Witch Hunt: The NCIS Haloween Forum Mafia Thread

Re: Witch Hunt: The NCIS Haloween Forum Mafia Thread

Right. I try to respond and say stuff, but every time I do, 15 more posts appear and I want to read those, and it just goes on and on. So I'm going to just shotgun my thoughts and ya'll can be damned if they make any sense.

1) I am not a doctor, and I doubt I was doctor saved. I know who my attacker's character is, but not who the player was. Jonas Cobb, the Pier to Pier killer. I remember that Goryani touched on this a while ago, about mid way through day 1.

I also missed this in my first batch of quotes. I find this part confusing. So you know you were targeted by the Pier to Pier killer, Mr. Cobb. It makes it sound like he would be a SK. Or do you think he is a mafia hitman?

Goryani - Where did you get this Pier to Pier killer from in post 70? I don't remember it being mentioned in anything before that.

Also form the preview: Drixx - the bigger games I have seen on this site tend to have 2 mafia factions or a serial killer + a mafia faction. Had you not seen this before? Maybe I misread, but I thought you had played mafia online a significant amount before.

Cough. Port to Port. Not Pier to Pier.

I also missed this in my first batch of quotes. I find this part confusing. So you know you were targeted by the Pier to Pier killer, Mr. Cobb. It makes it sound like he would be a SK. Or do you think he is a mafia hitman?

Goryani - Where did you get this Pier to Pier killer from in post 70? I don't remember it being mentioned in anything before that.

Also form the preview: Drixx - the bigger games I have seen on this site tend to have 2 mafia factions or a serial killer + a mafia faction. Had you not seen this before? Maybe I misread, but I thought you had played mafia online a significant amount before.

I played on this site back in '08 for a few rounds. Apart from that I play live (usually with very simple roles) and I play live fast games on IRC frequently.

Well, I missed the part where Sathoris changed his mind about me. That changes things a bit. He decided that I was townie and then gets targeted at night?

Care to explain this one? How do things change? And how is him deciding you are town and getting targeted at night related?

You said you would place money on it. I called your bluff and now you're hiding behind a "blanket rule" against something I've never heard of. Seems to me that you are quite a lot less sure than your bravado suggested.

Are... are you for real? You take a well known turn-of-phrase, take it far too literally, and then claim I'm a coward because I refuse toxx the game? Not to mention the fact that nobody in their right mind would bet a ludicrous sum on money on the outcome of a lynch in a forum game.

Stuff like this right here is why I say you're harmful to the town.

(Toxxing, by the way, is when you use real life consequences for in game events. It never ends well when you do that.)

And again I ask you. Who made [highlight]you[/highlight] the sole arbiter of what is a valid town strategy or not?

Why must my opinion be the end all, be all of the town? Why can't other townies make up their own minds on the subject and vote accordingly?

Preview edit (dang this moves fast, even this late!) -

Gwasomething said:

Port to Port.

I know nothing other than the name of the guy who attacked me. I looked him up on the NCIS wiki, but didn't get much out of that since I don't really follow the show. If I had to guess, he sounds like a serial killer, but isn't NCIS pretty much made up of serial killers? Maybe the mafia team is just serial killers from the show. Can't say for sure until I see a role flip for him.

Gwasomething said:

Check the link Goryani posted in the same post. The first link in his 'scalpel' search leads to a page that mentions the P2P killer, which is short for Port to Port.

(Apologies if I stepped on your toes, Goryani, but figured while I was here...)

Care to explain this one? How do things change? And how is him deciding you are town and getting targeted at night related?

I thought he was still against me. So, him being attacked could be viewed as retaliation by me. But now, since it actually is the case that he decided I was okay after all, that changes things.

Why must my opinion be the end all, be all of the town? Why can't other townies make up their own minds on the subject and vote accordingly?

Of course I wouldn't seriously bet on a forum game. But you are the one who made the ridiculous "I'd bet money on it" comment which needed to be challenged. Don't introduce silliness into the game and then try to make me bad for calling you on it.

And I'm the one who asked why you thought your opinion was the end all, be all. You said that I was "certainly" not good for the town. You took it upon yourself to claim your opinion was fact. I simply asked you on what basis you made the claim.

You keep dodging my very simple questions, and I can't figure out an innocent reason why you would do so.

@boogyman19946, I see what you're getting at though. It's irrelevant whether he supported me or not since if I was mafia and I thought he was against me I might be inclined to "retaliate".

