The Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Questions Thread

@maxgerin: Nice double post. =). In all seriousness though, corax's charm guide holds the answers to your questions.

Shocking: Adds 1-(44-71) Lightning Damage, ilvl 95

Ilvl 94/5
Here all the "impossibles" become available: Hibernal, Flaming, Shocking, and Pestilent. All incredible if you can get them, all damn difficult too. To get charms of ilvl 94, the optimal places to search are:
*Hell Diablo (can’t drop SC’s high enough to get Hibernal or Shocking)
*Hell Baal

@maxgerin: Nice double post. =). In all seriousness though, corax's charm guide holds the answers to your questions.

Yes, I also suspected much.
But since I can't rely on those two alone (AS and he Charms guide), I would like to bring some attention to it.

If the facts are correct and there is no way whatsoever this charm can exist, then I think I have to PM the mods...

EDIT to DC's post below: That is correct, with Thyiad providing the 3rd proof aside from that of Nagisa and AS. She has been provided with the details of what transpired, I'll leave it to her for now. :smiley:

--maxgerin

Last edited:

I had a few charms with 70+ damage lightning damage on my late Tesladin... but I only had a few for the reason that I had to reroll ilvl99 small charms to get them (or find them directly off Baal), unless I am remembering wrong... I think it can't spawn on ilvl85 charms but I could be wrong. A quick peek through the text files say that ilvl90 is needed.

@max: Your charm surely is possible.

[1.11b SC RRM/RWM]

Shocking Large Charm of Balance
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 60
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 81
Fingerprint: 0x798bd40e
Adds 1-75 lightning damage
8% Faster Hit Recovery

Before people start to doubt the legitmacy of this one, too, this was self-found 1-2 days ago (this weekend). From Hell cows.

[1.11b SC RRM/RWM]

8% Faster Hit Recovery

Before people start to doubt the legitmacy of this one, too, this was self-found by me 1-2 days ago (this weekend). From Hell cows.

That is a LARGE charm, and that is possible.
The one I posted is a SMALL charm.
There lies the big difference. :wink3:

--maxgerin

[1.11b SC RRM/RWM]

8% Faster Hit Recovery

Before people start to doubt the legitmacy of this one, too, this was self-found 1-2 days ago (this weekend). From Hell cows.

This one's a Large Charm S_W. Shocking prefix on those is possible at lower ilvls.

EDIT: Beat by everyone...

Perhaps we can all find new questions to answer? :smiley:

As max said, I'm PMing with him.

A quick peek through the text files say that ilvl90 is needed.

Nitpick: it's alvl 90, but since a SC's qlvl > 1 you'd actually need an even higher ilvl. 95 according to inD.

EDIT @ Thyiad: I'm trying, but too many people seem to have turned on their brains today :badteeth:

EDIT @ Thyiad: I'm trying, but too many people seem to have turned on their brains today :badteeth:

That's a novelty. :shocked:

I can't believe I'm saying this: but can you all stop being clever now. Thank you. :laugh:

Ok, question-time.

I've heard something about the Starfer 8/2 breakpoint not working. My search-fu isnt working and Thyiad just gave the command to stop thinking, so what is up with the Strafe breakpoints and which one should I really aim at?

Ok, question-time.

I've heard something about the Starfer 8/2 breakpoint not working. My search-fu isnt working and Thyiad just gave the command to stop thinking, so what is up with the Strafe breakpoints and which one should I really aim at?

According to a guy in the Phrozen Keep, Strafe is server-side capped at /3 FPA.

All further IAS wont work, despite displaying as if it does. There is a video on youtube showing his test, with a immune zombie and a modded 100%chance to cast teeth on striking. Pretty nice test, I'd say.

EDIT: beaten again :laugh:

^^so this means wfzons having beyond 80ias is pointless? phooey, that's a waste of equipment =P

and what about wfzons with faith mercs?

@zarirazz: In that case, they wouldn't need any other sources of IAS then. o_O. That's pretty interesting (and useless, all things considered...).

I have a question regarding 1.11b Hellforge rushing. *feels glares*. I read the guide and did some searching, but there isn't very much detailed information regarding builds.

1) In the past, I've managed to HF rush with an OrbWaller and a BlizzBaller, but all I have at the moment is a Blizzard sorc (or two). Will this cut it, or should I make something new?

In case you're wondering, I will be modifying the .dll to run multiple instances, and my goal is to get a CTA for Baal running.

You only "need" a character that is able to rush trough all the necessary quests in the game until hell HF in a 8 player game. I don't see why a blizzard sorc wouldn't cut it, as long as your merc is though enough to handle the occational unlucky spawn on quest monsters.

IMO a blizzard sorc would be better for its higher damage = shorter time spent on killing bosses etc, as long as your merc can handle CI council members etc...

Note that I have never preformed even a single hf rush, so don't put too much faith in my posting :grin:

I also have a question: Where would my best bets for levelling a lightning based build to level 90-ish be? I'm not used to pure lightnoing charactrers without teleport, and I'm not sure a merc can handle all gloam/council/occational lister troubles for effective baal running...

I also have a question: Where would my best bets for levelling a lightning based build to level 90-ish be? I'm not used to pure lightnoing charactrers without teleport, and I'm not sure a merc can handle all gloam/council/occational lister troubles for effective baal running...

Pindlerunning, maybe?

Also should net you some loot.

Last edited:

I've started playing classic d2 with out any patches. Is there a list anywhere of the unique and set items and their stats?

You could always try running Arreat Summit through the Wayback Machine.

Dragonlover

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High