Witch Hunt: The NCIS Haloween Forum Mafia Thread

Re: Witch Hunt: The NCIS Haloween Forum Mafia Thread

@boogyman19946, I see what you're getting at though. It's irrelevant whether he supported me or not since if I was mafia and I thought he was against me I might be inclined to "retaliate".

What it does change is the "frame" conjecture on my part. Which makes me wonder why the mafia targeted whom they did. Any thoughts on that?

Well there's post #291...Rehash anyone???

Add anything you think is relevant but especially about the restriction. Did you feel that someone would be able to translate you? Do you feel that someone will be able to translate Valhauros? If yes to either, and most importantly, do you feel that the translator you feel existed was pro-town?

Valhauros, same questions. Until we get you translated we might need to come up with something else. Post one line for yes. Two lines for no.

You assume both actions were directed by the same faction or that both factions had the same idea.

Assuming both actions were directed by the same faction...

Sathoris later recanted suspicion of Drixx. I don't think that half of the tactics is correct.

Anytime I see Bad Ash killed, I think about Noodle. Not so much Noodle as the killer, but as who wants to frame Noodle for killing Bad Ash. Not many know about that connection though. They have been slacking of late.

My second thought regarding Bad Ash is that he didn't seem to be a good target for a doc save. Maybe the mafia targeted someone with a lower profile to increase chances of success.

Assuming two factions had the same idea...

That gets into a whole other set of circumstances, like why not two apparent kill attempts last night. If both factions wanted to get rid of Drixx via lynch, I'm surprised neither took the more direct approach and didn't just night kill him.

Post #313 gives the clicky for decoding Vals gobbledy gook.

As for me, it was merely a restriction at the whim of the sadist in charge of this funfest. I follow your Noodle/Bad Ash connection, however the relevance is thin given how little interaction either of them has had in the game thus far.

My view of factions include rogue FBI and CIA as well as the Mossad, so we have plenty of room to include chaotic hoo doo

(This just in, a massive and unexpected hurricane just struck California. Weather forecasters had not choice but naming it Hurricane Gorny. This just in, it actually wins the title for "Most characters killed by mod-kill." Just happenstance the mod for the game and the name of the hurricane were the same... :hmm:)

It feels the discussions in the thread about this game might soon take place....

Bed does sound nice. ttfn.

I honestly don't get a scum feel from Drixx anymore. He slipped up in the beginning, and despite having a different way of posting than most of us (apparently that's a scum sign), he doesn't seem like scum. That he could've posted differently to work better in the towns favor is something else though. @Drixx: Maybe take some of the criticism to heart?

Also as far as the OMGUS post, he explained his reasoning for it in D1, do we really need to have another round of this in D2? It was clearly to put pressure back on the accuser to spur conversation. Unless y'all see some ulterior (correct word?) motives with his posts and retaliatory votes.

Aside from one fewer kill attempt last night, it's a decent theory. What do you think Sathoris? Did you get roleblocked last night?

Maybe I'm wrong, but in the previous games I played, fishing for roles, especially this early was always regarded as a scum sign. Care to explain the reasoning behind this post? As far as I recall, his vote counted (which isn't affected by role block either way), and unless he has a power role, he won't know if he was blocked or not.

Just to clarify my last post. A different way of posting=different views on how to play the game. At least in some ways.

long thread is long.

had a skin. will go back through in a few hours and make some conjecture.

It's kind of funny. I hated working in computer security. All my teen years growing up I thought for sure it would be my passion. I even went to a special high school pilot program for computer science (and in fact had my first 12 computer science credits done before graduating high school)... but once I got into the job I just loathed it. It sucked away all my passion for computers and it got to the point where I couldn't stand to look at a keyboard.

But, what I've gotten into now makes good use of the previous training, because in a way translating ancient texts is an awful lot like making and breaking codes.

Totally outside of the game, your job experiences sound awesome. In a weird way. :)

Sorry, a blanket rule against toxxing was laid down a few games ago.

Also outside of the game, but are you an SA Goon or has the term toxxxing just spread so widely? :)

Now, as for todays events; I'm not feeling too strong anti-town vibes from Drixx. For someone as experienced as him the things that he's said can't be accounted for as slip-ups or mistakes, they have a point, and I believe his role claim.

Zemaj, on the other hand, is slipping through. He STOPPED POSTING yesterday after he was pressured, and is yet to return.

Vote: Zemaj

Also, the NK target(s) were rather peculiar. Not the ones I'd chosen tbh... Unless the ones I would've picked are mafia? What do you think about it, Noodle? You took your opportunity to gloat over BA's demise knowing that it'd get ignored based on your past, but I think there's more to it than meets the eye...

Oh forgot to vote as well lol. Zemaj did slip under the radar, and it he still feels scummy to me.

Goryani - Where did you get this Pier to Pier killer from in post 70? I don't remember it being mentioned in anything before that.

Check the link Goryani posted in the same post. The first link in his 'scalpel' search leads to a page that mentions the P2P killer, which is short for Port to Port.

(Apologies if I stepped on your toes, Goryani, but figured while I was here...)

