The Most Extreme Elimination Challenge Mafia Edition

Why cgb was killed is anyones guess. Most likely a random shot, his one post doesn't look like it had anything of interest in it so it probably wasn't that.

Excuse me hosts, but, if someone were to be expecting something that should have happened sometime during the night phase, approximately when would someone expect to receive any results from such a thing?

Posting something like this in the game thread is not something that should be done, unless it was deliberate for some reason, but I can't figure out why it would be.

I forget. (10 chars).

Great restriction....

Hmmm. I'm having trouble deciding if just blurting that out makes you more or less likely to be mafia. What do you think Drixx?

I have a different question if I may pose it, a lynch immunity doesn't really help the town, it just deters the towns main action (which is lynching). What do you think the likelyhood of the "prize" being different if it was given to townie or to a mafiso? Bad Ash knew we were going to ask him what the prize was, so withholding it would only be detremental to him if he was scum. What do you think Gory?

I'm not Drixx, so I won't give any thoughts. However, I don't want there to be any suspicion that I avoided you, rather, I am responding to every single post made between mine, so that I am not accused of "partial lurking" anymore.

Okay, now that all that is taken care of:

I have it on good authority that:

"thefranklin will assassinate anyone that contains letters P, N, S, or I in their forum name during tonight's phase."

This was the post I was asking the moderators about earlier.

(Okay, this is all I can think to post at this time.)

I have a slew of questions that arise from this claim. Those 4 letters make it a very very wide range of people. Also I have 3 of those letters in my name, does that make me more likely to die? I sure hope not. I'm going to go with the most important question I have right now though. How do you know its thefranklin?

Actually yes, Tru, it's meant to be defensive. I was accused of "partial lurking" so, from now on, I will be responding to every single post. Or attempting to at least.

Please don't, we don't need any more drixx's.

Wow, is Drixx in your head whispering to you? This sounds like his unbelievable stuff when he was a VI.

I added some bolded numbers in your post:
1. They are pretty much the same, but that is my opinion.
2. How is that relevant?
3. Sorry for my timing. It doesn't change the fact that you are contemplating alibis ahead of time.
4. Super role fishing, someone already have a vote on a scum buddy of yours?
5. There are lots of town aligned killers, but they tend to get to choose their victims rather than half of the people left in the game, including themself. I assume the last sentence in this paragraph was a joke, right?

Avoding pertinent topics are we?

Do you have any thought on Zokars actions yesterday combined with logoutzero's claimed listening result?

No. Should I?

I'll read back in a few and see if I can find what you're referencing, as I don't recall anything from yesterday specifically related to you and Logout.

If I may ask, logoutzero...why would you choose to make it so obvious that you have a role that's a threat to mafia? Given the lack of evidence against anyone, any reason why you chose to make yourself a target in order to bring this to our attention?

I'm not sure I understand your question of logout, if he thought he had information that caught a potential scum, why would he not come forward?

Numbers. I felt this information to be to big to hold onto for myself, because as a player, I only have 1 vote, I can't really do anything on my own. Honestly, I am banking on the fact that there is a defender type role in this game, and that by sharing this, we might be able to oust mafia. Maybe it will backfire, who knows.

Drixx, I see your point about any one VS anyone, but it doesn't change my mind that anyone is not everyone. All I can do is tell you what results I got. Take it or leave it.

I don't know what else to do, I got this post, as a random post from the Mafia's QT thread, it is my passive power. I get 1 random post every night. Next day phase I might get "Brb, I want a sandwich." Only time will tell.

You are going to have to get a little more detailed here. You get 1 random post every night, and its definately from the Mafia's QT? So your a listener? And if you are a listner and the post you made is essentially word for word what you received from the mods, this listner has functioned like no ther listener I've ever seen. In every other case of a listener, the name was blocked out of anything the listner received.

So the post you received from the mafia QT was what you typed earlier? and included thefranklins name? there was an "Im going to kill" or "you" or "youll"?

This is whats getting to me right now, including a name, or any name for that matter. Either something is not adding up or the modding in this game doesn't make any damn sense.

