Zombies invade Atlantis. Stargate zombie Mafia game.

I still don't know what that means. It's mean to confuse people on their birthday (Slightly cheap, I know).

Happy birthday!

Jerome Bettis is a nfl football player who's nickname was the bus. So it started being used after phar bussed his own mafia teammate when there was no pressure on them to gain town cred.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Happy birthday!

Jerome Bettis is a nfl football player who's nickname was the bus. So it started being used after phar bussed his own mafia teammate when there was no pressure on them to gain town cred.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
It was TC's (last?) game! He should remember :p

Ok, now to actually go back and quote while I've got like 30 mins

I remember the event, I just didn't know you folk referred to pharphis as Jerome. Now I do and I know why.

I've been guilty of that myself. I sometimes don't think real hard about things and then usually that ends up with me in hot water.

I have to ask, though... you want us to believe that your play was thought out enough that you wanted to see how the player and other players would react to it, you followed up on the play by adding at least an additional post saying you had a reason/evidence that you would reveal at a set time ... and you want us to believe this was a pro town play on your part. I can go that far, but the wheels come off when you ask me to believe you didn't think about what bad things might come from your play.

I say this because you have attacked similar play on my part in the past for some of the same reasons you are under fire now.

As for you being a good player, it wasn't simply a compliment. You are, and until that wall of quotes post where you admitted the whole thing was a ruse, I was actually thinking you were a town PR of some sort and had found us a day 1 scum to kill (at the cost of yourself presumably). I actually assumed the roundabout means was an attempt to cloud whether you were a PR or not.

But then that whole wall of quotes where you first say someone should only vote antswers if they believe you have strong evidence, but later in the post reveal that you have nothing and it was just a ploy (this seemed contradictory to me, and still does) and then the OMGUS vote on Moar. It just feels scum and not usual for you playing town and scumhunting, at least to me.

(Is this enough to satisfy your Wall 'o text fetish djm?)
Remind me the circumstances and my accusations, please. I don't disbelieve you but I don't have any idea what this would have or could have been.
Let me answer the "contradiction" thing here, I think several people agreed with you. . .
It wasn't a contradiction at all. I had a lot of thoughts/answers in a single post because I was gone for the day. Because I was on a timeline I posted my "contradictory" reason for voting Antswers at the end. My response to BPC had nothing to do with what actual reason I gave, it had to do with BPC's assumption/statement that I thought he should vote with me. I said no such thing and wanted to point that out. I explained that he should vote Antswers if he thinks I actually have something on him or if he thinks Antswers is scummy. Pretty straightforward.
Interesting that you come out and post this after kestegs refuses to provide his evidence.
I gave myself a timeline. I didn't expect Kegs to completely not answer why he voted but I suspect (or maybe I read this?) that he wanted me to post my reason first since I put more emphasis on it.

Ok I went back through pharphis's voting history and noticed that he did have a vote on Antswers in twilight, makes him look a little less suspicious.

~~~~Twilight~~~~~

multiple other posts follow this one, didn't quote them though.
~~~Day 1~~~~

What I don't like about this whole exchange is that pharphis voted for Antswers after kestegs, then asked kestegs for his reasoning, when kestegs refused, pharphis said "i've got nothing"

It just feels off to me, feels to me like pharphis has a connection with Antswers and is trying hard to distance. Anyway I think it has all been said before, thought I'd just drop his posts in order
This is convenient, thanks!
Like some have said (flubb?) people are looking way too much into my vote being the second one on Antswers. I can't help that kegs voted first.
The accusations on him seem pretty contradictory IMO. If you guys are set on the fact that pharphis is a smart player, then why would he put a quick 2nd vote down knowing he'll be questioned on it and be unable to defend it? That really doesn't make sense as mafia play. I just don't see a mafia veteran making a move like that and putting himself out in the open for no real reason. His "role claim" seemed obviously fake, my first impression of it was that he was just joking about.

Also, isn't pharphis the one that knows AA? It would make sense for him to mess with AA and/or force him to involve himself in the game. I know that's exactly what I'd do if I was playing with a friend.
This is also true. People can go back and see how I interacted with BPC and Phillinnicus when they joined as well as how they interacted with me.

Pharphis: Why Moar? I don't find the simple statement "I thought they were scummy" as anywhere close to sufficient reason when it's laid out as the sole reason for a vote. Obviously there's a sense of feeling when someones playing outside their standard townie style, but this is twice that you've placed votes without any reason you can point to. The first time you say was merely a ploy to draw out newbie scum. What is it this time?
I explained why in post 181. Without giving me time to give my reason she voted me and claimed I never intended on giving my reason for voting Antswers.

What does a twilight vote have to do with anything? We can't lynch in twilight and generally twilight votes are considered jokes, I thought?

