Zombies invade Atlantis. Stargate zombie Mafia game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqUgDWulrDM

DAFT. DONKEY.

Sorry for the WoT, but I was in a lab all day

Unvote: AnnualantAnswers
Vote: Moar

Phar..I have to say we lasted a full day before I thought you were scummy.

You claim to have information relative to your vote...that isn't a move people make, and definitely not a move Sathoris makes. Ya know why? Cause claiming that can absolutely lead to a town power role countering your claim which if you are town is about the worst possible thing ever. So how could you be? Very very bad. Voting for someone to get a reaction I get, claiming you have information to support your cause when you don't I do not.

We can all joke about how Noodle normally lurks, but small changes in style can mean quite a bit, I would think. He started with quite a few posts in the game, some minorly serious, then mostly silence after multiple people pointed it out.

Agree with this. It's not a huge deal, but it was multiple out of character Noodle posts. Could mean nothing. Could mean everything.

Going to go ahead and give posting on my phone a try.

Download an app called Tapatalk

Did someone say my name? I'm here, I'm here!

I hate you because I laughed

Why do you like that? How can you be positive that Goryani is town and will use his mod-given powers for town purposes?

Cosign.

Why do you like that? How can you be positive that Goryani is town and will use his mod-given powers for town purposes?
I like that we're being forced to provide arguments for things on D1 for someone's (second) vote because whether or not it's used for town purposes it gives us more connections straight from D1, considering it's a PR (ability can be transferred to someone else!)
I won't take kindly to being put in your cross-hairs. It's about time you were gone.
Well, let me see - we've got slow death, quick death, painful death, cold, lonely death.
Now calm down Skeeter, he ain't hurtin' no one
Phar..I have to say we lasted a full day before I thought you were scummy.

You claim to have information relative to your vote...that isn't a move people make, and definitely not a move Sathoris makes. Ya know why? Cause claiming that can absolutely lead to a town power role countering your claim which if you are town is about the worst possible thing ever. So how could you be? Very very bad. Voting for someone to get a reaction I get, claiming you have information to support your cause when you don't I do not.
I mostly agree with this. You're the first to bring it up and it's a good point.
However, even though I said I had reason to believe Antswers was scum I also said I would claim later in the same day. I also don't see a smart PR player outing themselves at the very least before my claim.

If I wound up claiming cop or something and Antswers was lynched, not mafia (and not miller) then I would be lynched the next day no question. I don't see any room for a PR to decide it's worth outing themselves on this little scenario. Maybe a bus driver but again they would wait for my claim before saying anything

Any time you agree with me, it gives me the willies. I should've recognized it in the mini-mafia game. You never agree with me.

haha well we were psuedo rivals for quite awhile so that's understandable.

Second mention of the mini mafia game influencing this one. That doesn't bode well.

I mostly agree with this. You're the first to bring it up and it's a good point.
However, even though I said I had reason to believe Antswers was scum I also said I would claim later in the same day. I also don't see a smart PR player outing themselves at the very least before my claim.

If I wound up claiming cop or something and Antswers was lynched, not mafia (and not miller) then I would be lynched the next day no question. I don't see any room for a PR to decide it's worth outing themselves on this little scenario. Maybe a bus driver but again they would wait for my claim before saying anything

We've had many day 1 town PR reveals without any pressure to counter information. The most famous is Leo thinking she caught scum on night 1, only to find out she is an insane cop. (and yes, I realize my previous posts is a snarky comment about previous games. The irony of no preview edit, alas)

The fact that it was with a new player who no one knows how they will react is even worse and much more dangerous.

We've had many day 1 town PR reveals without any pressure to counter information. The most famous is Leo thinking she caught scum on night 1, only to find out she is an insane cop. (and yes, I realize my previous posts is a snarky comment about previous games. The irony of no preview edit, alas)

The fact that it was with a new player who no one knows how they will react is even worse and much more dangerous.
I see your point but I haven't been around for anything crazy D1 that I can recall.