Taking stuff at face value is generally terrible ning. :) But, worst case scenario for us is logoutzero is leading us into lynching a member of the town that will cause someone to die when they get lynched, so he's sacrificing himself(since he'll be exposed as mafia if we lynch thefranklin and he flips town) for 2 kills.

Something we should also take into consideration: Deliberate obfuscation by mafia in case there was a listener. Honestly, scum using a forum name of one of the mafia members in their QT is either extremely poor play, or a deliberate attempt to lead us down a path that results in two townies getting lynched. Hmm. Actually, now that I think about it...that feels like the most likely scenario here. They're both town, and scum sprinkled their QT with things to mess with a listener.

A one for one trade is never good for mafia. Although I agree with the possibility of obfuscation, this post feels like its trying for misdirection. Especially in conjunction with names usually being blocked out of anything a listener receives.

No zokar NOOOOOOOO! *sob*

Well so far everyone seems to be suspecting Thefranklin and logoutzero to be scum but couldn't scum just be teaming up and make them (Thefranklin and logoutzero) look scum while they are actually town or am I missing something here? (Be gentle its my first time)

Whats to be sad about zokar and why?

Heres a second one saying that they are both possibly town. My disagreement with this is that logout and franklin got into thier little stand off pretty much on their own. Others have expressed their views, but I'm not sure how you came to your conclusion.

I was about to say that all this fire and fury over logout and thefranklin seems deeply suspicious to me but thefranklin beat me to it. What can I say, great minds think alike etc. However, logout is pointing fingers at thefranklin so vigorously that that can't possibly be on the level. He is basically doing a dance around franklin and going "kill him! kill him!"

It's quite possible that they are pulling off some kind of scam between the two of them, but then anything is possible and we really don't have that much info to go on.

My gut is telling me there is a coordinated effort here somewhere, and logout and franklin are either acting as decoys for some kind of power play, or franklin is being sacrificed by another group. So I'm not voting for either of them. I'm leaning toward Bad Ash or Drixx, because they both seem to be herding everyone towards logout and franklin. I don't like being herded, so I tend to start peering at those who are trying to do it.

I'm not voting for anyone right now. I'm going to see who else starts calling for franklin's blood, and I'm going to get super squinty eyed in that direction.

Decoys for some sort of powerplay? What kind of powerplay would involve getting two people deeply involved in a very conveluted scheme like this? I think you are one of the few to take franklin's side on this though, is there a reason you believe franklin more that logout other than logout pushing harder?

Gory rightly points out that I am usually for lynching for information on D1. I am still, but this specifical D1 was in my opinion not a good D1 for that. I didn't think logoutzero was looking scummy enough to lynch him and I didn't like that people suddenly joined his train without a good reason. I just didn't see it. Maybe me being dumb, maybe me being smart enough not to mindlessly jumping aboard. I don't know before we see his flip. I asked for more insight, but the only post I considered insightful was Gory's and that was 5 mins before the end of the day. Too late to think it through and make a decission.

I completely agree with this.

My take on the logoutzero vs thefranklin thingy is that I think we need to lynch thefranklin tonight. For information, there you go Gory, we need to know what he is. When we know that we can judge the interactions this day phase. It will be valuable for the rest of the game.

Personally, I think thefranklin is a SK or assasin and mafia probably investigated him. Mafia lingo usually does not include the term "asassinate", it would rather be "kill". The post logoutzero got might very well have been the result post. Or logoutzero is the investigating scum and got that post for his investigation and is trying to get town points for leading us to the SK now since he got a lot of fire yesterday. For me, he's not cleared at all even if thefranklin turns up anti-town.

I'll not vote yet since it's still early, but barring any turns and twist being revealed, my vote will go to thefranklin today.

This sudden change in meta for lynching someone on day 1 doesn't sit right with me. You are always massively against a no lynch. The sudden change of heart worries me.

So your belief is now that logout is a mafia rolecop? Is that what I'm getting from this post?

