7: Crown
1: Armor 1
3: Large Shield
4: Light Gauntlets
1: Boots
3: Belt
4: Falcon mask

Any rerolls?
Okay I've thought about this. Can we reroll skill set 88, scythe, and crown please?

EDIT - Originally I wrote to reroll set 40. If that's already done, I'll live with it, but I'd rather reroll 88. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Babyhell
Thanks!

Fissure will wreck normal.
Yeah, Fissure is stupid in normal, so I'll probably do that somehow. I haven't worked out my skill setups yet, and it'll depend on the reroll, but I'm thinking fissure/grizzly as forever skills will work pretty well

Last edited:
Ok i'll reroll 88, scythe and crown.

Nice to see you have another plan ;-) this initial roll had some possibilities!

Rerolls are:
Set 23: 9,12,21 -> Armagueddon, Lycanthropy, Poison Creeper
6: War Scythe
8: Bone Helm

Will now edit the main post. Good luck!
WOOOOOO I love bone helms ^.^

Armageddon with fissure *thinking*....

Not an amazing roll, but there are some options here.

Dazliare's random Druid:

Skill sets:

884, 12, 29FissureLycanthropySpirit of barbs
239, 12, 21ArmageddonLycanthropyRaven
676, 15, 26TwisterMaulHeart of Wolverine
293, 5, 8Arctic blastCyclone armorTornado
524, 21, 30FissureRavenGrizzly
406, 15, 29TwisterMaulSpirit of barbs

Weapons:
1: 1H: 6 -> Broad sword
3: Polearms: 3 -> Scythe -> 6 -> War Scythe
3: Polearms: 4 -> Poleaxe

Armor:
7: Crown -> Bone helm
1: Armor 1
3: Large Shield
4: Light Gauntlets
1: Boots
3: Belt
4: Falcon mask

Last edited:
Okay, I think I have this worked out. It might be odd, but hear me out.

Forever - 52 - fissure/raven/grizzly. IMO Grizzly is too good through the whole game to pass up. Raven carries to level 12, fissure carries the rest of normal.
Nightmare, we add 23 and 40 - armageddon/lycanthropy/raven, twister/maul/spirit of barbs. I've never used armageddon, probably because it's lame, but with 20 in fissure, at least it'll last long enough. Twister also can stun things on top of fissure. That plus grizzly should get through nightmare okay.
Hell - 29 and 67 - arctic blast, cyclone, tornado, twister, heart of wolverine - we go all in on tornado, fully synergized minus hurricane. Almost a real windy!

Reactions: Grisu and Babyhell
Well I decided even though I missed a bit of experience in Act 1, to go single pass anyways for now. Does change how I play a bit as I can't sit and wait for a solid drop. In hindsight I should have then skipped using skill set 89 in normal and just went for my forever set, as it looks like at 18 I'll be using that until NM only.

Nothing really of note so far and I've cleared the Halls of the Dead to get my cube and the entrance was right as soon as I popped into Dry Hills. Hopefully a few decent charms with resist start to drop as this might 1 socket rare tower shield with 30%ED, 3% resist all, and 25%PoisonDurationReduction isnt going to cut it, though may drop a diamond once I cube to it (not perfect, just diamond).

