The PvP Thread

Game up at #34#34#34#34

No stream today, I'm too tired. I'll be joining soon but have still some final details to take care of.

Last edited:
Also conviction not allowed no?
Nice vids Gripp..Evil 2v2 strategies soon! :D

Edit: @d2lover I have a 2/15 ammy which is enough that you could borrow, I’ll need it back when I make my own Trapper though. ;) Trapper seems one of the best beginner builds agreed. I did best with my Hdin so far even though my other chars have "better" gear, he has nothing special except for a 2/20 ammy. Trapper is similar autopilot style I guess… both builds are tanky and get kills here and there if you just spam stuff. :)
I might come to it. But first I need to find a Zod or a Cham for my eth TR :)

no pvp until then

Thanks for the games everyone and thanks froz for hosting.

Thank you for games, guys and ladies. My barb is still crying in the corner. Recorded a few matches though.

Until the next time, fellas.

It has been a great past few weeks with lots of play. No doubt it takes a lot of effort to host, so big thanks to you Froz.

What I liked to see the most is the high level of play. It takes a lot of work and a great deal of ingenuity to make a kill. I feel everyone has stepped up.

Also, it was nice to see so many players. With the usual suspects in @Gripphon , @maxicek , @Miron and now @frozzzen as well, it was nice to see @Nagisa , @ffs and @Excalibur .

If anyone was wondering if to try Diablo 2 PvP, this is the ideal place.

Fun PvP times with vodka!!!
At the end showing kill of the night made by no other than our Max!

Last edited:
Reactions: maxicek
Love your vids Grip. The quality is top notch, with the best Diablo 2 PvP videos out there really.

Making a vid full of losses and still looking good. Big respect.

Btw you should definitely use Oak against Bowazon. Because of minion stacking glitch, bowazon has to get rid of minions first basically. I noticed you weren't using Oak so I used only GA and it showed. Meaning you ate ~3 free GA's everytime you approached me.

Thank you, Delsy. First time ever I have a good connection and can make watchable videos with barb. It feels great playing him too! No black screens, failed teleports...

I didnt use Oak because this way match seems somewhat balanced. Even with mistakes it looks like a tough match for bowa. I recorded few kills where I made horrible mistakes and still won with half hp bar left. In very few instances where I executed things flawlessly bowa couldn't do a thing, just hide behind shield or risk a lot drawing bow out. I want it this way where barb's mistakes are punishable, even like this I usually need to make plenty of them to actually lose like in the video. Once I figure namelock pattern and do faster whirling, it will be all the challenge bowa needs 😁

Nice job on that bow vs vita necro video Grip. It's good way to showcase strategy vs bowa. @ffs take note :D

Glad you guys are all having good times. I will give hosting machine round 2 attempt. It would be so much better if you weren't depending on me all the time because ESO raids are somewhat screwing my schedule on when I can host. Still, I'd like you guys to be a bit more proactive on when you want games. I've noticed Fridays are a bit less popular. Any ofther days you might be here more often? For now I'm puting games up Fri/Sat, but it's mostly due to other things getting in the way. So let me know when you would actually want some pvp action.

@d2lover Why making eth Tomb Rever when you can die to eth Tomb Reaver? :p

Code:
Tomb Reaver
Cryptic Axe
'Zod'
Two-Hand Damage: 222 to 1021
Required Dexterity: 93
Required Strength: 155
Required Level: 84
Polearm Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Indestructible
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0x7b437d1a
+354% Enhanced Damage
All Resistances +47
73% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+14 Life after each Kill
+4 to Light Radius
90% Increased Attack Speed
153% Damage to Undead
+302 to Attack Rating against Undead
Indestructible
10% Reanimate As: Returned
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (3: 3 used)

Yes, those things are actually usable in pvp, if niche.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ffs and maxicek
Nice job on that bow vs vita necro video Grip. It's good way to showcase strategy vs bowa. @ffs take note :D

Glad you guys are all having good times. I will give hosting machine round 2 attempt. It would be so much better if you weren't depending on me all the time because ESO raids are somewhat screwing my schedule on when I can host. Still, I'd like you guys to be a bit more proactive on when you want games. I've noticed Fridays are a bit less popular. Any ofther days you might be here more often? For now I'm puting games up Fri/Sat, but it's mostly due to other things getting in the way. So let me know when you would actually want some pvp action.

@d2lover Why making eth Tomb Rever when you can die to eth Tomb Reaver? :p

Code:
Tomb Reaver
Cryptic Axe
'Zod'
Two-Hand Damage: 222 to 1021
Required Dexterity: 93
Required Strength: 155
Required Level: 84
Polearm Class - Fastest Attack Speed
Indestructible
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 86
Fingerprint: 0x7b437d1a
+354% Enhanced Damage
All Resistances +47
73% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
+14 Life after each Kill
+4 to Light Radius
90% Increased Attack Speed
153% Damage to Undead
+302 to Attack Rating against Undead
Indestructible
10% Reanimate As: Returned
Ethereal (Cannot be Repaired), Socketed (3: 3 used)

Yes, those things are actually usable in pvp, if niche.
sadly I would need two ias/40 ed jools to hit the 1000 mark, but don't have haha (calced it), but I have 31 and 37, which is ok for me :)

I’ll back in Europe and ready for more action on Thursday. :) Already got plans on both Friday and Saturday and tbh that is often the case. On the other hand it can also happen often that I work late on short notice, so during the week isn’t too reliable either. :/ But whatever is best for everyone I’ll try my best to make it work as often as I can. The only pretty safe bet for me is Saturday and Sunday afternoons/evenings until 8-9pm CET, that I should be able to make most of the time.

With only you ffs, I can't host today really :( I can't play today so 1v moor is kinda pointless. Sat I'll host for sure. Fri probably as well, but idk if someone will join. I'll try to set up game on Sunday as well if there's interest.

Sunday good for me too.

Generally Saturday & Sunday are better than Friday for me.

I'm gonna bring character whose primary weapon is a Beast BA.

"You always bring some BS" - Delsy 2022. :ROFLMAO:

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High