I don't see how this stifles anything. What I see is one guy going "Over here! Over here!" If I say, "Why?" then that is hardly stifling anything, unless the purpose here is to act like a sheep and go where logout tells me to go. And when the response to my "why?" is "shut up" then that raises my eyebrows. I'm not jumping on a franklin train just because everyone else is.

But then again, I am completely new to this game.

Vote: Zokar

Awwww. Goldtru's first OMGUS vote. How cute. *snaps a picture*

Pyro autowins this challenge! Unluckily for him his shirt snagged on a door, tearing a small hole, just small enough that he can ignore but big enough that it lets a breeze in. He is now uncomfortable for the rest of the day.

Noooooo!!!! Uncomfortable! Soooo uncomfortable!

Also, not to pick on the new people, but I'm getting bad feelings from the majority of them, numbers, gold, and kamap. Moar is stiring things up for me as well.

Question for logout: Is the line you posted that you received from the mod essentially exactly what you received? And it definately contained thefranklins name? Based on what you received, if you could kill thefranklin right now and find out if he was town/mafia would you?

I'll open up that last question for anyone else who feels like answering as well. Even if you ignore the rest of my posts like you always do, I think everyone should grant me that answer.

Also would love to hear how I am herding people to vote for franklin when my ominous vote has been on Noodle this entire time. Am I not allowed to talk about things I am observing?

@logoutzero - I want to see exactly what your listener ability gave to you. I'm sure the mods will permit you to give us a precise word for word reporting off what you 'heard'. I don't want any of your analysis. I just want to see what you were given as your overheard conversation for the night.

How does me stating the obvious in saying I dont have the ability to kill 10 random people at once help anyone determine if I am town or scum?

If you arent scum, how have the questions you have asked me help the town?

I'd like you to do a little more to defend yourself than be sarcastic. I don't think anyone thought you had the ability to kill 10 people, and logoutzero's reply when I pointed out that what he gave us in quotation marks was absurd is why my vote is close to swapping to him. It stays on you only because you haven't really defended yoruself. A claimed listener says he's got you outed as scum and you're trying to brush it off and ignore it as much as you can.

Thus far, your response is scummy. Take this opportunity to convince us that you're clean, and then we can evaluate logoutzero's response to my question of him.

At the moment, I'm actually more convinced to vote for logoutzero than you, except that your response to being fingered scum has been a very typical (and often successful) scum strategy.

Thought I had a post quoted... It was about moar trying so hard to not vote someone...
Vote: moar

Also would love to hear how I am herding people to vote for franklin when my ominous vote has been on Noodle this entire time. Am I not allowed to talk about things I am observing?

I ain't payin' you to talk, darlin'. ;)

This sudden change in meta for lynching someone on day 1 doesn't sit right with me. You are always massively against a no lynch. The sudden change of heart worries me.

So your belief is now that logout is a mafia rolecop? Is that what I'm getting from this post?

I explained already why I didn't press for a D1 lynch this time. I have learned a whole lot since I started playing mafia again and one of it is to how to be less of a sheep than before.

My thought of what logoutzero is depends very much on thefranklin's flip. If he flips SK or any other non-mafia but anti-town role, then I think logoutzero is the mafia rolecop. Reason is simply the way he gave his listener post. There should not be a name included if it was a honest town listener role result. If thefranklin flips town, I don't think logoutzero is scum because his play makes no sense as scum then.

If door #4 isn't really real, and it's just a hallucination, then I pick door numbers....

2,2 and 2.

I'm not sure I understand your question of logout, if he thought he had information that caught a potential scum, why would he not come forward?

A one for one trade is never good for mafia. Although I agree with the possibility of obfuscation, this post feels like its trying for misdirection. Especially in conjunction with names usually being blocked out of anything a listener receives.

Just quoting the things you said in response to my posts. My thought regarding questions logoutzero about coming forward is how in the face he's been with it. He made a target of himself by blatantly fingering scum and exposing himself as a PR, and then he greatly reduced the efficacy of his PR by telling us the exact source of his information. Pushing hard to get thefranklin lynched, without exposing exactly why he suspected him, makes more sense to me at least than the way he's handled this. It makes me doubt his intentions.

