Random Tournament 2021 D2R edition!

Totally agree on the effectiveness of WoF in normal!

For Nightmare my assassins is going the kick/death sentry route, what are your plans with available skillsets?
Blade Fury + Dragon Talon.

I'll have Fade, Claw Mastery, Venom, Dragon Talon and Blade Fury as the core skills I think.

I've now completed Acts 1 and 2 in NM. I took barely any screenshots so it must have been fairly uneventful :D. I rolled a 4 socket Partizan on my first try so now my Merc is using an Insight Runeword. I also changed to a Might Merc in preparation for Hell.

1638500582753.png
1638500609287.png

Lol .....
1638500636756.png
1638500660430.png
Athena, Level 58, NM Act 3, Skill Set 44 + Set 87

VangKenstein, NM SP, p8 - Acts 1-3

Act 1

After her Insight crafting after shopping in Normal and using Larzuk's quest to get the 4os, VangKenstein gambled for sash belts to unlock the additional rows. She eventually get a meh Demonhide sash, that will do until finding something better. She also found a 2os Serpentskin armor to upgrade her Stealth, and rescuing Cain was... rewardful!
kwcEZVyl.png

FCR, Mana, MF... yeehaa!

On merc side a Blood Casque has been crafted, and the Catacombs were close to deliver a big hit... sadly only set Light gauntlets. Soon after, She was dead, again:
b54dSRwl.png

See you in Hell!

Act 2
After having bought 22MF Light gauntlets, it was Radament that took ages to handle... killing mobs, with almost no shatter, and merc poking... it was really long -_-
aB6R6R1l.png

Who is the bodyguard now eh?

At some point back to sash gambling, and this time Elzix delivered a nice dual res sash, promptly upped:
ekBDlvIl.png

Now we are talking about something!

Arcane Sanctuary made us meet our first Hel rune, followed in the Tombs by the first Lum rune, 32MF Chance guards, a Mana+MF rare ring, and in the end Duriel corpse blew too easily... only one red pot for the merc, never been easier oO
mAErMy9l.png

Time to be eaten, small D.

Act 3
Great start there, with the best rune so far already in the Spider Forest:
blfphFLl.png

Lem!

Ormus' ring was no joke either, only lacking MF to her Akara's counterpart:
rWiZWMEl.png

But well there are some resistances...

The first rare amulet had been 3/4th of a troll:
jKFV19Il.png

I mean... come on!

Sewers delivered the second Lum, so armorwise we can now plan an exceptional Smoke before an elite one in Hell - merc will get an elite Treachery, nice enough! And finally after all this journey...
JqQMa7cl.png

Eeeeeeek that was a close blow!!!

Now I can tell she found some fight. A mistake of me to be that close from the last Council superunique, hopefully only Fire enchanted. Anyway, it was time to head to Mephisto. On the way, the first unique amulet, being a Mahim-Oak Curio, which I find nice for Hell in HC.

And for once, he kinda delivered:
NW91Qq3l.png

Nice rune, but where's my Vipermagi?

Then it was time to clear the level, and find a possible merc tool (non-eth unique Fuscina, big slowing that could be great vs bosses. Now should I switch him to freezing aura on top?).

Arrived at the Pandemonium Fortress, she is now 64.5, and she will have some time to rest and think about her unspent skillpoints, during the Balancing the Finds tournament. Freezing hottie in a hot place...
sIklAB8l.png

See you on next update!

Code:
   D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Skills         Location               Score
-- --- ----------        --------------       -----   -----  ------         --------               ----
   Yes Babyhell          BleedRunner          Pal     83.3   78+86+71       Guardian 10/27/21       45
   Yes Vang              Levia                Ama     82     69+9+90        Guardian 10/29/21       45
SP Yes Quackerz          Nero                 Dru     73     52+26+42       Lut Gholein H           39
SP Yes Grisu             Randomnipotent       Nec     74     33+14+34+58+83 Hell Rogue Camp         36
SP Yes Babyhell          VangKenstein         Sor     64.5   66             NM Pandemonium          27
SP Yes aitrus            RandomDeadNecro      Nec     42     21+75          NM Lut Gholein          21
SP Yes thefranklin       RandomWayToDie       Ass     59     40+74          NM Kurast Docks         24
   Yes Vildecor          Fernando             Pal     46     96+80          NM Black Marsh          15
   Yes D4di56lu3         Deva                 Ass     48     19+06          NM Cold Plains          15
   Yes maxicek           Forley               Bar     29     42+18          Pandemonium Fortress     9
SP Yes Vang              Trashard             Pal     22     84+89          Halls of Dead 2          3
SP Yes jstani01          mystery              Bar     18     93             Inner Cloister           0
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your SOUL was swallowed by the resurrection (aka Deeds)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SP No  softlyfalling     Ansa                 Ass     75     39+12+14+58    Deeds                   36
SP Yes Jcakes            SerafinaPekkala      Ama     60     5 + 50         Deeds                   24
   Yes Vang              Multiple             Multi   58     Many           Deeds                   21
   Yes corale            Meoh                 Dru     43     65             Deeds                   15
SP Yes Dazliare          Mulgram              Bar      ?     56             Act 5                   12
   Yes Dazliare          Priscilla            Sor     25     25+72          Deeds                   9
   Yes Miron             Hartwig              Bar     29     8+75           Deeds                   6
   Yes coju              RandyTom             Bar     25      5             Deeds                   3
   Yes Sid               Brisket              Dru     8      07+52          Deeds
   Yes Jamesixgun        Devi                 Sor     7      66+78          Deeds
   Yes Sid               Bortleby             Pal     23     40             Deeds

