The Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Questions Thread

Question about Barbarians dual-wielding a Lawbringer + something. The runewrod has Slain Monsters Rest In Peace. Does it apply to a) the monsters I kill with the Lawbringer, b) everything I kill, regardless of weapon or c) everything me and my merc kill?

@Neck Romancer: You could max jab to help with lightning immunes, but then you are no longer a pure lightning zon. Take a look at silospen's ThePerfectJava for what a pure lightning zon can look like at level 98.

The best merc would probably be one holding infinity, but anything that tanks would be good. Might is probably best to take out LIs.

@Low Key: When I used Lawbringer, it appeared only to work on the ones that were actaully killed with the lawbringer (so option a), kind of disappointing I was hoping it worked like a nature's peace. I didn't have a merc, so I can't vouch for his kills, but I really doubt it applies to him if it didn't apply to my other weapon.

Question about Barbarians dual-wielding a Lawbringer + something. The runewrod has Slain Monsters Rest In Peace. Does it apply to a) the monsters I kill with the Lawbringer, b) everything I kill, regardless of weapon or c) everything me and my merc kill?

It applies to 'a' .

Thanks san and skinnyy.
As i plan to do mfing, what areas is a pure lit zon most suited to run?

Thanks san and skinnyy.
As i plan to do mfing, what areas is a pure lit zon most suited to run?

Cows and Pindleskin. My level 93 LF zon keeps a Gimmershred on switch for when Pindle spawns LI.

Cows and Pindleskin. My level 93 LF zon keeps a Gimmershred on switch for when Pindle spawns LI.
She's also VERY good at big single targets like Meph and Andy - CS is an awesome boss killer. I used her for just about every Meph run I 've ever done.

I remember that double-throw was somehow bugged. Could someone remind me what the bug was? Or even better, point me to a thread with the bug discused... Tried searching, but the word "bug" is too short, and although I found lot's of thread about throw barbs, I couldn't find a description of the bug...

I remember that double-throw was somehow bugged. Could someone remind me what the bug was? Or even better, point me to a thread with the bug discused... Tried searching, but the word "bug" is too short, and although I found lot's of thread about throw barbs, I couldn't find a description of the bug...

From penguins throw-handbook:
Also with double throw there is a bug that your stacks will decrease unevenly when you throw real fast. This is no longer too much of a worry for your etheral throwing weapons because in 1.10 if your etheral throwing weapons reaches zero quantity it CAN REPLENSIH ITSELF NOW!.

Also, the LCS is wrong - damage is actually lower than displayed. Well, actually it's MUCH lower...about 3-5 times lower or something like that IIRC.

EDIT: Also, for search issues, I can recommend using google's almighty advanced search function: In Advanced Search mode, simply add forums.purediablo.com in the "Search within a site or domain:" line. Easy as that :)

In my inexperience, I socketed a Tarnhelm without upping it first (for a little extra defense) can I still up it without sacrificing the socket or the gem?

Extra question: Is rushing a couple of characters to Act V normal just to get a socket cheesy? I don't hellforge rush (seems boring) but I would love to pimp out a couple of characters with gems and jewels for extra MF and the like.

Third Question: I just got an Occy for my Blizzsorc, and have only run Meph so far. Is the 20 percent chance to tele upon striking as annoying as I think it will be? Does this include getting hit by archers? Because I can imagine some extremely confusing instant deaths if I run across an archer with multiple shots

In my inexperience, I socketed a Tarnhelm without upping it first (for a little extra defense) can I still up it without sacrificing the socket or the gem?

Yes, the socket and gem will stay put.

Extra question: Is rushing a couple of characters to Act V normal just to get a socket cheesy? I don't hellforge rush (seems boring) but I would love to pimp out a couple of characters with gems and jewels for extra MF and the like.

No, it's not cheese at all. I'd recommend rushing through to get the NM quest too cause you get the HF quest to go with it. NM is usually easy for ultra-twinked sorcs. I could probably get from Normal A1 to NM A5 in 2-3 hours with a Blizzsorc.

Third Question: I just got an Occy for my Blizzsorc, and have only run Meph so far. Is the 20 percent chance to tele upon striking as annoying as I think it will be? Does this include getting hit by archers? Because I can imagine some extremely confusing instant deaths if I run across an archer with multiple shots

You mean 25% ctc tele when struck?