Also, with the obvious point you brought up of the quote he gave feeling almost too good to be true, again why would he expose himself without a stronger case? I don't think I'm expressing myself well here, but basically the entire course of action logoutzero has taken doesn't make sense to me.

@logout: Can you please clarify your information so that it is black or white. You preciously stated "thefranklin will assassinate anyone that contains letters P, N, S, or I in their forum name during tonight's phase." This feels fairly straight forward to me, but can you confirm that it is definitely thefranklin?

Here's how it works. I do not pick a target, I do not choose anything, nor do I even activate my listen. Automatically, and at random, I am given one (1) random post from the Mafia QT. The poster is not revealed, only the post, a random one. What I posted in quotation marks is exactly what I got from the moderators. I cannot confirm, nor deny, that thefranklin posted that, nor anybody else. I can only say, that it was posted, and randomly selected from the entire night's discussion. I did not chose who to listen to, or anything. It was awarded completely at random, without being initiated by any action from myself.

This is definitely a serious post. A point by point reply of every paragraph in a Wall of Text. Numbered. What's missing? The most important thing logoutzero has mentioned today is brushed under the rug. Noted.

So, are you saying that he is ignoring it because it is true, or ignoring it because it is false? Please confirm.

When was the soonest you could have posted this info?

Apparently, the moderators forgot about it, so I am led to believe that from now on, I should have this information at the start of the day. In this specific instance, I was given this information at 5:45 PM ET (US) on the 13th, according to my QT, so this is the earliest I could have posted this specific information. Tomorrow may be different, it wholly depends on when the moderators post in my QT thread, when I get a chance to check it, and get here to post it. Does that answer your question? (no sarcasm)

I think what he has posted is inconsistent with every variety of listener that we've ever seen. While I wouldn't put it past BPC and Pharphis to have a listener in the game, I do find it highly doubtful that they would put in a listener ability that gives the listener the identity of the mafia hitman.

His story has changed subtly throughout the day and reeks of fake claim.

I can't figure out what motive he would have to lie though. If we lynch thefanklin and he doesn't come up scum, then logoutzero goes tomorrow so he buys a single mislynch, and that's assuming thefranklin doesn't come up with something that adjusts things and makes it better to test logout by lynching him. After all, mafia will now take steps to obfuscate what they say or stop using the chat altogether if they are being outed to a listener, so logoutzero, if he's telling the truth, just made himself a vanilla townie at best.

My gut tells me that something is wildly off about all of this but I can't really see a better alternative to the test the claim route that this sort of claim usually dictates.

I believe that from this post, we can merely (and quite possibly inaccurately) extrapolate the Mafia hitman. We are unable to read this post in any sort of context, so each of us is going to read what we want to hear.

Please tell me where my story has changed? If you are talking about my response to Bad Ash's specific questions, that was merely a miscommunication between you, and I. I did not mean to make it sound like thefranklin's name was not in the post, I did try to clear this up. Otherwise, what specifically, makes you say that my story has changed, even subtly?

I can agree that something is off as well. If mafia typically do not use forum nicks within QT posts, then it seems that this post was fabricated, or my listening skill may have been affected in some way by some power. But, this leads me down an intriguing thought line: If the mafia are obfuscating posts in their own QT to throw off potential listeners, what exactly are the odds that this one post is distorted, and is the one selected at random for me to hear? Are we saying that the mafia are deliberately speaking in tongue in every post in the QT thread? Or that this one just happened to be fabricated? Both scenarios seem highly improbable, so, my instinct is to say that a power is interfering with my ability to hear.

Vote: thefranklin

There is only one reason I can see for logoutzero, if scum, to attempt to get us to lynch someone who's town: Scum has a role cop and found out last night that he's bulletproof. I don't think that's sufficient reason for them to expose one of their own though, easy enough to simply not shoot that character, unless bulletproof has been coupled with some other threatening role, which seems a bit overpowered, but is possible.

If logoutzero is scum, and thefranklin is scum, this can simply be a bus, though a very early one. That leads me to think that it's also possible there's some negative outcome for the town if thefranklin is lynched.

