SPF Hall Of Records

Sure you can do more than 100 runs. I reported results from 1000+ runs under 200 Pindle runs category for myself. Do whatever pleases you, but 100 runs is a minimum you should do. Now do you want to do 150 or 300 or 500 is up to you, but you will be treated the same as someone who did only 100 runs. Even if you wanna do more Meph runs, you can still do blocks of 100 runs, so instead of having single result for thread, you will have more of them possibly beating your record.

Cool, thanks. I've already done another 100 runs (101 actually since I forgot to stop haha), but I find I am able to do better with more.

Random question about Death's Fathom: When you equip it, is the damage reflected in your skill tree or where you choose your skill hotkeys (or I guess the lying character screen)?

+%coldskill damage should be displayed properly in the LCS, dunno about skill tree, as I haven't had a character with +%coldskill damage items in a while

Category: Mephisto
Average time: 25.644
Magic Find: 470
Adjusted Efficiency: Unknown
Collected: useful uniques
Notable Finds: Ethereal Titan's Revenge (I may have to make a javazon now), Skullder's Ire, 28% Mara's, Guardian Angel, Shadow Killer, Jade Talon, Gheed's (already had one so couldn't pick it up - left it to keep time decent :D)

[highlight]Equipment[/highlight]
1.13 Shako with Perfect Topaz
Enigma
Heart of the Oak
Arachnid Mesh
37% Chance Guards
50% War Traveler
Mara's
30% Nagelring
Rare ring (could probably find something better in my stash but whatever):
Code:
Havoc Knot 
Ring 
Required Level: 47 
Fingerprint: 0x8ae498c7 
Item Level: 82 
Version: Expansion 1.10+ 
+10% Faster Cast Rate 
+14 to Strength 
Cold Resist +25% 
Lightning Resist +8% 
Fire Resist +10%

[highlight]Switch[/highlight]
Call to Arms
Spirit Shield

[highlight]Inventory[/highlight]
39% Gheeds, 2x cold skills grand charms, 15x 7% magic find small charms, 8x 6% magic find small charms, 4x2 space open for drops.

[highlight]Mercenary[/highlight]
Ethereal Infinity Thresher
Vampire Gaze
Upped Duriel's Shell

[highlight]Notes[/highlight]
Went for a more damage-heavy build this time. I made a bunch of mistakes so I think my times could be even better. I wonder if it's actually more efficient this way in the long run. 110% less magic find but 2.228 seconds faster. I have a few other equipment changes I wouldn't mind testing out.

My fastest individual run was 20.766 seconds.

Average time: 25.206
Magic Find: 537
Notable Finds: Stormshield, Ali Baba, Vipermagi (crappy roll), Marrowwalk, Cerebrus' Bite

Skullder's Ire (Ist)
Heart of the Oak
Arachnid Mesh
37% Chance Guards
50% War Traveler
Mara's
30% Nagelring
Rare ring (only one I have with faster cast rate and magic find):
Code:
Beast Loop 
Ring 
Required Level: 9 
Fingerprint: 0x9fb7a0f1 
Item Level: 80 
+10% Faster Cast Rate 
+30 to Attack Rating 
+1 to Mana after each Kill 
7% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Call to Arms
Spirit Shield

39% Gheeds, 2x cold skills grand charms, 15x 7% magic find small charms, 10x 6% magic find small charms, 3x2 space open for drops.

Vampire Gaze
Upped Duriel's Shell

Swapped out some equipment for some more magic find. Decided to go with a smaller inventory space since there's nothing I'm really looking for that will take up a 4x2 space. Messed up near the end (as usual). I know I can get it under 25 seconds. I haven't mastered the character screen teleporting thing yet, but I think with practice I can do it better.

My fastest individual run was 21.387 seconds.

I thought I posted it before, but I like the link to equipment and build setup, and love the tables you've made. :thumbup: Very nice work!

@ Darkthrone

You are definitely improving. Your adjeff is 9.336.

What you can try next is this:
Mara's is fine amulet, but do you have something better like 2 sorc skills + mf or 1 sorc + mf amulet or 2cold + mf etc? If it has 10 fcr, it's great, if not, doesn't matter.
You can replace Hoto with Oculus.
If amulet don't have fcr, then you replace fcr ring for best Nagel and Chance guards for Magefist.

Depending on the amulet, you will end up with ~35 more magic find with Mara's or even more if you have better amulet. You don't even need to socket Oculus for that. Isted Oculus would bring you to ~65 more mf, but don't know will you use Oculus ever again to be worth Isting.

