The Daily -- All Daily, Every Daily

RL: Work from home day, which means that during lunch I can...

D2: Bouncing between projects - Blizzy taking down AT, working on that crossbow wielding necro, and a lightning damage based bowazon (still not sure on what its going to look like).

OVG: Nope

RL: been away for 4-5 months from the SPF, but not much changes it seems ?how is everyone? my wife meanwhile gave birth to our second daughter (well, actually already in January...) and everybody is well. Our oldest daughter is very fond and protective of her little sister ? we're currently on vacation in Italy before my paternity leave ends, so I was able to get some D2 time in, too!

D2: continued with my bountyhunter Nero and completed Act 2 hell - I skipped the tombs though because there weren't any trophymobs (= no items for me to use) and merc resurrections were starting to cost me all my fortune...

Woo! Congrats!

*pets da Kitteh*

Congrats, grisu!

RL: Defended dissertation and graduating with Ph.D. in a few weeks...
D2: Started my first HC (and thus untwinked) character, a WW Barb. I just reached level 30 last night, so it's time to start whirling.

Where have you been, BBS?!?

RL: Started my new work yesterday. I've learned so much in just two days. Looking forward to more tomorrow. And my car is serving me very well :)

D2: Waiting for work to settle in, letting my want to play grow before I prematurely burn myself out again.

OVG: Hearthstone for a small distraction in the afternoons/evenings.

@Zenigma Congrats on the new job! I've mostly just been pounding away at the dissertation is what caused my D2 hiatus. Interviewing for jobs now, so we'll see how long my return to D2 lasts.

Yep, I've been playing since Revised. =) New set is fun. I went to the prerelease but mostly play casually, not currently keeping up with standard. I have a cube which you can check out at CubeTutor, mine is #1747. I did just watch a streamed quarterfinal pro tour match between Blue/Black Control and Red/Green Dragons though. Every time I watch pro magic I want to get that good at it....
My last two prereleases were sabotaged by the birth of my daughter and a concert of my vocal ensemble...but yeah, the new set sounds like fun! I started playing Magic again with Khans after quitting around the release of Tempest...so much changed! But it's still a lot of fun, and with a job I can finally afford it :p

Congratz Grisu! Good to see you again. Don't be a stranger and visit us more often!
I'll try - kids are keeping me busy though...never thought it was that much of a change going from one kid to two...:confused:

RL: Started my new work yesterday. I've learned so much in just two days.
Good luck for your new work!

RL: I'm working extra hours this week since it is the holidays, so more money! The biggest highlight since I was last really on the forum (time :() is that I am now an official competitive runner, which is awesome because I get into the first waves at races :D
Wow! Competitive runner, huh? Sounds great! So you've been away from the SPF, too?

RL: Just came back from our holiday in Tuscany, Italy. Will start at my new job on Monday. Now where's something to eat...??

D2: Not today, but trying to finish some tournament characters in the near future.

OVG: Hearthstone - trying to get the last 1400 gold to unlock the upcoming two wings of the new expansion...

RL: Just came back from our holiday in Tuscany, Italy. Will start at my new job on Monday. Now where's something to eat...??

D2: Not today, but trying to finish some tournament characters in the near future.

OVG: Hearthstone - trying to get the last 1400 gold to unlock the upcoming two wings of the new expansion...

OooOOOooohh, Italy. How nice! What was it like in Tuscany? Also, <3 Hearthstone

RL: Finished my first week of work. Nice full-time schedule. Corporate building has a gym and a sauna which I've already been taking full advantage of :D Rearranged my room today. Been having a good time with it.

D2: Run a little bit of LK today.

OVG: Played Hearthstone and made use of my wireless controller receiver and played a little bit of Bioshock on the computer.

Edit: Hearthstone update for anyone concerned: I just had an 11-win arena run, so that's always nice

Last edited:
RL: The thunderstorm sorceress can stop practicing thunderstorming now. Any more and we'll drown down here....

D2: Sept work, Natasha work.

OVG: Maybe some football, or basketball.

Nope. I'm close to where Leo is now, but I'm on the west side of Houston.

RL: Sunlight? What is this sunlight?

D2: still thinking about simple ways for a barb to get through the game....

OVG: Not really.

RL: Can't feel my legs... Too much football. Considering I have not gone further than 100 meters on foot all winter it's sort of expected.
D2: Haven't been playing much this week, but I'll probably squeeze in a couple hundred more LK runs. Ber/Sur will eventually show up, it's been far too long.
OVG: Nah

RL: Bachelor party today, should be fun

D2:
After playing my naked sorc for few hours, I decided to enjoy some AT runs with my old SC Bliz sorc. 1 coa, 1 greyform, 2 blue sacred armors and I died :( 5kk exp lost at lvl 96. Died from curse/might combo.

OVG: Watched some insane 70 minute lol game of the asian ESL.

RL: Really sleepy/unmotivated lately
D2: Been doing ~30 min play sessions on my 1.07 barb (98.15) while I watch youtube videos
OVG: Lots of Project Melee with my bro, a decent amount of Theatrhythm (Final Fantasy rhythm game on 3DS) and just started to play Crypt of the Necrodancer

So, so, so many things

RL: still love the new job. Had some OT today. Time and a half does the old wallet good. Signed up for my 401(k). Went out with two womenfolk over the weekend. One Saturday, one Sunday. Working it has gone well, and I've been eating quite healthfully at work with the salads and poultry. Gettin' gainz! :p Now off to bed because I need more sleep.

D2: briefly, not really

OVG: Hearthstone ^^

I think it's time to make a SP-career once again. Have quitted some games recently.. Mostly of boredom

RL: as part of my management training, I'm learning to drive and operate heavy machinery. As of yesterday, I have my certification to drive 'reach' forklifts. I love my new job. Next couple of weeks I'll be putting product away, as they train me on the 'picker' forklift. And then it's off to opening and closing shifts. Then I transfer to another department for similar training. 14 months to go.

D2: not recently. But I might be getting that itch soon

OVG: not too much. A wee bit of Hearthstone

Overall, I've spent tons of time at work, had five hours of overtime last week. Working out, racquetball... Oh, and on Monday, my work's gym manager is going to get to security to allow my card access to the gym after hours, so I'm exited for that

RL: In Darwin this week for work.

D2: not this week

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High