The Daily -- All Daily, Every Daily

Zenigma

Jan 19, 2014
I like seeing the little snippets people post every now and then about what's up, so I figured this would be a nice way to catch up with each other and our exploits.

So, welcome to The Daily. Talk a bit, share a bit; that's what it's all about. Happy hunting.

I'll kick this off with a Thursdaily:
Real life: Today I was supposed to interview for a job, but the interview got pushed to Tuesday. So it's going to be a regular day, minus going to work. So... Workouts, Netflix, maybe some Video games to boot.
Diablo 2: I took a break from it for a while, but I'm coming back with a vengeance. Well, actually with running around on my fc bear. Inspiration strikes.
Other Video Games: I started playing Hearthstone a couple weeks ago, And it's still fun. I'll be playing this one for a while. Definitely enjoying the Mage, Shaman, and Hunter classes most.

RL: Grad school is tiring now that I have a class and have to TA. The summer was too chill for a start, I guess
D2: Started 1.10a and made a CtA in there for my BKWB runner (Andy fire sorc). It rolled 10 BO, ofc... I forgot how annoying life was w/o infinite rejuvs or insight mercs :p
OVG: King Arthur's Gold has been fun since i got it last December... though I MIGHT play SSB4 (3DS) when it comes out, and I will DEFINITELY play Binding of Isaac: Rebirth when it comes out in Nov...

Hope the upcoming job interview goes well Zenigma. :)

You can still have infinite uniques if you take a quick spin or two in the pits/AT, every unique/champion seems to drop 2 full rejuvs each in 1.07, and get I say get those TC66's!

RL: Avoiding non-immediate chores as much as humanly possible, and re-listening to old hardcore history podcasts.
D2: Skulder's rack all day every day so I can do something else in 1.07. I almost made another sorc to that end but... I don't want to. On the upside, lots of barb/druid helms and a double campfire.
OVG: Mostly just risk of rain intermittently.

RL: Hearing Voices:( Schizophrenia FTL. Anti-psychotics can only do so much.

D2: Running Pindle and LK for fun not really looking for anything in particular. Just collecting runes and Pgems and occasionally a charm. I find the best items when I'm not doing the insanity of hunting for 1 item off a particular monster.

OVG: Morrowind is running again and I look forward to the immersion it offers.

I'm waiting on the Binding of Isaac: Rebirth. I've already preordered it on Steam. It looks amazing, the new soundtrack, what I've heard of it, at least, sounds FANTASTIC. I cannot wait for that.

Today huh?

ky2L05E.jpg

Lets see what's happening today?

RL: They are eliminating my section at work effective the 30th. Job hunting begins again...

D2: little more work with a fireball/nova sorc (really got into her when the game kept dropping fire res charms) fire res at 56%. About to head from the outer cloister out.

OVG: NCAA College Football 09 (of course as its football season)

Not been active on here in a while but here goes...

RL: The weekend is upon us but i am poor until next week so its a night in with the lads playing D3 on Xbox1 and then spend time with my partner rest of the weekend.

D2: Since i took up D2 again around 2 months ago my Blizz Sorc is finally coming together and finding good items. Still on the hunt for better chancies, better travs, full tals, shako and an occulus and 4os Monarch but the game still impresses by dropping Tomb Reaver, eth Titans, Arreats, Skullders and other useful and rare stuffs :)

OVG: D3 on Xbox1. Picked it up 3 days ago, not played D3 since release day for PC where a week or 2 later it hit the bin through frustration. Now though on console, the game feels well refined and plays real nice on the console, i am now a big fan :)

RL: I have a pretty heavy training schedule just now plus a lot of coursework. I had a trail run this morning and I have a weights sessions this afternoon, and then I need to do some work on a talk I'm due to give on evidence for and against women being better at multitasking. I'm going to use the audience to gather extra evidence during the talk, so hopefully I will get some bonus points xD

D2: I did some Travincal runs last night. I seriously need more gaming time...