What it does change is the "frame" conjecture on my part. Which makes me wonder why the mafia targeted whom they did. Any thoughts on that?

Cough. Port to Port. Not Pier to Pier.

Are... are you for real? You take a well known turn-of-phrase, take it far too literally, and then claim I'm a coward because I refuse toxx the game? Not to mention the fact that nobody in their right mind would bet a ludicrous sum on money on the outcome of a lynch in a forum game.

Stuff like this right here is why I say you're harmful to the town.

(Toxxing, by the way, is when you use real life consequences for in game events. It never ends well when you do that.)

Preview edit (dang this moves fast, even this late!) -

Port to Port.

I know nothing other than the name of the guy who attacked me. I looked him up on the NCIS wiki, but didn't get much out of that since I don't really follow the show. If I had to guess, he sounds like a serial killer, but isn't NCIS pretty much made up of serial killers? Maybe the mafia team is just serial killers from the show. Can't say for sure until I see a role flip for him.

Check the link Goryani posted in the same post. The first link in his 'scalpel' search leads to a page that mentions the P2P killer, which is short for Port to Port.

(Apologies if I stepped on your toes, Goryani, but figured while I was here...)

Thanks for the correction Gorny, and thanks for clearing up my confusion Caluin Graye. And also thanks for doing the detective work I should have done, I went back to the post to see what Goryani had said, but missed the link.

Finally, lol at Gwasomething.

Of course I wouldn't seriously bet on a forum game. But you are the one who made the ridiculous "I'd bet money on it" comment which needed to be challenged. Don't introduce silliness into the game and then try to make me bad for calling you on it.

So I'm not allowed to use a very common expression to voice my thoughts, yet you're allowed to post encrypted messages for a very specific person that nobody else knows.

Ok. Got it.

Get lynched, scumbo.

You keep dodging my very simple questions, and I can't figure out an innocent reason why you would do so.

I've answered your questions. Either you can't see the answers, they're not good enough for you, or you're being intentionally obtuse. I'm finished arguing with you for now, since I don't want others to come into the thread to see 100 new posts of just you and me bickering. I've said my piece, you've said yours, now let's allow others to voice their thoughts and present new cases.

Drivel and namecalling.

Interesting that you have now resorted to namecalling. I have asked you several times by what metric you accuse me of "certainly" being an anti-townie, and you have yet to answer the question. If you had answered it, you would be able to quote your answer. Instead you make vague references to having already answered.

You know, if Gorny would assure me that my status as a vanilla townie would be revealed if I were to be lynched, I'd almost welcome it so that these poorly presented arguments against me could be sifted through after the fact and the real anti-town folks brought to justice.

Resorting to ad hominem attacks is generally a sure sign that one doesn't actually have a logical argument.

The story between Ziva and Tony seems like it's just a good story. It was in the same episode as the liquid nitrogen murder and fits with all the dentistry talk.

I'm not quite familiar with all the mafia game stuff, but does Sathoris getting knocked unconscious mean we have the alleged dentist role in the game?

Maybe Sathoris had cleaner teeth and didn't weqwiuh a woot canaw.

Was Sathoris targeted by a kill and protected or maybe it was just a roleblock? Though I guess a kill is more likely since his name was used.

A doc save/protection seems to be stretching plausibility. Three saves out of four apparent attempts is not likely.

A roleblock is plausible, but what of CG's incident yesterday? They both name names and cause someone to appear on the wounded list. There is a good chance they are results of the same ability. I wouldn't classify CG the victim of a roleblock. If anything, I'd call it a successful jailkeep, whereby CG was saved. This implies Sathoris wasn't saved and not targeted by a NK. This implies two kill attempts N1 with two saves and one kill attempt last night with no apparent saves.

Aside from one fewer kill attempt last night, it's a decent theory. What do you think Sathoris? Did you get roleblocked last night?

YOU were annoyed?!?!? Not only did I have to be garbled and quote in Al Bhed I got to be IGNORED!!!! because....well, because I had nothing relevant to say I guess.

Add anything you think is relevant but especially about the restriction. Did you feel that someone would be able to translate you? Do you feel that someone will be able to translate Valhauros? If yes to either, and most importantly, do you feel that the translator you feel existed was pro-town?

Valhauros, same questions. Until we get you translated we might need to come up with something else. Post one line for yes. Two lines for no.

