The "Somewhat Vanilla" forum mafia game.

Re: The "Somewhat Vanilla" forum mafia game.

I'll make you a deal. Tit for tat, quid pro quo. You convince your buddy Bad Ash to answer Gwaihir's (who we all know to be pro-town) question, and if he does, I'll share my win-condition with the thread.

But I know he won't do it. You and I both know why he won't, too.

I can't make him answer any questions I don't know the answer too. Tell me, you are convinced Zemaj was lying about the two factions. So you really think BA would out his cop ability to lynch a fellow mafia who was in no danger at all just to gain town cred?

Sathoris, FoE, you voted for me. Read my post number 685 and say,

Should we lynch bad Ash to confirm everything he said?
Should we wait for invest power role confirm on bad Ash?
Should Bad Ash reveal invest power role and confirm owerwhelming advantage town has from his PoV?
What happens if no power role comes out to confim Ash's claim?

I think Ash is really caught in lie about this power role, and there was no reason to lie about it. And he still insisted about one of those being there.

Ooh missed your post before mine.

Should we lynch bad Ash to confirm everything he said?
Should we wait for invest power role confirm on bad Ash?
Should Bad Ash reveal invest power role and confirm owerwhelming advantage town has from his PoV?
What happens if no power role comes out to confim Ash's claim?

We've reached a point where we need to either lynch Bad Ash or frozzzen. Both have their ups and downs. It's not that easy to just say we need to lynch Ash to confirm what he said. And yes he does need to come forward the thrid investigative player. He already said he wanted that person to do so which means he can't claim a dead player. If no one comes out with the investigative power than we can conclude that Bad Ash was making it up. Which only complicates things further.

If there only is one mafia faction, why would he give up his mafia brother and confirm me as town while still hint at an undisclosed investigative power role. The investigative PR claim wasn't at all neccesary for us to believe him. Why jeopardize his own gambit?

If there are two factions and he caught Bob from the rival faction then that means he does have the power he claims to have. And he could just carry on masquerading as town. No need for the vague investigative power.

On the flipside of the coin we have frozzzen, who suddenly has a flurry of activity and a theory for everything that happened. You scream scum to me trying to buy one more day by piling everything on Bad Ash and fixing in on his investigative PR claim.

But any discussions now are irrelevant unless we hear Bad Ash give up his secret investigative player. If he refuses then I see no chouce but to lynch him.

I pretty much agree with sath, and I believe that BA will come forward with it. If not, then yes we won't have any choice but to lynch him.

However, I can't imagine a reason that he would lie about this investigative role. The only motive I can see for that would be if he was building up a claim to be used by a scum partner. I will be on here and be able to change my vote for 3-4 hours before I have to go. Hopefully BA will show up in that time.

I do still consider you to be the one who's most likely to turn out scum.

As stated, the person is alive and free to come forward if they choose. I am not going to out them, they obviously have a reason for wanting to stay quiet and in a game where some weird stuff has been going on for the entire game I am not going to jeopordize the towns chances.

If I have to sacrifice myself, so be it. I am not lieing, and am not going to betray someone who has their reasons for staying quiet.

I get that reasoning. However, if he doesn't choose to come forward today or at the very latest tomorrow my trust in you will start to dissapear..

Fair words, both Sath and FoE. With Ash unwilling to out investigator, I believe best choice is to lynch him and get truth out of his confirmed role. And it seems that this will indeed be the case.

Also I call out investigator to out himself early so that we can confirm truth in his words, and not last hour of day where we get chaos.

I still can't see your logic Ash, confirming PR, getting two investgative roles, JM's night kill, me as mafia member down. Those are all things that would benefit town. There will be no point in claiming that role once you are dead, and it can be act of scum trying to bend into picture..

My problem is, that I don't have any internet at home and will get off from work in less than three hours.

Ughhh....

You're not making this easy BA!

It seems pretty obvious that either BA or fozzzen are scum, but it's still a tough decision. I really don't think we're into LYLO, but you still want to make the right choice.

I'm going to wait for a vote count before putting my vote anywhere, although I don't think either one is that close to being lynched yet.

Well how many people are left to claim? Here's the list of living players and their claims:

1. Jason Maher - mason
2. FredOfErik - bus driver
3. kestegs - survivor (neutral)
4. NacRuno - neutral
5. Caluin Graye - no claim, but claims his win condition is met (neutral?)
6. Gwaihir - mason
7. frozzzen - vigilante (townie)
8. Sathoris - townie
9. Bad Ash - cop

There are only two candidates if you're telling the truth - Sathoris, and CG. And if I can figure that out, the Mafia sure as hell bloody well can. And Sathoris is only possible if you investigated him nights 2 and 3. Which strongly suggests CG - but why would he have a separate win condition from the rest of the town? Or is it required for him to put a locking vote on a scum he has investigated in order to win?

Comments?

Could such a thing as a neutral investigator role exist? that would kinda complete the image: bob = antiwon cop, BA = town cop, CG = neutral cop..

Urgh - forgot Sathoris' Doc claim. Which leaves one possibility if Bad Ash is telling the truth: CG is the pro-town investigative role. Either one of them feel like confirming?

Did BA ever mention him as pro-town?

I am of course assuming a pro-town investigative role would not lie and claim a different town power role or a neutral role. Especially in the detailed way most of the claims have been done.

By the by, on re-reading, CG is obviously claiming without claiming by 'outing' Sathoris as bad.

So then, are Bad Ash and CG a pair of cops (or cop-like roles), or are they both lying scum, or is Bad Ash lying scum but on the level about CG?

Did BA ever mention him as pro-town?

Irrelevant. With the claims that have been made, and assuming that no townie would lie about their role, CG is the only possibility for BA's "pro-town investigative role", should such a role actually exist.

My question was if BA stated that he investigated somebody who was "protown investigative role" or just "investigative role".

My question was if BA stated that he investigated somebody who was "protown investigative role" or just "investigative role".

I also find that relevant, because that would include CG in the possible list of who it could be. I guess I could try to find that post.

N1 myself.
N2 Sathoris. He has been playing ridiculously good mafia in the community forum games and him being anti-town would have been a big problem for all of us involved and I was concerned.
N3
N4 Bob. My main tactic in mafia games is looking at voting history. I feel like more often than not we find an anti-town who holds out hope that their teammate will be spared and I picked someone who hadnt voted for franklin when he flpped scum.

The PMs I received stated that I was pro-town investigative. Sathoris was pro-town. N3 was pro-town investigative. N4 was anti-town.

Here it is, says pro-town for sure.

N1 myself.
N2 Sathoris. He has been playing ridiculously good mafia in the community forum games and him being anti-town would have been a big problem for all of us involved and I was concerned.
N3
N4 Bob. My main tactic in mafia games is looking at voting history. I feel like more often than not we find an anti-town who holds out hope that their teammate will be spared and I picked someone who hadnt voted for franklin when he flpped scum.

The PMs I received stated that I was pro-town investigative. Sathoris was pro-town. N3 was pro-town investigative. N4 was anti-town.

For the benefit of FoE.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High