Witch Hunt: The NCIS Haloween Forum Mafia Thread

Re: Witch Hunt: The NCIS Haloween Forum Mafia Thread

In addition to Drixx's question, will people who role claim before being lynched have their roles confirmed with the lynch?

Also, a question to the moderator. [highlight]Gorny, will lynched people have their roles revealed?[/highlight]

You'll have to wait and see.

In addition to Drixx's question, will people who role claim before being lynched have their roles confirmed with the lynch?

You'll have to wait and see also.

I merely want to see how you will defend yourself. So far, you're doing a good job of changing the subject and not addressing the thing I found suspicious about your post.

I've addressed it. Either you didn't see it, or the explanation wasn't good enough for you. In either case, I won't bother repeating myself.

You may not be mafia, but you're certainly not working in the town's interests, therefore you're a good lynch candidate. I'd still put money down that you're mafia.

No, I'm suggesting that I'm eating popcorn.

You'll have to wait and see.

You'll have to wait and see also.

That's quite mean.

In my experience, there is usually a vocal townie who is culled from the game early. Unless I very much misread the current of the game right now, I am very likely to be that person. It would be quite unfortunate if I were to be lynched and my status to remain in doubt.

To the rest of my fellow players. Do not let people get away with voting without giving clear reasons. Already one has voted for me today without really saying anything. Instead, he has hidden behind someone else's posts and if I were to be lynched might therefore escape notice as people re-read the thread.

The only power we have as townies is to lynch and hold people accountable for their words and their votes. If we allow people to vote without reason, we rob ourselves of the data needed for our lynches to be anything more than random guesses.

I've addressed it. Either you didn't see it, or the explanation wasn't good enough for you. In either case, I won't bother repeating myself.

You may not be mafia, but you're certainly not working in the town's interests, therefore you're a good lynch candidate. I'd still put money down that you're mafia.

Again you make an accusation without backing it up with anything. You claim that I'm "certainly" not working in the town's interests. By what metric do you make this claim? Do you take it upon yourself to be the sole arbiter of strategy?

The more posts you make, the more sure I am of my vote.

As for money, how does $100 sound? Or was that just a bluff?

That's quite mean.

In my experience, there is usually a vocal townie who is culled from the game early. Unless I very much misread the current of the game right now, I am very likely to be that person. It would be quite unfortunate if I were to be lynched and my status to remain in doubt.

To the rest of my fellow players. Do not let people get away with voting without giving clear reasons. Already one has voted for me today without really saying anything. Instead, he has hidden behind someone else's posts and if I were to be lynched might therefore escape notice as people re-read the thread.

The only power we have as townies is to lynch and hold people accountable for their words and their votes. If we allow people to vote without reason, we rob ourselves of the data needed for our lynches to be anything more than random guesses.

Not all games are the same, and if I went ahead and gave a specific yes or no, I could end up also revealing things that I don't want revealed to those alive.

Have no fear, I'v thought things out ahead of time.

I have a weird feeling that you're under a posting restriction... unless you really do speak like a preacher all day erryday.

I wouldn't say Caluin made an attack on you completely off base. I think he actually had quite a good few points, but you're trying to meddle around by nitpicking his statements and twisting words in your favor.

The more posts you make, the more clear you it is that you don't have a solid defense against what you've been accused of.

You've hit quite a few bases to confuse others such. Speaking of that code you gave, you've said that, ideally, the cop should be the one to decipher it, but what are the chances that he will be the only one to decipher it? Now that you mentioned the reason for posting the said code, the mafia will be much more determined to decipher it themselves, and there are multiple of them, and only one cop. Either way, that code really helped no one, but just confused people. You're either mafia, or a very very bad strategist.

Not all games are the same, and if I went ahead and gave a specific yes or no, I could end up also revealing things that I don't want revealed to those alive.

Have no fear, I'v thought things out ahead of time.

I have faith in you :)

As for money, how does $100 sound? Or was that just a bluff?

Sorry, a blanket rule against toxxing was laid down a few games ago.

That, and I don't take money from the mafia. They tend to want it back with interest down the road.

The more posts you make, the more clear you it is that you don't have a solid defense against what you've been accused of.

I'm accused of being anti-town in a game which has as its win condition the elimination of one side or the other. What defense do you suggest is mountable against such an accusation? I submit that if there were such an airtight defense, then the game would be impossible to play.

