The Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Questions Thread

I have a Beryl Stag Bow (+1 Bow Skills, +10% PR). If I re-roll it with 3 chippies, can I get +2/+3 Bow Skills?

Yes you can, plus a socket or two. But you'll only have one try, you'll only be able to reroll it once.

Yes you can, plus a socket or two. But you'll only have one try, you'll only be able to reroll it once.

[noobie] Whyyy? [/nooobie]
For some reason [noobie] doesnt count towards the 10 charz

Thanks for the answer. Any idea on the likelyhood of each result? 33.3/33.3/33.3? 50/33.3/16.7?

I believe the three chipies + magic item is a socketing recipe. Once the item is socketed, you can't use it again.

Also, yea, it should be a 1/3 change of 1,2, or 3 skills.

I believe the three chipies + magic item is a socketing recipe. Once the item is socketed, you can't use it again.

Also, yea, it should be a 1/3 change of 1,2, or 3 skills.

If I'm not mistaken, the recipe resets ilvl to 25. qlvl of Stag Bow isn't very high, which means you are pretty much restricted to +1 skills (alvl 20 for +1, 40 for +2 and 60 for +3, I think)

It's fairly standard practice to hoard chippies in untwinked play to repeatedly reroll a high qlvl weapon in hell, the recipe can be used to repeatedly reroll a magic weapon. A magical weapon with sockets is still a magical weapon.

Does anyone have any sort of run timer that I can use to keep track of Baal run times? I know one of the save counters gives a rough time estimate (within 5 seconds), but I was looking for something more exact (down to the second). I would like to see what I can do for a best time, and try to beat it, again ...and again on my way to 99.

Hi!

Is the only difference between pindle and pit-bosses the Tyrael/Azure/Arach-thing or does pindle have "better" drops?

My pindle runs takes about 28 seconds and I think I could run the pit (killing 4-5 bosses) in about 1:30, what is more efficient TC87-wise? :wink2:

Thanks!

-Heskla

Edit: My comp is a bit slow so pinlde runs should really just take ~22 secs but alas...

Edit2: @Corax - So pit champions/bosses have the same drops as the super unique pindle?

Last edited:

At those times pit is probably more efficient as you will kill 5+ named champions whereas you'd only get 4 pindle kills. not too mention all the normal enemy drops to boot.

Pindle is run more for the ease of things than anything else.

The Pit also keeps you on your toes and is alot more interesting IMO

So pit champions/bosses have the same drops as the super unique pindle?

So pit champions/bosses have the same drops as the super unique pindle?

Pindle can't drop Arachnid Mesh, Azurewrath and Tyrael's, while champs and bosses in lvl 85 areas can.

Pindle always drops 2 items, while alvl 85 bosses drop one.

Is there a list/link/page around here with the Beta Runewords? Other than CtA and Bramble (the two I know of), is there anything else different/worthwhile/entertaining?

There's also beta Crescent Moon. It has 20% ctc Static Field. I don't think others are different though.

Does anyone have any sort of run timer that I can use to keep track of Baal run times? I know one of the save counters gives a rough time estimate (within 5 seconds), but I was looking for something more exact (down to the second). I would like to see what I can do for a best time, and try to beat it, again ...and again on my way to 99.

That's my kind of thinking. :grin:

I've rewritten quite a bit of my run counter to get accurate times for runs and be able to track them easier for exactly the same reason. It now displays run times accurate to the second, puts the run times in a list box so that a full sessions worth of times can be reviewed afterwards, and has a live counter so you can see your run time as the run goes IF you have a second monitor attached. I'm still looking into drawing the current time over the d2 game screen, similar to what fraps does with frame rates.

Here it is.

I should point out that Silo's counter tracks accurately to the second too but I'm not up to date on what other features it has.

Edit: Thanks Cygnus for clearing up my misconceptions.

It's fairly standard practice to hoard chippies in untwinked play to repeatedly reroll a high qlvl weapon in hell, the recipe can be used to repeatedly reroll a magic weapon. A magical weapon with sockets is still a magical weapon.
I would think that in hell, you would use 3 PGems to reroll an item as that keeps the ilvl of the item. I would think that rerolling something to a ilvl of 25 wouldn't be much help. I was planning on rerolling scepters with all my chippies once I get the cube to generate cash for gambling. Now you have me worried.

How to I recover a map? I know it has something to do with the '-seed' thing, but how do I find out the seed I need to recover my current map, and how do I employ the -seed? (Got a lovely LK, want to make sure I don't lose it, especially in light of a certain recent thread ^^)

Runeword question. Can I take a 4 socket sword and put two low level runewords in it like Steel (Tir/EL) and Strength (Amn/Tir)?

No, Aerali. For the runword to work it has to be in a 2 socket sword/weapon that's specified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High