[won by mafia] 2d3 game normal, no lore, just lynching [Game Thread]

@D2DC your role cost the town the game, iirc. (See Christmas die hard, which the town did. )
No, it was town not believing my role..
You should try and be more believable..
What did you want me to do? Lie about my role/name? Because somehow I knew that everyone else had a name except me? All I could do was tell the truth. Not much I can do if nobody believes it..

That game was a mishmash of problems, lets just say there was fault on multiple parties:

- Gorny forgetting the name in the role pm caused part of the issue
- D2DC claiming an ability that really didn't exist caused another part of the problem
- The scum team (which includes myself) obviously wasn't going to try and alleviate the problem

The combination of the above made it a mess. D2DC probably shouldn't have made up a role, but he did claim that he was not given a name which was then mod confirmed, the rest of the town just followed with the scum lead to cast doubt on the claim. If I were town that game I would have pushed a completely different angle because D2DC was basically mod confirmed town at that point.

On my side, I am either Townie, Jailkeeper, Cop or Doctor.

I am not Mafia, and I have no piece of info stating what are Mafia roles.
Full disclosure, I completely missed this somehow. I think I was just caught up in the whole are we playing/not playing yet, and did the votes actually count up to that point. As Pyro asked, what's up with the semi claim?

I'm very intrigued by the post by Babyhell above, why did you specify that you were townie, jailkeeper, cop, or doctor. There are other town power roles that are listed in the setup, it just seems very odd that you would either specifically mention those 3 or specifically exclude the other possibilites
Yes, and what is unlogical here? Just read the table, that's obvious.

I don't mention other people point of view/roles, just the ones that spent give information on scum power role (if there's one).

I’ll echo skjodle: an impossible situation. But, you found out town only believes lies.

Indeed you did, @D2DC ! It was a great game! No one knew what to do!

Speaking of last game: when do we start role claiming?
oh no! someone send the doc! Was the tracker near by?

Coju, the suggestion of role claiming on Day 1 is not a good look on you, we should consider role claiming earlier this game because it has caused us trouble in the past couple of games, but now is definitely way too early since any power roles have not even had a chance to act.

The second one is just funny, I know it was a response to the fake D2lover death, but has a light relation to the role claiming post above.

Sorry BH, but I don't like this either.

As you said, anybody that read your role PMs last game can see that you are capable of much more in depth analysis. Your answer here is basically just, "kill experienced/active players", which is kind of dodging the question.

Zhao even said, "given the information up to this point". Nowhere in your response does it show that you've put any thought or analysis into your hypothetical targets based on THIS game. You must have SOME type of reads already.. I mean, you posted a player list and play style before the last game even began.

Even if your reads are all fairly neutral at this point, you should have stated that. "I don't have any good reads yet, so I'd probably just start with the experienced players". It's like your response is deliberately generic.

Surely you must know mafia don't choose to NK players that are potential mislynches for town. So, your target list should have had some impact by your live reads.

Even the naming if yourself I found a bit odd. "Well, obviously they would NK me since I am so dangerous. But, in case I'm still alive tomorrow, this is why..".

This, along with your setup analysis, seems too much like you're trying to give off the appearance of helping/contributing without actually putting much thought into it.

Unvote: Pyrotechnician
Vote: Babyhell

False.

Read statement about Pyro.

And I put myself, as asked, in the shoes of scums. They know who is who apart from the power roles. But maybe after saying I was wrong about stating obvious things at the start you will push on me because I didn't went far enough this time?

I mean...come on. Either there's still some salt from a past crusade (wait...did anyone say that we should not consider previous games while thinking about this one? But I'm ok with that, that's the gameS), or if you're town you're putting emphasis on the fact that I answered Zhao. Yeepee...

Anyway. Doing so you're starting to turn suspicious to me, but I won't follow that route for now. However Pyro and you seemed to have - yes, previous game again - the capability to read one another. IMO that could be beneficial to keep you both alive a day or two and see what happens.

Back to your initial remark: at that time when I posted at least, given the current read I had in the few minutes I had to throw an answer before basically now - and I need a rest, the meeting this morning was a success but very tiring, a lot of work those last two days - I don't see me stating something else.

However, being confident with my...way to do things (not saying if I'm wrong or right, I am on either side depending of the moment), asking me can put a focus on you, so maybe Zhao grabbed a pinch of scumminess doing so... but here again, as of now, nothing strong nor definitive.