Code:
   D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Skills         Location               Score
-- --- ----------        --------------       -----   -----  ------         --------               ----
   Yes Babyhell          BleedRunner          Pal     83.3   78+86+71       Guardian 10/27/21       45
   Yes Vang              Levia                Ama     82     69+9+90        Guardian 10/29/21       45
SP Yes Quackerz          Nero                 Dru     73     52+26+42       Lut Gholein H           39
SP Yes Grisu             Randomnipotent       Nec     74     33+14+34+58+83 Hell Rogue Camp         36
SP Yes aitrus            RandomDeadNecro      Nec     42     21+75          NM Lut Gholein          21
SP Yes thefranklin       RandomWayToDie       Ass     59     40+74          NM Kurast Docks        24
   Yes Vildecor          Fernando             Pal     46     96+80          NM Black Marsh          15
   Yes D4di56lu3         Deva                 Ass     48     19+06          NM Cold Plains          15
   Yes maxicek           Forley               Bar     29     42+18          Pandemonium Fortress    9
SP Yes Babyhell          VangKenstein         Sor     26     66+88          Arcane Sanctuary        3
SP Yes Vang              Trashard             Pal     22     84+89          Halls of Dead 2         3
SP Yes jstani01          mystery              Bar     6      93             Cold Plains             0
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your SOUL was swallowed by the resurrection (aka Deeds)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SP No  softlyfalling     Ansa                 Ass     75     39+12+14+58    Deeds                   36
SP Yes Jcakes            SerafinaPekkala      Ama     60     5 + 50         Deeds                   24
   Yes Vang              Multiple             Multi   58     Many           Deeds                   21
   Yes corale            Meoh                 Dru     43     65             Deeds                   15
SP Yes Dazliare          Mulgram              Bar      ?     56             Act 5                   12
   Yes Dazliare          Priscilla            Sor     25     25+72          Deeds                   9
   Yes Miron             Hartwig              Bar     29     8+75           Deeds                   6
   Yes coju              RandyTom             Bar     25      5             Deeds                   3
   Yes Sid               Brisket              Dru     8      07+52          Deeds
   Yes Jamesixgun        Devi                 Sor     7      66+78          Deeds
   Yes Sid               Bortleby             Pal     23     40             Deeds

Reactions: Grisu and Babyhell
Small update:

After act 2, act 3 felt like a walk in the park...literally. Less areas to explore and low hp enemies that died quickly to this weapon -
Screenshot004.png
- resulted in a relatively fun experience. The journey was also VERY safe thanks to combination of clay golem & decrepify. I really hoped for some improvement in equipment, especially regarding merc weapon, but instead got some trolling from the game:

Screenshot008.png

Screenshot009.png

Screenshot010.png

Things slowed down a bit in act 4 thanks to high HP and low merc damage. Izual was especially nasty and took about 15 minutes to die, at some points I was afraid that it was it (his life bar refused to move) and I will have to do the quest again on lower P setting.

With no improvement in drops, I seriously considered to complain here about rune drops - really needed an Ort rune for Lore or Zephyr - but the game immediately complied and even went as far as dropping 2 Amn runes.
The fight with Diablo was, luckily, uneventful. I was afraid of his bone cage (which usually result in death for chars without teleport or high damage) and he did used it once but I managed to escape through TP and came back via WP to avoid being trapped again. After another lengthy fight he went down.

Belketh, lvl 35, Act 5 wp2.

Reactions: Babyhell
Big update time. I've been playing my Assassin for the last couple of weeks but been way to lazy to do an actual update.

I've finished Normal and I am now about to start NM. I've not played this one as single-pass (instead multi-pass but with my own rule of no more than 10 runs of any target).

Wake of fire is an amazing skill for normal, even unsynergised.

Screenshots:
1636856324519.png
1636856344241.png

1636856365485.png

lol - Duriel
1636856393449.png
1636856407566.png

Useable

1636856429724.png
1636856446046.png

I kind of liked this zoomed in shot:
1636856482580.png
1636856506428.png
1636856527689.png

Found in Cows and Larzak'd for a spirit sword
1636856765581.png1636856781735.png

1636856922726.png

Athena, Level 50, NM Act 1, Skill Set 44 + Set 87

Totally agree on the effectiveness of WoF in normal!

For Nightmare my assassins is going the kick/death sentry route, what are your plans with available skillsets?

VangKenstein, Normal SP, p8 - part 5
Duriel down

So we left VangKenstein at her arrival to the Arcane Sanctuary waypoint.

There she found The Summoner on the last leg, which was nice due to SP journey. Better than that, runes were much awaited at that point, and finally the area dropped the needed ones, being a Ral and an Eth, to get the runewords:
HjCxOEql.png

Afterwards, it was time to clear the tombs, and runes kept coming:
TVRzv4Gl.png

And in the end, after a lot of potting and no merc res (but a couple of purples), Duriel delivered her Angelic present... now used by the merc:
SgNz6bKl.png

So she finally arrived at Kurast docks, at clvl 28.5. Frozen Orb incoming!

See you on next update!

