SPF Hall Of Records

3 best Pit maps in SPF history:

1. Fabians Pit 12+ bosspack map
2. Fabians ex Pit map he rerolled to get 12+ bosspack map
3. Fabians ex zerkers Pit map with only ~ 10 average bosspacks

Gripphon may I ask what skill build you used on your novamancer, aside from the obvious psn skills?

Aside from maxed poison tree skills, I used following skills:
20 Corpse Explosion
1 Bone Armor
1 Revive
1 Iron Golem
1 Summon Resist
rest into Lower Resist

Thanks, I think I'll try something similar. My current nova/summon hybrid is not working as well as I would like.

SC WW barbarian
Category: Lister
Average time: 2:33.716
Character level: 96

SC WW barbarian
Category: Baal
Average time: 3:10.281
Character level: 96

Equipment and build is listed here

Last edited:
SC Lightning sorc
Average time: 1:54.324
Lightning damage: 6-41892
Hp: above 3k
Mana: 1.2k

Equipment:
Griffon's Eye with facet (+18, -24)
Mara's Kaleidoscope
Hoto
Spirit
1.07 Arkaines with 14@ jewel
Arachnid Mesh
Frostburn
2x beta BKWB
Silkweave boots

Switch: CtA + Spirit

Inventory: 8x lite skiller, resist charms to max, life/mana charms, cube

Merc: Infinity, Fortitude, Gaze (ias jewel)

I'll update tables and everything tomorrow.

Last edited:
HC lvl 93 singer barb
Category: Pits p1
MF: 640
Hork: 56%
Runs done: 50
Average time: 1:24.3
Bosspacks: 402 (8.04 per run)
Efficiency: 6.72 sec/bosspack
Adjusted efficiency: 2.409 fabians
War Cry damage: 918-951

So, I installed D2 on my mac, got a mouse and gave it a new try.

HC lvl 93 singer barb
Runs done: 53
Average time: 1:26.223
Bosspacks: 443 (8.35 per run)
Efficiency: 6.62 sec/bosspack
Adjusted efficiency: 2.373 fabians

Very minor improvement. As you see, run times actually dropped from my glorius touchpad days. However, this was also my first time ever playing with a mouse and I am definitely already feeling more comfortable after 50 runs. On top of the mouse, I'm also getting used to new hotkeys and playing in windowed mode. The avg time of the first 25 runs of the set was 1:31+ (albeit also a bit higher boss count) so improvement is definitely happening. I will do some more casual running and get ready to hopefully get close to the 2 fabians in the future. I'm not sure aiming for a sub-2 score is possible on this map.

Is your mouse captured to the screen or is it possible to click off of the screen while playing? From your previous post about D2 still running unfrozen while not the active window makes me think your mouse isn't window-captured, which ofc will make things much more difficult (efficiency) as well as dangerous (might, fanat, cursed instances) for you in the long run.

Is your mouse captured to the screen or is it possible to click off of the screen while playing? From your previous post about D2 still running unfrozen while not the active window makes me think your mouse isn't window-captured, which ofc will make things much more difficult (efficiency) as well as dangerous (might, fanat, cursed instances) for you in the long run.

Ehm, it's difficult to explain. I'm running what is apparently some sort of windows emulator (i have no idea whether it is actually an emulator) on OSX. I am running windowed mode, but in a full screen emulator - it is just the window on top of a complete black background. No, it is not captured but nothing happens if I click outside. The problem I have is that the entire emulator (Xquartz) sometimes minimizes - both the window and the black screen it is on top of - and returns to regular OSX desktop. And it has apparently nothing to do with what I press or do with mouse or keyboard, since it also seems to happen even when I'm literally not touching anything.

