The "Somewhat Vanilla" forum mafia game.

Re: The "Somewhat Vanilla" forum mafia game.

Perhaps because I pointed out the vote wouldn't count (maybe he'd been bankng on no-one noticing)?

No, because I honestly can't decide. I'll vote Bad Ash when I need to but I can't shake the feeling of frozzzen being scum. As such I'll decide later. Whether I place my vote now or later matters nothing. Save for the fact my vote on someone now could mean there's a lock when I get back.

I hope reason is brainfart. Sath, fix that >_>

And stuff like this. Too anxious of locking BA.

Kestegs, why, WHY did he lie about pro town investigative power role? Why didn't that investigative role come forward to clean Ash, give town loads of info, point at me for being scum trying to incriminate Bas Ash. All, and all that would be in favor of town.

There is only one reason in my book. There is no such role. Ash is scum. How more obvious do i need to be?

Sath, fix plz.

Either he lied or someone else is lying. There are reasons for pro town players to lie. I don't understand why they wouldn't come forward if they are really out there, but I am far from knowing everybody's roles at this point.

It's basically just your word against his.

But, really, why wouldn't pro town role reveal itself, turn me into scum, get confirmed by cop, confirm that there are at least 5 pro town players (masons, ash and pro town invesigator), aka majority of voters there, and powered with two investigative roles, JM night kill, majority of town votes and fluke mafia kills, they would simply proceed to stom mafia out of this game.

Kestegs, can you name one reason for pro town role not to reveal it's ID?

Alright, I can't stay awake any longer. We need to lynch one of Bad Ash or frozzzen to determine who's lying.

Oh, and Sath, that was confirmed townie by Ash would be in 5 of those people.

Like I said, I don't know why. I can think of a couple theories, but they are pretty far into left field.

The case against Bad Ash seems overwhelmingly convincing. At this point I see no reason why a town Bad Ash would hide another investigative role. Sure, I still think CG and frozzzen could be scum, but Bad Ash is the number one option in my eyes.

I have two masons, confirmed pro town against my back.

Now, you guys seem to realize gravity of situation as well. Bunch of people abstaining for now, neutral role already siding to Ash's side. And it all leads to loosing whole darn game if it turns out to be true. For all I care you can lynch me tomorrow, but today, focus on single highest threat to town.

Sath if you are town, can you risk whole game? I mean, my theory, that is pretty darn well established, with fact that Ash was lying, vs frozzzen's scum vibe. I think anyone can see weight of those two sides, and they are pushing to

Masons are mod confirmed pro town group for now, and I think we should follow that guaranteed pro town guide. Now only thing I can come up with, is Jason and Gwaihir give direct order to anyone that feels town, to vote for Ash. If he is lying town can very well loose in 2-3 days, and if I'm lying, town can win in 4-5 days. Town has such overwhelming advantage if Ash is cop, that you can even risk it the way it is.

Vote: Bad Ash

This four with five needed for lynch. I know he's lying, so I'm good with a BA lynch. I'll start up on a post explaining some of my recent actions.

In the mean time, I'd like everyone's opinion on who I should investigate tonight.

Unvote: Caluin Graye

I'm realizing that a frozzzen Lynch will confirm a lot less than a BA one. This is 5 then.

This four with five needed for lynch. I know he's lying, so I'm good with a BA lynch. I'll start up on a post explaining some of my recent actions.

In the mean time, I'd like everyone's opinion on who I should investigate tonight.

You can claim to investigate whomever you want, it matters nothing. All you're doing is sowing more confusion and taking advantage of a possible investigative role.

I can't see scum Bad Ash sacrifice a fellow mafia to gain town cred and then overplay his hand with this investigative role. But I can't see town Ash keeping his silence over this investigative role. And in those situations you must never underestimate how stupid ciriminals are.

Depending on the flip, Caluin is next tomorrow.

If this is going where I think it is, my vote is for NacRuno to check if Bad Ash was fooling us.

+1 to Sath. Investigate yourself, it might turn that you are village idiot.

(I apologize if this sounded harsh, I was a bit irritated from entire flow of game; point is I'm not buying your claim even slightest bit)

If this is going where I think it is, my vote is for NacRuno to check if Bad Ash was fooling us.

I forgot that nac was confirmed neutral by BA, even more to go on if he flips scum. Also makes sense that he voted frozzzen. But that's all speculation until we see the flip.

I forgot that nac was confirmed neutral by BA, even more to go on if he flips scum. Also makes sense that he voted frozzzen. But that's all speculation until we see the flip.

Agreed. If Bad Ash is scum, all we really have is Jason and I as town.

