The Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Questions Thread

@Zeulon.
1) Are you trying to kill the Ancients on players 1 or 8?
2) What's your damage like?
3) Get RWM so you can use dual spirits. =D.

@Ambrodel: This site has a wiki? Interesting.

I have been trying on /players1 but the WW barb and the Leap attack barb have been chewing me up.

My Dam with Hammers is 2945/3012 or someting close to that.

I havent tried again since level 65 as i have been just working on leveling more.

Another question (Sorry)

Is there a secret to those little doll guys that love to waste my life or just throw up a mess of hammers asap? They are fast!

3k damage should be more than enough. Do you have Holy Shield? How much FCR do you have? Another possibility would be to just spam potions... =P. Your hammers should take them down pretty quickly if you have enough FCR.

Stygian dolls? xD. I think they blow up when you kill them, so be careful! I used to let my merc tank the dolls for me. For some reason, they do much less damage to him... Go figure.

I have been trying on /players1 but the WW barb and the Leap attack barb have been chewing me up.

My Dam with Hammers is 2945/3012 or someting close to that.

I havent tried again since level 65 as i have been just working on leveling more.

Use vigor to separate them trying to get one stuck behind a pillar or the little house that conatins the stairs. Also it's not to hard to get the thrower hiffing axes into a pillar so you don't have to worry about him.

Another question (Sorry)

Is there a secret to those little doll guys that love to waste my life or just throw up a mess of hammers asap? They are fast!

Make sure your merc engages them first since their death explosions don't affect him. Then make sure you stand well back and start spiralling hammers.

I have a quick question if I may..

Do properties of a weapon that decrease enemy resistance work for spells? for example I have a bow that reduces enemy cold resistance by 32% if I equip that and start blasting frozen orbs around will the enemies res be affected? I assume that it will work for facets right?

I have a quick question if I may..

Do properties of a weapon that decrease enemy resistance work for spells? for example I have a bow that reduces enemy cold resistance by 32% if I equip that and start blasting frozen orbs around will the enemies res be affected? I assume that it will work for facets right?

That's an affirmative.

- Noodle

How much slows target do I need on a HF merc to render baal impotent? :) I know kelpie works, but would the unique death mask, blackthorns I think... be enough?

HF does not work on act bosses (and few others). The maximum amount of slow on bosses is 50%. I don't think just a Blackhorn's Face is enough.

Im back with good news!

Went back and Laid a thick layer of hammers down and then clicked the pillar and the ancients were no problem, I used 3 rej potions and 5 mana potions so either they were alot more simple this time or i was just lucky lol (+ super healing potions also.)

I used the same principle through the rest of Nightmare keeping the hammers thick and laying a new thick layer down before he spawned more bad guys each time and i never died. i had to make another trip back to town for more potions :wink3:

When i followed him to his layer i killed the Baal he spawned and him with no problem at all.

Bad thing i went to hell level and thought ohh well its act I no problem right?

WRONG i wasnt paying attention and those little Spike fiends layed me out!

I will pay attention next time.

Thank you all for your help on this my freinds!

Zeulon

Do -% resistance items only work for the character that has them? So, if my merc is attacking an enemy using a weapon that does -25% cold resistance, and I come up with my frost zealot and hit them, I assume that I DO NOT get additional cold damage. Is that correct?

Do -% resistance items only work for the character that has them? So, if my merc is attacking an enemy using a weapon that does -25% cold resistance, and I come up with my frost zealot and hit them, I assume that I DO NOT get additional cold damage. Is that correct?

You are correct. -% resistance only applies to the tagets that the weilder deals damage to.

Like infinity, if you stick it on a merc, YOU (your character realy) only benefit from the conviction aura, not the -% enemy light resistance mod.

I have a question. How do I socket rare items without using my quest reward or burning a soj(which I dont have)? Also, does rerolling an item lose the stats already in place?

I have a question. How do I socket rare items without using my quest reward or burning a soj(which I dont have)? Also, does rerolling an item lose the stats already in place?
You need to use the cube recipe or your quest reward to socket things. Thats the only way. If you do hellforge rushing with any of your characters, at least you can also get a ton of other socket rewards each time you do so.

Yes, rerolling an item erases ALL stats already in place, including any auto-mods you have on it. So if you have javelins with +2 jav/spear skills on it and reroll it, it could easily come up as only +1 next time.

I got another one. Does a unique monster's multi-shot ability work like the Amazons in that only one projectile can hurt something even if multiple projectiles seem to pass through them, or can you be hit with multiple projectiles at once for a large chunk of damage?

You can get hit by a lot of projectiles at once, but I think they tend to spread, so it's only really dangerous up close.

mv

If I am under the Amp curse, do Viper Magi projectiles (from the tail snap) cause 2x the damage? And what type of damage do the Vile Witches/Hell Wictches red orbs do? Is it physical? They are causing my WSK runner problems when I come across them.

Synergies only affect by the amount of actual spent skill points and not +skills, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High