Next is strategy of running. I don't know do you go to Cain to identify items then drop in stash after, but here is faster way if you do: don't waste time on identifying items. Just go to stash and drop them there unidentified. It will save you some time and you can see rolls and everything in Atma/gomule anyway. Actually since you have 3x2 space for drops, you can just telekinesis to stash and drop items there. I must go to stash since I use cube.

@ Drystan

I'm happy for it. It would be even better if more people will participate in the future. For now there are only 7 people who posted results in here.

SC Fireball sorc
Category: Andariel p3+
Players settings: players 5
MF: 644
Average time: 27.276
Adjusted efficiency: 9.741
Fireball damage: 8600-9450

Not that bad overall. Most important part when running Andy is good map. I did running on a average-good map where I need total of 18-20 teleports to get to Andy. Such map is not hard to roll. Any better will take some time rolling and I don't think many people would bother. For farming essences you don't need mega map. For those who wish to kill Andy many times they might roll better map. Here I decided to go mf route with fireball sorc and she works well. There are some immunities around Andy so sometimes they block your fireball meaning you have to reposition yourself or rely on that last meteor blow to kill Andy. It's not non-dangerous to run Andy like that. I did use total of ~ 15 full rejuvs in 100 runs done, however I did take more direct approach to get next to Andy to spam resulting in me taking damage as well.

For essence farming, I would go damage route so that might be the next one to test it out. Now it took ~10-12 fireballs to kill Andy, damage route would take 6. But still it won't be much difference in average time since most of it comes from teleporting to Andy and save/load time which is very long, over 6 sec long when running Andy. But since I farmed many essences, it was well worth it. Another 100 runs would supply me with enough essences for months.

Equipment:
Shako (Ist)
Skulder's (Ist)
Hoto
35 fcr Spirit
3 fire skills 30 mf amulet
Arachnid Mesh
Chance Guards 40mf
10 fcr 15 mf ring
30 mf Nagelring
48 mf War Traveler

Inventory: 40 mf Gheed, 2x2 space to fast pick craps, rest mf charms.

Merc:
Infinity
Shaftstop
Kira's (15 ias)

Basically Infinity is important, everything else is optional since merc is doing nothing but providing aura. Make sure that merc survives. I didn't see merc hp drop at all, barely here and there.

SC Fireball sorc
Category: Andy p3+
Players settings: players 5
MF: 399
Average time: 25.188
Adjusted efficiency: 9.956
Fireball damage: 17100-18500

Same map as mf variant above. Obviously for magic find purposes, those two sorcs are very much alike. Mf variant has a little bit more trouble with Andy and creeps around, but is more efficient overall. Damage variant is very relaxing and extremely fast Andy killer and almost as efficient as mf variant.

Conclusion is, whatever you do with your firesorc, she will be great Andy runner. However, I recommend damage variant because it's really easier and more relaxing (even though I don't know why would anyone want to run Andy at all, even for super poor players, except to farm essences). Mf variant sometimes takes too long to kill Andy, so you must reposition to spam her avoiding creeps and so on. That doesn't happen with damage variant. You just go on top of Andy and strike her down immediately. No creep interruptions, unless bosspack spawns at Andy place which can be annoying.
Only thing left to do is to roll some really good map with less teleports to get to Andy to see how fast can you run her.

Total of 42 essences farmed in those 200 runs. Also eth Oculus is a nice prize.

Equipment:
Shako (Ist)
Skulder's (Ist)
Hoto
35 fcr Spirit
2 fire 30 mf amulet
Arachnid Mesh
Magefist gloves
War Traveler 48mf
2x beta BKWB

Inventory: Gheed 40mf, 7 fire skillers, 3x2 space to fast-pick items, rest mf small charms.

Merc:
Infinity
Kira's (15 ias)
Shaftstop

I could go for more damage, but it doesn't make any sense. You would eventually kill Andariel in 1 fireball less, but overall efficiency will be worse. With this build you kill her very fast, anyway most of running time goes on how well you teleport to her. Actually, I'm positive you can remove 2 skillers to get more mf if you want to to achieve better efficiency. Most important part is to kill Andy before creeps get in the way, and your average time will be fantastic.

Last edited:
If I was not too lazy to figure out playing on my new laptop, I would totally set best HC pit efficiency.

Actually might fire up the old one if i get bored later, but loading times/lag is bad. Laptop is seriously dying.

