SPF Hall Of Records

Tables updated.

@ Darkthrone
Well done on that sub 25 Meph time. You kept improving and you have done it.

@ FoE
First of all, that is quite good efficiency for HC, and even more impressive for touchpad. You are definitely champion of touchpad category! Can't wait till you finally get that mouse to show the world what is real singer made of. With mouse I predict you will hit sub 5.5 sec/bosspack efficiency in next 50 runs you do for this thread. And then sub 5!

Also, definitely wanna see efficiency for that throwbarb. I know why Nagi plays throwbarb. He knows he can't beat his AT sorc efficiency with that barb, so after he posts results he will conclude that sorc>barb. Quite easy to see intention, but unfortunately for him he will probably hit sub 1.5 fabians.

I'll do something about these tables. There are several names of the same player playing with same build. I put that there since players are listing equipment and say something about running so everyone can read. I'll probably add secondary tables where all reported runs will be listed and have primary tables to list just the best result for one player with certain build. I feel sorry not to list them all somehow, so that might work I would say.

SC singer barb
Category: Pit p1
MF: 607
Item Find: 56%
Bosspacks: 408 (8.16 per run)
Average time: 1:02.480
Efficiency: 4.908 sec/bosspack
Adjusted efficiency: 1.772 fabians
War Cry damage: 1002-1038

This time it wont be easy to beat this efficiency. I was sub 4.9 in first 40 runs, but last 10 were a bit ugly with holy freeze stone skin bosses and such. It is possible to get better efficiency, but will probably take several tries, if I make it that is. Map was really helping this time spawning with a lot of bosspacks, who knows when will that happen again. I respeced singer and now I went for 2800 life and got 1500 mana. This is first time I ran with so much mana, overkill it is. One thing is for sure, to beat my efficiency, I must go for higher magic find breakpoint so that I don't need to go sub 4.9 sec/bosspack to do it.

Shako (Ist)
Enigma
Wizardspike (Ist)
IstIstIstIstIstIst crystal sword
1 barb 16 fcr random crap amulet
Arachnid Mesh
Magefist gauntlets
beta BKWB
SoJ
War Traveler 48mf

Inventory: 40mf Gheed, 4x Sounding skillers, cube, rest small charms with mf

Merc: Insight, CoH, Kira's Guardian (ias)

Skill placement:
1 Natural Resistance
1 Increased Speed
19 Find Item
1 Battle Command
15 Battle Orders
20 War Cry
20 Battle Cry
20 Howl
3 Taunt

SC Berserk/Concentrate barbarian
Category: WSK (p1)
MF: 425/455
Item Find: 54%
Bosspacks: 546 (10.92 per run)
Average time: 1:47.390
Efficiency: 6.386 sec/bosspack
Adjusted efficiency: 2.471 fabians

Equipment and build:
Shako (Cham)
Enigma
Grief PB
Stormshield (Ist)
Amulet:
Code:
Storm Scarab
Amulet
Required Level: 89
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 95
Fingerprint: 0xa2d5813f
+94 to Mana
Regenerate Mana 9%
Lightning Resist +36%
+2 to Barbarian Skill Levels
8% Faster Cast Rate
8% Chance to cast Level 3 Chain Lightning on attack
Thundergod's Vigor
Laying of Hands
War Traveler 48mf
2x rare rings:
Code:
Stone Eye
Ring
Required Level: 60
Item Level: 85
Fingerprint: 0xb4a1030d
+37 to Life
Fire Resist +5%
Lightning Resist +33%
Cold Resist +5%
Poison Resist +5%
6% Life stolen per hit
2% Mana stolen per hit
10% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Skull Band
Ring
Required Level: 69
Item Level: 93
Fingerprint: 0x5dd7a18d
+17 to Strength
+16 to Life
+18 to Maximum Stamina
9% Life stolen per hit
14% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Switch: 2x Suicide Branch (Ist)