And then there's the fact that Pharphis said he had something but didn't. Are you thinking Pharphis and Kestegs are teamed and decided to back out of a play or something?

Aye. Feels off to me too. If he had simply never said he would reveal his "reason" later, and then in the post where he reveals he has nothing he doesn't say to someone "only vote for him if you believe I have strong evidence" then maybe this comes off as a town play getting some discussion going. That whole "I've got reasons" followed by Kestegs refusing to answer followed by post #175 (with the bizzare portion I quoted and bolded) ... just odd.

I've read it trying to think of various things Pharphis could be, and honestly it gets pretty far fetched to make it add up.

Welcome CoolguyBad. In our games here it's fairly common for people to make plays like what Pharphis did. Throw a vote on and cryptically get discussion going. Sathoris did it in the warhammer game (our last non-mini) by asking someone about their name. It was a total red herring but it got people talking.

The reason I'm questioning it is because Pharphis strongly implied he had actual evidence and then walked it back at the last minute.
Go read post #175. As he was writing that post he went from talking about people voting for antswers if they believed he (Pharphis) had strong evidence to later on in the post saying that he had nothing and it was just a ploy to see how Antswers and others would react.

Something is off. The hard part is figuring out if it's a scum slip or not.
Do you think kegs and I are a team?

Do you think I would have said anything different had kegs said he had evidence against Antswers?
Last minute?
What makes my claim of having evidence fundamentally any different than Sathoris heavily implying he has evidence ("What's your name?" then ignores everyone's questions to him regarding it until much later.)
At least I take that has heavy implication of a PR investigative result. Do you?

It is actually similar to some moves that scum pharphis has made. I recall in one particular game where he linked himself to kestegs who turned out to be scum from another team. Also note that he has somewhat of a reputation of busing team mates (started when he completely hung me out to dry in the Gods of Ancient Greece game), hence why i thought that maybe he and Antswers are on the same team and he responded to kegs placing a vote by following suit.
I've said this a few times and I'll say it again. I had no evidence to believe kegs was scum in that game (since I was) and so I assumed he was SK. All I did in that D1 was say that people should at least wait until he says something (it was a party host result that condemned him and he was nearly locked by the time he posted) and people freaked out and said I was his scum buddy. This is in no way comparable to that game, unless you think there are two mafia factions?

Your second point is more valid since yes that is typically my behaviour as mafia

Statements like these ping my radar.

AAA gets voted and kinda blows it off (here and here). Drixx prowls after pharphis, votes, and drops the term misdirection. After that, AAA more of less copies Drixx's argument and jumps on board with the quotes you see above. AAA was also asked some direct questions, which he ignored.

The sniff test tells me AAA is trying to take advantage of the cover provided by others. He wants to get rid of someone giving him pressure (because of the pressure) while hopefully not getting caught at it.

If AAA weren't a rookie, I'd have at least one vote on him by now.
He would have mine,too. Btw the second link you gave is just a quote from the room. He seems to still be having fun this day phase.

Additionally he never Antswered your question...

Actually that second one is interesting. I must have missed that before. I wonder if Pharphis is up to his old tricks of bussing an ally after an early vote from kestegs? Might also make some sense out of Pharphis's twilight vote.

Not voting for pharphis today. I like the let's-get-this-game-rolling play. My only worries about pharphis are that his play is generically town rather than specifically town so it's easy to fake and also that scum-pharphis is historically more of a risk taker than town-pharphis. Jerome and the I-picked-PGO-but-received-VT fake claim come to mind.
I loved that PGO claim. Good times! Also true, I play riskier as mafia.

This is exactly why I am going to Unvote: flubbucket and Vote: pharphis. Pharphis generally takes gambits and risks as scum and I think that he is more likely to be scum then not.

I'll hopefully be back before day end to change my vote if needed, time to get some sleep.
aw :(

Lots of catching up to do, so excuse the more quotes crap.

I see nothign in my postj is the lseatst bit definsticve. Your vote on me is pure poop. I haate you you're fatt.

Debbie, I remember her. Such a nice girl. No such things as ta fun trip in Nefrvraska, sorry butr it's true.

I'm taking care of the alvcohola paret. Thanlsks.

Good old flubb, back to his normal self.

I find this very strange. Spamstegs posting a vote message and then just "No ." one of those "No . " beeing in answer to a question about post restriction. This is not something that scum would do. Too much attention. I'd guess he has a post restriction and is not allowed to tell.

I am more interested in pharphis. He supported kestegs in his vote and said he had a reason. Which he would give later. Usually people saying that seldomly give their reason. Fine with me if you don't want to give your reason, but then don't say you will give your reason. Also pharphis singled me out in twilight for my Gory vote post. Come on. I say about every game that something is off with Gory and it was twilight!. That chicken paragraph was seriously weird though.

I don't find Noodle explaining his joke with Bad Ash to a newcomer suspicious. It is just being helpful to a newbie. Well done I think.