With that said, I suggest we lynch thefranklin, and we have logoutzero lock him.

I have mixed feelings about whether I want to lynch thefranklin based solely on the post I was given. I do not, however, have an issue being the one to lock him, if majority rules that he is the one to go. I know where my allegiance lies, and if being the one to lock him is the test, I am ready to prove it!

Great post. I agree on every level and this is my main thoughts as well for the entire log vs frank scenario. I am surprised there is a listener in general, but I concur that I am not sure why he would lie unless he was worried about getting lynched? This is the bizarro last game as I'll antibus you! haha.

BUT I will say you have my full town support because I too have a QT all to myself. I am not trying to ruffle feathers of the game by saying so, but when you posted that, I can relate as I am in the same boat. No one to talk to but the mods

Are you surprised that there is a listener in this game because it is an uncommon role, or perhaps the hosts don't typically include them?

I also have a QT thread with nobody else to speak with outside of the moderators. I apologize, that is where I should have been posting my general mafia questions. Chalk that one up to being a noob, I suppose.

Taking stuff at face value is generally terrible ning. :) But, worst case scenario for us is logoutzero is leading us into lynching a member of the town that will cause someone to die when they get lynched, so he's sacrificing himself(since he'll be exposed as mafia if we lynch thefranklin and he flips town) for 2 kills.

Something we should also take into consideration: Deliberate obfuscation by mafia in case there was a listener. Honestly, scum using a forum name of one of the mafia members in their QT is either extremely poor play, or a deliberate attempt to lead us down a path that results in two townies getting lynched. Hmm. Actually, now that I think about it...that feels like the most likely scenario here. They're both town, and scum sprinkled their QT with things to mess with a listener.

The more I think about it, the more I agree with the second part of this post. The way I see it, there are a few possible outcomes:

A.) We lynch thefranklin, and he flips anti-town. This surely leads to me being the NK, as I have a powerful role in ousting mafia.

B.) We lynch thefranklin, and he flips town. I would assume that, if I make it through the night, I will be the next one lynched.

C.) I am lynched, and show as town. I would expect a heavy investigation of thefranklin to follow, in which case, if he is Mafia, surely any protective abilities they have will be on him, and if he's town, I'm sure the mafia will target him next, as the ultimate goal is for them to kill off the townies.

D.) I am lynched, and come up anti-town. Well, I'm not sure what would happen after this, but I figure it would be similar to C.

E.) No lynch, or someone else is lynched: In a case like this, I'm sure I will be targeted for NK, unless the mafia is certain that my listening power is easily countered.

really? PNIS and what is the first thing that comes to mind?

funny, lol

What is the most important thing? Do I need to formally come out and say "nah uh"?(1)

I am trying to figure out if he is lying about what he received or not. I have been through a similar circumstance with our lovely flub in the sphere game where I was wrongly accused and we lynched flub, who was town. The whole day was wasted as flub vs frank. And now the same thing is happening this game. A lynch of me or logoutzero proves nothing about the other person.(2)

So right now I would look at the people who are turning it into log vs Frank. There is also someone who tried to sell the fact that the mods themselves wrote Logouts information, almost as if they want everyone to believe it.

Hope you don't mind, I followed your technique, it seems quite nice!

1.) Are you saying that, you obviously don't have to come out and say that you aren't some sort of assassin? Or are you saying that, you are not affiliated with the mafia in any way? What are you saying "nah uh" to?

2.) I completely agree. Hell, even the post I received proves nothing about you, only that, your forum name was mentioned in at least one post in the Mafia's night thread. Doesn't mean you said it, doesn't even mean you were there.

(...)Could you explain how your role work exactly? Do you target someone, get passive info, and if it is passive, from what? I think it would be a good idea for you to give us all the info you have, because if you are telling the truth, mafia will want to get rid of you, so better it is all given to town now.

thefranklin - took a bit but you say this has no merit, you said nothing of the sort last night?

There have. Town vigilantes, normally with limited shots, are not uncommon. That said, they don't go for people at random, ever.