OVG: Nope...

RL: Grad school is tiring now that I have a class and have to TA. The summer was too chill for a start, I guess
D2: Started 1.10a and made a CtA in there for my BKWB runner (Andy fire sorc). It rolled 10 BO, ofc... I forgot how annoying life was w/o infinite rejuvs or insight mercs :p
OVG: King Arthur's Gold has been fun since i got it last December... though I MIGHT play SSB4 (3DS) when it comes out, and I will DEFINITELY play Binding of Isaac: Rebirth when it comes out in Nov...
Good to see another grad student here. The TA stuff can be a grind, but also fun as well, depending on whether good get a really good roll on your class.

RL: Received back chapter 4 of my dissertation with comments from the head of my committee. Finished all coursework, and received a fellowship this semester so I don't have to do the TA thing and I still get a stipend. Of course, I'm not using the extra time to work on my dissertation, but rather to work at another job to bring in more money for the fam. Watching Twin Peaks again. (See avatar.)
D2: Having a lot of fun playing my 2h Fanazealot in A3 Hell, and running LK.
OVG: What? Honestly, I haven't played a video game in about 10 years, and I didn't really play any before. I just came to D2 a few months ago, so the entire video game thing as a whole is new to me.

Last edited:
Happy Fridaily!

RL: Job search continues, workouts continue (I've lost forty pounds off my peak weight)
D2: I've putting it off, but today is going to be my cube-a-thon. I have around 3000 pieces of gems and runes I need to transmute. Might as well be today while watching Archer on Netflix.
OVG: Still the daily quest on Hearthstone for now. There are other games that I've wanted to fire up, but I don't have the time to get immersed in them.

Out of curiosity, BBS, how did you arrive at D2 to be your first video game in ten years?

Out of curiosity, BBS, how did you arrive at D2 to be your first video game in ten years?

It was pretty random actually.

My wife and I were at Target looking for something to watch on DVD (no internet at home!) and I walked past and saw D2 on the shelf. I said, "Hey, this would be fun for a change. I remember trying to play this game back when I was 16 or so. We'll play through some of it together."

We played through Act 2 Normal, and my interest was piqued by all the skills and everything, which I didn't quite remember from trying to play it when I was a teenager. I became interested in playing through entire game, and came on here to get some help.

Just the ones I don't need for crafting, or rune words I haven't made yet. I'm keeping at least two of all of them, you know... just in case something pops up.

RL: Also in the throes of job hunting. Bleak times. Doing something in the outdoors with my fiance this weekend.
D2: MF-ing, questing with some characters and also some GF-ing for gambling purposes.
OVG: None at the moment, although Wasteland 2 looks good.

RL: Tired. I think I'll leave work soon
D2: Turns out quest bug works when you forward a 1.10a char that has already completed Andy. Gooood. I've been leveling my sorc/merc at nm eldritch (much better exp than in 1.13...?) so that Andy runs become more efficient (gogo Fireball synergies). I only have ~250 MF atm, though that might slowly increase as I do these runs (a gheed's would be nice and should not take long at all)

Dealing with a computer crash, And my tech guy is off canoeing in the wilderness for a few more days. I'm right now running LK for a freaking Gul or Vex to make Death in an 07 eth CS, and them later will search for a Sur/Ber and make beast and then try my hand at a barb capable of running Nihl. But first the PC needs to come back alive.

Gotta love that Saturdaily! Going to bed in a moment, but I've already started on some of my goals for today

RL: Sending out more applications today. I'm so proud of my resume.
D2: Continuing on my untwinked bone necro. He was my first pat, but I want to level him up some, and I'm making a little progress here and there. Also starting a hc commandomancer when I get bored of hitting things with bone spear. Maybe I'll do that later, we'll see.
OVG: I want to fire up UT2k4 invasion, but I'm too lazy to click on the desktop icon. Eh, I've got too much other work to do to go ahead and play any more games than I already am.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High