The "Somewhat Vanilla" forum mafia game.

Re: The "Somewhat Vanilla" forum mafia game.

Originally Posted by Bad Ash
I didnt say Bob was busdriven I just mentioned this was a possibility. We dont know the motives or directions of those who are already dead and I dont have an explanation for this.

Who is dead then?

Bus driver action took place on night 4 probably. From night 4 we have thefranklin as possible bus driver. TC didn't mention anything about him having some redirection abilities, dunno if town receives full status tho.

All people that dropped dead before day 4 doesn't count. Meaning we have thefranklin as possible bus driver since all other players claimed role/got confirmed by masons. Except Sathoris ofc, he can help you on this part again.

You don't have person to point at being bus driver at all. Confusing town muchly gets you only scumpoints.

Ah yes, another question: [highlight]Who did you investigate night when bob turned out anti town?[/highlight]

This is the funniest thing I've read all game, outside of 'there's a cult!' You're basically saying that not only did TC give the town a reusable, practically unstoppable night kill action, but he also neutered the mafia into oblivion by disallowing them to use their one tool available to them.

Awesome. Just how biased towards town do you think this game really is? Keep in mind this is a vanilla game.

Sathoris is mafia. You're covering for him.

Then why arent there night kills? I have no answer for it and am throwing Frozzens words back at him because it was his idea that the mafia have a 1 in 4 chance to night kill.

I have nothing to cover for Sathoris at all. I have a read from him and my ability and relayed it to the town. And I am not going to give you the information you seek frozzen because I dont trust you to be town. coming forward has worked out almost perfectly for the town with multiple anti town lynches and I dont see any reason why that trend cant continue.

I fingered you frozzen and you are over blowing the situation to save your butt, I cant blame you for that, but your information just isnt correct and based on pure "maybes".

You say that we are one mislynch away from losing the game, so what happens when you lynch me and I turn up pro-town?

Frozzzen has post #666, sure sign of mafia!

I am leaning towards agreeing with BA on this, although I still think Frozzzen brings up some valid points. I can't argue with BA for not revealing a role when it is not pertinent.

I am inclined to think the opposite of anything CG says at the moment, but that is mostly just a knee-jerk reaction. He has opened up a lot more today and I really don't think he has fulfilled his wincon yet.

And yes, Neutrals will naturally lean more towards the town side. As I think I have proven already. It's a lot harder for me to win alongside the mafia than it is alongside the town, at least until later in the game that is.

You skipped highlighted questions Ashy =)

You could have tossed whole post to CG, but failed to mention two names? Also bear in mind that pro town role - confirmed by you asked you to tell who was that investigative role.

To refresh your memory:

Originally Posted by Gwaihir
Hmm, so at this point I can't see why to not reveal everything Bad Ash. Who was the third investigation, and why do you think they also have some sort of investigative powers? What info do you get when you investigate someone?

Oh, and I forgot to comment on something else. I have no NK immunity in my role PM whatsoever. If I have any immunity I am unaware of it. I'm not saying that I don't believe Nac, I just don't have it.

I am inclined to think the opposite of anything CG says at the moment, but that is mostly just a knee-jerk reaction. He has opened up a lot more today and I really don't think he has fulfilled his wincon yet.

If I were in your position, I'd think the exact same thing. Can't blame you there. I just don't particularly care anymore is all, so why not share what I know?

You have to admit that what I say makes logical sense though, yes?

Frozzzen has post #666, sure sign of mafia!

I am leaning towards agreeing with BA on this, although I still think Frozzzen brings up some valid points. [highlight]I can't argue with BA for not revealing a role when it is not pertinent.[/highlight]

And yes, Neutrals will naturally lean more towards the town side. As I think I have proven already. It's a lot harder for me to win alongside the mafia than it is alongside the town, at least until later in the game that is.

How don't you guys get it? He doesn't have any person that can accept this role. He should go and say it out loud. That role can confirm his position as cop. Only thing he can't say is that it's Sathoris since he initially said he investigated Sath on N2 and pro town investigative role on N3.

Also since when cops get roles? I think they get alignment only (granted, I didn't play many TC's game so I don't know what are his rules on this matter)

I really think it would be best if we got everything on the table. If you have info on another investigative role, let us know Bad Ash. Also, they should come forward and let us know what they found over the course of the last 5 nights, that is a ton of info that we can now use to figure things out.

First claim: I am one bullet Vig. Pro town. I used my bullet back in early game when we failed to lynch OMG and I shot him. I do regret this decision as he turned out Mason and pro town indeed, however I think this piece of information will be pretty useful to us now.

Unconfirmable and useless.

We are playing game where mafia has no bullets. Instead, we are the one that have bullets, but we don’t have power roles. We don’t have doc. We don’t have cop. We don’t have Bad Ash.