If he flips town, we have Jason, myself, Sath as town and Nac as nuetral.

To preface... okay, I lied a little bit. I haven't achieved any win condition. It was necessary, however.

I'm a cop. I'm also insane, both in game and out. Insane cop means all my investigations are reversed. My order of actions:

N1: Myself. Standard fare for TC games. I return mafia, meaning I'm insane.
N2: BobtheWarrior. Returns town, meaning he's mafia. This is why I jumped on his case out of nowhere; if I died and flipped, you'd have a breadcrumb back to him.
N3: Jason Maher. Returns mafia, meaning he's town. This is why whenever Drixx said something, I asked for JM to confirm.
N4: NacRuno. He returned a neutral result. Interpret that as you will.
N5: zemaj. Returns pro-town, meaning he's mafia.
N6: Sathoris. Returns pro-town, meaning he's mafia.

So, my recent behavior. From the day Ash claimed, I suspected he was full of crap. Cops don't get both alignments and roles, but I didn't want to just come out and counter-claim. I hinted at this heavily, though. An ingenious claim though; he basically claimed cop while giving him an out for a counter-claim. "Oh, sure, there are two cops, see? I found the other on night 3. Totally legit, guys."

I knew Bob would flip mafia though, so I wasn't getting Ash's game. Bussing Bob was a strange choice - he was pretty much town. But he also had a low post count, so maybe he asked to be bussed since he didn't have time to devote to the game? It was pretty much between Ash and Bob at that point. I don't know, these are just thoughts that went through my head at the time.

A good question is if they knew I was the cop, why did they not kill me? I suspect they didn't even know I was the cop.

So, fast forward to zemaj's lynch. I knew he was scum. I didn't see any harm in locking him up. It's happened in the past, and nobody ever seemed to care that much.

Apparently I was wrong. WHOOPS.

So I had two options after the town blew up - out myself as a cop, or think up a gigantic bald faced lie. I went with the latter. If I went with cop, I'd have two people gunning for me - JM and the mafia.

But with the 'whatever' approach, only JM would gun for me, and I gambled he'd miss his 25% chance. Mafia wouldn't attempt to kill me, because I'd be an easy lynch. It would not take a whole lot of convincing to get the town to lock me early. Look at who the first two people to vote me are - Sathoris and FoE.

Bad Ash has been locked. Day will end in 3 hours and 20 minutes.

To preface... okay, I lied a little bit. I haven't achieved any win condition. It was necessary, however.

I'm a cop. I'm also insane, both in game and out. Insane cop means all my investigations are reversed. My order of actions:

N1: Myself. Standard fare for TC games. I return mafia, meaning I'm insane.
N2: BobtheWarrior. Returns town, meaning he's mafia. This is why I jumped on his case out of nowhere; if I died and flipped, you'd have a breadcrumb back to him.
N3: Jason Maher. Returns mafia, meaning he's town. This is why whenever Drixx said something, I asked for JM to confirm.
N4: NacRuno. He returned a neutral result. Interpret that as you will.
N5: zemaj. Returns pro-town, meaning he's mafia.
N6: Sathoris. Returns pro-town, meaning he's mafia.

So, my recent behavior. From the day Ash claimed, I suspected he was full of crap. Cops don't get both alignments and roles, but I didn't want to just come out and counter-claim. I hinted at this heavily, though. An ingenious claim though; he basically claimed cop while giving him an out for a counter-claim. "Oh, sure, there are two cops, see? I found the other on night 3. Totally legit, guys."

I knew Bob would flip mafia though, so I wasn't getting Ash's game. Bussing Bob was a strange choice - he was pretty much town. But he also had a low post count, so maybe he asked to be bussed since he didn't have time to devote to the game? It was pretty much between Ash and Bob at that point. I don't know, these are just thoughts that went through my head at the time.

A good question is if they knew I was the cop, why did they not kill me? I suspect they didn't even know I was the cop.

So, fast forward to zemaj's lynch. I knew he was scum. I didn't see any harm in locking him up. It's happened in the past, and nobody ever seemed to care that much.

Apparently I was wrong. WHOOPS.

So I had two options after the town blew up - out myself as a cop, or think up a gigantic bald faced lie. I went with the latter. If I went with cop, I'd have two people gunning for me - JM and the mafia.

But with the 'whatever' approach, only JM would gun for me, and I gambled he'd miss his 25% chance. Mafia wouldn't attempt to kill me, because I'd be an easy lynch. It would not take a whole lot of convincing to get the town to lock me early. Look at who the first two people to vote me are - Sathoris and FoE.

I'm sorry but I couldn't read past the first sentence.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High