The Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huriel

Jul 11, 2007
www.danieljackins.com
The Questions Thread

Hello SPF!

I don't know about anyone else but I always feel a bit goofy when I make an entire new thread just to ask a simple yes or no question. The purpose of this thread will (if people go with it) be to ask those small but important questions. I'll start with a question :tongue:

What do you guys think of this? Yay or nay?

Re: The Questions Thread

Awesome idea, been meaning to do one myself but never got round to it.

Dragonlover

Personally Huriel I think it's a great idea because I often feel the same way. So many little unimportant questions to ask though as is typical of me, I can't think of any right now...

Heh, good idea. I'll start with one:

If you're chilled and put on a Cannot Be Frozen enchanted item, does the chill stay or does it disappear?

Unless it's Holy Freeze, it should be removed. I have one:

If you score a deadly strike, do you leech back double the life (presuming the target is leechable to begin with)?

Heh, good idea. I'll start with one:

If you're chilled and put on a Cannot Be Frozen enchanted item, does the chill stay or does it disappear?

Did this just recently running Baal. I can assure you that you don't instantly unfreeze.

Equiping an item with CBF doesn't 'unchill' a char.

Leech is determined from the amount of physical damage that is dealt to a monster, where %ED, CS/DS and physical resistance are all factured in. CB does not count as physical damage, so you cannot leech from that.

I always feel a bit goofy when I make an entire new thread just to ask a simple yes or no question.
QFT! Such a thread is a great idea. I was planning to make one myself upon gathering enough questions :p

What curse is the orange flame-like thing above your head?

What aura is the green and what's the orange? (I know one of them is Fanaticism, but I don't know which ><)

What aura is the green and what's the orange? (I know one of them is Fanaticism, but I don't know which ><)
Green = conviction.

I actually prefer more smaller thread, as the question gets answered and drops off the bottom, whereas the reader would have to pore through previous, totally unrelated posts in order to find their information.

DelBoy

I agree with waflob. I use the search function quite frequently and usually only search by title because searching any other way ends in having to read through pages and pages of irrelevant posts. Small posts means important key words (should) be in the title making searching for answers later easier.

Hmm? It's very hard to find answers to small questions using the search function, so some questions will be asked over and over again anyway. I think it's cleaner to have them in one big thread than in lots of small ones. Also, sometimes the difference is more between asking a small question in here, or never asking it at all. For an example, I certainly wouldn't make a new thread for "what's the orange flame-like curse and what are the green and orange aura".

If you have a big question with lots of room for discussion, then sure, make a new thread. This thread is more for very small and simple questions. Such as the ones posted so far.

QFT! Such a thread is a great idea. I was planning to make one myself upon gathering enough questions :p

What curse is the orange flame-like thing above your head?

Curses appearance from my Bookmarks

CB does not count as physical damage

That statement is a little off. CB is affected by physical resistance and is therefore some kind of physical damage. You can't leech from it though correct.

That statement is a little off. CB is affected by physical resistance and is therefore some kind of physical damage. You can't leech from it though correct.
You say tomato, I say tomato. :cool:

I'd call CB a life reduction affected by physical resistance. %DR is about the only damage modifier or effect that works with it and then only when it is above 0. That's not ordinary damage.

This might be a little stretch for what's fitting in this thread and not it's own, but I don't feel like lettign such a nice new thread go to waste.

I'm planning on startign out a 1.07 amazon when I get back from ikea (first thing my flatmates greet me with when I got home yesterday was that I need to go and buy a bulk bed and 3 matrasses today because the landlord is picking up our old beds and all others are working :tongue: /ramble)

So:
1. Explain to me how to use atma for 1.07. do you use a special atma (older version) or just make sure you keep it separate from older stashes (I don't have a d2 or atma installed on the comp I'll be playing on, so mixing won't be an issue)

2. What patch did GA stop piercing the same target? IIRC the burittocannon zons was ruling 1.09, so I should be able to abuse GA in 1.07 right?

3. How common is PI's in 1.07, and how big of an issue are they? You see I want to use a bowazon, and no java tree backup.

I hope you don't mind the post not being one yes/no question, see it as 3 short questions crammed into the same post instead of making a separate post for each :grin:

EDIT: I will read trough the whole 50 pages of the 1.07 thread, I'm just too lazy right now, I was stil laround playing when it started so I only need to refresh teh basics me thinks, but come on people, 50 pages and almost 500 posts :shocked: When the thread started you always had to dig it up from page 3! Has the 1.07 population gone up alot?

- This should really have been posted in a thread of its own maybe, sorry for abusiing-

:hide:

1. Explain to me how to use atma for 1.07. do you use a special atma (older version) or just make sure you keep it separate from older stashes (I don't have a d2 or atma installed on the comp I'll be playing on, so mixing won't be an issue)

when you make a new stash in atma there is a little box on the side that sayes "version" with a drop down choice. just select 1.07. i have accidently tried to put a 1.11 item into my only 1.07 stash and it wouldnt let me (thankfully) so you should be ok about keeping things seperate.

if you are using trens version switcher your 1.07 chrs will be in a different folder and to open them in atma you will have to navigate to that folder the first time (and again if you open more than 9 others and it drops off the quick launch screen)
its all very civilized and easy, even i could figure it out.
--
i cant answer question 2 cos i have no idea.
--

3. How common is PI's in 1.07, and how big of an issue are they? You see I want to use a bowazon, and no java tree backup.

i have only played 1 chr in 1.07 since it was the only patch years ago. i made an orb sorc. i dont remember too many pi's but then they wouldnt have been a problem. also i have only got as far as act4 hell as i stopped there to rack run LK for a while.

It might be a good idea to post the small questions and answers on the wiki. We can use this thread as the discussion of those questions.

-Ambrodel

Stuck in Act V NM but cant beat the 3 on the mountain yet to get to the big guy so as i am level 68 with low level gear is it better to do a /players8 and just level more or keep running the big 3 and trying? i play a hammerdin btw

Do i get more EXp playing in the cavers and such as compared to lets say the frozen tundra?

Thanks in advance

Zeulon

Stuck in Act V NM but cant beat the 3 on the mountain yet to get to the big guy so as i am level 68 with low level gear is it better to do a /players8 and just level more or keep running the big 3 and trying? i play a hammerdin btw

Do i get more EXp playing in the cavers and such as compared to lets say the frozen tundra?

Thanks in advance

Zeulon

You could probably stand to level a bit more if your gear isn't great.

If you do decide to keep trying I'd recommend doing everything you can to separate the ancients so you have a 2 on 1 situation with you and your merc against one of the ancients. Turning on vigor and running in circles around the perimeter or using teleport charges from Naj's Puzzler/Spell Steal/amulet are good ways to get the ancients separated. Getting any kind of DR gear on your merc will also help immensely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High