Last edited:
VangKenstein, NM SP, p8 - Act 4

After having mastered Izual soon after clvl 65 for useless skillpoints in NM, a 2os casque was found and quickly a new Lore was equipped:
SqupavBl.png

Then on the way to the forge, only one cold immune boss met, and a Biggin's bonnet. Forge was a Fal... well, we'll see if it has any use by the end, maybe for an Obedience?
QX7fo58l.png

Chaos Sanctuary delivered pretty quickly and nicely, with a unique ring which turned out to be a Manald... not that bad really, but may not be used.

The best drop was undoubtfully this 4os Partizan, which had also the luck to hit aura 17. Useless as VangKenstein is nowhere near changing her weapon, but well it's still nice to have that!
NCGSk6Vl.png

Diablo himself delivered, but sadly not for our character...
XYplTkwl.png

Perfect Razortail!
Code:
Razortail
Sharkskin Belt
Defense: 107
Durability: 11 of 14
Required Level: 32
Required Strength: 20
Fingerprint: 0xbf5e4204
Item Level: 62
Version: Expansion 1.10+
Unidentified
Piercing Attack
+10 to Maximum Damage
+150% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
+15 to Dexterity
Attacker Takes Damage of (Based on Character Level) 67

Easy act, really. Act 5 will be tougher due to cold immunes, there may be some skipping here or there.

See you on next update!

Code:
   D2R Forum Name        Character Name       Class   Level  Skills         Location               Score
-- --- ----------        --------------       -----   -----  ------         --------               ----
   Yes Babyhell          BleedRunner          Pal     83.3   78+86+71       Guardian 10/27/21       45
   Yes Vang              Levia                Ama     82     69+9+90        Guardian 10/29/21       45
SP Yes Quackerz          Nero                 Dru     73     52+26+42       Lut Gholein H           39
SP Yes Grisu             Randomnipotent       Nec     74     33+14+34+58+83 Hell Rogue Camp         36
SP Yes Babyhell          VangKenstein         Sor     67.2   66             NM Harrogath            30
SP Yes aitrus            RandomDeadNecro      Nec     42     21+75          NM Lut Gholein          21
SP Yes thefranklin       RandomWayToDie       Ass     59     40+74          NM Kurast Docks         24
   Yes Vildecor          Fernando             Pal     46     96+80          NM Black Marsh          15
   Yes D4di56lu3         Deva                 Ass     48     19+06          NM Cold Plains          15
   Yes maxicek           Forley               Bar     29     42+18          Pandemonium Fortress     9
SP Yes Vang              Trashard             Pal     22     84+89          Halls of Dead 2          3
SP Yes jstani01          mystery              Bar     18     93             Inner Cloister           0
SP No  softlyfalling     Ansa                 Ass     75     39+12+14+58    Deeds                   36
SP Yes Jcakes            SerafinaPekkala      Ama     60     5 + 50         Deeds                   24
   Yes Vang              Multiple             Multi   58     Many           Deeds                   21
   Yes corale            Meoh                 Dru     43     65             Deeds                   15
SP Yes Dazliare          Mulgram              Bar      ?     56             Act 5                   12
   Yes Dazliare          Priscilla            Sor     25     25+72          Deeds                   9
   Yes Miron             Hartwig              Bar     29     8+75           Deeds                   6
   Yes coju              RandyTom             Bar     25      5             Deeds                   3

Reactions: D4di56lu3 and Vang
I'll have to remember that I have to post to be an active paticipant, Lurker's habit dies slowly i suppose.

So here's the wrap-up

NM started slowly with me getting used to kicking butt instead of flaming all the time. Gonna miss the fireworks of WoF.
The pace accellerated and the going was good until a NDE at the Monastery, not due to lack of sleep or build/gear limitations, but hardware, windows updates and pop-ups minimizing D2R while engaging champions 😰

I gained control and found the merc and shadow gone and 30% life left before fleeing.
"23rd of November 2021
Dear diary my anger management coach (read sweetheart) failed to see why the laptop derserved a proper spanking...
Whats that? ..."