There is no defense, and even if I made such a great post that it was a successful defense, the odds say that at least one anti-town has been posting against me, and there would be no convincing them to stop.

Sorry, a blanket rule against toxxing was laid down a few games ago.

That, and I don't take money from the mafia. They tend to want it back with interest down the road.

You said you would place money on it. I called your bluff and now you're hiding behind a "blanket rule" against something I've never heard of. Seems to me that you are quite a lot less sure than your bravado suggested.

And again I ask you. Who made [highlight]you[/highlight] the sole arbiter of what is a valid town strategy or not?

That's quite mean...

So you've met Gorny...

Y'know I cracked Val's restriction straight away but I was keeping the info to myself just in case there were Mafia in this game :whistling:

My concern with the wall of information you are pooping out now Drixx is make sure it is succinct and not simply an effort to defend yourself. Wouldn't want something important to get lost simply because it was too long didn't read :wink:

Not basically the same thing at all. I said that either he could have been injured by a non player (part of the game) and therefore could be any role, or if the injuring party is a player, he could still be anti-town as a long con.

Since I've not been injured or post restricted, I'm not really sure how that compares at all.

Finally, we're harping on zemaj because he never came back to defend himself.

Also, a question to the moderator. [highlight]Gorny, will lynched people have their roles revealed?[/highlight]

Seems odd that you leave out what I would think would be the most likely story - one anti-town faction caught another. One doing the wounding, another doing the killing maybe? Which would mean our doc has been doing well, stopping a kill the first night and a maim the second night. But that puts you on what team according to your logic? The one that put CG in the hospital?

Also, see rule 17 for Gornys stance on reveals.

I merely want to see how you will defend yourself. So far, you're doing a good job of changing the subject and not addressing the thing I found suspicious about your post.

As far as my encrypted text, I'm very much hoping whomever has the "sheriff" ability will decipher it and do as I ask. Ideally only that person will figure it out. I've certainly given enough clues :)

I have a weird feeling that you're under a posting restriction... unless you really do speak like a preacher all day erryday.

I wouldn't say Caluin made an attack on you completely off base. I think he actually had quite a good few points, but you're trying to meddle around by nitpicking his statements and twisting words in your favor.

You've hit quite a few bases to confuse others such. Speaking of that code you gave, you've said that, ideally, the cop should be the one to decipher it, but what are the chances that he will be the only one to decipher it? Now that you mentioned the reason for posting the said code, the mafia will be much more determined to decipher it themselves, and there are multiple of them, and only one cop. Either way, that code really helped no one, but just confused people. You're either mafia, or a very very bad strategist.

I agree with Boogy here. This seems confusing to the town, and a sheriff working on his own would be much less likely to know what it says than one of however many mafia we have. And then once night rolls around the whole mafia will know how to decode it while the sheriff will be stuck.

I still want zemaj to speak up, but until I see something else:

Vote: Drixx

So you've met Gorny...

Y'know I cracked Val's restriction straight away but I was keeping the info to myself just in case there were Mafia in this game :whistling:

My concern with the wall of information you are pooping out now Drixx is make sure it is succinct and not simply an effort to defend yourself. Wouldn't want something important to get lost simply because it was too long didn't read :wink:

That was quite amusing.

There really is no good way to defend yourself in the text versions of this game. Maybe I should take a page out of Zemaj's book and dodge suspicion by ignoring the thread for the rest of the "day".

Seems odd that you leave out what I would think would be the most likely story - one anti-town faction caught another. One doing the wounding, another doing the killing maybe? Which would mean our doc has been doing well, stopping a kill the first night and a maim the second night. But that puts you on what team according to your logic? The one that put CG in the hospital?

Also, see rule 17 for Gornys stance on reveals.

I agree with Boogy here. This seems confusing to the town, and a sheriff working on his own would be much less likely to know what it says than one of however many mafia we have. And then once night rolls around the whole mafia will know how to decode it while the sheriff will be stuck.

I still want zemaj to speak up, but until I see something else:

Vote: Drixx

I'm confused by the assertion that there are multiple anti-town factions. This game is quite a bit more complicated than when last I played.

(I've done forgot why I quoted all of this....)
Okay Drixx is town, but Boogy and malov are still scum. Cops and vigs, get 'em.
He is town because why? Because both of you are scum? Masons? Some sort of team that can communicate between each other? I do not trust this.

...On another note; I see Bad Ash voted for Drixx, and Sathoris was savagely poking Drixx earlier in the day one happy fun times. Sooooooo I'm wondering if those could be the tactics the bad guys could be using to fuel our day two tirades/pissing matches.