I highly highly highly doubt that. This a 'somewhat vanilla' forum game. Giving the mafia no kills and making them rely on lynching to win the game is outright impossible for the mafia. Plus there's another reason this is BS, more later.

I will take most out of zemaj’s and bob’s blurt – there are two mafia fractions, we are close to lylo. There are two mafia fractions with roles – cop, was probably Bob and now Ashy. It’s fortunate enough that Bob said he was corrupt cop and I could link up everything together.

If there are two factions then that means lylo takes a lot longer as scum can lynch/kill rival scum.

So you're saying the mafia cannot kill, yet both have cops. But the cops are useless because they cannot NK. Say they got a mason reveal and want to lynch that guy. A fellow mason could just vouch for the lynch target and the mafia are useless because they cannot kill. This setup you're advocating makes no sense whatsoever and to present it is a foolish attempt to lull the town into thinking they can't be NK'ed.

His win condition is probably that he had to place a locking vote on a scum.

Honestly if that's true I won't bother with TC games anymore. Giving a neutral a wincon which just implies he has to be as town. Useless.

Another thing to assume in this scenario - if Bad Ash is indeed cop, what are chances of him being alive by now? I say low to none.

Perhaps because we've had no NK's at all since he claimed other than JM's kills. If other people died that might hold true, but it's just plain wrong.

In case that wasn't clear to anyone - Sathoris is mafia. Just throwin' that out there.

Course you would, add some confusion. Still waiting on that wincon of yours. If you've already won why not share it with us and help the remaining townies out.

If I told you what it was, would you even believe me? I wouldn't.

Cause it doesn't exist smartass

---

I'm the last to claim and it might be the missing puzzle piece to sort out this mess. I'm the doc, which imo effectivly rules out this implausible 25% kill chance for the mafia. I protected:

N1: Myself
N2: Noodle (thought he might know something about Zemaj)
N3: JM (mason protect)
N4: CG (thought he might had a PR and relied on Wifom that the mafia might go for someone else)
N5: Bad Ash (cop protect)
N6: Bad Ash (cop protect)

---

My thoughts:

- Frozzen's theory is absurd and I don't like how he's trying to draw out the 1v1 vs Bad Ash. It's making me think he has something else planned.
- CG keeps trolling us.
- Trusting Nac and Kestegs neutral role.
- JM and Gwaihir are masons
- Bad Ash is the cop.
- Not sold on the busdriver targets from Erik, he might be making them seem pro-town and at the mean time setting up Bad Ash by not telling us he switched his targets (Bob debate)

Imo Frozzzen or CG needs to go today, CG can wait. So it's Frozzzen

Vote: frozzzen

Course you would, add some confusion. Still waiting on that wincon of yours. If you've already won why not share it with us and help the remaining townies out.

I'll make you a deal. Tit for tat, quid pro quo. You convince your buddy Bad Ash to answer Gwaihir's (who we all know to be pro-town) question, and if he does, I'll share my win-condition with the thread.

But I know he won't do it. You and I both know why he won't, too.

Sorry I wont be bullied by the two people who are on top of the to be lynched list. If they want to come forward they are more than welcome to. Especially cause I can already see how this is going down.

There are not many reasons for someone to spaz out when they are fingered by a confirmed townie, but I can think of one. With 9 left and a fair amount of mafia gone frozzen is displaying perfect signs of scrambling to do anything to stay in the game including grasping at everything he can.

Cal remember how I acted in your first game when it was all over? Thats how frozzen is acting now (not that you care ofc). If I didnt say he was my #1 target would he even have said a word about me? No, he woulda waited till he had an opportunity to finger someone else to save his own butt.

He was a hardcore lurker, uncontributer in this game, and the second he goes to the top of 1 persons list all hell breaks loose. Case closed.

Good thing about your clam Sath, is fact that you blindfolded yourself to all problems concerning Bad Ash. You are most likely covering for him. So you are doc?

Fine. Did you as well dodge

From Bad Ash's pov:

1. Jason Maher - mason, confirmed
2. FredOfErik - bus driver, unconfirmed
3. kestegs - neutral, unconfirmed
4. NacRuno - neutral, confirmed
5. Caluin Graye - some sort of scum/weird neutral
6. Gwaihir - mason, confirmed
7. frozzzen - scum
8. Sathoris - doc, confirmed
9. Bad Ash - cop

In this, already opened game, you say there is pro town investigative role. You cannot pin that to either yourself, me, Sath, Gwaihir, Jason or Nac. They are all already confirmed by you.

That leaves FoE, kestegs, and CG. FoE claimed bus driver, kestegs neutral. CG does say he has some kind of investigative role, but I don't think he is pro town at all, his results are opposite of yours as well. Probably just another scum buddy of yours alongside with Sath, trying to distance himself from you two guys.