So you think it would be best to not lynch someone that claims to have mod confirmed information pointed at them being scum?

I explained it earlier in this post. I do not target anyone, I don't even have to activate it. I am automatically awarded a single random post from he Mafia QT each day. As I understand it, it should be within the first parts of the morning, but today had some sort of forgetful hiccup or something. If I last the night, we will see how it works tomorrow. I do agree that, if I'm not lynched today, I am a very high priority target tonight...

About the "last night" part, I'm going to assume that's not a slip? I think you mean last night as in, IRL, in the hours before the clock rolled past midnight, and the date changes, and not "last night" in-game, which means you and thefranklin were in-fact in contact during the night phase. I am inclined to believe you meant "last IRL night" but please specify.

Hey now!

I don't talk in the third person. I don't have the ability to talk with others at night, so I did not hear it, either. What's the point of the "took a bit" part? What are you trying to say with that?

So, you claim that you would have said "I will assassinate..." and not "thefranklin will assassinate..." Noted. Are you claiming that you are not aligned with the mafia, because you're not part of any night discussion?

As far as the "took a bit" part, my understanding is that first you weren't going to defend yourself at all, but as the day progressed, you decided you needed to make a claim that this is false information. What changed your mind? Were you assuming that by letting it roll off your back, that it would die out? But when it turned into the main discussion for today, you stepped up to the plate? That's how it appears, and I think that's what the point of that was. I could be wrong, that's just how I understand it.

(...)My take on the logoutzero vs thefranklin thingy is that I think we need to lynch thefranklin tonight. For information, there you go Gory, we need to know what he is. When we know that we can judge the interactions this day phase. It will be valuable for the rest of the game.

Personally, I think thefranklin is a SK or assasin and mafia probably investigated him. Mafia lingo usually does not include the term "asassinate", it would rather be "kill". The post logoutzero got might very well have been the result post. Or logoutzero is the investigating scum and got that post for his investigation and is trying to get town points for leading us to the SK now since he got a lot of fire yesterday. For me, he's not cleared at all even if thefranklin turns up anti-town.

I'll not vote yet since it's still early, but barring any turns and twist being revealed, my vote will go to thefranklin today.

I see what you mean about the way mafia would talk inside their own QT. But, I don' see how my random selected post could be a result post. I mean, the odds have to be astronomical. Unless, and I mentioned this earlier, there is some power interfering with my ability to hear. Some sort of "hear scout" or "loud noise-maker" or something.

I'm not sure that I believe that thefranklin is any sort of killer. My results are entirely open for interpretation. If (and it's a big one) we assume that this post could not have been altered, or fabricated in any way, then I do agree that thefranklin needs to be lynched ASAP. Which, in my mind, regardless of the results of his lynching, inevitably lead to either me being the NK, or next day phase's lynch.

I'm not sold on lynching Franklin. Perhaps I'm thinking too much into it, but it bothers me that it was the person who was nearly lynched yesterday who comes forward saying he's caught scum.

I don't think I was nearly lynched. A couple of people reacted to me apparently jumping on a bandwagon. I'm still very uneasy about Drixx... In my defense, I originally voted for Moar, only to stir up some interaction. I know she is a veteran player, and needed to get some sort of read from any body about her. When it went unnoticed, or rather no person reacted to it, I went for a second vote. In my opinion, *re*actions say more than actions. Perhaps I shouldn't have phrased my re-vote in the way that it did, as it made me look as if I was following suit. I did, and still do, have reservations about Drixx.

Also, don't put words into my post. I never said I caught scum. I simply provided everyone with information that I received, because I felt that I was powerless to respond to it as a single player.

So, to summarize:

I think no matter what happens, the outcome is that I will be tonight's target for NK, or I will be lynched during the next day phase. I don't know why I feel the need to say that, but, I'm trying to work all the angles out in my mind. And in my mind, they all play out, ultimately, with just about the same end results. Is there a doc in the house? T_T

I am going to smack anyone that touches my car.

