The Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Questions Thread

ok question....i also use RRM/RWM....is there any special order is has to be? i.e. does the -w come before or after the part for the mods...or does it matter?

nope dont matter one bit.

ok question....i also use RRM/RWM....is there any special order is has to be? i.e. does the -w come before or after the part for the mods...or does it matter?

Nope, they're all command line option flags. They can go in any order you want.

@BranMuffins: It's because windowed forces a different graphics mode.

@ Branmuffins: If you are playing on such a slow machine (mine was kinda bad, but not quite as slow as yours) it might be more efficient to run the AT. A 10 second load time on a 20 second pindle run is a big loss in efficiency. But a 10 second load time on a 70 second AT run is not nearly as big a loss. Thats one of the reasons I run the AT much more than I do Pindle. Plus you could get Tyraels from the AT.

Er...I feel pretty noobish for asking this, but:

Does a mercenary's aura work the same as a paladins? i.e, does the Holy Freeze aura add cold damage to the mercenary's attacks? I assumed so, but you never know.

ok another thing about windowed mode...i am assuming that the resolution is still maxed at 800x600? trying to play D2 at 800x600 on a 1600x1200 screen....interesting

I tried to make Insight and I got this. (BTW I am RWM/RRM)

Insight
Poleaxe
'RalTirTalSol'
Two-Hand Damage: 27 to 39
Durability: 48 of 65
Required Strength: 62
Required Level: 27
Polearm Class - Slow Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 39
Fingerprint: 0x125f257e
+9 to Minimum Damage
Adds 5-30 fire damage
+75 poison damage over 5 seconds
+2 to Mana After Each Kill
Socketed (4: 4 used)
Firstly it does not say 'Insight' in-game. It says Gemmed Poleaxe. But in ATMA it says Insight. However more importantly, where is the meditation aura? If it helps, my cl48 HC Fishy made it for my upcoming HC Blizzballer but it shouldn't make a difference if it is HC or SC. Any help would be appreciated.

Have you used any of the other RWM runewords before? I am thinking that perhaps your RWM isn't installed correctly

@Tohanry, I have Insight running on a SC Char. So it should work but it doesn't unfortunately.

Question: What is a decent run time for a strafer running the pits? My time is pretty bad atm but it's getting better. Im looking for average run times for strafers using upped wws... I assume they are slower than those that use wf/faith. Thanks.

Rabies is totally independant of other poinson sources right? Maybe independent is the wrong word, but if I have, let's say, an assasin with a lot of psn charms and venom, it'll mess up and my psn damage does crappy damage etc (or to be more specific, the psn damage from charms gets hardly noticeable, while if I have a gang of psn charms or venom from treachery and hit somethign with rabies, they work independent of eachother, and does not effect eachother at all, right?

The reason I'm asking is, that if psn damage in conjunction with venom used with a ranged attack it pwnzors. I noticed this myself when I was pvp'ing with my bow/psn amazon, it didn't do alot of damage, but if I actually hit someone with the poisjavelin, the damage skyrocketed.

So I had this crazy idea of using a bow (ranged attack, maybe harmony for vigor :grin:) with treachery's venom and bute someone with rabies in pvp for naaasty damage.

But that won't work right? :sad:

IIRC, rabies doesn't stack with other poison sources like the dagger or javelin skills do. It's basically a separate application, which means you can temporarily override rabies' damage if you hit the target with a higher rate poison. Once the higher rate poison runs out, rabies kicks in again (assuming it didn't run out as well). In short, you won't benefit much from combining it with venom.

Okay, I need some suggestions:

Vampire Gaze
Grim Helm
Defense: 378
Durability: 21 of 21
Required Strength: 48
Required Level: 41
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0x8f63da3d
+100% Enhanced Defense
Magic Damage Reduced by 14
Damage Reduced by 20%
Adds 6-22 cold damage over 4 seconds
8% Life stolen per hit
8% Mana stolen per hit
15% Slower Stamina Drain
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (1: 0 used)

I want to make that helm even better for any Merc. What would you socket it with? Ias jewel with nice 2nd mod, all res jewel, Ed jewel, Sol or what? I'm looking for the most efficient way to pimp that helm :smiley:

Also, would you upgrade it? For extra defense, it never hurts right?

Upgrading it might LOWER the defense. x).

As for the socket, it depends on your other gear...

[EDIT]

The defense on the Grim Helm version is based upon the highest possible defense roll (125). Upgrading it gives it a random defense roll based upon Bone Visages (100-157). So yeah. xD. It's up to you, really. It doesn't really help that much anyway.

[/EDIT]

@Neksja, I wouldn't add extra resists to that helm. Mercs seem to have better resists than the char most of the time. A Shael or Amn would seem better ... for IAS or life leech. Otherwise a IAS/+ED jewel if you have one. But like Nagisa said, it depends on your (and the Merc's) other gear as well.

@Neksja, I wouldn't add extra resists to that helm. Mercs seem to have better resists than the char most of the time. A Shael or Amn would seem better ... for IAS or life leech. Otherwise a IAS/+ED jewel if you have one. But like Nagisa said, it depends on your (and the Merc's) other gear as well.

Too bad that Shael adds fhr and Amn adds attacker takes damage in helm :rolleyes:

I may have to put some temporary jewel in it, before I get anything better. More suggestions needed!

Neksja, IAS jewel definitely. A single Sol wouldn't make much of a difference, but a Mal on the other hand.. Combining that with a perfect MDR Glad's Bane could make the merc a bit sturdier against elemental attacks such as the Hydra's in Baal runs, and lightning from Souls.

Too bad that Shael adds fhr and Amn adds attacker takes damage in helm :rolleyes:

I may have to put some temporary jewel in it, before I get anything better. More suggestions needed!

Oh right sorry bout that. :lipsrsealed:

Er...I feel pretty noobish for asking this, but:

Does a mercenary's aura work the same as a paladins? i.e, does the Holy Freeze aura add cold damage to the mercenary's attacks? I assumed so, but you never know.

I don't see this answered, so, yes, it's basically the paladin's skill. That's why prayer on a prayer merc synergizes meditation from Insight to give a double heal effect.

Just something I've been wondering for a while now...where the heck did the term "fishymancer" come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High