What he said. No worries CG. Less typing for me!

Maybe I'm wrong, but in the previous games I played, fishing for roles, especially this early was always regarded as a scum sign. Care to explain the reasoning behind this post? As far as I recall, his vote counted (which isn't affected by role block either way), and unless he has a power role, he won't know if he was blocked or not.

If Sathoris has been jailkept on a night with one fewer night kill by a role that might have jailkept Caluin Graye, then it's possible Sathoris was either blocked from killing or saved from a killer. Given the other elements of the stories, I'd make the assumption that Sathoris was blocked rather than saved. Follow the blocker sounds like a pretty good idea most of the time so I'm walking down that path. Uncertainty abounds in all the assumptions, hence no vote yet, but I'm going to ask questions about it.

Why is everyone letting Noodle off so easily?! He has posted squatty watty doodle along with sooooo many others and Ankeli you gently ask him ....hey?

I'm cornfused at this :scratchhead:

Why is everyone letting Noodle off so easily?! He has posted squatty watty doodle along with sooooo many others and Ankeli you gently ask him ....hey?

I'm cornfused at this :scratchhead:

I'm engaged in my tunnel vision mode, I must rid of zenaj before I can focus properly on Noodle. That, and Noodle really hasn't given anything to use thus far. It's the reason why I'm, par any revealing events going to vote for him after zenaj's been put 6 feet under with Mamma and Pappa DiFanelli.

Rules of engagement: one, whoever sees the other person first is the winner; two, whoever gets seen first is toast.
Atm i'm looking at zemaj and drixx as my main suspects.
zemaj - i would like to hear from again to see why he vanished and what his answers are.
drixx- i understand where he is trying to place his reasoning, but it makes no sense to me.

I honestly don't get a scum feel from Drixx anymore. He slipped up in the beginning, and despite having a different way of posting than most of us (apparently that's a scum sign), he doesn't seem like scum. That he could've posted differently to work better in the towns favor is something else though. @Drixx: Maybe take some of the criticism to heart?

Agreed, Drixx seems all over the place but I get the feel it's due to his game-style and not his role.

If Sathoris has been jailkept on a night with one fewer night kill by a role that might have jailkept Caluin Graye, then it's possible Sathoris was either blocked from killing or saved from a killer. Given the other elements of the stories, I'd make the assumption that Sathoris was blocked rather than saved. Follow the blocker sounds like a pretty good idea most of the time so I'm walking down that path. Uncertainty abounds in all the assumptions, hence no vote yet, but I'm going to ask questions about it.

1- You're making far too many assumptions to build a solid scenario.
2- You can always count on Gman's games to have some unique roles and mechanics. Specifically, in this game the whole wounded/recovered thing probably works differently than we think.

Zemaj, on the other hand, is slipping through. He STOPPED POSTING yesterday after he was pressured, and is yet to return.

Way I see it, he should've been lynched yesterday. No reason not to go ahead with it.

Ten pages in eight hours? Are you kidding me? This is the most active game I've played in ages, and it's great. I'll read through all the posts in more detail when I'm free later on today.

Anyway for now; had time to read the first 4 or 5 new pages.

#1: Flub: You can talk? :) Any idea why, did you get hit with a tempory ability?

Drixx's OMGUS move on caliun on post 310 just increases his blip on my scum-dar. That and he assure's he's a good guy a little too often.

Vote: Drixx

@Mod: An updated vote count possible when you have time?

Ten pages in eight hours? Are you kidding me? This is the most active game I've played in ages, and it's great. I'll read through all the posts in more detail when I'm free later on today.

#1: Flub: You can talk? :) Any idea why, did you get hit with a tempory ability?

Drixx's OMGUS move on caliun on post 310 just increases his blip on my scum-dar. That and he assure's he's a good guy a little too often.

If you're basing your vote on that, howcome you're letting the first person to do so slip past unnoticed? Perhaps you should be added to the line after Zemaj and Noodle?

I see a lot of fluff here and some intentional ignorance, as I've already explained my counter-vote reasoning.

unvote: Caluin Graye

vote: Zemaj

Who's the first person to do that? It's possible I could of overlooked it.

And obviously Rlyeh hasn't actually read the thread very carefully. The question #1 basically makes it obvious to anyone paying attention that he hasn't even really skimmed it very much.

This post seems to be a "let me say a bunch of safe things and then sneak a vote in" kind of post.

Did you even read the top of my post? I've read the first 5 new pages only, I don't have time right now to read through 11 pages that appeared in 8 hours. Also in the time it took you to say I haven't skimmed it well you could of put a post reference to where the answer is.

Rest assured when I get back home at midnight tonight, I'm going to go through it with a fine tooth comb.

And I voted for you for the same reasons I suspected you yesterday.

You beleive that you dying is the worst for the town.
You're agressive to anyone who challanges you.
You assert your a "good guy" a bit too often.

If you're basing your vote on that, howcome you're letting the first person to do so slip past unnoticed? Perhaps you should be added to the line after Zemaj and Noodle?

Ank, this sounds like you're threatening to vote for me if I don't join your bandwagon.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High