I guess it didn't occur to me to think about how the new player might reveal their potential PR because that freshness to the game is exactly what I was trying to take advantage of, from the opposite angle. I wanted to get a scum to slip and the thought of Antswers being a PR didn't occur to me.
Had I thought of that I would probably play it out the same way regardless

I see your point but I haven't been around for anything crazy D1 that I can recall.

I guess it didn't occur to me to think about how the new player might reveal their potential PR because that freshness to the game is exactly what I was trying to take advantage of, from the opposite angle. I wanted to get a scum to slip and the thought of Antswers being a PR didn't occur to me.
Had I thought of that I would probably play it out the same way regardless

But mafia are the minority of every game we play. So you targeted someone because they are new and might slip up, and that person has a much higher chance of not being mafia. The whole point of trust was you saying you had information and you've openly admitted you have none. Therefore, we can deduct that the only information you had is the basic mafia formula which means there was a 60-75% chance (depending on the game of course) of causing someone who is not mafia to slip up.

Vote: pharphis

But mafia are the minority of every game we play. So you targeted someone because they are new and might slip up, and that person has a much higher chance of not being mafia. The whole point of trust was you saying you had information and you've openly admitted you have none. Therefore, we can deduct that the only information you had is the basic mafia formula which means there was a 60-75% chance (depending on the game of course) of causing someone who is not mafia to slip up.

Vote: pharphis
Ofc they have a higher chance of not being mafia, but they also have a higher chance of not being a PR in most games.

But you have zero idea of knowing what the % of PR is let alone if someone has one.
The more PRs there are the more likely one would be outed by what I did, yes, but also the less important it is for said role to remain hidden because there are more PRs!

Either way I said my intentions (forcing a scum slip) and Antswers being a PR didn't cross my mind, so all of this is moot wrt what I did

Guess these cops arresting me for running naked through a Best Buy don't realize the government is shut down? Uh, check your email, guys.

It was likely in reference to Pyro traveling through Colorado, which both kestegs and DJM have listed as their location.

Good catch. My previous stab at it was an assumption based upon Pyro's super triple wall of quote followed by a 4th post spree that came just before djmbbandie's post. If you didn't get it right, maybe djmbbandie will clarify just to end it as a distraction, if nothing else.

Any time you agree with me, it gives me the willies. I should've recognized it in the mini-mafia game. You never agree with me.

You and I usually disagree, but I'll also /cosign. No intention to provide willies though, wet or otherwise.

The more PRs there are the more likely one would be outed by what I did, yes, but also the less important it is for said role to remain hidden because there are more PRs!

Either way I said my intentions (forcing a scum slip) and Antswers being a PR didn't cross my mind, so all of this is moot wrt what I did

You're a very smart player Pharphis. It seems unlikely that you didn't consider that your trap might catch a town PR instead of a scum. I believe someone has lured me out into confirming being a cop once with a ploy. I was kinda new to forum mafia at the time, and there are several new players in game.

I already read you scummy because you strongly implied you had strong evidence and then played it off as a "I just wanted to see how people would respond or how he would respond" when it came time to produce the "evidence". Now you have brushed off the fact that it looks like subtle rolefishing by falling back upon intentions. Nobody knows your intentions but you, but you're too smart not to have thought of the repercussions of making such a play.

My best guess is this was an attempt to establish town cred.

Good catch. My previous stab at it was an assumption based upon Pyro's super triple wall of quote followed by a 4th post spree that came just before djmbbandie's post. If you didn't get it right, maybe djmbbandie will clarify just to end it as a distraction, if nothing else.

You and I usually disagree, but I'll also /cosign. No intention to provide willies though, wet or otherwise.

You're a very smart player Pharphis. It seems unlikely that you didn't consider that your trap might catch a town PR instead of a scum. I believe someone has lured me out into confirming being a cop once with a ploy. I was kinda new to forum mafia at the time, and there are several new players in game.