Inventory: life/mana GC, life/mana SC, 2x GC with life/poison res, few poison res SC's, 40% Gheed, rest mf SC's

Merc: Insight, CoH, Kira's (ias)

Skills:
20 Sword Master
1 Increased Speed
6 Natural Resistance
18 Find Item
20 Howl
1 Battle Command and BO
1 War Cry
14 Berserk
14 Concentrate

I know this looks like some kind of weird build, but it works great. This barb has: 3k hp on Stormshield switch, max block, 50% damage reduction, 85% lightning resist with 20 absorb on top of it, 75% poison resist, high fire and cold resist. On p1 he is quite safe there. Only thing that can really hurt you are those snakes that have charge if you are amplified when you teleport, and some random champion pack of Frenzytaurs. The rest is piece of cake because you have plenty of time to either Howl or switch to Stormshield.

Strategy is the same as for any berserk barb, even though this is not pure berserker. You need Concentrate for those magic immune mummies or whatever they are, unless you want to skip them which will hurt your efficiency. Also since I have quite good lifeleech on build, I used Concentrate in some tough situations to get back life while attacking. Those situations are rare, but it worked good. Berserk causes you to have 0 defense which can be downside if you are surrounded with Frenzytaurs or something. Well you can tele away and reposition, but sometimes it's just faster to leech, especially if random gloams and "birds" are shooting at you from a far away.

War Cry is very useful one pointer. How many times I had 2 pack in one place, so I just Howl, tele'd in, one War Cry and killed bosses while minions were stunned. Also great for tough situations, and especially useful for Frenzytaur packs. You literally neutralize those beasts, and boss alone is easy prey to kill. Pretty useful one pointer that makes your build even more safe.

When looking for map, make sure to have well to save you some time with drinking pots. One big problem with WSK maps are bosspacks and champion packs. For several creeps it's almost impossible to notice is that bosspack or regular pack. Their bosses and champions almost don't change color at all. Creeps that are very hard to notice as bosspack include gloams, those small wildmens who spawn in millions and those blue flying creeps. I had to scroll over them to see are they minions, champions or regular creeps. Not to mention if they run away, it's so annoying and hard to track them down. All this takes a lot of time. Knowing where bosspacks spawn is the key here to prevent loosing time. Unlike Pit or AT, here you must know where bosspacks are, you won't be able to do the running using sight. Well, I can't, probably someone doesn't have problems recognizing mentioned bosspacks.

great videos, the ancient tunnels one will help me, learned a lot just watching!

is it possible to have nice amazon running baal without the enigma? don't like amazons teleporting. what is expected time for it if the map is nice?

SC Concentrate barbarian
Category: AT
MF: 584/614
Item Find: 55%
Bosspacks: 555
Average time: 43.828
Efficiency: 5.095 sec/bosspack
Adjusted efficiency: 1.848 fabians

Overall not bad. I tried to get efficiency below 5, managed it for ~40 runs, then I started to get worse then. Luckily I'm not far from it, perhaps it's possible goal for next try. Also tried out some strange approach to this Concentrate build. Howl seemed great so maxed it, but knockback aura from Azurewrath does basically the same thing, except for single monster in there. I can go for more Concentrate damage to speed up killing process. Also I noticed that aura of Azurewrath applies only when it knockbacks monster, meaning physical immune monster will be immune to physical until knockback happens. That did slow me down a little because when I howled + switch to Azur, that takes more time than just switching to Azur right away. But at least I kept pretty safe not drinking pots like mad saving time in that aspect. I need more lightning resist for the next time, some random lightning enhanced monster can do a lot of damage to me.

Equipment + build:
Shako (Cham)
Enigma
Grief PB
Azurewrath (Ist)
Amulet: 2 barb 10 fcr 14 mf
Goldwrap
Chance Guards 40mf
War Traveler 48mf
Rare ring 12mf 7ll 18 poison res 99 ar
Rare ring 15mf 8ll 27lite ress 99ar

Switch: 2x Suicide Branch (Ist)

Merc: Insight, CoH, Kira's

Skills:
20 Sword Mastery
1 Inc. Speed
1 Natural Resistance
20 Concentrate
1 Berserk
20 Find Item
20 Howl
1 Battle Command
14 Battle Orders

Max howl. Whyyyy?

