The PvP Thread

What's up everyone?

D4 is quickly getting boring and currently not much going on with D2R either, so @frozzzen and I just had a quick PvP session for the first time in ages. Was awesome! :)

What are other people up to, any interest in a bit of 1.14 PvP action? @maxicek @Delsy @Gripphon @Miron @Pyrohemia @entwilighter and of course everyone else!

Froz and I were vaguely planning to play Wednesday evening, if there's interest maybe on the weekend, assuming that's easier for most.

Reactions: Miron
I will join Wednesday (trying not to think about the fact that few days ago stripped few chars from their pvp equipment :eek:)

Reactions: ffs
@frozzzen @Miron and anyone else looking to join:

I will host via Hamachi starting 7:30pm CET, i.e. 2 hours from this post. Will edit this post to share game details. Let me know if you want to play a bit later than that, I'm flexible this evening.

I'll play either WW Barb, Murderdin or VT Pally, so come prepared with some DR. :)

E: Game up, see post below.

Last edited:
I'll join for a while but I'm rather sick so I won't stick too long. Unfortunately I couldn't fix hosting, something is really off with my router so this might take a while. But I'll be there today.

Reactions: ffs
It was really fun to play again after almost a year of break from D2.

Thanks a lot for hosting @ffs, and thanks @frozzzen for joining. Will try to reequip the chars for our next games.

Thanks @Miron and @frozzzen, great games!

@Miron see below re Barb. Not very well optimized at all currently, but perhaps still helpful.
Currenlty rather mediocre charms on this char but maybe gearing can give an idea on how to get higher life amounts. Build is generally pure vita BvC, but he has a stashed Stormshield setup with 69% block. With his vita build I have to sacrifice a lot of damage for it, so basically it's only intended for BvB and perhaps vs bowazon. With an actual BvA build you can optimize swap items for sure, e.g. still using things like HLW and get a 75% block, 40 FCR setup with some 6k life or close to it, ending up with better damage than my shield setup.

Standard BvC gear:
  • CoA BerBer for FFA/vs phyiscal dmg, with stash options if playing strictly vs casters:
    • 2/20 FCR, 87 mana circlet (Um) for 63 FCR with a craft ammy
    • Griffon's (Um) for 63 FCR with HLW
    • Kira's (jewel with AR, life) basically just vs Sorc
  • Enigma BP
  • Grief BA
  • Beast BA
  • Highlord's Wrath (stash: Angelic combo, craft ammy +11/20 FCR/89 mana/16@, craft ammy +2/7 FCR/101 mana/19@)
  • Gore Rider
  • TO gloves
  • Arach (stash: Verdungo's)
  • Oak/flexible ring (stash: Wisp, Raven, Dwarf, Angelic)
  • Rare ring: 92 AR, 2% ML, 20 str, 15 dex, 6@, 36 FR
Swap: CtA/Hoto for +7 BO

Charms: All life, mostly high AR, resists, some fine/sharp

CoA setup, 40 FCR and 7.4k life (6k without Oak).

Screenshot336.jpg

Griffon's setup for 63 FCR with HLW and 7.7k life:

Screenshot332.jpg

70% block BvA setup
Underlined = swap from above setup.
  • Arreat's (jewel with dex, AR, min dmg, mana)
  • Enigma
  • Grief BA
  • Stormshield Eld
  • +2 Barb, 29 dex magic amulet or craft 2/10 FCR/20 dex (
  • Shadow Dancer
  • IK gloves
  • Arach/Verdungo's depends
  • Ravenfrost
  • Rare ring: 92 AR, 2% ML, 20 str, 15 dex, 6@, 36 FR

69% block and 6.3k life with this currently:

Screenshot338.jpg

As discussed, next session Friday - see you then! :)

Reactions: frozzzen
@Miron @frozzzen I can host a game starting around 7:30 again if that works for you guys, can also do a bit later.

I'll bring Barb this time, discussing the build made me want to play him... and I badly need some practice with him. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the duels guys, GGs WP!

I'll be gone for a week starting tomorrow returning next weekend (Saturday), let's go next round then!

@Miron we gotta get those life amounts up, so you can kick our ass better! Can you post GoMule readouts of your chars and all their gear? My Barb shouldn't stand a chance against yours. :)

Recording of the last 10 duels or so when we went 1v1 vs @frozzzen's Necro. So far, my Barb vs Necro strategy is lucking out with whirls. :p

It's super unfun matchup from the Necro pov imo. You just have to spam and pray that spirits hit. Sometimes you can make IBS traps and the like, but majority of the time it's just spam. I'm okay with giving you targets to practice barb but next time you will have to play something that I too will have fun with :D
I just can't play defensive game all the time because it gets boring fast, and I definitely had some automated strategies used in NvD/NvH that absolutely don't work vs barbs so I lost a lot due to stupid play but ohwell.

I'll just post list of my favorite matchups to play. They aren't exactly even or anything, but regardless of winning/losing you still can play certain strategies and take a sort of initiative from time to time, more than just spray and pray.

Windy vs Necro
Trapper vs Windy
Hammer vs Necro
Hammer vs Bowa

and to lesser extent

Necro vs Trapper
Bowa vs Trapper
Hammer vs Windy

You will find suspicious lack of Ghosts, Barbs and Sorcs, but ohwell. This are matchups that I enjoy regardless of which side of the duel I am. Obviously I like playing some other stuff too, but it's dependent on which side of the duel you are on, like Barb vs Necro.

Haha yeah for Necro it’s very defensive and a bit boring, I was on Necro vs your Ghost often enough to know how unfun that was. ;)

I wanted to play Barb yesterday but next time sure, open to anything. Can bring any of Windy, Necro or Bowa for example as it seems you like facing them. Wind or Necro would also be good namelock practice for me, I was quite rusty with those. ;)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High