SC Fireball sorc
Category: Andariel p3+
Player settings: players 5
MF: 399
Average time: 20.348
Adjusted efficiency: 8.043
Fireball damage: 17100-18500

This time I did roll very nice map. Total of 10 teleports to get to Andy. Same strategy and everything as before.

Note that this whole Andy running thing I did is not much important. She is not really MF target, only for poor players, and even then I don't know why would anyone run her over Mephisto anyway. So, my whole running was about farming essences since Andy is target for that. To get realistic result for someone who will actually run Andy for magic finding, we must act like poor players with no skill rings, probably no skillers, no Shako and definitely no Infinity. Then again, who runs Andy for magic finding lol...

With that, my Andy session is over. I don't wanna bother going sub 20 sec runs, who cares anyway.

Gear is listed in my last post.

Average time: 25.104
Magic Find: 583
Notable Finds: Stone of Jordan (my first one :D), 4/3 cold facet, Kira's Guardian, Skullder's Ire

Skullder's Ire (Ist)
Heart of the Oak
Arachnid Mesh
37% Chance Guards
50% War Traveler
30% Nagelring
28% Nagelring
Rare amulet (I forgot I had this):
Code:
Eagle Torc 
Amulet 
Required Level: 15 
Fingerprint: 0xf6a9bf05 
+1 to Cold Skills (Sorceress Only) 
+10% Faster Cast Rate 
All Resistances +11 
25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Call to Arms
Spirit Shield

39% Gheeds, 2x cold skills grand charms, 15x 7% magic find small charms, 10x 6% magic find small charms, 3x2 space open for drops.

Vampire Gaze
Upped Duriel's Shell

Small improvement in average speed, but still unable to get under 25 seconds. Most of the runs were without the character screen teleport trick. It works really well but I keep messing it up so I went without out for most of the runs. Towards the end I had about 25 runs of some pretty decent times. I might take a break from this category for now. Don't know yet. Wouldn't mind trying out the Oculus change (thanks Gripphon for the tips), but I've started to hate the item. Meh, worth a try I guess (and I don't mind burning an Ist in it either). I had to respec since I was depending on the Mara's to hold Spirit. Took some getting used to with the shortened distance of Static.

One annoying thing I noticed about Mephisto is in a couple runs he'd be fighting my mercenary but then spontaneously just start walking away, like he had to answer an important phone call or something. "Excuse me, I just need to get this" No really you don't. You need to die. Now.

My fastest individual run was 21.816 seconds.

Decided to respec zerker to singer to see what he can do. Well, he can do.

SC singer barb
Category: Pit p1
MF: 607
Item Find: 56%
Bosspacks: 397 (7.94 per run)
Average time: 1:01.500
Efficiency: 4.965 sec/bosspack
Adjusted efficiency: 1.792 fabians
War Cry damage: 1090-1128

I went for 3k life, but it seems it's too much. I literally used 2 potions in 50 runs, so I can as well go for lower life and more mana. Mana is 1280 now. I'm quite surprised how well singer can perform. Runs are relaxed, no danger at all and you can stay at this efficiency for a long time. I mean, there is not much you do with singer, no weapon switch, nothing. Just tele + spam. I wanted to go higher damage, but next time I'll probably go with more mf next time. It's not like there is any difference between 1100 and 1000 damage.

Equipment + build:
Shako (Ist)
Enigma
Wizardspike (Ist)
IstIstIstIstIstIst crystal sword
1 barb 16 fcr random crap amulet
Arachnid Mesh
Magefist gauntlets
2x beta BKWB
War Traveler 48mf

Inventory: 40mf Gheed, 4x Sounding skillers, cube, rest small charms with mf

Merc: Insight, CoH, Kira's Guardian (ias)

Skill placement:
1 Natural Resistance
1 Increased Speed
18 Find Item
1 Battle Command
13 Battle Orders
20 War Cry
20 Battle Cry
20 Howl
6 Taunt

HC lvl 93 singer barb
Category: Pits p1
MF: 640
Hork: 56%
Runs done: 50
Average time: 1:24.3
Bosspacks: 402 (8.04 per run)
Efficiency: 6.72 sec/bosspack
Adjusted efficiency: 2.409 fabians
War Cry damage: 918-951

Definitely plenty of room for improvement. Most deal breaking one is definitely getting D2 installed on my new laptop. As far as I could estimate just exiting takes between 4-8 seconds every game (varies a lot), loading times are slow and I experience occasional lag. After that comes play. Run times are still inconsistent at best (as is my focus), and I do have a lot of fail teleports, etc. Next number I report will be done on my new laptop - and probably with a mouse as well. Since there is no right click on the mac trackpad, I think it’s time. I’m pretty happy with my map - boss count is good and I am positive that sub 1:15 avg times are reachable, possibly 1:10. I despise rolling maps with all of my heart, so not only do I not want to roll for a better one, I also think I would rage quit in the process.