10 people proceed to touch my car. It is very clear that I now have 10 smacks to hand out. There is no ambiguity, the word everyone equals anyone in this context.

And how can I not be sarcastic when people ask dumb questions? (I am not saying yoir questions are dumb).

I don't know how to address it further, I tried to not let it dominate otherwise it comes down to a "me vs logout" which does the town no good if logout is a town listener. My very first post said it was unbelievable, which means I dont believe it. I know I didnt say it (which is obvious) and the one thing I can figure out (if logout made it up or if he really is a listener) I tried to do. It is easy to just say it is his fabrication due to his scum list afterwards does not include me and his vote is not on me, but that leaves the town with no choice and no discussion. But apparently that is what drixx, pyro, moar, and others want.

I can't believe the few people who could somehow think I am the sk out of this. That should be looked at closer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Here's how it works. I do not pick a target, I do not choose anything, nor do I even activate my listen. Automatically, and at random, I am given one (1) random post from the Mafia QT. The poster is not revealed, only the post, a random one. What I posted in quotation marks is exactly what I got from the moderators. I cannot confirm, nor deny, that thefranklin posted that, nor anybody else. I can only say, that it was posted, and randomly selected from the entire night's discussion. I did not chose who to listen to, or anything. It was awarded completely at random, without being initiated by any action from myself.

So, are you saying that he is ignoring it because it is true, or ignoring it because it is false? Please confirm.

Apparently, the moderators forgot about it, so I am led to believe that from now on, I should have this information at the start of the day. In this specific instance, I was given this information at 5:45 PM ET (US) on the 13th, according to my QT, so this is the earliest I could have posted this specific information. Tomorrow may be different, it wholly depends on when the moderators post in my QT thread, when I get a chance to check it, and get here to post it. Does that answer your question? (no sarcasm)

I believe that from this post, we can merely (and quite possibly inaccurately) extrapolate the Mafia hitman. We are unable to read this post in any sort of context, so each of us is going to read what we want to hear.

Please tell me where my story has changed? If you are talking about my response to Bad Ash's specific questions, that was merely a miscommunication between you, and I. I did not mean to make it sound like thefranklin's name was not in the post, I did try to clear this up. Otherwise, what specifically, makes you say that my story has changed, even subtly?

I can agree that something is off as well. If mafia typically do not use forum nicks within QT posts, then it seems that this post was fabricated, or my listening skill may have been affected in some way by some power. But, this leads me down an intriguing thought line: If the mafia are obfuscating posts in their own QT to throw off potential listeners, what exactly are the odds that this one post is distorted, and is the one selected at random for me to hear? Are we saying that the mafia are deliberately speaking in tongue in every post in the QT thread? Or that this one just happened to be fabricated? Both scenarios seem highly improbable, so, my instinct is to say that a power is interfering with my ability to hear.

I have mixed feelings about whether I want to lynch thefranklin based solely on the post I was given. I do not, however, have an issue being the one to lock him, if majority rules that he is the one to go. I know where my allegiance lies, and if being the one to lock him is the test, I am ready to prove it!

Are you surprised that there is a listener in this game because it is an uncommon role, or perhaps the hosts don't typically include them?

I also have a QT thread with nobody else to speak with outside of the moderators. I apologize, that is where I should have been posting my general mafia questions. Chalk that one up to being a noob, I suppose.

The more I think about it, the more I agree with the second part of this post. The way I see it, there are a few possible outcomes:

A.) We lynch thefranklin, and he flips anti-town. This surely leads to me being the NK, as I have a powerful role in ousting mafia.

B.) We lynch thefranklin, and he flips town. I would assume that, if I make it through the night, I will be the next one lynched.

C.) I am lynched, and show as town. I would expect a heavy investigation of thefranklin to follow, in which case, if he is Mafia, surely any protective abilities they have will be on him, and if he's town, I'm sure the mafia will target him next, as the ultimate goal is for them to kill off the townies.

D.) I am lynched, and come up anti-town. Well, I'm not sure what would happen after this, but I figure it would be similar to C.

E.) No lynch, or someone else is lynched: In a case like this, I'm sure I will be targeted for NK, unless the mafia is certain that my listening power is easily countered.

