The Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Questions Thread

I tought of one:
When I smash mephistos soulstone at Hellforge, does player setting affects rune drop?

I tought of one:
When I smash mephistos soulstone at Hellforge, does player setting affects rune drop?

Of course it does. But before smashing, make sure you go and repair the hammer and then run 3 (THREE!) circles around the Hellforge, wish for a low rune and then you'll certainly get a rune from Hel to Gul on Hell difficulty. I tried it out and it really works!:thumbsup:

No it doesn't.

Can a wand/scepter/staff have charges for multiple spells? For example, a wand with Lower Resist and Confusion charges?

@darko: LOL :laugh:

However, if there are multiple actual players in the game you only get 1 hf drop and all gets the quest done if they are partied (and maybe thay have to be in the same area, I dunno).
Anyway it's a great way to make people shout angry word at you on battle.net :wink3:

Darko: Does /players settings affect quest rewards from akara/ormus/anya? :hide:

@Darkoooo: lol. You have some battle.net experience, eh? Repairing the hammer, running in circles, and spamming the name of the rune... been there done that.

@HC Gunther: Nope.

@zarfen: /players 6 for godly rings.

I heard about being naked when smashing forge is a thing to do :grin:

thanx for the anwsers :smiley:

edit: @ erics: eek. God thing that you warned me, I`ll sit on a pilates ball :laugh:

What kind of bow is the most useful for Harmony? I think I would like to make this bow as a support/switch for my characters that might have to work around an immunity, so the %ED, while nice, is not the deciding factor. I'm thinking the fastest bow possible [-10], with decent damage and not outrageous strength and dex requirements will be the most universally usable, right?

So, I'm thinking one of these 3:
Double Bow 11 to 26 (18.5 Avg) lvl 25 str58 dex73 soc4 [-10]
Blade Bow 21 to 41 (31 Avg) lvl45 str76 dex119 soc4 [-10]
Great Bow 12 to 52 (32 Avg) lvl51 str121 dex107 soc4 [-10]

Double Bow does significantly less damage than the other two. Between Blade and Great bow, I would think the Great bow to be the better choice, as more points are usually placed in strength for most builds over dex, and we all know more dex is not the fix for AR problems.

Ideally, once I get the runes, I would probably make one of each so I could use the Double at level 25 until I get to the great bow at 51. Of course, with the number of dual immunes in Nightmare, having the bow at 25 for an immunity breaker could be overkill, but the vigor aura is always nice :grin:

Am I on the right track?

What kind of bow is the most useful for Harmony? I think I would like to make this bow as a support/switch for my characters that might have to work around an immunity, so the %ED, while nice, is not the deciding factor. I'm thinking the fastest bow possible [-10], with decent damage and not outrageous strength and dex requirements will be the most universally usable, right?

So, I'm thinking one of these 3:
Double Bow 11 to 26 (18.5 Avg) lvl 25 str58 dex73 soc4 [-10]
Blade Bow 21 to 41 (31 Avg) lvl45 str76 dex119 soc4 [-10]
Great Bow 12 to 52 (32 Avg) lvl51 str121 dex107 soc4 [-10]

Double Bow does significantly less damage than the other two. Between Blade and Great bow, I would think the Great bow to be the better choice, as more points are usually placed in strength for most builds over dex, and we all know more dex is not the fix for AR problems.

Ideally, once I get the runes, I would probably make one of each so I could use the Double at level 25 until I get to the great bow at 51. Of course, with the number of dual immunes in Nightmare, having the bow at 25 for an immunity breaker could be overkill, but the vigor aura is always nice :grin:

Am I on the right track?

You won't be able to use the Double Bow at 25, as Ko, a component of Harmony, requires level 39. Great Bow is probably the way to go, although if you don't mind throwing away a Ko, it is very nice to have a Hunter's Bow or some other low-requirements bow for a MF char or just for any char to have Vigor on switch.

@bob
IF you have a mat bow (and playing a zon), it sits perfectly with the lvl requirement of the Ko, allowing you to use the runeword asap.

otherwise, blade bow or great bow will do fine although you have to wait to use it =)

How does cold damage stack? If I'm using Buriza (Adds 32-196 Cold Damage - 8 Second Duration)and wearing Duress (Adds 37-133 Cold Damage 2 sec. Duration), what's the cold damage/second and how long does it last?

Hey, no one answered this one.:rolleyes: Cold damage and duration are seperate and both stack. So it'd be (32-196+37-133) Cold Damage, and (8+2)seconds chill(reduced in nightmare, and further in hell, plus some monsters have a further reduction in chill length).

Kinda similar question Bob asked...

Is it better, for example, have 2*100 poison damage over 5 seconds Small Charms, or 1*100 poison damage over 5 seconds + 1*176 poison damage over 8 seconds Small Charms. The other option would cause more damage over seconds, but I heard that it's better to have SCs with same damage than different ones.

I have read in the commandomancers guide in the Necro's forum about this Poison Dagger bug. Allegedly when you select poison dagger as your attack skill but don't use the dagger as your weapon you don't get the added poison damage boost, but PD AR boost is applied. Is this verified? I suspect it's not true, but it would be nice if it is :grin:

In most cases the 2*100 charms would do more damage. They have a rate of 20dmg per second each, for a total of 20. The other is only 22 per second, but would last slightly longer. So if you are a zealot or bow-azon, the more the, merrier.

I haven't used poison dagger, but I hear it lasts the duration of your charms, so you will always want the longest duration, as lower duration charms won't add much at all.

In most cases the 2*100 charms would do more damage. They have a rate of 20dmg per second each, for a total of 20. The other is only 22 per second, but would last slightly longer. So if you are a zealot or bow-azon, the more the, merrier.

Thanks for the answer. I forgot to add I'd use 1*176 + 1*100... So it's between 1*176+1*100 or 2*100... Sorry for confusion.

@DeathMaster: You're right, i missed the fact that it's a 1.10 patch guide. But I didn't find any mention of the PD bug in the 1.11 changes in the stickies(nor that it has been fixed nor that it still exists). It probably doesn't exist, seeing that the author of the guide himself challenges the existence in a couple of lines.

The PD bug no longer exists. Someone in the Necro forum extensively tested and disproved that it still works. I think there is a link to his work at the bottom of the guides page in the necro forum.

The other option would cause more damage over seconds, but I heard that it's better to have SCs with same damage than different ones.

AFAIK, there's no technical reason to prefer poison charms of the same type over mixed poison charms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High