Code:
   D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Skills         Location               Score
-- --- ----------        --------------       -----   -----  ------         --------               ----
   Yes Babyhell          BleedRunner          Pal     83.3   78+86+71       Guardian 10/27/21       45
   Yes Vang              Levia                Ama     82     69+9+90        Guardian 10/29/21       45
SP Yes Quackerz          Nero                 Dru     73     52+26+42       Lut Gholein H           39
SP Yes Grisu             Randomnipotent       Nec     74     33+14+34+58+83 Hell Rogue Camp         36
SP Yes aitrus            RandomDeadNecro      Nec     42     21+75          NM Lut Gholein          21
SP Yes thefranklin       RandomWayToDie       Ass     59     40+74          NM Kurast Docks         24
   Yes Vildecor          Fernando             Pal     46     96+80          NM Black Marsh          15
   Yes D4di56lu3         Deva                 Ass     48     19+06          NM Cold Plains          15
   Yes maxicek           Forley               Bar     29     42+18          Pandemonium Fortress    9
SP Yes Babyhell          VangKenstein         Sor     28.5   66+88          Kurast docks            6
SP Yes Vang              Trashard             Pal     22     84+89          Halls of Dead 2         3
SP Yes jstani01          mystery              Bar     6      93             Cold Plains             0
SP No  softlyfalling     Ansa                 Ass     75     39+12+14+58    Deeds                   36
SP Yes Jcakes            SerafinaPekkala      Ama     60     5 + 50         Deeds                   24
   Yes Vang              Multiple             Multi   58     Many           Deeds                   21
   Yes corale            Meoh                 Dru     43     65             Deeds                   15
SP Yes Dazliare          Mulgram              Bar      ?     56             Act 5                   12
   Yes Dazliare          Priscilla            Sor     25     25+72          Deeds                   9
   Yes Miron             Hartwig              Bar     29     8+75           Deeds                   6
   Yes coju              RandyTom             Bar     25      5             Deeds                   3

Reactions: D4di56lu3 and Miron
Finally got some more time to play Mystery, who has happily arrived at the Inner Cloister at level 18 without much trouble. Thus far he has been mercilessly hitting monsters with his axe (boosted by 17 points in Axe Mastery) until there's nothing more to hit. Things started a little slowly, including getting chased out of the Cave by a Cursed Archer boss pack, but progress picked up once he was able to gamble this guy at level 9:
Screenshot002.png

I've also crafted an always reliable bow for my mercenary, which I'm hoping will carry me through act 1:
Screenshot003.png

Eventually I was able to fill out my inventory, with this being the final addition that has turned out to be extremely useful thus far:
Screenshot008.png

Turns out a 5% to cast Frost Nova is really useful when your only option is basic attacks! Planning to take on Andariel soon, more to come!

Code:
SP Yes thefranklin       RandomWayToDie       Ass     59     40+74          NM Kurast Docks         24
SP Yes Babyhell          VangKenstein         Sor     28.5   66+88          Kurast docks            6
SP Yes jstani01          mystery              Bar     18      93             Inner Cloister             0

VangKenstein, Normal SP, p8 - part 6
Mephisto down

Summary of the journey: pot-pot-pot-pot-pot...

VangKenstein finally unlocked Frozen Orb in the flayer's jungle, RNG gifted (somehow) by a unique 2H sword. Soon after she found her first (meh) Jared's stone and a Ral.

Finally she hit a nice res amulet after clvl 31, followed by a quite usable GC for now:
OU03gw8l.png

CuULxYvl.png

She also found a Cathan's Sigil, and that was it dropwise for the remaining of the act.

Clvl 32 had been hit at Travincal, right before facing the Council:
FYFbTT4l.png

Mephisto had been kept on the other side of the river, but well the attacks hurt... needed a dozen of pots, including two emergency purples!
2Jhnwazl.png

Frozen Orb starts to deal some damage, and Teleport is so a bliss for merc repositionning. Ice blast is great for freezing, 6.8 seconds is no joke... So far so safe!

