The Daily -- All Daily, Every Daily

sarcasm alert

Ok, thanks. =) Wasn't sure.

Congrats Helvete!

RL: Easter. We dyed eggs and hid them and found them. I was the Easter bunny (I put out the candy in the basket this morning). Going to cook some delicious food later.

D2: Untwinked single pass /p1 barb in the Barbarian Brothers Tournament. I just got the first of hopefully many points in Frenzy. Going to kill Nihlathak in Normal next and probably personalize the chance guards.

OVG: Demons Souls and Legend of Grimrock, but probably not today.

RL: car needs more in repairs than it's worth, so I'm looking at cars.

D2: nay

OVG: Hearthstone and Skyrim. In Skyrim, I have both a stealth archer in the works, wrecking the game, and a shield mage, who I'm hopeful will improve in potency one I level the core skills a bit more.

RL: Spring Break for my daughter - taking her to a Great Wolf Lodge with some friends. Epic indoor water park awaits!
D2: I played my Blizzsorc a little today - she's got a decent AT map. Only one dog leg, otherwise its a circle. She also has a nice two set LK map (6 chests), so occasionally pop in there. Found a MAL today which has been my best AT rune drop since my restart. Won't be playing while away...not packing up my home computer!
OVG: Does fantasy baseball count?

Sounds like fun! I'm basically on vacation right now until my new job starts.

RL: getting stuff done. Taxes, new job paperwork, looking into a new car (and I've spotted a pretty fine looking replacement)

Many good things... oh! And racquetball today, though I snaps the string in my racquet last week... I guess it happens when you've got thunder in your hands. This is the second racquet that I've done that to now :/

Oh well, time to get them restrung.

Last edited:
Many exciting things:

RL: I got a car today! Used 2013 Honda Civic Coupe. It's splendiferous. And haircut. And going down to Chicago to see a friend. And stuff. :)

D2: I copied everything from my old laptop onto my new beast of a computer, and I ran a LK briefly yesterday. This keyboard will take a few hours to get used to...

OVG: Hearthstone goodness. Oh, and I bought Risk of Rain off of Steam when it was on a 75% off sale, and it's pretty darn good.

I've heard RoR is really good. I think I even played a super early version of the game that was free, like 2 years ago

Oh man, it's a kick in the butt at first, but I think I'm starting to get a hang of it. Jumping all the time is your friend. Still have more to learn and practice, though.

RL: been away for 4-5 months from the SPF, but not much changes it seems ?how is everyone? my wife meanwhile gave birth to our second daughter (well, actually already in January...) and everybody is well. Our oldest daughter is very fond and protective of her little sister ? we're currently on vacation in Italy before my paternity leave ends, so I was able to get some D2 time in, too!

D2: continued with my bountyhunter Nero and completed Act 2 hell - I skipped the tombs though because there weren't any trophymobs (= no items for me to use) and merc resurrections were starting to cost me all my fortune...

Congrats Grisu and enjoy your vacation!

RL: It's a beautiful day so I went for a long walk in the neighborhood to look at all the new flowers and listen to the birds. Tonight the new season of Game of Thrones starts!

D2: Silumgar the treasure hunting Frenzy barb is about to face NM meph. I have a wand of lifetap, so I am not too worried.

OVG: nah

D2: Silumgar the treasure hunting Frenzy barb is about to face NM meph. I have a wand of lifetap, so I am not too worried.
A M:TG player, hmm? Any thoughts on the new set?
On topic: Have to read up on the treasure hunts - looks interesting!

And thanks for the well-wishes!

A M:TG player, hmm? Any thoughts on the new set?
On topic: Have to read up on the treasure hunts - looks interesting!

And thanks for the well-wishes!

Yep, I've been playing since Revised. =) New set is fun. I went to the prerelease but mostly play casually, not currently keeping up with standard. I have a cube which you can check out at CubeTutor, mine is #1747. I did just watch a streamed quarterfinal pro tour match between Blue/Black Control and Red/Green Dragons though. Every time I watch pro magic I want to get that good at it....

Congrats grisu!

RL: I'm working extra hours this week since it is the holidays, so more money! The biggest highlight since I was last really on the forum (time :() is that I am now an official competitive runner, which is awesome because I get into the first waves at races :D

D2: I reinstalled last night because it is the holidays. I've continued my untwinked hardcore fishy (my 2xxth...), although he was only in act 1 normal anyway...

OVG: I've been playing AoE3 a bit, but I rarely get time :(

Hi all!

Congrats, grisu!

RL: Defended dissertation and graduating with Ph.D. in a few weeks...
D2: Started my first HC (and thus untwinked) character, a WW Barb. I just reached level 30 last night, so it's time to start whirling.

Congrats Grisu and enjoy your vacation!

RL: It's a beautiful day so I went for a long walk in the neighborhood to look at all the new flowers and listen to the birds. Tonight the new season of Game of Thrones starts!

OVG: nah
Aaaaaand the first four episode is on torrent. Yesssss.

RL: I'm looking for a job, but I don't really know what I want to work. My last job was ok-ish, but I really hate working on a computer all day. I'll probably try to find a summer job as a bartender or something until I figure out if I really want to work in design/printing. The salary is good and all but OMG it's soooo boring...

D2: Good thing about being unemployed is... sleeping late and lots of D2 time. I've lately only been running LK/Trav but I've got a few projects I want to do in the near future. First is reworking my AT Blizzard and giving that place a final go, I've never had any luck there. Second is Pit Hammerdin, but that requires LK/Trav to actually start coughing up runes.

OVG: A bit of FIFA 14 here and there.

Last edited:
Congrats, grisu!

RL: Defended dissertation and graduating with Ph.D. in a few weeks...
D2: Started my first HC (and thus untwinked) character, a WW Barb. I just reached level 30 last night, so it's time to start whirling.
What is your Ph.D. subject?

Rl: started a new role at my current employer (project manager)

Ovg: civ v mostly.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High