SC Sorceress... that teleports fast?
Category: Lower Kurast [no gems]
Average time: 20.259
Chests Skipped: 1
Corrected Average Time: 20.276
Collected: Um+

[highlight]Equipment[/highlight]
Rare circlet (20% faster cast rate, all resistances +14%, other mods - Shael)
Vipermagi (32% - Shael)
Suicide Branch
Spirit Shield (35%)
Arachnid Mesh
Magefist
Crafted caster boots (30% faster run/walk, mana, resists)
Rare jewelry
Code:
Wraith Collar 
Amulet 
Required Level: 51 
Fingerprint: 0x1730e1d 
Item Level: 82 
Version: Expansion 1.10+ 
+1 to Curses (Necromancer only) 
+10% Faster Cast Rate 
+8 to Minimum Damage 
+15 to Dexterity 
All Resistances +11 
Lightning Resist +12%

Death Turn 
Ring 
Required Level: 60 
Fingerprint: 0x46ede3aa 
+10% Faster Cast Rate 
+19 to Attack Rating 
+36 to Life 
Cold Resist +6% 
Fire Resist +15% 
Damage Reduced by 1

Havoc Knot 
Ring 
Required Level: 47 
Fingerprint: 0x8ae498c7 
+10% Faster Cast Rate 
+14 to Strength 
Cold Resist +25% 
Lightning Resist +8% 
Fire Resist +10%

[highlight]Switch[/highlight]
Didn't bother.

[highlight]Inventory[/highlight]
3x 12% faster hit recover grand charms, 3x 5% faster hit recovery small charms, a lot of keys.

[highlight]Mercenary[/highlight]
Insight Thresher
Crown of Thieves
Upped Duriel's Shell

[highlight]Notes[/highlight]
I actually had to respec her because I was running out of mana, even with Insight. Pumped a bunch of points into teleport so she could do the runs without having to worry about refilling her globe. I didn't pick up much. Saw a few Io runes that I grabbed just in case they were Lo. They weren't. A few near death experiences, but I had a belt full of full rejuvenation potions. I love my map, which is why I created another sorceress so I would never lose this one. It was pretty intense. My shoulder is kinda sore.

I'm surprised at my fastest individual run. My previous record that I know of was 18.068 seconds. Then I hit 18.003, then 17.869, then 17.655. Don't know if I'll be able to beat that. My longest run was about 36 seconds, which was on the run that I skipped my one chest. Just couldn't get the boss pack away from it. Plus he was extra fast with Might aura, so didn't want to dance with death too long. After chugging three potions I decided to bug out.

I could probably get my average below 20 seconds but I feel that was fast enough. For now, anyway.

SC Javazon
Category: p7/8 Pindle
Average time: 20.313
MF: 387

Equipment:
Griffon's '15ias/6mf' jool
Highlord's
Enigma
Titan's
Monarch 'IstIstIstIst'
Rare gloves 2/20 20mf ++
1.07 mpk ring
Raven Frost
Thundergod's
War Trav's
Switch: CtA/spirit

Inventory:
7 skillers
Gheed's
Cube
Rest 7mf scs

Merc:
Andy's
Treachery
Infinity

Meh, I could've gone below 20s. Messed up few runs in the end. Otherwise, it was really easy going, even relaxing category to play with java. Fastest individual run was 16.7~ Noticed that particular run the exit lag wasn't that bad. Most of the time it was horrible long imo. Don't know if it's always like that with my Pindle runs. I'll clear map, let's see if it gets any better.