Ehm, it's difficult to explain. I'm running what is apparently some sort of windows emulator (i have no idea whether it is actually an emulator) on OSX. I am running windowed mode, but in a full screen emulator - it is just the window on top of a complete black background. No, it is not captured but nothing happens if I click outside. The problem I have is that the entire emulator (Xquartz) sometimes minimizes - both the window and the black screen it is on top of - and returns to regular OSX desktop. And it has apparently nothing to do with what I press or do with mouse or keyboard, since it also seems to happen even when I'm literally not touching anything.
It's plausible that hamachi chat causes that, or some sort of updating of software. That's all I can offer for advice

HC lvl 93 singer barb
Runs done: 52
Average time: 1:19.96
Bosspacks: 418 (8.04 per run)
Efficiency: 6.375 sec/bosspack
Adjusted efficiency: 2.28 fabians

Another try. This time significantly better than touchpad. Once again, avg time started out quite a lot higher that final result, so I believe further improvement to be very possible.

Rolled a new pits yesterday against my will, and thought I'd record some stats for the first one that seemed decent to learn a bit more about both the map's efficiency, and my own. I thought I'd share, as it might be interesting to some what a newbie at trying to farm fast-ish with a more general MFer might accomplish.

This is with a baby's first MFer sort of meteorb. Pretty basic Hell-Meph-Runs level of wealth/items which can be seen here in her mat thread. Although she's made some decent progress towards BiS gear. The runs consisted of also killing large non-boss-packs that were grouped relatively nicely for FO or fireballs. Partially because I'm still learning to quickly identify boss packs (and generally just killing larger groups is at least as fast, everything goes down in a cast or two at p1), and partially because prior to doing these 50 runs, I was getting a fair bit of useful/new items from regular mobs still. I have no idea if even lower wealth players are better off purely focusing on bosspacks, or if that's mostly just for ppl hunting TC87's, but I did feel there was a big improvement from skipping the smaller and more annoying (eg spread out) normal mob packs.

Despite being a meteorb, at p1 meteor is just such a huge slow down that using fireball instead is almost always better/faster. Frozen Orb as always remains fabulous. This does lead me to believe that an orballer with a stronger fireball would make a much better pits runner than meteorb. That said, out of curiosity I plugged some hork numbers into my spreadsheet, and it made such a big difference to the eff/aeff numbers (a reduction of 10eff and 2.2fabians)that I think it'd be hard to argue for a non-barb for any enigma owner.

Lv89-90 SC Meteorb Sorceress
MF: 356
Hork: N/A
Runs done: 50
Average time: 04:08.15
Bosspacks: 428 (8.56 per run)
Efficiency: 28.989 sec/bosspack
Adjusted efficiency: 11.88 fabians
Fireball: 4009-4439
Frozen Orb: 384-403

Given that the runs weren't pure-bosspack-efficiency, and the level of my scrubbiness of play isn't exactly in the spirit of "pushing the limits" of the thread, I won't be hurt/surprised if you give this a pass on adding it to the tables. I also had to resort to a different timer (from an old MFO) and a spreadsheet since the long run-times caused issues with silospen's runtimer. Mostly, I just thought you really good runners might be amused/enheartened to have some sort of "baseline" entry level runner values to compare your super results to. :)

Last edited:
Gogogogogogo FoE! Also hi Espr!

SC Trapper assassin
Runs: 20
Average time: 2:18.747
Items I collected: small and grand charms, jewels, rare rings, useful uniques (Tyrael!)

Equipment and build:
Shako (Cham)
Enigma
Hoto
Spirit
Mara's
Arachnid Mesh
Magefist gloves
Sandstorm Trek
2x SoJ

Switch: CtA, Spirit

Inventory: 7x trap skillers, SC's with lite and fire resists and life/mana, GC with life/mana, cube

Merc: Infinity, Fortitude, Vampire Gaze (ias)

Skills:
1 Mindblast
1 Burst of Speed
20 Fireblast
20 Lite Sentry and all synergies

SC WW barb
Category: p3 Travincal
Item Find: 56%
MF: 172
Average time: 31.079
Units skipped: 2
CAT: 18.144
Gems: yes

Collected: Grand and small charms, jewels, rare rings, rare circlets, rare greater talons, rare matriarchal/maiden/ceremonial javelins, useful uniques, flawless gems

