SPF Technical Support Thread

Appears fixed to me now, although I got no response to my thread in the mod forum.

Is it OK for everyone else?

I had got around the forum issues by using a filter to block incgamers.com, so I've just tried turning off my filter and it does seem to be working OK now. I'll have to test it on mobile but earlier today I still had issues on mobile...

Maybe something to do with permissions on the map files?

Never heard of this one before.
I believe I have figured it out. I am using Google Drive, and the associated 'Backup and Sync' app, and have pointed it at my save folder (more specifically, a folder containing my stash and save folders). This is because a) I sometimes play using different machines, and b) it's an easy way to back my stuff up in the event of computer issues.

Apparently, having the sync app running while running the game can cause this. My guess is it acquires exclusive access to the files when it detects changes on the filesystem, preventing reading and writing (I'd have assumed just the latter), and this can prevent the game from 'seeing' the file. Since the game probably tries reading the automap data when you enter a new area, if it can't, it falls back to an 'empty' map.

The solution is to exit the sync app completely; pausing synchronization doesn't seem to be sufficient for some odd reason. Then when I'm done playing, I can run it, let it sync, and exit it.

Anybody else have an issue where their keys seem to remap while playing? I intermittently have my "show belt" hotkey stop working. It is mapped as "/", but if I try to remap it in game after the issue occurs it shows as "\". (For US keyboard this would be "`" and "~"). It is almost like Windows changes my keyboard language, but when I check Windows it is still on my default. Closing the game and launching it again solves the problem but that is not very convenient.

Thanks in advance!

Hello guys!

So i am doing untwinked barb 99er currently and decided to try glide wrapper to check if it is faster and preferably make the game window bigger. It is pretty ok, but i've noticed some strange mouse behavior. It jumps everytime i open char screen or inventory. I saw some posts about that problem but i still can't fix it. I also know people that uses the same setup as me and don't have that issue. Does anybody have a solution?

@peytron never happened, unless I actually hit the language switch shortcut accidentally. Have you tried disabling/removing other languages? Just to see what happens, if nothing else.

@ResTTe I could never fix the jumping mouse cursor when playing in glide's windowed mode. I just use the full screen, but limit it to 1600x1200. Windows 10 handles this pretty well, you just get black bars on the side. If I play in 1280x960 I get bars above, below and on the side. Doesn't bother me, but might be annoying for some. Don't know about other windows versions though, but maybe you could match the screen resolution to what you're using in D2. This is already a lot of work though, so might not be worth the trouble every time you start the game. Plus, the image quality really drops off if your not using the monitor's native resolution.

Edit: if you go the "black bar" route, remember to check the "captured mouse" option, otherwise the pointer will somehow go into the black bars :p

Last edited:
It looks like I've tried everything an literally nothing works. All I want is to have a window bigger than 800x600, while using ddraw or glide, doesn't matter. Don't want to play fullscreen, cause it is annoying if I do some other things while playing. Guess I am stuck with that small window and the best I can do is to maximize it by doubleclicking on the frame. Yhe problem is that it doesn't look that good XD
Thanks for the advice though!

@ResTTe Maybe this can help: I play window mode on a 4k monitor using ddraw. 800x600 looks tiny at that resolution, so the trick I do is to maximize the D2 window on a secondary monitor, which is at 1920x1200 resolution, then drag the D2 window back to the 4k monitor. Now I have a D2 window that is roughly 1600x1200 (slightly less due to the title bar at the top) on 4k resolution without using glide and its cursor jumping issue.

@ResTTe Try this: lower the display resolution, maximize D2 window, then restore the display resolution to the default.

@NanoMist That actually worked. Game doesn't look that good in a bigger window, but at least I can see stuff and the mouse isn't jumping all over the place. It has some problems with leaving the window through bottom and right edges though. It looks like there is some blank space, so I have to move mouse further in order to leave the window, but that's not a big issue.

Nonetheless thanks everybody for help! @ioupainmax @Albatross

How about this one...

I play in windowed mode (w/ glide). Very recently, screen goes black after 4-5 runs in WSK. Only sound is like the wind. I have to shut game down using task manager...

Only happens in WSK (so far). I can play for an hour in LK without issue.

So... apparantly I shouldn't have upgraded my Mac to Catalina. For all you running the native mac os client... don't, they've dropped support for 32 bit apps so it won't start.

Does anybody know if it will work through wine, or will even that be a no-go?

Edit: should have searched more thouroughly in the forum... https://www.purediablo.com/forums/threads/d2-in-macos-catalina.966534/
In any case, now anybody looking for info here gets a shortcut :)

Whats up with the "upgrade system login" when trying to reach some pages on here? Feels extremely phishy to me... Anyone else getting this when following links to various forum threads?

View attachment 52090

I suspect there has been some underlying upgrade of the forum at some point. Some links use this URL format:
MF oddball example from spf community and links: https://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=373249

I suspect the format of the URL has changed at some point, if you take the above URL and turn it into this: https://www.purediablo.com/forums/threads/373249/ it seems to link properly. So remove showthread.php?t= and replace it with forums/threads/numberid that is after the = in the original URL.

Suppose someone has to go over old posts and replace the URLs, but until then this is a workaround at least.

I suspect there has been some underlying upgrade of the forum at some point. Some links use this URL format:
MF oddball example from spf community and links: https://www.purediablo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=373249

I suspect the format of the URL has changed at some point, if you take the above URL and turn it into this: https://www.purediablo.com/forums/threads/373249/ it seems to link properly. So remove showthread.php?t= and replace it with forums/threads/numberid that is after the = in the original URL.

Suppose someone has to go over old posts and replace the URLs, but until then this is a workaround at least.
Ah, thank you. Now I can once again access the ever so useful item bonus list.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High