I already read you scummy because you strongly implied you had strong evidence and then played it off as a "I just wanted to see how people would respond or how he would respond" when it came time to produce the "evidence". Now you have brushed off the fact that it looks like subtle rolefishing by falling back upon intentions. Nobody knows your intentions but you, but you're too smart not to have thought of the repercussions of making such a play.

My best guess is this was an attempt to establish town cred.
While I appreciate being considered a smart player I did not consider the possibility at all. I didn't think very hard about it.

While I appreciate being considered a smart player I did not consider the possibility at all. I didn't think very hard about it.

I've been guilty of that myself. I sometimes don't think real hard about things and then usually that ends up with me in hot water.

I have to ask, though... you want us to believe that your play was thought out enough that you wanted to see how the player and other players would react to it, you followed up on the play by adding at least an additional post saying you had a reason/evidence that you would reveal at a set time ... and you want us to believe this was a pro town play on your part. I can go that far, but the wheels come off when you ask me to believe you didn't think about what bad things might come from your play.

I say this because you have attacked similar play on my part in the past for some of the same reasons you are under fire now.

As for you being a good player, it wasn't simply a compliment. You are, and until that wall of quotes post where you admitted the whole thing was a ruse, I was actually thinking you were a town PR of some sort and had found us a day 1 scum to kill (at the cost of yourself presumably). I actually assumed the roundabout means was an attempt to cloud whether you were a PR or not.

But then that whole wall of quotes where you first say someone should only vote antswers if they believe you have strong evidence, but later in the post reveal that you have nothing and it was just a ploy (this seemed contradictory to me, and still does) and then the OMGUS vote on Moar. It just feels scum and not usual for you playing town and scumhunting, at least to me.

(Is this enough to satisfy your Wall 'o text fetish djm?)

As much as Pharphis is being off, I'm not convinced it is deserving of a lynch. Much like Gory, I need some more convincing!

Right now, Noodle is still jumping out at me as scummy and I would love to get rid of a known lurker early on.

Anyway, my reason was to see how antswers would react, and planned on doing this before seeing keg's vote on him.

I don't actually have any evidence against him of any kind.

not an OMGUS:

Also willing to vote Sath

Interesting that you come out and post this after kestegs refuses to provide his evidence.

No, I don't have a post restriction. I voted Ant simply for the reaction, in true sath style as someone said. I wasn't intending to fake a post restriction, but after Pharphis said he wanted me to say what I thought I really wanted to see what he would say without me giving him any more info. Turns out he had nothing, which really bothers me. And yes, that's a little bit of kettle/pot territory there, but I think it makes sense.

It does make some sense

It's merely a clip from Family Guy. Nothing of importance.

/OT nothing from FG is ever important

Pyro quoted both djmbbandie and kestegs. Multiple times each.

Pyro didn't quote (all game, there are more if only counting the quad-post spree):
1. Caluin Graye
2. pharphis
3. Laarz
4. Bad Ash
11. Pyrotechnician
12. AnnualAntAnswers
13. CoolguyBad
16. Jcakes
20. korialstraz

I don't think that is djmbbandie's explanation.

I am also not sure why Drixx is answering for dj ....

It was likely in reference to Pyro traveling through Colorado, which both kestegs and DJM have listed as their location.

And CG as well? Interesting, why not just let DJ answer, any particular reason you guys decided to speculate on djs reasoning?

Guess these cops arresting me for running naked through a Best Buy don't realize the government is shut down? Uh, check your email, guys.

And back to lurky /OT noodle

There was no distraction until people decided to start answering for DJ, DJ was asked a question why do people feel the need to answer it for him?