On another note; I see Bad Ash voted for Drixx, and Sathoris was savagely poking Drixx earlier in the day one happy fun times. Sooooooo I'm wondering if those could be the tactics the bad guys could be using to fuel our day two tirades/pissing matches.

Any opinions???

You assume both actions were directed by the same faction or that both factions had the same idea.

Assuming both actions were directed by the same faction...

Sathoris later recanted suspicion of Drixx. I don't think that half of the tactics is correct.

Anytime I see Bad Ash killed, I think about Noodle. Not so much Noodle as the killer, but as who wants to frame Noodle for killing Bad Ash. Not many know about that connection though. They have been slacking of late.

My second thought regarding Bad Ash is that he didn't seem to be a good target for a doc save. Maybe the mafia targeted someone with a lower profile to increase chances of success.

Assuming two factions had the same idea...

That gets into a whole other set of circumstances, like why not two apparent kill attempts last night. If both factions wanted to get rid of Drixx via lynch, I'm surprised neither took the more direct approach and didn't just night kill him.

@boogyman19946, I see what you're getting at though. It's irrelevant whether he supported me or not since if I was mafia and I thought he was against me I might be inclined to "retaliate".

What it does change is the "frame" conjecture on my part. Which makes me wonder why the mafia targeted whom they did. Any thoughts on that?

I haven't thought much about the results of the night actions. I've been more focused on what was going on at hand. I can't quite put my hand on why Sathoris would have been silenced. I'm sure when he comes back he'll be pointing fingers at me rather in a hurry.

When you say "mafia targeted whom they did," are you talking about Bad Ash or Sathoris?

Okay Drixx is town, but Boogy and malov are still scum. Cops and vigs, get 'em.

sorry but where on earth is this coming from?

God you guys post fast, by the time i have read all this and typed it there will be 10 new posts!

I believe Sathoris is not silenced o.o

Either way, I'm going to bed. I probably won't be able to post for the next 14-16 hours or so. Don't post too fast XD I really hate reading large amounts of fairly lengthy posts.

He's not silenced, and I also have to get some sleep. Class in 7 hours :(

it says he was attacked though doesn't it?

The summary page is very clear that he may post/vote today. And now that I've finished my drink, I bid thee adieu.

Obviously both sides can be argued, but having played this game many times, I would like to point out that it's a much safer defense to be able to say "If I were anti-town, why would I let my most vocal attackers stay alive?" instead of "Hrm, the people I was speaking against and who spoke against me were attacked, but I swear I had nothing to do with it!"

Just think through both sides of it, and I trust that if you have the town's best interest in mind, you will arrive at a conclusion favorable to me.

Code:
FHRSXNRHOKTTI-TADLBEYESOOSC,GHELEOOMTHLNDEG.WCRCTAIWARETCMPONROEOALHUTAAEAHSRWHHELWOOSSUMOEMHNNSMOTIIEE.YNSLPITEOR.OUDAHMHFLTCIAIPEEROEKESNTROEEFLIKAPEE,CEFAEFEDHBPV""TMIMRWCAITTRLOWEIOIESRAENSOIINAOHLSR

People that say "If I were anti-town...." are often anti-town in the first place.

And now for a direct question: Drixx, did your role give you the ability to translate flubbucket yesterday. Does your role give you the ability to translate Valhauros today? Ignore any IT, cryptography, translation of ancient text, or other real life experience.

Right. I try to respond and say stuff, but every time I do, 15 more posts appear and I want to read those, and it just goes on and on. So I'm going to just shotgun my thoughts and ya'll can be damned if they make any sense.

I think my posts happen 3-4 pages after what I'm talking about happens. It's like talking in laggy D2 games.

I know who my attacker's character is, but not who the player was. Jonas Cobb, the Pier to Pier killer. I remember that Goryani touched on this a while ago, about mid way through day 1.

Learning the ID of your attacker is a bit unusual. Normally I'd assume Cobb is a serial killer, but mafia comprised of a number of serial killers isn't out of the realm of possibility. Here's hoping the theory crafting doesn't go too wild.

Also, a question to the moderator. [highlight]Gorny, will lynched people have their roles revealed?[/highlight]

Most of the time in our games. To be more specific, I think there were two games this didn't happen. One was last game. One game might have just said pro-town or anti-town but not roles. I'm hazy on the last one.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High