zemaj, the second scummiest person in this game so far, to vote for a guy with one post who just happened to point the finger at you, citing some made up conjecture to justify your switch.

Yeah, that's town's best interests at heart.

So you assume we've all taken classes on cryptology now? Or are you trying to pass notes to your scum buddies during the day? Instead of trying to go all subterfuge, why not just speak plainly and talk to the town like a normal person? Why the hoops?

I also sense some strange connection between you and Val's post restriction. I find it strange that you posted that code before Val posted today, revealing his restriction, as well as you being one of the first to recognize flub's Al Bhed restriction.

I'm not down with the lingo. OMGUS?

I happen to have worked in IT Security and my first degree was in cryptography, so there is a certain appeal whenever I see a puzzle like that. As far as my own message, it is a very simple cypher that was invented a couple thousand years ago :)

As far as voting for you, you set off alarm bells and there's no faster way to get a reaction from someone than to vote for them. You still haven't adequately explained why you want to rush into lynching. You claim that I'm just putting words in your mouth, but you didn't actually deny that you want to lynch early and the post you made inevitably has as its outcome early lynches if people follow your demands.

So let me get this straight Drixx. You are trying to convince us that you setting up your own frame job is the least likely scenario with you, yet in the same breath you are accusing CG of basically the same thing. And you don't see a problem with this? And the retaliatory vote on CG is exactly the thing that you and everyone else harped on with zemaj!

Looks like we've nabbed us two mafia for the price of one guys!

anyways, bed time. I've already stayed up way later than I intended. Work comes early and all that jazz.

ok, nvm, seems like Drixx and his awesome deciphering awesomeness already cracked the code >.>

It's kind of funny. I hated working in computer security. All my teen years growing up I thought for sure it would be my passion. I even went to a special high school pilot program for computer science (and in fact had my first 12 computer science credits done before graduating high school)... but once I got into the job I just loathed it. It sucked away all my passion for computers and it got to the point where I couldn't stand to look at a keyboard.

But, what I've gotten into now makes good use of the previous training, because in a way translating ancient texts is an awful lot like making and breaking codes.

Besides, even if in the unlikely event that people vote for a person enough that the scum team can "swoop in and turbo the lynch early", then that means...

A) Enough townies agreed the person was worth getting rid off, and

B) Gee, I wonder who the scum is. I've said before that sacrificing a townie to nab a scum is usually a good trade for the town, and I stand by that. As a man who likes statistics, you should see the merit in this.

Preview edit -

Drixx said:
I happen to have worked in IT Security and my first degree was in cryptography, so there is a certain appeal whenever I see a puzzle like that. As far as my own message, it is a very simple cypher that was invented a couple thousand years ago

That's awesome. No sarcasm. But I have to ask - what does that have to do with you dropping encrypted text into your posts? Why do you expect all of us to magically know what you're going on about?

Drixx said:
I'm not down with the lingo. OMGUS?

Stands for "Oh my God, you suck." Basically a revenge vote. Typically associated with scum behaviour. Instead of building or compounding upon a case on someone you already deem scummy, you instead defend yourself by attacking the person attacking you.

So let me get this straight Drixx. You are trying to convince us that you setting up your own frame job is the least likely scenario with you, yet in the same breath you are accusing CG of basically the same thing. And you don't see a problem with this? And the retaliatory vote on CG is exactly the thing that you and everyone else harped on with zemaj!

Looks like we've nabbed us two mafia for the price of one guys!

Not basically the same thing at all. I said that either he could have been injured by a non player (part of the game) and therefore could be any role, or if the injuring party is a player, he could still be anti-town as a long con.

Since I've not been injured or post restricted, I'm not really sure how that compares at all.

Finally, we're harping on zemaj because he never came back to defend himself.

Also, a question to the moderator. [highlight]Gorny, will lynched people have their roles revealed?[/highlight]

Besides, even if in the unlikely event that people vote for a person enough that the scum team can "swoop in and turbo the lynch early", then that means...

A) Enough townies agreed the person was worth getting rid off, and

B) Gee, I wonder who the scum is. I've said before that sacrificing a townie to nab a scum is usually a good trade for the town, and I stand by that. As a man who likes statistics, you should see the merit in this.

Preview edit -

That's awesome. No sarcasm. But I have to ask - what does that have to do with you dropping encrypted text into your posts? Why do you expect all of us to magically know what you're going on about?

Stands for "Oh my God, you suck." Basically a revenge vote. Typically associated with scum behaviour. Instead of building or compounding upon a case on someone you already deem scummy, you instead defend yourself by attacking the person attacking you.

I merely want to see how you will defend yourself. So far, you're doing a good job of changing the subject and not addressing the thing I found suspicious about your post.

As far as my encrypted text, I'm very much hoping whomever has the "sheriff" ability will decipher it and do as I ask. Ideally only that person will figure it out. I've certainly given enough clues :)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High