Feel free to lynch me, but I'm town.

I'm going to general comment on this and then point to the reasoning for leaving my vote. Game history has a lot to do with your understanding of other players and how they typically act as both town and scum. I'm an old guy at this point in terms of mafia and just as an example there was one player named Goryani way back in my history. He was the best town player you ever did see. He could have no power role and still point out a mafia member a mile away. This eventually made him a high priority target for mafia to night kill, and when he was scum you could tell because he was either left alive for a long time, or didn't contribute nearly as much as usual. On the other side Valhourus (spelling?) was the best at hiding as scum and won as serial killer and you eventually became wary of him being anti-town. Its kind of like how Noodle always has a null read from everyone because he just does. He has the record for most games played on this forum, but still no one has no idea if he is town or mafia. Ever.

You should consider game history as part of your reasoning for voting or not voting for someone. Babyhell you mention specifically the fact that D2DC and I can sort of read each other, the reason for this is game history, we've played enough games together that you get a general feel for how they respond and act.

As for why I'm leaving my vote where it is, yes, you can go for experienced players all you want because they are good at hiding, but its few and far between that scum are hiding within the active players. The more a person posts, the more they have a chance to make a mistake. The only ones that typically want to get rid of active players are the scum, and if you go back to my last game as scum in the die hard game you can see I specifically pointed to people that were trying to be active and contribute as good night kill targets.

Help me understand your logic, pyro coasted last game hence that generates suspicion this game?

Noticed you didn't mention slippery Skjolde, is he relegated to honorable mention status now?

So you choose 7 out of 9 players, pretty generalized, I guess you didn't want to commit to 1 or 2?
How am I being slippery?
I think I participated a fair amount in the first 25 hours. Another fact is also that I am generally much more active in the week days, since I can do all my scum hunting sitting at the computer at work.
Basically we have a D1 during the weekend, which I think warrants a irregular amount of participation.
And I honestly see no room for any in depth analysis on this D1 without including past games and behaviours, which I don't particularly like.
Maybe aside from BH's analysis which I think was more of a disservice to the town. That is basically the only original that has happened in just this game, which says a lot about D1's in general.

See above, past game behaviors should be considered. Participation is also relative, there is posting a lot of times during a day phase, and then actually contributing. Based on my two games of history with you guys, I can actually see that both of your participations are varying from history. You guys typically seem to be very buddy buddy and have pretty good analysis going on. Yes its day 1 and its just getting started, but from my perception you guys are both acting outside of the normal range from my understanding, which peaks my suspicion of you two.

Adding into the last few posts, I too missed babyhell post about hom being either townie jail keeper, doc or cop.

I find this both sus and alarming on D1. It leads me to think that babyhell could be lying and trying to build town cred via being LAMIST early on.

This also makes me think he (BH) could also be role fishing for tonights potential mafia NK. Hoping someone in a position to CC would do so. (Bad idea!)

I'm leaning heavily towards placing a vote on BH because of this.

Counter thought:

On the flip side, BH could be town and may have been bread crumbing early on. Risky move IMHO this early. It's like going out hunting and dressing up like a deer.

Quick summary for all those that don't want to read (excluding myself)

Babyhell - Scum Lean
Skjolde - Acting outside of normal history
Zhao_Yue - Acting outside of normal history
coju - Has interest in roles apparently.
Gorny - Neutral, no helpful posts
Noodle - Noodle, no helpful posts
snickersnack - Unknown, I can't get a read on this guy, apparently wants to get rid of D2DC.
D2DC - Town Lean

Pyro, as to Zhao I disagree with you tagging as "acting outside normal history"

Reason being that there really isn't much of a recent history with him. Sure he has played before in the past on the old boards but that was years ago. His recent history is my Die Hard game and D2DC's Narcos game. Two games is a pretty small sample eh?

Quick summary for all those that don't want to read (excluding myself)

Babyhell - Scum Lean
Skjolde - Acting outside of normal history
Zhao_Yue - Acting outside of normal history
coju - Has interest in roles apparently.
Gorny - Neutral, no helpful posts
Noodle - Noodle, no helpful posts
snickersnack - Unknown, I can't get a read on this guy, apparently wants to get rid of D2DC.
D2DC - Town Lean
That's a pretty rough list. Except for D2DC everyone is either scum, being not helpful or acting outside of normal history.