🔥 Diablo, I'm coming for you next 🔥

Code:
SP Yes Babyhell          VangKenstein         Sor     32.4   66+88          Pandemonium Fortress     9
   Yes maxicek           Forley               Bar     29     42+18          Pandemonium Fortress     9
SP Yes Vang              Trashard             Pal     22     84+89          Halls of Dead 2          3
SP Yes jstani01          mystery              Bar     18     93             Inner Cloister           0

VangKenstein, Normal SP, p8 - part 7
Diablo down

The act delivered plenty of useful runes... started with an Ort, quickly followed by a Sol:
x4rXR75l.png

And right after saying goodbye (or hello?) to Izual...
eAJlMnYl.png

...RNG was keen enough to secure another one!
8szTDKEl.png

No way not to craft a Lore helm now, before heading to the River of Flame. Forge had been a Thul, and a merc weapon upgrade had been found, socketed with a 19ed jewel:
YdVFGKZl.png

Then a 202 def eth Gothic plate upgraded his body armor slot, and it was time to shatter big D:
EviZUOEl.png

The boots had been kept as trophy:
JjLioCJl.png

And at Harrogath arrival, new light gauntlets with only 16MF have been bought, now at 59MF total. Yes, she is using crappy gear, and she is so safe...That is a roll, confirmed each session!

🔥 Hey Brother, you're last 🔥

Code:
SP Yes Babyhell          VangKenstein         Sor     35.4   66+88          Harrogath               12
   Yes maxicek           Forley               Bar     29     42+18          Pandemonium Fortress     9
SP Yes Vang              Trashard             Pal     22     84+89          Halls of Dead 2          3
SP Yes jstani01          mystery              Bar     18     93             Inner Cloister           0

Reactions: Miron
Act 5 is sooo long!

Just as a current middle update, leveling as of now is, with Act 4 ended 35.4:
First wp: 37
Frigid + Abaddon clear: close to 39
Up to Crystalline clear: 42 on Frozenstein
Up to Frozen tundra + icy cellar 44.7
Up to Nihlatak 46.1

The Halls/Pindle are the next areas, then it will be the ancients way+ancients+ last waypoint grabbing, and afterwards the last brother (and the cows). So probably three more sessions, should be done by the end of the week.

@Grisu you are mad.

Last edited:
Reactions: Miron
VangKenstein, Normal SP, p8 - part 8
Destroyer

l4HN0Jxl.png

Act 5 was a nice but long cruise, with Frozen Orb close to be maxed in the end, everything was dying smoothly, even on p8.

Dol, Shael, Amn were found, the latter finding its place into a Partizan:
G0YKXEYl.png

In-between, Anya gave a 20CFR Jared's Stone, and allowed a 27MF Greaves shop:
C1ZKkArl.png

XPing until Baal, who didn't deliver any useful upgrade:
C4W2haHl.png

And normal had been completing by killing the King, not that far from clvl 49.

Safe enough not to have any merc resurrection during the whole act.

Now it's time to respec for Nightmare. Obviously Frozen Orb will be the core with Cold Mastery and Teleport. In the end, the unused set 77 could be put in use to have Charged Bolt available to be able to deal some damage to cold immunes... nothing exceptional, but well.

Only question is: how many points in Cold Mastery are useful in Nightmare?

Edit: decided to go 66 only, with points going into Teleport to have it less costly.

See you there!

Code:
SP Yes Babyhell          VangKenstein         Sor     48     66             NM Rogue Camp           18

Last edited:
Reactions: Vang, Zyr and Miron
I mentioned previously that I really like druids, but I don't love writing updates. Kyros is level 33, in Act IV. I'll post his gear in the morning :)

Reactions: Miron and Babyhell
Still kickin and alive, Deva the DT/DS assassin with her shadow has cleared act 1 and 2 NM. You have my continued amazement, Babyhell and all other SP’ers, seeing my slow progress at whatever speed i fancy 🥴
I will give a proper update with finds and pics when I get around to actually be at the pc and not chosing to play instead 😆

Reactions: Zyr and Babyhell
Well I will have to throw an update before incoming Balancing the Finds tournament. It will be somewhere in ACT 3 NM, as VangKenstein just defeated Duriel, 60.6, still on p8 SP (almost) full clear. That fight was easier than I thought, it cost one red pot for merc oO

Fun note: next level is the last one that will allow a skillpoint to be spent (20 Frozen Orb, 20 Cold Mastery, and will be 20 Teleport). Will need some gear upgrade to deal higher damage now..!

Reactions: Vang and Zyr
Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High