Also quite a few other twinks I could do... I need to roll one mpk/fcr ring in 1.07, it'll get me a one break point faster tele. I'll also try and swap Razortail for belt, might be worth it. I've also better Gripphon's waiting for socket quest. Considering to carry other pair of Titan's in cube, I needed to repair a few times, won't save a lot time though. I also casted both BO and BC, casting BC was maybe unnecessary. Anything other things to improve... maybe? For example full set of Harpoonist's GCs of Inertia would be awesome!

Will do more runs, that's for sure. I'll also try to roll nice map for Baal runs. I need some Essences. Bringing this girl to P7 Pits also on to do list... :] to-do-list seems to be growing day by day. We'll see when I get to do those.

edit: yes, after few tes runs I think Razortail is better. Piercing is king. Also on these 200 runs I casted BC/BO right after entering the portal and teled three times. Seems like with I'm better running until only one teleport is needed to position me and merc. Frw is king, too. Now if I can reduce exit lag/loading times, I think I can go far better. Already had one 16,0x run :)

Last edited:
Casting BC is fine if you play HC or do longer running or if you need extra % Item Find. Otherwise you gain nothing measurable, except losing time casting it, especially at fast running target as Pindle.

Anyway, did new 100 Travincal runs with WW barb.

SC WW barb
Category: p3 Travincal
Item Find: 56%
MF: 203
Average time: 31.293
Units skipped: 0
CAT: 18.236
Gems: yes

During running I collected small and grand charms, jewels, rare rings, monarchs, useful uniques, rare circlets, rare greater talons, gems. Cubed 19 pgems with 12 flawlesses leftovers so ~23 pgems total during running. Other notable finds are Ber and ethereal Titan's Revenge.

This time I used act 4 trick. It's obviously a little faster, but also annoying because you have to work much more than when you run through town. Equipment is listed here, only change is I used 4x4 space in inventory + tome of identify.
Overall 1.5 seconds faster runs are probably not worth it. I feel much more relaxed when running through town than teleporting back to act 4 instead of s/e. Also Cain is directly on the road in act 3 which is not the case in act 4.

Max howl. Whyyyy?

I tested "properly" build Conc. barb with 1 to howl, maxed BO, maxed Concentration and rest into synergy and I can say that this howl variant is working considerably better. You do kill faster (in pure theory), but minions remain around boss and they distract you too often when you want to hork all killed bosses. Perhaps practice is needed, but even with practice I don't see how can I beat howl variant myself. Those barbs are basically the same, but one has a tiny bit more damage and other has very useful howl skill. So, with howl variant you can play the same as non-howl variant, killing speed is the same (or at least it's really really hard to see any difference since creeps die in 2-3 slashes), but you have strategic skill of howl which is invaluable in some situations. I have multiple spots with multiple spawning points on map, so when I have 3 bosspacks at one place, I find howl really great skill. Also it totally speeds up killing those non-undead creeps where you instantly isolate boss and Berserk him down (yes, they fall faster with Berserk than with Concentrate).

Overall, this barb has plenty of room to improve. He is harder to play than typical Zerker, also creeps are stronger than in Pit.

Last edited:
SC Charged Bolt Sorceress
Category: Countess
Average time: 38.044
Collected: Ko+

[highlight]Equipment[/highlight]
Shako
Ormus' Robes 15% lightning
Eschuta's Temper +1/19% lightning (wish I had a better one, oh well)
Spirit Shield (35%)
Arachnid Mesh
Magefist
Crafted caster boots (30% faster run/walk, mana, resists)
Mara's 30%
Stone of Jordan
Rare ring
Code:
Blood Master 
Ring 
Required Level: 43 
Fingerprint: 0xb1f2e004 
+30 to Life 
+40 to Mana 
Lightning Resist +6% 
Fire Resist +30%

[highlight]Switch[/highlight]
Didn't bother.

[highlight]Inventory[/highlight]
4x lightning grand charms, 2x fire grand charms, 8x +20 life small charms, 3x all resistance small charms.