One minor annoyance is that I am pretty sure my merc gets >50% of the kills, but since there is no practical way to verify that, there is no way to actually adjust for the MF he has.

Character:
Gear:
Shako (Ptopaz)
Enigma MP
Wizzy (Ist)
6*Ist Crystal Sword
Arachnid Mesh
Chance Guards
War Travelers
2 barb/15% fcr/25 hp/19 mana/10% mana regen/22 MF ammy
2*random crap fcr/mf rings

Inventory:
Gheed’s
6*Skillers, a couple lifers
Random res/mana/plain SCs of good luck
Cube

Merc:
Insight in 1.07 GPA
Andy’s Visage (Ptopaz)
Treachery

As for mana/dmg discussion: since I am HC and build this char with the specific purpose of being a capable MFer that I would not be able to kill no matter how drunk/stupid/bad I am, I focus a lot on hp. I currently have 5055 life (overkill, but awesome) and 738 mana. I don’t mind drinking the occasional pot when I run into mana burn. I went from 1300 to my current damage and noticed pretty much zero difference.

Last edited:
Average time: 24.995
Magic Find: 643
Collected: unique jewerly and dusk shrouds
Notable Finds: Nature's Peace, Wisp Projector, 2 Ormus' Robes (not really useful rolls)

Skullder's Ire (Ist)
The Oculus (Ist)
Arachnid Mesh
37% Chance Guards
50% War Traveler
30% Nagelring
Rare ring and amulet
Code:
Beast Loop 
Ring 
Required Level: 9 
Fingerprint: 0x9fb7a0f1 
+10% Faster Cast Rate 
+30 to Attack Rating 
+1 to Mana after each Kill 
7% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Eagle Torc 
Amulet 
Required Level: 15 
Fingerprint: 0xf6a9bf05 
+1 to Cold Skills (Sorceress Only) 
+10% Faster Cast Rate 
All Resistances +11 
25% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Call to Arms
Spirit Shield

Vampire Gaze
Upped Duriel's Shell

I did it. I frackin' did it. The first 50 runs I was doing great. I had it at 24.700 even, but then the next ~70 runs I was doing terrible. I don't know what happened, but I kept screwing up my weapon switching when casting Battle Orders. I had to stop and do something else for a few minutes because it was starting to get really frustrating. I found myself trying to come back from a 25.500 "deficit" in the last 70 runs or so. I had it back down to about 24.980, but then screwed up on runs 193 and 194, which put me back to 25.040. Not going to lie, my heart was pounding. I played like mad and after the last run I saw the 24.995 and nearly jumped for joy. I know I can do better, but I am done with Mephisto for now. I accomplished my goal. Maybe I'll come back with a completely different character and an off the wall build or something, but for now, I'm not running him anymore with a sorceress.

My fastest individual run was 21.645 seconds.

I don't understand at all how you can run that efficiently on Pit without a mouse. >_> That's more or less the same number of fabians I got while testing my [throw]barb last week... ugh.

Also, 24.995 is really cute time. :p Nice job there!

But throwbarb.. Why? Just to prove that any barb is OP? :p

He is true barb fanboy, doh. Unlike you posers :badteeth:

You can add this not to make it spam post. It's 1:51 no matter what youtube says. 1:47 if we don't count load times /shifts blame on CroPCs.

Hmm, I wrote thread about this couple months ago but can't find it really.. Perhaps someone will fetch it but I think it was 20/24 griffon's, HLW, Thunderstroke, enigma +20/-20 shield, 3/20 gloves, Razortail, RF, 10fcr/36 mpk ring and Aldur's for 40 FRW. Spirit/cta switch for 70 fcr teleporting, 55IAS on main and inventory with 10 skillers (for beating record I went all out dmg, but build is capable of doing 2:10 - 2:20 avg run times without any problems). Beta Delirium/CoH/Infinity merc. Just stack max -elr you can to get crazy dmg.

Totally doable if you have good map, get lucky on throne room spawn and manage to interrupt wave 3 hydras by placing LF right beneath them as they land. Took me ~30 tries and most of the runs were canceled when I had messy throne room or something stopped me while teleporting.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High