Why is CG alive?

Why is Gory alive?

Zokar can be a PITA also, but he always drew a lot of town attention, so I don't really get why he was killed.

/end random thoughts

(Yes, I am a bit on the drunk side. Just at the point where you will manage to perform at work the next day. ;) It was a nice evening out with 1.5 friends, thank you for asking! )

Vote: pharphis

Interesting that you question why both CG/Goryani are alive in your random thoughts section, I know they are prefered N1 targets due to their skillz and all, but the majority of your post focuses on phar/kegs, seems like your just adding them on there for the fun of it to create doubt for later. And taking my point about you calling out Gory every game? Did you only think of that after you read my post?

I-80 through Nebraska > I-70 through Kansas.

No tolls. Actual concept of curves. And at least there are things to look at along side the interstate.

No idea, I was on I-70 for a long time, but through other states, and no tolls in those states.

I didn't say you should vote with me. You should vote for antswers if you think he's scummy or believe I have strong evidence against him

...snip...

Anyway, my reason was to see how antswers would react, and planned on doing this before seeing keg's vote on him.

I don't actually have any evidence against him of any kind.

not an OMGUS:
Vote: Moar

Also willing to vote Sath

The contradictions, they are everywhere! No reason to bring up things others have already said, but the sentence urging someone to vote for them if they believe you have strong evidence and then saying you don't have any evidence in the same post just amuses me to no end.

Also, why are there so many votes on Drixx? I haven't seen him do anything wrong.

My vote on Drixx was for a reason, both Gory and Sath had voted for drixx, and after both votes there was a reaction from drixx regarding the vote taking place. I wanted to see if the reactions would continue with more votes or if he would disregard it.

No, I don't have a post restriction. I voted Ant simply for the reaction, in true sath style as someone said. I wasn't intending to fake a post restriction, but after Pharphis said he wanted me to say what I thought I really wanted to see what he would say without me giving him any more info. Turns out he had nothing, which really bothers me. And yes, that's a little bit of kettle/pot territory there, but I think it makes sense.

The more interesting thing is that you both had nothing, and that you both decided to pursue AAA. While this development is interesting, I would also find it highly unlikely for two scum to pull the same exact move on the same day, its way too risky, and pointless. Therefore based on that I can only come to the likely conclusion that either only one of you is scum or you are both townies picking on the newbie. For what reason doesn't seem to be too clear right now but maybe you two can enlighten me on that. Why not throw a random vote on a veteran "with evidence"? Were you hoping to get something better from a more inexperienced player?

Tell me who to vote2 and I might share the twilight experience with you.

Were you going 35 mph the whole way or was it the pit stops every 20min until bladders become synchronized?

Not every game, no. But Moar does call out certain 'flavors' of my posts pretty regularly.

Convincing you to use your vote2 on someone seems fairly pointless if that person is not a likely lynch canidate since the vote 2 is just another vote and not a 2nd lynch type mechanic. It should be treated just like any other double vote power and used to secure a lynch if necessary. On day 1 I would actually be inclined to not use the vote because early voting records are helpful later in the game, and using the vote 2 leaves one less vote to be analyzed later on.

It definately wasn't 35 mph, but there were multiple stops with my daughter in the car. Babies are so difficult.

Apparently you can't change flavors Gory, no Chocolate, Vanilla and Strawberry for you!

What is this in response to?

I thought it was in relation to being close to their home state, but only dj can tell us what he meant. CG and Drixx apparently want to be helpful though?

Which zombie mechanic?

Not gonna throw out the possibility that CG or I might be mafia?

The one that Gwaihir apparently thinks there is? Tell me Gwiahir, why would you think a post restriction would be related to a zombie mechanic? Are you a zombie, and that is why you know about zombie mechanics?

Also, is it weird that no one has brought up the topic of some roles being zombies yet, or is that just assumed in a game like this?

I could throw out that possibility too, but I always thought that was just assumed every game. If one of you aren't dead by day 3, I usually know something is up. :p

I won't take kindly to being put in your cross-hairs. It's about time you were gone.
Well, let me see - we've got slow death, quick death, painful death, cold, lonely death.

What a strange post, maybe kegs and phar were right and we should have you in the cross-hairs. Are you going to make an arguement against phar or just let others do it for you?

Any time you agree with me, it gives me the willies. I should've recognized it in the mini-mafia game. You never agree with me.

And apparently Drixx agrees with you to? (If I remember reading right?) Are you more scared now?

Guess these cops arresting me for running naked through a Best Buy don't realize the government is shut down? Uh, check your email, guys.

Noodle is back to normal too! Yay, how exciting! But not.

There was no distraction until people decided to start answering for DJ, DJ was asked a question why do people feel the need to answer it for him?