[highlight]Mercenary[/highlight]
Ethereal Infinity Thresher
Vampire Gaze
Upped Shaftstop

[highlight]Notes[/highlight]
The map isn't that great. It's not the worst that I've seen, but I have had a lot better, especially when I did this. It's about 4 teleports to the tower. The first 2 floors suck, but the third isn't bad if I pull up the character screen, and the fourth floor is one teleport away, so that's fast.

I would teleport into her chamber, which at that point her pack would run at my mercenary. I would cast a couple charged bolts until the conviction aura activated, and then I'd teleport directly on top of her and one-shot her. Sometimes it would take two shots if the aura didn't reach her. My charged bolt is level 33 and does 431-456 damage.

The delay of saving and exiting is huge. About 6-8 seconds. Even if I teleport away from the animation or cast a town portal it's still just as long. Maybe if I played windowed or with no sound.

I also have 30 unused skill points because I have nothing to use them in. I put a couple into blizzard to use against the archers but I barely noticed them. I was in her chamber for maximum 4 seconds. They were absolutely a non factor. I thought about putting the points into some kind of chilling or shiver armour. I had a few near death experiences, but that's what the rejuvenation potions were for. Mana burn was a small issue, but not enough that it was a defining factor.

EDIT: forgot to update charms.

SC Trapper assassin
Category: Lister
Runs: 20
Average time: 2:22.183
Items I collected: small and grand charms, jewels, rare rings, useful uniques

Equipment and build:
Shako (Cham)
Enigma
Hoto
Spirit
Mara's
Arachnid Mesh
Magefist gloves
Sandstorm Trek
2x SoJ

Switch: CtA, Spirit

Inventory: 8x trap skillers, SC's with lite and fire resists and life/mana, cube

Merc: Infinity, Fortitude, Vampire Gaze (ias)

Skills:
1 Mindblast
1 Burst of Speed
20 Fireblast
20 Lite Sentry and all synergies, except Charged Bolt sentry which is not maxed

Very fast, very safe and overall relaxing Baal runner. Your experience is skyrocketing for time invested. I didn't drink a single potion during running, however I did feed two of them to merc.

Over the weekend i've been fiddling a bit with the runcounter and glidewrapper so i could play windowed and keep track of time. Never been a fan of playing windowed to begin with and that didn't get any better now. When playing with glidewrapper every time i clicked on a wp the mouse got lost.
Unless someone knows how to fix that i won't even be trying to set any records. :(

If you have multiple monitors you can put your run counter on another monitor and play full screen. That's what I do.

@Grip: Then how do you see when you're at 100 runs? Keeping track of it separately kinda seems to beat the point of a counter.

@Dark: At work i usually work on 2 monitors. At home i only have one. Hmm, come to think of it, i do have an old monitor of a pc i don't use anymore. I'll have to see if i can hook up both to the same pc (and have the space to place them on my desk :D). You may be onto something. Thanks. :thumbsup:

@ Cyrax
Check explanation in first post how counter is working. You can stop running and go to desktop at any time you want to check at what run you are, you don't have to do non-stop running. Counter works perfectly and you screw nothing, just make sure to read first post about how counter is working. Also counter saves your progress at any time you want which means you can do 20 runs, go to bathroom, and do other 80 to finish. For run counter it's the same as doing 100 runs without pause anyway. That doesn't beat the purpose of using counter, that's exactly why we do use counter, cause he is immune on taking breaks like that. But you can do 100 runs at once if you feel that is better. Also, how do you plan on counting bosspacks while running for 50 runs? Only way is to pause counter to write number down and continue, unless you write numbers while counter is working which means you lose time for nothing, or if you are somehow able to count bosspacks through 50/100 runs without mistake. Or have some cool method of counting I'm not aware of.

Anyway, back to business.

