The Most Extreme Elimination Challenge Mafia Edition

This is definitely a serious post. A point by point reply of every paragraph in a Wall of Text. Numbered. What's missing? The most important thing logoutzero has mentioned today is brushed under the rug. Noted.

Seconded .

I didn't really want to mess with what Bad Ash is doing, and I think logoutzero should probably answer Bad Ash's questions. I've thought through the situation and it seems fairly obvious that we should lynch thefranklin. I think I've reached the proper logical conclusion from all this, but I have to say this is one of the stranger mafia days in memory.

Of course, there's a lot I forget.

I didn't really want to mess with what Bad Ash is doing, and I think logoutzero should probably answer Bad Ash's questions. I've thought through the situation and it seems fairly obvious that we should lynch thefranklin. I think I've reached the proper logical conclusion from all this, but I have to say this is one of the stranger mafia days in memory.

Of course, there's a lot I forget.

All of my questions were showing LOGOUT the captain obvious answers, so by all means ask away.

All of my questions were showing LOGOUT the captain obvious answers, so by all means ask away.

I think what he has posted is inconsistent with every variety of listener that we've ever seen. While I wouldn't put it past BPC and Pharphis to have a listener in the game, I do find it highly doubtful that they would put in a listener ability that gives the listener the identity of the mafia hitman.

His story has changed subtly throughout the day and reeks of fake claim.

I can't figure out what motive he would have to lie though. If we lynch thefanklin and he doesn't come up scum, then logoutzero goes tomorrow so he buys a single mislynch, and that's assuming thefranklin doesn't come up with something that adjusts things and makes it better to test logout by lynching him. After all, mafia will now take steps to obfuscate what they say or stop using the chat altogether if they are being outed to a listener, so logoutzero, if he's telling the truth, just made himself a vanilla townie at best.

My gut tells me that something is wildly off about all of this but I can't really see a better alternative to the test the claim route that this sort of claim usually dictates.

I think what he has posted is inconsistent with every variety of listener that we've ever seen. While I wouldn't put it past BPC and Pharphis to have a listener in the game, I do find it highly doubtful that they would put in a listener ability that gives the listener the identity of the mafia hitman.

I can't figure out what motive he would have to lie though. If we lynch thefanklin and he doesn't come up scum, then logoutzero goes tomorrow so he buys a single mislynch, and that's assuming thefranklin doesn't come up with something that adjusts things and makes it better to test logout by lynching him. After all, mafia will now take steps to obfuscate what they say or stop using the chat altogether if they are being outed to a listener, so logoutzero, if he's telling the truth, just made himself a vanilla townie at best.

My gut tells me that something is wildly off about all of this but I can't really see a better alternative to the test the claim route that this sort of claim usually dictates.

Yeah, that's basically the way my thoughts are going.

Vote: thefranklin

There is only one reason I can see for logoutzero, if scum, to attempt to get us to lynch someone who's town: Scum has a role cop and found out last night that he's bulletproof. I don't think that's sufficient reason for them to expose one of their own though, easy enough to simply not shoot that character, unless bulletproof has been coupled with some other threatening role, which seems a bit overpowered, but is possible.

If logoutzero is scum, and thefranklin is scum, this can simply be a bus, though a very early one. That leads me to think that it's also possible there's some negative outcome for the town if thefranklin is lynched.

With that said, I suggest we lynch thefranklin, and we have logoutzero lock him.

Hmm, actually, I guess it's not really early. :p I don't think I've actually seen any deliberate busing occur in any of the games I've played so far here, so that particular line is simply me thinking out loud that I find it early, but maybe it really isn't for the meta here when plays like that occur.

Also...Now Door #1.

Numbers has gone through door #3 and now door #1, will he make it through the final door? Stay tuned.

Great post. I agree on every level and this is my main thoughts as well for the entire log vs frank scenario. I am surprised there is a listener in general, but I concur that I am not sure why he would lie unless he was worried about getting lynched? This is the bizarro last game as I'll antibus you! haha.

BUT I will say you have my full town support because I too have a QT all to myself. I am not trying to ruffle feathers of the game by saying so, but when you posted that, I can relate as I am in the same boat. No one to talk to but the mods

Yeah, that's basically the way my thoughts are going.

I feel the same way.

Vote: thefranklin

There is only one reason I can see for logoutzero, if scum, to attempt to get us to lynch someone who's town: Scum has a role cop and found out last night that he's bulletproof. I don't think that's sufficient reason for them to expose one of their own though, easy enough to simply not shoot that character, unless bulletproof has been coupled with some other threatening role, which seems a bit overpowered, but is possible.

If logoutzero is scum, and thefranklin is scum, this can simply be a bus, though a very early one. That leads me to think that it's also possible there's some negative outcome for the town if thefranklin is lynched.

With that said, I suggest we lynch thefranklin, and we have logoutzero lock him.

I think this seems safest to me.

Ok so cbg was killed and i thought it would be beneficial to ask why? Either mafia don't like him pointing out their lurker ways OR he voted for one of them, so they took him out.

So i checked back to see who cbg was after voting for and it was zokar. Noted.

Logout seems to have incriminated thefranklin pretty successfully, painting himself as town and tf as mafia or at least sk?

Has he steered us to vote tf because he genuinely thinks its helpful info to share? I want to believe yes but in that this is my first time playing i don't know if taking stuff at face value is good, bad or indifferent?

So Im now tossing up between zokar as likely mafia and tf as same but since tf seems to have potential to kill more people i guess i vote him now and keep an eye on zokar, also keeping an eye on who gets killed tonight and who they voted for.

Unvote iwanttousenumbersinmyname
Vote Franklin[\b]

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Taking stuff at face value is generally terrible ning. :) But, worst case scenario for us is logoutzero is leading us into lynching a member of the town that will cause someone to die when they get lynched, so he's sacrificing himself(since he'll be exposed as mafia if we lynch thefranklin and he flips town) for 2 kills.

Something we should also take into consideration: Deliberate obfuscation by mafia in case there was a listener. Honestly, scum using a forum name of one of the mafia members in their QT is either extremely poor play, or a deliberate attempt to lead us down a path that results in two townies getting lynched. Hmm. Actually, now that I think about it...that feels like the most likely scenario here. They're both town, and scum sprinkled their QT with things to mess with a listener.

Ok so cbg was killed and i thought it would be beneficial to ask why? Either mafia don't like him pointing out their lurker ways OR he voted for one of them, so they took him out.

So i checked back to see who cbg was after voting for and it was zokar. Noted.

Logout seems to have incriminated thefranklin pretty successfully, painting himself as town and tf as mafia or at least sk?

Has he steered us to vote tf because he genuinely thinks its helpful info to share? I want to believe yes but in that this is my first time playing i don't know if taking stuff at face value is good, bad or indifferent?

So Im now tossing up between zokar as likely mafia and tf as same but since tf seems to have potential to kill more people i guess i vote him now and keep an eye on zokar, also keeping an eye on who gets killed tonight and who they voted for.

Unvote iwanttousenumbersinmyname
Vote Franklin[\b]
what the neck does confiscation mean?

Ok i clearly didn't mean to double post or say neck instead of neck but edits are not allowed so can fix my clumsy phone typoing

No zokar NOOOOOOOO! *sob*

Well so far everyone seems to be suspecting Thefranklin and logoutzero to be scum but couldn't scum just be teaming up and make them (Thefranklin and logoutzero) look scum while they are actually town or am I missing something here? (Be gentle its my first time)

Damn I forgot to post that I follow numbers trough the doors and before he takes the final door I trip him and try the door myself.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High