After FoE and kestegs claimed you didn't budge an inch to their would be roles, so I will assume that you didn't investigate either of them, cause in case of them faking claim, you would go all "wrong, I investigated you, you are xyz".

You don't have a single person to pin your fathom pro town investigative role. You don't have a person to pin your fathom bus driver role except latter thefranklin that turned out mafia member, and TC didn't mention any powers about him.

Still you don't want to answer about who did you investigate when you got Bob's result of being scum.

---Preview edit:---

Oh you are online, nice, how about giving answers then?
Who is pro town investigative role, who did you target when you got Bob's results as scum?

Cal remember how I acted in your first game when it was all over? Thats how frozzen is acting now (not that you care ofc). If I didnt say he was my #1 target would he even have said a word about me? No, he woulda waited till he had an opportunity to finger someone else to save his own butt.

I agree completely. I just don't have the hard evidence that says he is mafia like I do with Sathoris.

It's totally possible you two are bussing him six ways to Sunday for the town cred.

Also, you aren't bullied Ash. You have been asked legitimately valid questions that you are dodging to answer. Ofc, you can say - scum, I won't answer you, but when Jason, that has stronger voice then me asks, I wonder what will you do?

Probably just flee offline and pray that town goes into your direction, cause you don't have any other choice.

As for you Sath, I might have one nice little idea how to test you for tomorrow. You are siding with Ash meaning you are pretty nice target to go for after Ash turns out scum.

Sorry I wont be bullied by the two people who are on top of the to be lynched list. If they want to come forward they are more than welcome to. Especially cause I can already see how this is going down.

There are not many reasons for someone to spaz out when they are fingered by a confirmed townie, but I can think of one. With 9 left and a fair amount of mafia gone frozzen is displaying perfect signs of scrambling to do anything to stay in the game including grasping at everything he can.

He was a hardcore lurker, uncontributer in this game, and the second he goes to the top of 1 persons list all hell breaks loose. Case closed.

I agree with this. He has been lurking and did not speak out against you earlier. I am also not sold on his interpretations. So basically he is acting quite scummy, and right now I see only one way to top it. And that is being caught in a lie.

You seem to be caught in the lie. You claimed something that doesn't seem to exist. I am more than willing to vote for frozzen, he was #2 on my scum list today behind CG. But until you can give a good answer to who you investigated and how you knew they had an investigative power:

Vote: Bad Ash

I dont think I need to "buss" (not sure what that means) him to gain town cred consdiering how the last couple of days have gone. If he's getting any grief its cause of his spastic and chaotic outburst and his unconfirmed information.

And frozzen obviously someone isnt telling the truth and you forcing the issue is even more scummy. Its the last piece of your puzzle and if they want to fill you in, they will, but clammoring for information to feed to your scum buddy isnt going to get it done.

Also, you aren't bullied Ash. You have been asked legitimately valid questions that you are dodging to answer. Ofc, you can say - scum, I won't answer you, but when Jason, that has stronger voice then me asks, I wonder what will you do?

Probably just flee offline and pray that town goes into your direction, cause you don't have any other choice.

As for you Sath, I might have one nice little idea how to test you for tomorrow. You are siding with Ash meaning you are pretty nice target to go for after Ash turns out scum.

give me a break. I have been online as oftern as I have been able to throughout this entire game. I am not the one sitting by a computer hitting refresh every 5 minutes to counter argue every single thing someone says (also extremely scummy). I have work, school, and sleep. But please try to sell my "inactiveness" as being scummy like 3 days ago when I had more posts than more than half the people in the game.

Another example of you throwing around lies to get cred.

I agree with this. He has been lurking and did not speak out against you earlier. I am also not sold on his interpretations. So basically he is acting quite scummy, and right now I see only one way to top it. And that is being caught in a lie.

You seem to be caught in the lie. You claimed something that doesn't seem to exist. I am more than willing to vote for frozzen, he was #2 on my scum list today behind CG. But until you can give a good answer to who you investigated and how you knew they had an investigative power:

Vote: Bad Ash

Not gonna happen at this point in time. If you want to lynch me, thats fine, but you need to understand you are being manipulated by someone who is scrambling to save his own butt when there was no pressure even put on him. I've played enough games, frozzen is scum.

I am not dodging the issue. The person obviously doesnt want the information out and I am not going to out them. Plenty of chances have passed for it to be done and it hasnt. I wouldnt be listening to the orders of the mafia.

how about answering my questions frozzen? You stated several times we are in LYLO so what happens when you lynch me and I am town?

How are the neutrals a part of the voting mafia?

How is this LYLO?

Why did you kill OMG again? You said you did and regretted it but didnt give a solid reason why.

Why are you so sure the mafia have a 1-4 chance to get a nk?

Why are you so sure there is 2 possibly 3 mafia factions?

Oh yea I remember why...

Oh, yay, some action! :)
Sorry I haven't been online since yesterday. I once again forgot to pay my internet bill, so I can only access the forums from work..