Because bambie can't answer for himself? Unsure, maybe dj would like to tell us why CG/Drixx are jumping up for him, but then again my initial thought when Goryani posed the question was similar.

So...Gory, Saph, Pyro...why Drixx? and why, Gory, didn't you double vote drixx if that was a serious vote for him?

Reasoning explained somewhere above, I didn't expect the vote to stay there since it was early in the fisrt day phase, but figured I'd try to get something out of it.

Statements like these ping my radar.

AAA gets voted and kinda blows it off (here and here). Drixx prowls after pharphis, votes, and drops the term misdirection. After that, AAA more of less copies Drixx's argument and jumps on board with the quotes you see above. AAA was also asked some direct questions, which he ignored.

The sniff test tells me AAA is trying to take advantage of the cover provided by others. He wants to get rid of someone giving him pressure (because of the pressure) while hopefully not getting caught at it.

If AAA weren't a rookie, I'd have at least one vote on him by now.

You have a second vote, why don't you use it? Oh right, try to convince you. He does seem to be letting others do the work for him, but then again a lot of people have jumped at the kegs/phar interaction.

This is exactly why I am going to Unvote: flubbucket and Vote: pharphis. Pharphis generally takes gambits and risks as scum and I think that he is more likely to be scum then not.

I'll hopefully be back before day end to change my vote if needed, time to get some sleep.

Part of me says your still mad because you were the one he mega bussed in that game, but part of me says you are right.

Just in case you missed it AAA, could you answer the question of what you meant in this post?

Everybody betray me, I fed up with this wurrrld.

Which zombie mechanic?

The one that Gwaihir apparently thinks there is? Tell me Gwiahir, why would you think a post restriction would be related to a zombie mechanic? Are you a zombie, and that is why you know about zombie mechanics?

No idea on the possibility of any zombie mechanics. kegs specifically said that he was not post restricted (in a kinda maybe way) so I actually wondered if he was holding out to hear what phar would say. I was curious how he would react if his posting method got related to him being mafia. He didn't break character until he got his response from phar, while I expected an immediate jump if he was mafia, so I am leaning towards him being town.

I am also not sure why Drixx is answering for dj ....

And CG as well? Interesting, why not just let DJ answer, any particular reason you guys decided to speculate on djs reasoning?

This. I find Drixx's more odd, and I thought the same thing as CG and wanted to correct it as well :p

Lost a question from Gory at some point, but I still remember it: Why did I not point out Gory/CG could be scum for not dying N1?

Because it was already implied that that was the reason by Moar. I gave the alternative I saw as just as likely.

This. I find Drixx's more odd, and I thought the same thing as CG and wanted to correct it as well :p

Honestly it was just what struck me as the likely reason for DJ's comment. I just thought it was answering a fairly mundane question and putting it to rest, but CG's suggestion makes more sense. Why is it odd for CG and I to want to answer a general and fairly mundane question? It didn't seem like a game oriented question to me.

Did you guys see it as a game related question?

Just in case you missed it AAA, could you answer the question of what you meant in this post?

I wouldn't normally answer this, but it's getting close to day end. He's referencing a movie and a sort of inside joke him and Phar have.

Everything he's posted thus far has been in that category of directing his posts at Phar, through inside jokes and what not. What I am seeing is a new player sticking close by one of the few people he knows in the game.

Unvote: Drixx
Vote: IWantToUseNumbersInMyName

His response to pharphis claim is what mafia are interested in knowing upon seeing such a claim. Same can be said of the others asking the same thing at a later time but Numbers was clearly more interested in what pharphis had to say than what AAA had to say.

Well, yes...because how can I expect AAA to defend themselves without seeing any evidence of why others are voting for them?

I apologize for questioning the reason behind some votes that were already explained, I must have simply failed to quote those posts as I read through so I didn't recall them occurring.

I find the 2nd vote pharphis put on AAA to be weird, but I don't think it's enough cause to vote him. The spectacular target he's made of himself makes it seem like a very poor move, and I don't think he'd be unaware of that particular consequence of the play he made.

Just in case you missed it AAA, could you answer the question of what you meant in this post

Yeah, BPC is right. I've quoted The Room and Stargate: Atlantis so far. Just riding stuff out monitoring the board to get a sense of things. Pharphis has raised the most suspicion so I voted against him. Plus yeah, I know him so a lynch would be funny.

But considering how close we are to day end, I may be easily swayed...

Agreed! But maybe a little later. Right now I'm only sold on my first intuition, Noodle.

Did someone say my name? I'm here, I'm here!
Scratch that, I'm also good with a Noodle lynch. He was off-character to start and there have been some connections made to him. He's going to look scummy for the entire game which makes things harder in the end, anyway.

Unvote: Moar
Vote: Noodle

I think I might change my policy from now on to "lynch a (lurker) non-contributor on D1"

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High