Where would you put yourself on a list such as the one you made? Town lean just like D2DC?
Maybe in the same category as us acting outside of normal history? After all, you don't seem to be coasting at the moment. Great to see btw.

I think my buddy buddy connection with Zhao took a toll in the last game when we were on the opposite side of alignments and that I became aware of that

Pyro, as to Zhao I disagree with you tagging as "acting outside normal history"

Reason being that there really isn't much of a recent history with him. Sure he has played before in the past on the old boards but that was years ago. His recent history is my Die Hard game and D2DC's Narcos game. Two games is a pretty small sample eh?
That's a pretty rough list. Except for D2DC everyone is either scum, being not helpful or acting outside of normal history.

Where would you put yourself on a list such as the one you made? Town lean just like D2DC?
Maybe in the same category as us acting outside of normal history? After all, you don't seem to be coasting at the moment. Great to see btw.

You are correct, I don't have a long history to go on, but the die hard game both Zhao and Skjolde were town, and were both active and friendly with eachother, it just seems out of place this game.

I would put myself as acting outside of normal history as well if we are basing it on the past two games. I was coasting (in the first game because I was scum and the second game because of the setup). I'm not saying necessarily that skjolde or zhao or scum, just that it doesn't line up with what I saw before.

@Pyrotechnician
Yes, my wanting you not lynched last game was because of our D2 history. Hit the nail on the head with that one.
Asking about roles is a joke from last game since it was asked D2 I think since we were all confused.

Re: using previous game stuff
I echo Pyrotechnician’s reasonings as well. You have post history, how they act when holding a certain role, rivalries. I know when I started I was so nervous holding a PR that I did play different. I tried to overcompensate that but it never worked.
(I have played a game where I didn’t check my pm until later that day because I knew it’d influence how I played.)

You are correct, I don't have a long history to go on, but the die hard game both Zhao and Skjolde were town, and were both active and friendly with eachother, it just seems out of place this game.

I would put myself as acting outside of normal history as well if we are basing it on the past two games. I was coasting (in the first game because I was scum and the second game because of the setup). I'm not saying necessarily that skjolde or zhao or scum, just that it doesn't line up with what I saw before.
It's fine. I think it's an okay analysis to make. Personally I would say it is a tad weak, just based on the fact that we're only at D1, but it is what it is.

@Pyrotechnician
Yes, my wanting you not lynched last game was because of our D2 history. Hit the nail on the head with that one.
Asking about roles is a joke from last game since it was asked D2 I think since we were all confused.

Re: using previous game stuff
I echo Pyrotechnician’s reasonings as well. You have post history, how they act when holding a certain role, rivalries. I know when I started I was so nervous holding a PR that I did play different. I tried to overcompensate that but it never worked.
(I have played a game where I didn’t check my pm until later that day because I knew it’d influence how I played.)
I think past behaviour is fine to look at. I think my gripe was more directed towards if someone held grudges from past interactions or lynch trains. Should have made that more clear.

It's fine. I think it's an okay analysis to make. Personally I would say it is a tad weak, just based on the fact that we're only at D1, but it is what it is.
I'm not ready to vote either one of you for it, I'm just pointing it out as an inconsistency.

I think past behaviour is fine to look at. I think my gripe was more directed towards if someone held grudges from past interactions or lynch trains. Should have made that more clear.

You can't use grudges in a game outside of joke voting. You usually do this first thing in a game the first day just to get the point across and then move on.

I'm not ready to vote either one of you for it, I'm just pointing it out as an inconsistency.

You can't use grudges in a game outside of joke voting. You usually do this first thing in a game the first day just to get the point across and then move on.

I'm still holding a grudge against Leo for killing me way back when.

;)

• Haha
Reactions: Leopold Stotch
The only ones that typically want to get rid of active players are the scum
Exactly. And Zhao asked for my opinion on who would be the best targets for scums. Great, we are in line. So I'm suspect? You need to explain a bit of the logic, or there's something I doing catch in your post...that seems weird.

Am I the only one that answer a question by answering to the question? Oo

Anyway, the experience and knowledge of other players is very valuable, and as a newcomer, I can understand that I make a good day 1 lynch from that point of view. This is a point I can agree on.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High