Zombies invade Atlantis. Stargate zombie Mafia game.

I wasn't answering for djmbbandie so much as I thought I knew what he was referring to and was just trying to answer so that DJ's question didn't become some running distraction until he got back to answer. Instead of accomplishing my aim, I've apparently helped it become a running distraction until he gets back. *facepalm*.

Ok I went back through pharphis's voting history and noticed that he did have a vote on Antswers in twilight, makes him look a little less suspicious.

What does a twilight vote have to do with anything? We can't lynch in twilight and generally twilight votes are considered jokes, I thought?

What I don't like about this whole exchange is that pharphis voted for Antswers after kestegs, then asked kestegs for his reasoning, when kestegs refused, pharphis said "i've got nothing"

And then there's the fact that Pharphis said he had something but didn't. Are you thinking Pharphis and Kestegs are teamed and decided to back out of a play or something?

It just feels off to me, feels to me like pharphis has a connection with Antswers and is trying hard to distance. Anyway I think it has all been said before, thought I'd just drop his posts in order

Aye. Feels off to me too. If he had simply never said he would reveal his "reason" later, and then in the post where he reveals he has nothing he doesn't say to someone "only vote for him if you believe I have strong evidence" then maybe this comes off as a town play getting some discussion going. That whole "I've got reasons" followed by Kestegs refusing to answer followed by post #175 (with the bizzare portion I quoted and bolded) ... just odd.

I've read it trying to think of various things Pharphis could be, and honestly it gets pretty far fetched to make it add up.

The accusations on him seem pretty contradictory IMO. If you guys are set on the fact that pharphis is a smart player, then why would he put a quick 2nd vote down knowing he'll be questioned on it and be unable to defend it? That really doesn't make sense as mafia play. I just don't see a mafia veteran making a move like that and putting himself out in the open for no real reason. His "role claim" seemed obviously fake, my first impression of it was that he was just joking about.

Also, isn't pharphis the one that knows AA? It would make sense for him to mess with AA and/or force him to involve himself in the game. I know that's exactly what I'd do if I was playing with a friend.

Welcome CoolguyBad. In our games here it's fairly common for people to make plays like what Pharphis did. Throw a vote on and cryptically get discussion going. Sathoris did it in the warhammer game (our last non-mini) by asking someone about their name. It was a total red herring but it got people talking.

The reason I'm questioning it is because Pharphis strongly implied he had actual evidence and then walked it back at the last minute. Go read post #175. As he was writing that post he went from talking about people voting for antswers if they believed he (Pharphis) had strong evidence to later on in the post saying that he had nothing and it was just a ploy to see how Antswers and others would react.

Something is off. The hard part is figuring out if it's a scum slip or not.

No, I understand random accusations and observations can create concrete discussion in the early stages of the game, but I don't see a strong player putting such a huge target on his back so early in the game. I'm going to have to go back to previous games where pharphis is scum and see how he plays them.

The reason I'm questioning it is because Pharphis strongly implied he had actual evidence and then walked it back at the last minute.

This is the only thing I really agree on. I have no idea why he said what he did but it seemed more like bad town play than scummy play to me.

....................<snip>.............

I'm really not seeing any reasoning for any of the individuals voted on so far. With that said, I feel like pharphis' early vote to draw reactions is a town play (at least in in RL mafia games I've played it is). It doesn't make me suspect Moar much more (hehe) though.

..............<snip>................
I see pharphis #2 vote in a somewhat similar light. I try to steer clear of using a "meta" instead of logic when scrutinizing a player's posts/votes. To always or routinely peg #2 vote as scummy is not the wisest path to choose.

And when you can snatch this grasshopper from my hand, then we can go fishin'...

This is so racist!!! What would John Lennon say??

As much as Pharphis is being off, I'm not convinced it is deserving of a lynch. Much like Gory, I need some more convincing!

Right now, Noodle is still jumping out at me as scummy and I would love to get rid of a known lurker early on.
Agreed about pharphis. However I would be willing to vote him should we need the lynch. I'll be around.

What about some lurker-love for Laarz?? Or do you need to keep him alive to kill townies tonight??

Vote tally Day 1(10/11):
AnnualAntAnswers - 1 (kestegs)
Noodle - 1 (BipolarChemist)
Drixx - 3 (Goryani, Sathoris, Pyrotechnician)
flubbucket - 1 (Jcakes)
pharphis - 4 (Moar, Drixx, AnnualAntAnswers, Bad Ash)
Moar - 1 (pharphis)

Also, a warning for Laarz and korialstraz:

You both have until the end of the day to make the required 1 contributive post per day phase. Failure to do so will result in a mod kill.

Please be advised that if anyone cannot continue the game or needs to take some time off due to various reasons, they should let me know via PM.

Anyway, my reason was to see how antswers would react, and planned on doing this before seeing keg's vote on him.