Ok I went back through pharphis's voting history and noticed that he did have a vote on Antswers in twilight, makes him look a little less suspicious.

~~~~Twilight~~~~~
Sweet, now we can get to lynching obviscums
Vote: Antswers

multiple other posts follow this one, didn't quote them though.
~~~Day 1~~~~
Ha! You're right, that is one of the ways to find out. I hate to agree with BPC (and bad ash even more because of the minigame) but noodle is obviscum.

Please, gory, use the stick on drixx. You only voted for him once!

Vote: AnnualAntAnswers

All will become obvious before day end. Well, at least my reasoning for voting and presumably keg's

Mini-mafia: I just don't like you any more ;)
I have reason to believe Antswers is scum and will elaborate more later

Well obviously I don't want to reveal why just yet. There are dozens of reasons why this could be

UH OH, did Noodle receive his role before the game even started?
= scum

This is a bit too role-fishy for me
no I did not

You shouldn't just trust me until I've laid out a case of some sort, you're right.

I'll post my reason sometime in the afternoon or evening today (so we still have like 24 hours to think) but I'd like to hear keg's reason for voting first.

Sooo lol

I didn't say you should vote with me. You should vote for antswers if you think he's scummy or believe I have strong evidence against him

Mine or keg's or both?

ok .

This is a good question!

What made you so strongly believe I wouldn't come out and say my reason? I even gave a timeline for when I would give it. I feel a little stupid for saying I had a reason early on instead of just waiting.

ok this one made me laugh

Of course it was your thought, scumcakes. What else could you possibly think?

Anyway, my reason was to see how antswers would react, and planned on doing this before seeing keg's vote on him.

I don't actually have any evidence against him of any kind.

not an OMGUS:

Also willing to vote Sath

What I don't like about this whole exchange is that pharphis voted for Antswers after kestegs, then asked kestegs for his reasoning, when kestegs refused, pharphis said "i've got nothing"

It just feels off to me, feels to me like pharphis has a connection with Antswers and is trying hard to distance. Anyway I think it has all been said before, thought I'd just drop his posts in order

The accusations on him seem pretty contradictory IMO. If you guys are set on the fact that pharphis is a smart player, then why would he put a quick 2nd vote down knowing he'll be questioned on it and be unable to defend it? That really doesn't make sense as mafia play. I just don't see a mafia veteran making a move like that and putting himself out in the open for no real reason. His "role claim" seemed obviously fake, my first impression of it was that he was just joking about.

Also, isn't pharphis the one that knows AA? It would make sense for him to mess with AA and/or force him to involve himself in the game. I know that's exactly what I'd do if I was playing with a friend.

It's not the emoticon. I tend to gloss over those.

It was that you jumped to question kestegs and pharphis over their votes on AAA, but haven't made a peep about Goryani voting Drixx or BPC voting Noodle. Neither of them gave any concrete reasoning for their votes.

So why is voting for AAA something that interests you, but not voting for Drixx or Noodle?

Very reasonable question. Those votes for Drixx and Noodle are equally interesting, but they were first couched in joking terms. That doesn't make them any less real, but it did make them seem like a less important thing to address. The votes on AAA seemed quite serious, in spite of the absence of any real conversation regarding why. In addition, just by virtue of knowing Drixx outside of these forums I'm at least subconsciously inclined to go easy on him I suppose. In order to combat that, I take extra effort to make sure I'm actually giving proper consideration to him as possible scum.

If kestegs' purpose was to initiate discussion... do you feel you are contributing to that discussion?

Absolutely. The discussion itself isn't important, it's what the discussion reveals about the players, and simply by having this conversation we've created more information we can use to help us find scum.

Pharphis: Why Moar? I don't find the simple statement "I thought they were scummy" as anywhere close to sufficient reason when it's laid out as the sole reason for a vote. Obviously there's a sense of feeling when someones playing outside their standard townie style, but this is twice that you've placed votes without any reason you can point to. The first time you say was merely a ploy to draw out newbie scum. What is it this time?

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High