SC WW barb
Category: Baal
Average time: 3:11.325
HP: 3100

Equipment and build:
Guillaume's Face with 8 str, 56 AR, 9@ jewel
Enigma
Grief + Grief
Highlord's Wrath
String of Ears
Laying of Hands
Gore Rider
Raven Frost ring
rare ring with 10 fcr, dual leech and some resists

Switch: dual Wizardspike

Inventory: Max dmg charms with ar, life/ar charms, cube

Merc: Reaper's Tool (Shael), Fortitude, Kira's Guardian (ias)

Skills:
20 Axe Mastery
1 Inc. Speed
9 Nat. Resistance
20 Whirlwind
4 Berserk
1 Battle Command
20 Battle Orders
20 War Cry

I decided to try different approach with maxed War Cry. I must say skill is totally awesome. First, it prevents first wave of spreading out almost all the time. Second, you simply cast it when wave drops down and those 5 seconds you can do whatever you want. It's useful against second wave cause it prevents those mummies from reviving creeps around + they usually take longest to take down so you make sure they don't bother you with mana burn and similar stuff. Then Lister wave. Totally awesome stun effect. You absolutely have no trouble with mana burn Lister. I know I had problems with him before, was totally annoying. Now, war cry and during stun you usually kill half of Lister pack. Fanaticism Lister? Can't touch you. Simply amazing backup skill that makes your life much easier for Baal running.

Baal himself takes time to take down, close to 20 seconds usually. Sometimes less, and sometimes more. Overall, very safe Baal runner. I totally love War Cry backup skill. Anyway, it's not like you have other skill to invest points in. Ok, probably Berserk or Shout, but they are nowhere as useful as War Cry. I really recommend trying this build, you might be surprised how well it works.

I realise i can pause the counter, but i think time goes on until i alt/tab out of the game and push the button. Doesn't it? That would mean that every time i alt/tab out of the game to see number of runs i'm losing time (i know this sounds like Fabian optimising, but i can't help myself :)).

As for counting bosspacks: That's exactly why i only plan to pick area's where i don't have to count them (like LK and Baal). Maybe include something like Travi where you only count those you miss, which should be 0 since i don't skip any.

Anyhow, i'll check that monitor thingy when i get back home from work. Running will not commence straight away since i'm still stuck with my hand (slowly getting better). When it feels good enough i may try some short runs like LK in the weekend, but we'll see. I think it may be better if i stay away from the pc a little while longer.

I'm not sure how do you pause counter without alt/tabbing out of game and pushing the pause button while playing in full screen. But once you do, and when you unpause run counter to continue, he won't count next run. This means you simply go in game, s/e immediately after you enter with character then continue normal running cause counter won't count that first run. You don't lose time at all that way. Okay, maybe a tiny little when you click save and exit and before you click to select char. But you also lose time like that every single time you hit s/e, so I don't think that counts toward losing time cause then you lose time naturally and can't do anything about it.

To remove any confusion about this, I'll give you example of how run counter is working.

1. Click start on run counter. Go into game. Oh, run counter doesn't count first run done. Select character, s/e immediately. Run counter is now counting runs towards average and towards runs done. Select char again and continue running like you normally would.

2. X runs done, you have to go to bathroom, write down number of bosspacks or something similar. Alt/tab out of game after s/e, pause the counter. You see total runs done and your average running time. Fastest time is probably screwed by fast s/e, but that doesn't matter anyway, that time is of no interest for us in here. Time to continue running. Unpause counter and go into game. Counter again doesn't count first run done. Select char and s/e immediately again like you did before. Now continue running normally just like before because counter will count following runs.

3. Again time to alt/tab out of game. Pause counter. When ready to continue, unpause counter, go into game, s/e immediately first run, continue running.

4. Beware when going to atma, run counter then WILL count that first run done. In that case you must end counter and start it again. Then proceed like before, s/e first run, then continue running normally.

This way run counter is working just like you did continuous running on selected target. Only problematic areas are where saving time is usually quite long. Those targets are Pindle and Andariel. For those targets it's advisable to either run as continuously as you can, or not to skip runs like described. Otherwise you can skip your long save time like that and score a better result overall if you do that too much. Other areas I don't think are problematic in that way, at least for me they are not.

PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High