Equipment and build:
Arreat (Ptopaz)
Enigma
Grief/Grief eth Zerkers
Arachnid Mesh
Highlord's Wrath
Laying of Hands
Gore Riders
2 rare rings:
Code:
Plague Master
Ring
Required Level: 48
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 96
Fingerprint: 0x70992165
Fire Resist +15%
Lightning Resist +9%
Cold Resist +9%
Poison Resist +9%
4% Life stolen per hit
5% Mana stolen per hit
8% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
10% Faster Cast Rate

Death Master
Ring
Required Level: 65
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0xc8a64441
+28 to Life
+119 to Attack Rating
Fire Resist +27%
7% Life stolen per hit
Half Freeze Duration

Switch: dual hoto

Inventory:
40 MF Gheed, 38 life 29CR GC, 21max 72AR GC, 22max 50AR GC, 34 life 58 mana GC
2x 4max 9CR SC, 4max 9lr SC, 7mf 19ar 3max SC, 20life 34 AR SC
5x4 free inventory space to pick stuff

Skills:
20 Find Item
20 Battle Orders
1 Battle Command
20 Axe Mastery
1 Inc. Speed
6 Natural Resistance
20 Whirlwind
5 Berserk
1 Double Swing

Stats:
Strength: 142
Dexterity: 207
Vitality: 191

Invested points to aim for 2.5k hp and 7K AR Whirlwind

Merc:
eth Reaper's Tool (Shael)
Upped 70@ Kira's (15 ias 28 FR jewel)
Upped eth Guardian Angel (15 ias 24 FR jewel)

I would like to comment few things in this build. On p3 it requires 169 MF to have highest possible chance to get rare ring. That's why I use additional 7MF SC in inventory to get 172 MF to have best possible chance for rare rings. Also, it's better to have lower MF so you have better probability to get magic grand charm instead of Gheed, so I decided to go down from previous 200+ MF to this value I consider better overall. Downside is I get less unique jewels, but I can live with that. Hey, more magic and rare jewels has benefits too.

Half Freeze Duration is great mod to have for Travincal. It acts just like CBF would, but much better because you do get freezed and your ww does get slower so you can whirl longer through minions. When you kill all minions, you will most likely be affected by cold explosion freeze duration. If you happen to have physical immune boss alive, instead of going straight to Zerk him down while you are still chilled, rather start horking and picking items from the ground. Few seconds later your chilling effect will pass thanks to Half Freeze Duration so you can kill that immune boss very fast. It's like you have CBF which can be much needed against that immune boss, and you still get chilled to have slower whirling. Perfect mod to have for Travincal with just a little technique involved to use full advantage of it.

Gogogogogogo FoE!

Sadly I think I have finally come to terms with eventually having to reroll my map. Even my fastest runs aren't faster than 1:08-1:10. I think really pushing it, I would be able to manage 1:14-1:15 avg times, but that really isn't good enough. But ugh, I hate rerolling maps. And I kinda like the current because it is super easy.

SC WW barb
Category: p3 Travincal
Item Find: 56%
MF: 172
Average time: 30.660
Units skipped: 0
CAT: 17.867
Gems: yes

Picked up: Grand and small charms, rare rings, rare circlets, jewels, Eth, Ral, Tal, Pul+ runes, rare matriarchal/maiden/ceremonial javelins, useful uniques, flawless gems. Cubed 18 pgems and have 13 flawless leftovers from running.

Rolled new map. This one is possible candidate for sub 30 sec running with picking and cubing gems. I think I pick too many craps to manage to do it. We'll see when I give it another try. Also I'm still not 100% positive I figured out all maps blind spots and such. All other explanations about my equipment are in my previous post.

@ Espr

I include all results in tables. There are no such things as "good" and "bad" running in this thread. It's about improving ourselves as players, not only to set up new records, even though I know some players think this is all about #1 results in each category. They are wrong. Thread is open for everyone, no matter how slow they run. You will eventually improve yourself and will become faster and soon might compete for top positions. Thank you for posting your result, even though you think it's too bad for this thread. I assure you, there is no such thing as "too bad" result for this thread. Go ahead and give it a new try, even with new characters.

Last edited:
Ah, okies! Thanks for the clarification, and in that case I'll keep posting results, since it's this thread that inspired me to start keeping track of such things and try and make improvements in my play, rather than just MFing more-or-less casually.