I don't actually have any evidence against him of any kind.

not an OMGUS:
Vote: Moar

Also willing to vote Sath

That only works when you don't build it up like you got a some sort of PR result. Instead you waste people's time waiting to hear your reason that stopped being relevant hours ago when AAA first responded.. Seems more like a gambit gone wrong when Kegs stopped talking. Bad move and I'm not sure it's a townie movie gone wrong or scum move gone wrong.

Well, it could be that I asked gory not to hit me with the vote stick, or it might be that I haven't proclaimed my townieness yet, or perhaps it's the lack of WOT posts?

Unvote: Drixx

Tau'ri, you?

I'm not sure how much I'll be around tomorrow. Just in case I'll pretend to be lurking, I'll "auction" off my second vote. Price: convince me. Tell me whom to vote for and why. I'll comply so long as I can still read/post. I'll be able to read/post for at least 10 more hours. Any time after that I'm not sure of.

preview edit: some weird forum debug warnings/errors I see...

No thank you.

That only works when you don't build it up like you got a some sort of PR result. Instead you waste people's time waiting to hear your reason that stopped being relevant hours ago when AAA first responded.. Seems more like a gambit gone wrong when Kegs stopped talking. Bad move and I'm not sure it's a townie movie gone wrong or scum move gone wrong.
Only quoting most recent thing because I have to head to class, but I want to point out first that I made sure there would still be a large portion of the day left after I revealed my reason for the vote, and that I was also gone all day so it's not like I could have done it sooner.

I'll quote more in ~2 hours

No, I understand random accusations and observations can create concrete discussion in the early stages of the game, but I don't see a strong player putting such a huge target on his back so early in the game. I'm going to have to go back to previous games where pharphis is scum and see how he plays them.

This is the only thing I really agree on. I have no idea why he said what he did but it seemed more like bad town play than scummy play to me.

It is actually similar to some moves that scum pharphis has made. I recall in one particular game where he linked himself to kestegs who turned out to be scum from another team. Also note that he has somewhat of a reputation of busing team mates (started when he completely hung me out to dry in the Gods of Ancient Greece game), hence why i thought that maybe he and Antswers are on the same team and he responded to kegs placing a vote by following suit.

Too much misdirection for my liking.

Vote: Pharphis

I won't take kindly to being put in your cross-hairs. It's about time you were gone.
Well, let me see - we've got slow death, quick death, painful death, cold, lonely death.

Statements like these ping my radar.

AAA gets voted and kinda blows it off (here and here). Drixx prowls after pharphis, votes, and drops the term misdirection. After that, AAA more of less copies Drixx's argument and jumps on board with the quotes you see above. AAA was also asked some direct questions, which he ignored.

The sniff test tells me AAA is trying to take advantage of the cover provided by others. He wants to get rid of someone giving him pressure (because of the pressure) while hopefully not getting caught at it.

If AAA weren't a rookie, I'd have at least one vote on him by now.

Statements like these ping my radar.

AAA gets voted and kinda blows it off (here and here). Drixx prowls after pharphis, votes, and drops the term misdirection. After that, AAA more of less copies Drixx's argument and jumps on board with the quotes you see above. AAA was also asked some direct questions, which he ignored.

The sniff test tells me AAA is trying to take advantage of the cover provided by others. He wants to get rid of someone giving him pressure (because of the pressure) while hopefully not getting caught at it.

If AAA weren't a rookie, I'd have at least one vote on him by now.

Actually that second one is interesting. I must have missed that before. I wonder if Pharphis is up to his old tricks of bussing an ally after an early vote from kestegs? Might also make some sense out of Pharphis's twilight vote.

Not voting for pharphis today. I like the let's-get-this-game-rolling play. My only worries about pharphis are that his play is generically town rather than specifically town so it's easy to fake and also that scum-pharphis is historically more of a risk taker than town-pharphis. Jerome and the I-picked-PGO-but-received-VT fake claim come to mind.

My only worries about pharphis are that his play is generically town rather than specifically town so it's easy to fake and also that scum-pharphis is historically more of a risk taker than town-pharphis. Jerome and the I-picked-PGO-but-received-VT fake claim come to mind.

This is exactly why I am going to Unvote: flubbucket and Vote: pharphis. Pharphis generally takes gambits and risks as scum and I think that he is more likely to be scum then not.

I'll hopefully be back before day end to change my vote if needed, time to get some sleep.

Unvote: Drixx
Vote: IWantToUseNumbersInMyName

His response to pharphis claim is what mafia are interested in knowing upon seeing such a claim. Same can be said of the others asking the same thing at a later time but Numbers was clearly more interested in what pharphis had to say than what AAA had to say.

Darn it all. You made me look up my PM to see if I had a race. No race is listed. I'd call my character human but I think Tau'ri is the actual term used in Stargate lore.

They use both. Some aliens refer to the Humans as Tau'ri, humans generally refer to themselves as humans.

Note that in the Atlantis universe (where this is supposed to be set) Tau'ri is not used at all, (Tau'ri being a Goa'uld term and Goa'uld are not native to the pegasus galaxy). In the Atlantis universe the humans are more likely to be referred to as Lanteans (meaing inhabitants of Atlantis)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High