The Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Questions Thread

I want to completely set up a character with awesome items, and from what I can tell and think I have in my stashes, I need to get my hands on

2 more Mal runes (might have all I need, I'll have to check the stash)
an Ist
an Ohm
and a Lo

It's pretty clear that it's time to take up hellforge running. Problem is, my computer sucks. Badly. I'm talking eight-year-old-PIII-with-256-megs badly. My wife has a tasty new dual core 2-gig Vista laptop she guards like a child, but I might be able to use that. The guides seems to suggest that I host on the better PC, but I'd like to be able to play on either place. Can I split the load and do a few on each, hosting with the laptop?

Second, I've read the hellforge guides and they all mention 'modified .dlls' which is great except that I have no idea where to get them or how to use them. Help here would be appreciated.

Finally, how do I get started in 1.09 classic from scratch? I'm thinking a Fire/Cold build with a hefty Static should be functional enough, maybe something like

20 Meteor
20 Orb
10 Static
tele
rest in masteries

Would let me levle quick in cows. I could also try running in 1.11b classic, just because I alread have characters there, but the level reqs and anti-rushing stuff sounds like a real pain.

How do most people get started for HF rushing?

Where can I find the 1.09b patch? The link on purediablo.com is dead, and I can't turn up any but 1.11 on Bliz's site - their pointers to old patches only lead to descrptions of each patch.

Sent it to you thru PM (it's on Blizzard's ftp server)

Quick question : does it matter which difficulty I use the socket quest on for a Monarch? Will I get the max 4 sockets no matter which difficulty I'm in?

Sent it to you thru PM (it's on Blizzard's ftp server)

Quick question : does it matter which difficulty I use the socket quest on for a Monarch? Will I get the max 4 sockets no matter which difficulty I'm in?

No and Yes. Difficulty setting doesn't matter, you'll always get 4 from Larzuk.:fortuneteller:

edit: damn, too slow

I know corpse explosion is half fire and half physical damage. My question is, will fire mastery increase the half that is fire damage?

Ooh, a question along that exact same line of thought:
Does the Barbarian BATTLE CRY skill (which at level 1 is -25% damage from enemies) decrease their death damage as well?

This would include the explosion from Stygian Dolls and I guess portions of FE-enchanted explosions?...

Anyone knows what the range of stats is one a 1.10s call to arms? I just used my last 1.07 runes to make Poops a special weapon for his speial project. (i'm a sucker for special projects) And it rolled like this:

Call to Arms
Caduceus
'AmnRalMalIstOhm'
One-Hand Damage: 144 to 167
Durability: 70 of 70
Required Dexterity: 70
Required Strength: 97
Required Level: 66
Mace Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Item Version: Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x8a49c1d
GUID: 0x16f76d67 0x8a71f93 0x0
+290% Enhanced Damage
Adds 5-30 fire damage
7% Life stolen per hit
Replenish Life +12
30% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
40% Increased Attack Speed
+11 to Battle Orders
+11 to Battle Cry
+20 to Battle Command
+1 to Holy Shield (Paladin Only)
+1 to Redemption (Paladin Only)
Prevent Monster Heal
150% Damage to Undead
+2 to All Skill Levels
Socketed (5: 5 used)

Now, the +20(!!) to battle command kind of bugs me bigtime.

Call to Arms
Weapons
Amn + Ral + Mal + Ist +40% Increased Attack Speed
+200-240% Enhanced Damage (varies)
+2 All Skills
+5-20 To Battle Command Varies)
+5-15 To Battle Orders (varies)
+10-13 To Battle Cry (varies)
Replenish Life +12
7% Life Stolen Per Hit
+5-30 Fire Damage
Prevent Monster Heal
+30% Better Chance Of Getting Magical Items

EDIT: This was taken from some other thread on dii.net. Search tool: "1.10s" should get it.

Last edited:

Wondering what kind of times I should be shooting for with a pure Blizz sorc on Pindle with roughlt 550 MF.

At the moment I am at about 40 secs a run on p8 mainly to level since I am only clvl87.

My old BlizzWaller had an average time of around 18-22. I always tried to keep it at a maximum of 20, but sometimes that wasn't possible.

My newer PureBlizz has an average of around 21-25 seconds.

Even at /pl8, you shouldn't be at ~40. What do you do when Pindle spawns CI? If you kill him, what merc weapon is in use?

My numbers are based on running between /pl1 and 5.

Edit: Also, check ATMA drop calc for certain uniques with an MF value of 550 and lower, such as 350-400. You probably won't see a significant difference, but it may be possible to increase your damage and make it faster, thus, more worthwhile over time. (This depends on items, speed, and preference.)

Damage is 3250-3450 or right around there.

Do kill CI's usually adds 20 secs. Merc is using Insight Thresher.

Should add that timing how long it takes from the time I click single player to actually getting into the game is ~20 secs since Im on an old crappy laptop. (only windows machine) but also the only machine that Ive ever played on so no idea what is "normal" for load times.

Should add that timing how long it takes from the time I click single player to actually getting into the game is ~20 secs since Im on an old crappy laptop. (only windows machine) but also the only machine that Ive ever played on so no idea what is "normal" for load times.

Try playing in window mode, it's great for MFing.

Ok I am going to play stupid....how does one play in windowed mode?

Ok I am going to play stupid....how does one play in windowed mode?

Right click on the icon shortcut you use to open D2.
Click properties.
Go to shortcut tab.
Look at target.
Add "-w" (without quotation marks) after the last character and a space between.

Example:
"D:\Diablo II Folder\D2.exe" -w

--maxgerin

ok question....i also use RRM/RWM....is there any special order is has to be? i.e. does the -w come before or after the part for the mods...or does it matter?

yeah, figured as much. In windowed mode, 20 secs is the high end, usually between 10-15 load time. Switched over some gear now rocking 4K Blizz and pretty consistant times around 35 secs, and about 15-20 in terms of actual play.

Playing on an old second hand dell that was crappy to begin with when it was new 4 years ago since africa has already fried my nice rig. Im going to be so happy when I finally get home come december.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High