I found an error in my spread sheet (it was using the wrong MF value to calculate adjeff), but it has since been fixed both there and in my previous post.

I did some pindle runs since I wanted to play my fishyzon, but she's been having trouble finding a good WSK map. I did some runs at p7, but she died a time or two, so I decided to run on p1. p7 added maybe 2-5s per run depending on lightning immunities, but were considerably more dangerous particularly as without teleport my merc ended up lagging way behind and being generally useless. Decoy wasn't quite enough on its own just yet. Some more levels will probably make the biggest difference there.

In any case, the results:

SC LF/FA Amazon
Category: p1 Pindle
Runs: 200
MF: 244 (123 eMF)
Average Time: 25.096s
Skipped: 0
CAT: = to average time?
Adjeff: 5.63 fabians
Build: thread , with some minor modifications to charms.
Picking up: all sets/uniques, rare jewelry, boots, gloves, some helms, some gems, and runes/jewels.

Definitely some room for improvement. Aside from gear and whatnot, the biggest thing I identified as an area to work on is inventory management. Namely, getting better at tossing items into the cube while moving, getting faster at stashing things, and stop visiting Cain. That said, I don't know if I should just offload identifying anything until mule time, or start carrying around a tome. Probably the former as I'm not always the greatest/fastest at appraising rares.

I noticed a fair improvement just overall in doing these 200 runs just learning (and putting into practice) some minor things (like don't get stuck on the stairs >.<). I could probably do some more optimization with charms as well to get some more MF/FRW since I don't really need a lot of the defensive affixes she normally runs with.

Something which was more noticeable (and frustrating) with a much faster target was an error I sometimes get when save and exiting (unhandled exception crash), but it resulted in a fairly minor amount of padding to the time given that silospen's timer has a pause button. Less manageable, and I think unique to pindle for me so far, is sometimes the save and exiting process will randomly take as much as 2-3 times longer than usual, sometimes at least as long as it takes to run through town. Not really sure what can be done about that. Maybe move the save dir to an SSD USB stick? The whole game?

Regardless, that was pretty fun. It's something that's much easier for me to do in zombie-mode compared to pits where things require significantly more attention, which can be pretty key for those insomnia-type-of-nights!

Edit: Dusted off the old blizzwaller!

SC Blizzwall Sorceress
Category: p1 Pindle
Runs: 201
MF: 414 (155 eMF rounding down)
Average Time: 22.39s
Skipped: 0
CAT: = to average time?
Adjeff: 4.39 fabians
Blizzard Dmg: 2772-2931
Firewall Dmg: 4147-4196

Build: 20 blizzard, 20 Ice Blast, 20 Firewall, 10 Glacial Spike 7/8 CM, 1 point wonders, rest into ice bolt.
Picking up: all sets/uniques, rare jewelry, boots, gloves, some helms, some gems, and runes/jewels.

The small drop in FRW is made up for by teleport, although the bigger difference in time was the fact that I could fiddle with the inventory occasionally when needed while still killing things thanks to blizzard's timered nature. I did a handful of p7 runs as well, and this char handled them more safely than the LF/FA zon, but I decided to do this set first in order to have something to compare the p7 results to to determine if the XP and extra minion drops are worth it for the blizzwaller. Since I've now completed anya's quest at long lost on this character, I could potentially respec "back" to pure blizzard, but on p1 firewall killed basically as well as blizzard. The main slow down coming from the delay in recognizing the CI status than the skill. I imagine it's a different story on higher player levels, but we shall see.

Last edited:
Those efficiencies are wrong - but in a good way :)

From first post:
For Pindle, we have seconds per killed Pindle. That number will be displayed with CAT. Efficiency for Pindle you get if you divide CAT by 2.

You then calculate adjeff from that number.

So I divide the average time by 2 to determine the efficiency? To satiate my curiosity, why is that? Because he's a Super Unique?

It's hopefully correct now, in any case. :)

Yes. I believe it's because he drops two items per kill, but I never ran pindle :)

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High