The Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Questions Thread

when running then? I menat when you stand still :p
sorry for being a bit dizzy

Nope. The 0.25* there does not represent the chance of blocking the attack, ie. not taking damage.

Edit: Whoopsie. Just what I meant to correct, I typed out.

Last edited:

Nope. The 0.25* there represents the chance of blocking the attack, ie. not taking damage.

Actually the 0.25 represents monsters chance to bypass your block(assuming you have a 75% chance to block an attack) :tongue:
If you have 75% chance to block an attack, then the monster has 25% chance to bypass your block.

What colour are Jewelers armours of Amicae?
I'm shopping Anya for claws so figure I may as well keep an eye out.
And who is the best bet for echoing weapons?

Thanks

max.

The armor I checked, Artisan's Light Plate of Amicae, looks just like this.

And the Jeweler's Mage Plate of the Tiger I checked looks just like the Artisan's Light Plate of Amicae.

Combining the Jeweler's and Amicae affixes would result to something similar to the pic as well, I assume. Hope that's correct.

--maxgerin

@maxicek
iirc, it looks normal, so its pretty hard to shop. but you can mouse over them quickly while shopping. the "sockets (x)" description should easily catch your eye =)

Is there a guide anywhere for Hellfore rushing? I did some searching but I can't seem to find anything.

+20 lightning absorb
lightning absorb 15%
... what's the difference here?
The first one(thundergods vigor) only absorbs 20 dmg?

+20 lightning absorb
lightning absorb 15%
... what's the difference here?
The first one(thundergods vigor) only absorbs 20 dmg?

yes. the first one will absorb 20 light dmg.
but don't be fooled.. that 20 is a lot!

iirc absorb is factored in after your resists. so, straight absorb is much better to negate the remaining amount of damage you receive than %absorb =)

I'm in the process of creating my first ever cookie cutter fury werewolf - I usually play slightly "deviant" builds - so I'm not sure what to do here. I need help choosing an endgame weapon, which I think I'll need to pick by tomorrow night at this rate!

I am in my 60s right now in Act III nightmare and just ruining lives on players 8 with my Buriza. I freeze half the enemies I hit solid and with my ludicrous attack speed everything dies in two seconds.

I have three possible items for endgame I'm considering:
1. Upgrade my buriza and socket it with... something. Is that worth doing for the blinding speed, hit freezes target and cold damage? Will the weapon damage get high enough?

2. Bloodtree stump for the crushing blow, but that weapon seems really slow.

3. Etheral Edge. This weapon seems really fast, but no crushing blow or other "stopper" mods like the freeze effect. But I imagine its a slaughter stick. Socket with?...

I figure on switch I'll have a shield and a Demon Limb I found, to do fire damage. I have a single Baranars but I'm going to make it the primary of my next project, a Shout/Concentrate iron barb.

3. Etheral Edge. This weapon seems really fast, but no crushing blow or other "stopper" mods like the freeze effect. But I imagine its a slaughter stick. Socket with?...

Shael. You almost always want speed as a fury wolf, and in this case a Shael takes you from a 7-frame fury to 5 frame, matching the Buriza's speed.

Personally I'd take the Eth Edge and just kill everything before they can do anything rather then freezing them, although that is useful.

I still don't understand how such a small amount as 20 light absorb is a lot?

You have 1000 life.
Burning Soul of Doom Deals 800 lightning damage.
75% resists means it deals 200 damage.
20 Lightning Absorb takes off 20 damage, and heals you 20 hit points (basically, negates 40), removing a full 20% more from the attack.
If it was absorb 10% lighting, it would have done the exact same thing.
Absorb # becomes even better compared to Absorb % when you have resists over the 75 max through various +max resist items.

Applied after resists is what makes absorb in direct numbers as compared to absorb % significant.

Question: Is there a guide someone to how many baal runs each level takes from say, 85 or 88 up?

Thanks

Question: Is there a guide someone to how many baal runs each level takes from say, 85 or 88 up?

Thanks

This is from the quest for lvl 99 thread somewhere...

Code:
Start lvl   End lvl   Runs   Total Runs  %complete
--------------------------------------------------
     98        99     3500      5525       100%
     97        98     1100      2025        36.6%
     96        97      450       925        16.7%
     95        96      210       475         8.60%
     94        95      110       265         4.80%
     93        94       60       155         2.81%
     92        93       45        90         1.63%
     91        92       30        50         0.90%
     90        91       20        20         0.36%

These are the approx. number of baal runs required when running p8/p3. I think jjscud came up with them.

Ikeren said:
You have 1000 life.
Burning Soul of Doom Deals 800 lightning damage.
75% resists means it deals 200 damage.
20 Lightning Absorb takes off 20 damage, and heals you 20 hit points (basically, negates 40), removing a full 20% more from the attack.
If it was absorb 10% lighting, it would have done the exact same thing.
Absorb # becomes even better compared to Absorb % when you have resists over the 75 max through various +max resist items.

Small correction (I'm pretty sure about it), absorb doesn't work like that. What you got there, is the best possible result.

Absorb works like this:

1. your resistant count. Damage = what ever is left.
2. If the character has full life, then apply straight absorb, eg. T-god, straight absorb 20 lightning damage. After straight absorb, apply %absorb . Final damage taken is damage after resistant - absorb amount.
3. If the character doesn't have full life, first straight absort heals either to full life if the the difference between current and full life is less than the absorb amount; or heal the absorb amount. Then apply absorb like above point #2. % absorb healing works the same as straight.

In short, 20 straight absorb gives anywhere between 20 - 40 damage reduction. 10% absorb gives between 10 - 20% absorb if the character resistant is zero. The higher character resistant, the less effective % absorb is.

Now, most monsters don't do a hugh amount of damages. Say lightning blot does 600 damages from hard hitting boss, and you have 75% resistant. After resistant, the damage is 150. T-god could give you max 40 reduction. Compare with 15% absorb, which only gives you max 7.5% reduction = 45. Now keep in mind that 600 lightning damage from single bolt doesn't happen very often. Most time it is less then 300, in which case your T-god still gives max 40 reduction, and your 15% only gives 22.5. If you have higher than 75% resistant, T-god will be more powerfull.

Edit: correction of correction, final damage doesn't apply unless all absorb take into effect.

Last edited:

My question is about when MF% is calculated.

I'm farming hell Mephy, and use Ondal's Wisdom to wittle Meph's health down then switch to Gull/Rhyme near the end of the fight. My question is when exactly the MF% is calculated. Is it how much the character has on when the drops are calculated or the MF% of the last attack that landed on Meph or perhaps something else?

MF is calculated when the monster dies - if you switch to your Gull/Rhyme before Meph dies, you'll get the boost. When the attacks/damage/whatever started doesn't matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High