Yes, this may be hole in my theory, but it doesn't mean someone else didn't target WIMZ. Not mafia.

Why on earth would anybody who wasn't scum target JM (and in that way kill WIMZ) for a night kill?

Also, I am kinda curious about FOE's claim. He knows that Jason has been targetting neutral players...yet he switched him twice with the only known neutral? So you were trying to get Jason to kill himself? Or what was your reasoning behind that switch?

I did not try to get JM killed no. In general I tried to switch him with somebody I would like to see dead. I was convinced JM wouldn't target Nac since he was confirmed neutral (the other neutrals weren't iirc). The question is kinda moot since this problem will apply no matter who I would choose to switch him with. If I chose somebody who I thought could be scum, it would also be possible that JM would target them etc..

- Not sold on the busdriver targets from Erik, he might be making them seem pro-town and at the mean time setting up Bad Ash by not telling us he switched his targets (Bob debate)

I can't say much to that. My cards are on the table..

how about answering my questions frozzen? You stated several times we are in LYLO so what happens when you lynch me and I am town?

How is this LYLO?

Why did you kill OMG again? You said you did and regretted it but didnt give a solid reason why.

Oh yea I remember why...

Good questions. Although, I honestly don't see what harm it would do if you answered your questions aswell.

-------------------

So I'm confused. CG can wait, but I don't trust him. I'm convinced either BA or frozzzen are mafia. However, BA's claim has proven true until now. Frozzzen claims a role that can not by any means be confirmed, and throws around a lot of theory that seems really weird to me. I could go for a lynch of either one, since it would basically confirm the other. However frozzzen seems the most scum to me, and I would rather mislynch a VT than a cop.

Unvote: Caluin Graye

would be nice with a vote count..

I did not try to get JM killed no. In general I tried to switch him with somebody I would like to see dead. I was convinced JM wouldn't target Nac since he was confirmed neutral (the other neutrals weren't iirc). The question is kinda moot since this problem will apply no matter who I would choose to switch him with. If I chose somebody who I thought could be scum, it would also be possible that JM would target them etc..

Forgot this bit:
JM also knew about Nac's possible NK immunity, which is another reason, why I didn't think he would target him.

How is this LYLO?

Oh yea I remember why...

I will answer your questions Ash, but fact is that you are dodging key question that has been asked. Who is pro town investigation role?

Now, if there is pro town investigation role, why doesn't it reveal itself today, when cop can confirm it for sure? It would:
a) Confirm you being cop
b) Make sure I get lynched (and to think me being lynched as mafia member in that case would mean 4 mafia dead; with 2 pro town investigation roles, JM that can NK, mafia kill that is quite questionable, I think it's only matter of time when will town win)

And if we kill you, you turn out cop, then we know that
a) We still have confirmed town investigation role, since cop wouldn't lie
b) We have confirmed townie - Sath
c) You have me as dead meat tomorrow lynch

Now to answer your questions

Neutrals are neutrals. They aren't pro town, and with 2 survivors, mafia can get edge in voting in LYLO situation. So far it's not LYLO, yes I made mistake when I first set everything in my head, but if you are indeed mafia then we are dead since everyone is following your lead. If you turn out not to be cop then I'm dead and we have numerical advantage + investigation role + masons.

It's not LYLO. Yes, I failed at math. In extreme case of you and sath being mafia, your kill hits the target this night, Jason doesn't, with 2 neutrals, we have 2 mafia, 2 neutrals and top 3 town. Since you would kill either FoE or one of masons.

This is all hypothesis, but please answer THE QUESTION from before. Then you are confirmed cop for the most part.

I killed OMG cause we missed lynch and I thought it wasn't such bad idea to leave it as it was. With him lynched and day moving on. So far I played only one mafia game in my life, and at that time I died on day 2, with town role as mason, effectively screwing town with bad play. I just didn't want my role to go in vain.
Also I left track of my role when I asked "Is there pro town SK like role". That was me, I knew it all along. if you didn't notice I know of much vaguer roles in mafia, such as coroner. How wouldn't I know Vig that is almost staple of vanilla games?

I'm not sure mafia has 1/4 kill, but leaving them without killing abilities would be a bit too imba, especially since I think there are multiple mafia fractions. It still might be that there is one kill/fraction or something. 1/4 was only idea suggested by Jason Maher.

It never occured to me that there might be 3, but corrupted cop, that can check alignments does imply of second fraction. With zemaj and bob both claiming this I find it rather belivable, even if it's word of mafioso.

[highlight]So really, if there is pro town investigation role, let Bad Ash name it. Then invest role comes out and confirms it, me dead and town goes into winning stage for according to Bad Ash. And I think Bad Ash should name that person, not that person comming out to give it more credibility. [/highlight]

More when I come from school.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High