The PvP Thread

That's 10 PM on your Saturday and Sunday, right? If so, 8 AM the next day here, sounds good to me.

I have geared up a few characters, Blizzard Sorceress, Fury Druid and an .. ahem, Assassin. I'll see if I can gear up another character, not sure how well any of the aforementioned will match up vs your Barb @ffs.

Reactions: ffs
It’s @Pyrohemia's Barb you should be afraid of, his damage is way higher. :)

I’ll be able to play Saturday, perhaps earlier after all (but we can play late enough for @entwilighter to join). Sunday I’m flexible, no plans. Today (Friday) I’m busy.

How are things looking on your end this weekend @Delsy, @Pyrohemia, others?

Reactions: entwilighter
I got so excited about this that I finally edited some of my recording from when Delsy and I last dueled (a couple of years ago now 😅)

Apologies if you are in the Netherlands you might have to use a VPN to view it (music copyright 😞)

Reactions: ffs
Thanks for the games @Delsy @Pyrohemia @entwilighter, aweseome stuff! Many matchups, many takeaways/learnings. :) We mostly had 1v1s with delsy in recent months which is always fun, but it's cool to see more people joining.

Again tomorrow? Turns out I have a thing early in the evening after all, but should be able to join around 10pm CET if you guys are down.

GGs indeed, thanks @Delsy @entwilighter. I played mostly Bowazon which I find a bit boring. But I recorded some of the games with her and will later or tomorrow upload vid, mostly showing me running away from delsy's barb. :D

Now having played a good amount of LLD sessions, to me things look like this at lvl 30:
  • FB Sorc: Seems like strongest build overall based on what I've played/seen so far. It's not like every matchup will be 10-0, but seems to have no inherent weakness or build that counters her. Also very cheap to make. Not sure about Vita vs ES, I guess it depends on available gear. For now I'll try and stick to ES and improve mana pool as best I can. If it's not smooth enough I'll try vita.
  • Bowazon: Probably 2nd strongest build, although much more item dependent in comparison and she has a couple of hard matchups. Tele Barb, Charger and perhaps Kicksin or a defensively played ES Sorc seem to have an advantage (but can still easily lose). Otherwise she always seemed at the very least favored.
  • Liberator: Similar to FB Sorc, very cheap and very strong. I just struggled a bit vs ranged characters like Bowa or Necro. Hard hitting Insight Charge switch or FoH/Conv scepter perhaps balances these matchups a bit more.
  • WW Barb: With tele-staff this is my favorite so far gameplay-wise, but even more connection dependent than in HLD. It can be frustrating because in an ideal connection he seems capable of beating any build. I'm not giving up on him yet, but will slowly need to build a properly lag-adjusted muscle memory so that (at least most of the time) the game registers all the keystrokes in the right order. :) Also needs good items (in particular charms), probably even more so than Bowa.
  • Tele Windy: I tried him briefly and got destroyed :D but similar to Tele Barb, I'll keep trying him more. Supposed to be very strong if properly piloted. Also extremely cheap to make.
  • Necro: FB Sorc and Bowa seem to be very rough matchups but otherwise he seems very solid. Personally I just find LLD gameplay with him a bit too boring.
  • Trapper, Kicker, VT: Apart from team capability and a small number of good matchups these don't seem very strong.

Great points. Thanks for sharing your observations!

That was heaps of fun. I tried a whole bunch of things. Some almost worked! Elsa the standard ES Blizzard Sorc was definitely the most successful.
@ffs your tele-barb is amazing! I want one!
@Delsy your Necro is even stronger these days, and thanks for all the Bowazon tips (y) I really enjoyed the 1v1s
@Pyrohemia ... now there's a name I haven't heard in a long time 😉

I recorded a bunch too. Here are (my) highlights from Sunday, so you can see for yourself that all the times I killed you were flukes 😅

Last edited:
Here's some bowazon gameplay, mostly Bowa vs Barb with @Delsy when it was just the two of us in the game and some FFAs later with @entwilighter.

@Delsy you were right about increased speed, somehow I thought the number displayed in game was translated to FRW but no, it directly adds to velocity. E.g. 100 FRW equals a 60% increase in velocity, with Increased Speed at e.g. lvl 10 adding 36% for 96% total. The way I understand it, that's equivalent to 267 FRW. :eek:

I'll make sure to have teleport ready on most characters for max FRW barb.. even with 120 FRW Bowazon it's a super stressful matchup and I hated every second :D although bowa still seemed to have a small edge overall.

Btw there's a good example of the crazy desynch I mentioend around the 11:35 mark.

What items are you using now on your Barb?

Last edited:
@ffs Last time I used Honor Knout, Whitstan 15 max, Peasant 15 max, 45 max 40 life armor, Sander boots, Sigon gloves + belt and Angelics. I'm still experimenting with setups, but Honor Knout definitely performed better over Bloodletter.

Of course Barb desynchs with such amount of frw and WW, but Amazons deysnch is extreme. It has to do with constant switching of slots. When you are spamming the switch, it's basically impossible to locate you. A lot of my hits were just predictions. It has me considering using Teleport I'm not gonna lie.

@entwilighter Nice vid. It takes a lot of passion to play with such lag, you have my respect. I don't mind if you hosted from time to time, so you can enjoy the smooth game as well. That applies to @Pyrohemia too.

That's interesting to hear, shame that recording gameplay doesn't work out for you, I'd love to see your perspective. From my perspective the desynch on your Barb was way more than on your Bowa when you played her the other day. And with me playing Bowa, your Barb seemed to always be breathing down my neck even when I really tried to desynch. :D But no idea how things look like on your screen. Indeed though Barb should have a better matchup vs Bowa with teleport.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High