Occy has some really sweet mods on it, and it's hard to beat if you don't have Hoto/DFathom. If you're MFing around alot of archers, the ctc Tele can be annoying. If you can position the merc well, they should always shoot at him (they always shoot at the closest target). Sometimes, it's good to tele behind the archers cause it takes them a second to turn around, which buys you more time to cast another spell or two. Hope that helps.

Oh here I can ask my questions instead of always create new anooying thread ^^

My first question regards The Oculus vs Tal Rasha
The whole set of Tal'Rasha give really sweet bonuses, but is it worth to skip the Tals-wand for The Oculus?

Lets say I have all Tal Rashas set-items and a Oculus what should I do then ^^?

I have everything from Tal's set but the orb, but to me, the only useful items are the Armor, Belt and Ammy. I'm wearing all three plus some rare gloves and boots with res/mf Tarnhelm (no shako yet) Rhyme sheild and an Occy. On top of that I have 3 skiller charms and its pretty much instant death for anyone that comes in my way on players 1-3 hell.

I have had some problems with the Occy though like I mention above. In particular with Black Souls on the Plains of despair. When you run into 3-4 of them and start teleporting like crazy all over the map and your merc dies and you hit rejuvs like crazy, I began to regret using it.

The full set is very powerful. It is old argument that either using the full set or partial set + highend uniq/RW. If you don't need much FCR, and crazy amount of FM, the full set is better. If your goal is pure MF, or need high FCR , go for uniq + RW (check 200% FCR mat thread).

Running & Block%

The full set is very powerful. It is old argument that either using the full set or partial set + highend uniq/RW. If you don't need much FCR, and crazy amount of FM, the full set is better. If your goal is pure MF, or need high FCR , go for uniq + RW (check 200% FCR mat thread).

in addition to this advice, there's a "rule of thumb": If you're playing a single-element sorc, use a mixture of uniques/sets/whatever. If you 're playing a dual-element sorc, use full Tals.

... it's not perfect, but in my opinion it's pretty solid advice.

My question:

Known Fact: When running, a character's chance to block with its shield is cut to 1/3rd. So you had 60% block? That's means it's 20% when running. Etc...

Ok, that's straight-forward enough, but...

I just did the math on my new LF/FA Amazon. She has a ton of dex and is using an Eld'ed Whistans Guard. Plugging the numbers into the formula, she'd have 128% blocking - if it wasn't capped at 75%.

So, when she's running, does she have 25% block (1/3rd of the 75% cap), or does she have 42% blocking (128/3, rounded down)?

... I don't really care enough to run around and let stuff hit me to test and find out myself (besides, her 3-frame block-recovery is fast enough that I don't always notice when she blocks), so I thought I'd see if someone here knew. Thanks in advance.

The division by 3 is applied after the 75% cap, so it's 25%.

Oh here I can ask my questions instead of always create new anooying thread ^^

My first question regards The Oculus vs Tal Rasha
The whole set of Tal'Rasha give really sweet bonuses, but is it worth to skip the Tals-wand for The Oculus?

Lets say I have all Tal Rashas set-items and a Oculus what should I do then ^^?

I prefer full Tal's on my Meteorb since the -15% Fire Resistance/+15% Cold Damage on the Orb grant me more damage than the Oculus could give me. It's even still more damage than Harlequin's+Occy+Tal's Belt/Armor/Ammy. Plus I'm HC and I prefer control over random teleporting.

What colour are Jewelers armours of Amicae?
I'm shopping Anya for claws so figure I may as well keep an eye out.
And who is the best bet for echoing weapons?

Thanks

max.

@Maxicek: i find that malah is the best when shopping for echoing weapons - in this case echoing spears. And you can use the tp trick really well 'cause she is nearby the tp spawning point in the city. (make a tp to refresh her items until you find what you need)

Block% DR% and chance to hit%

Which ones are calculated first?

I guess that monsters chance to hit is calculated first
then game calculate if you block
then goes the DR

would that mean that a creature that has 50% to hit you and you have 75% block and 50% DR only had a chance of .75*0.50% chance to deal 50% damage? That would almost make you a PI xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High