Any opinions???
I see that Sath just claimed drixx as a townie after 'poking' him so much... :hmm:

My guess is the night targets were specific to draw suspicion to me. I can assure everyone that I would never be so foolish, if I were the night plotting type. Transparent ploy is transparent.

The question, in my mind, is whether I was just viewed as a target of opportunity due to the large number of posts involving me, or if I maybe fingered someone looking to get revenge.

I would think Zemaj would make an easier target of opportunity, but he did manage to stay mostly below the fray.

Not sure if anything useful can be gleaned on the assumption the night's activities were orchestrated as a frame job on me.
Where was it said the night actions pointed at you? Looks to me like you're already defending yourself before any fingers get pointed... As for Bad Ash, I don't remember him being that outspoken about any particular thing. Why him drixx?

It's so convenient that "the mafia" would frame you, just to clear you right? It's not like you could target the people who fingered you yesterday and use it as an excuse to "clear" yourself immediately after so many people wanted to lynch you. If the "ploy" is so transparent as you claim, you would think the mafia would know better! Sounds to me like you are just trying to shift discussion off of someone else by faking a frame job.
Quoted for relevance.

Obviously both sides can be argued, but having played this game many times, I would like to point out that it's a much safer defense to be able to say "If I were anti-town, why would I let my most vocal attackers stay alive?" instead of "Hrm, the people I was speaking against and who spoke against me were attacked, but I swear I had nothing to do with it!"

Just think through both sides of it, and I trust that if you have the town's best interest in mind, you will arrive at a conclusion favorable to me.
Right....
Wow, this is just confusing to me. Seems like some really convoluted logic. Basically you are saying that because you took the second option you are more likely to be town? But if you have so much experience, wouldn't you avoid saying the first one even if you were mafia?

I do agree with one thing you said, zemaj seems to have dropped off the radar. Could you let me know who you find suspicious? Who do you thing is pro-town? Why would Bad Ash and Sath end up listed today as being killed and recovered?
zemaj does seem to have dropped off the radar. "Faulty internet connection?" Eh?
As far as who I find suspicious ... corax, coju, sarth (and in fact him being "injured" could be a way to throw us off the scent) and zemaj.

I haven't gotten a pro-town vibe off anyone yet, mostly because it's really too early to tell either way. I will say that as we progress, people who are obviously just barely meeting the post requirement will more and more set off warning bells to me. There are only two things we can use to play the game with ... what people post and how they vote.

Anyone who is barely posting and not voting is trying to avoid giving us anything to work with or inactive. Given how much fun these games can be, after a pattern emerges I tend to assume anti-town first and inactive last.
CG is the only person I would say is town. He survived the first night and made it to the second with guns blazing.
Bolded is the only thing I can agree with you on drixx.
Lynching me will not improve the towns odds.

You obviously didn't read my posts very carefully because I explained during the last day that I hadn't fully caught up with the thread when I originally read the garbled post and found the translator. By the time I did catch up with the thread, it had already been shared, which I felt was maybe not the best thing we could have done.

While it's true I would not personally have handed out a link to a translator, that's a pretty lame reason to suspect me, especially since I explained my thought process, and the fact that said thought process didn't go a whole lot further because it became moot... the cat was out of the bag.

Furthermore, even if the wounding is a targeted thing, you could STILL be anti-town. A fantastic way to hide a wolf among the sheep. Poor guy gets wounded and can't participate on day one, and as soon as he does show up he piles on someone with suspect logic in his post.

Hrm.
Oh, of course not! You keep saying something everybody in this game can and will say. "Lynching me won't help us, town! Come on now! Lynch that guy!"

Maybe, two things I can agree with you on (Paragraph 2/4 in quote)
(paragraph 3) You may have covered your rear by this quote; still doesn't re-cover your hole though...

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate? :crazyeyes:
Sparrows, maybe?

... Maybe I should take a page out of Zemaj's book and dodge suspicion by ignoring the thread for the rest of the "day".

Drixx, if that method truly works, I think everybody will do this in games to come!

lol... Fight hard first half of 'day,' once your name gets rolled around a little too much, disappear and let someone else pick up your slack and get their name put in the boat!

Brilliant! Three things I may agree with you on!

Well, I missed the part where Sathoris changed his mind about me. That changes things a bit. He decided that I was townie and then gets targeted at night?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High