Hope you don't mind, I followed your technique, it seems quite nice!

1.) Are you saying that, you obviously don't have to come out and say that you aren't some sort of assassin? Or are you saying that, you are not affiliated with the mafia in any way? What are you saying "nah uh" to?

2.) I completely agree. Hell, even the post I received proves nothing about you, only that, your forum name was mentioned in at least one post in the Mafia's night thread. Doesn't mean you said it, doesn't even mean you were there.

I explained it earlier in this post. I do not target anyone, I don't even have to activate it. I am automatically awarded a single random post from he Mafia QT each day. As I understand it, it should be within the first parts of the morning, but today had some sort of forgetful hiccup or something. If I last the night, we will see how it works tomorrow. I do agree that, if I'm not lynched today, I am a very high priority target tonight...

About the "last night" part, I'm going to assume that's not a slip? I think you mean last night as in, IRL, in the hours before the clock rolled past midnight, and the date changes, and not "last night" in-game, which means you and thefranklin were in-fact in contact during the night phase. I am inclined to believe you meant "last IRL night" but please specify.

So, you claim that you would have said "I will assassinate..." and not "thefranklin will assassinate..." Noted. Are you claiming that you are not aligned with the mafia, because you're not part of any night discussion?

As far as the "took a bit" part, my understanding is that first you weren't going to defend yourself at all, but as the day progressed, you decided you needed to make a claim that this is false information. What changed your mind? Were you assuming that by letting it roll off your back, that it would die out? But when it turned into the main discussion for today, you stepped up to the plate? That's how it appears, and I think that's what the point of that was. I could be wrong, that's just how I understand it.

I see what you mean about the way mafia would talk inside their own QT. But, I don' see how my random selected post could be a result post. I mean, the odds have to be astronomical. Unless, and I mentioned this earlier, there is some power interfering with my ability to hear. Some sort of "hear scout" or "loud noise-maker" or something.

I'm not sure that I believe that thefranklin is any sort of killer. My results are entirely open for interpretation. If (and it's a big one) we assume that this post could not have been altered, or fabricated in any way, then I do agree that thefranklin needs to be lynched ASAP. Which, in my mind, regardless of the results of his lynching, inevitably lead to either me being the NK, or next day phase's lynch.

I don't think I was nearly lynched. A couple of people reacted to me apparently jumping on a bandwagon. I'm still very uneasy about Drixx... In my defense, I originally voted for Moar, only to stir up some interaction. I know she is a veteran player, and needed to get some sort of read from any body about her. When it went unnoticed, or rather no person reacted to it, I went for a second vote. In my opinion, *re*actions say more than actions. Perhaps I shouldn't have phrased my re-vote in the way that it did, as it made me look as if I was following suit. I did, and still do, have reservations about Drixx.

Also, don't put words into my post. I never said I caught scum. I simply provided everyone with information that I received, because I felt that I was powerless to respond to it as a single player.

So, to summarize:

I think no matter what happens, the outcome is that I will be tonight's target for NK, or I will be lynched during the next day phase. I don't know why I feel the need to say that, but, I'm trying to work all the angles out in my mind. And in my mind, they all play out, ultimately, with just about the same end results. Is there a doc in the house? T_T

This post reeks scum.

@logoutzero
Have you played mafia in any way before this game?

This is scum talk, especially notes #A and #C. Trying to base scenarios off of what mafia will do is never a wise idea. Anticipate, but expect them to do what you did not anticipate.

I didn't. You stated that you thought Franklin was mafia. Here, let me show you.

Well, I'm not sure if there's ever been a Town-aligned killer. Barring something crazy like that, I say the votes are on him. Obviously anyone that defends him are Mafia, too.

Sounds to me like your story has some holes in it.

Unvote: LightningNick
Vote: Logoutzero

I figure this is probably the best option. I really dislike the claim in the first place; it seems contrived and opportunistic. If it's truth, then I'll eat crow, but even if that's the case we only lynch the listener, which has become a useless role after today's events.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High