"27th of November 2021
Dear diary, my new friend (laptop) succesfully help me vanquish some evil demon queen in a lot of fireworks.
Screenshot004.png
Which was very lucky because I wanted to show of the merc weapon which i acquired just before changing hardware platform.
Screenshot060.png
low roll on the aura, but i don't much care :D

Don't remember much, tried crafting some belts to get better mods on 4 slot belt and settled on this fella
Screenshot007.png
And then THE lucky drop for versatility:
Screenshot011.png
I'm quite ashamed to admit I took on Duriel on p/3, since this is the first time I have taken a HC char longer than normal. But as you can see I was easily too well prepared...
Screenshot013.png
Thus Duriel didn't deliver any usable goods

My revelation with Duriel meant upped P/setting but no useable reward from Mephi
Screenshot035.png

Forge gave a ko, don't know what to do with that one...
Screenshot040.png
And Diablo hinted that I needed a Fury zon
Screenshot042.png

I'm not the superstitious type but... I'll let it be up to the RNG gods what I am supposed to believe :unsure:
Screenshot063.png

Code:
   Yes D4di56lu3         Deva                 Ass     74     19+30+39+77    Hell Rogue Camp         30
SP Yes Babyhell          VangKenstein         Sor     67.2   66             NM Harrogath            30

Reactions: Vang and Babyhell
VangKenstein is dead.

8dR3aHgl.png

Life litterally popped from full to nil, couldn't even purple or anything oO

So... yep. Failed vs a bad combo :-/

Before this single place, the hardest thing to handle was poison due to 7% res only. Fire was 68, cold and lightning maxed. Outdamaging everything on P8.

Kinda sad... we can succeed each time, right? Meh...

Code:
   Yes D4di56lu3         Deva                 Ass     74     19+30+39+77    Hell Rogue Camp         30
SP Yes Babyhell          VangKenstein         Sor     72     66             Deeds NM Frozen Tundra  30

Quite sad to see VangKenstein gone, kinda used her to fuel my own progress to avoid stalling, nothing like the fear to be overtaken by a SP p8 full clear char 😅
Glad you had a good run with your relays in the MF/RF tournament.

Last edited:
Reactions: Babyhell
Kyros is in Nightmare - first time I've made it to NM in d2r :) With the new patch coming up, I think I'll try to get this character further before it changes much. Normal was fine. Ravens to 12, then fissure until an A2 merc with some mf. At that point, I basically played a watching simulator, and let the merc kill everything except tough bosses and act bosses. Grizzly is also SO GOOD.

Into nightmare, I'm planning to start with armageddon, one because I've never used it, and two because it synergizes with fissure. Fun times.

I'm pretty hyped about Kyros' gear so far:

Screenshot033.pngScreenshot034.pngScreenshot035.pngScreenshot036.pngScreenshot037.pngScreenshot038.pngScreenshot039.pngScreenshot040.pngScreenshot041.png

Thanks! A warning though - historically I'm really bad at providing updates lol. I'll try to do better!

I'm yet to be active long enough to make history of my lurker habits ;)

So for another update, last we saw Deva and her goons she had vanquished Baal and found garbage.

She spent some time claw shopping and ensuring resists with new setup without DT as main skill.
I must admit to a certain amount of relief going full trapper and not engaging hell enemies in melee :LOL:

Skill distribution going into hell was something like:
20 Fireblast
20 lightning sentry
20 death sentry
12 shock web
5 shadow warrior

Caution prevailed and most of act 1 was cleared at P1 or P3 with little danger and a growing delight at the LS, DS and FB setup.

Screenshot084.png
Unfortunately not usable by the merc who need the life leech quite badly, but ain't ready to give up the eth partizan insight...
Screenshot075.png

Screenshot086.png
Screenshot087.png

Andy delivered my very first Homunculus in singleplayer :love:
Screenshot090.png
Of course it was eth :cautious:

Radament fell to LS, DS and FB combo and WPs up to far oasis were easily obtained, though I met a band of champion beetles mixed with a unique aura beetle which made short process of merc and shadow, very nearly taking Deva down as well :eek:
Perhaps the jeweler's light plate of amicae filled with sols no longed stood up to the lack of life leech...
Screenshot069.png
Found runes and bases for a treachery base to up my mercs game and resists.

I could not resist giving the armor a spin in a known area, unfortunately I forgot to stack resists before fade triggered :cry:
Screenshot091.png

Very stupid deed, first HC char I have played and also first deeds. So the lesson is quite stingy, really liked the character and very much the challenge!

Added @Jcakes to the table

Code:
Code:
   Yes Jcakes            Athena               Ass     58     44+87          NM Act 3                ??
   Yes D4di56lu3         Deva                 Ass     80     19+30+39+77    Deeds Hell Lut Gholein  33
SP Yes Babyhell          VangKenstein         Sor     72     66             Deeds NM Frozen Tundra  30

• Sad
Reactions: Vang and Babyhell
The stinging feeling aside, I’m nowhere near done with this tourney and can’t wait for another random tourney! (hint hint @Vang )

So anyone care to roll me a completely random char?

The stinging feeling aside, I’m nowhere near done with this tourney and can’t wait for another random tourney! (hint hint @Vang )

So anyone care to roll me a completely random char?
(5) Necromancer

74, 67, 63, 32, 25

Set 10: Revive, Bone Spirit, Weaken
Set 25: Summon Resist, Bone Prison, Life Tap
Set 32: Bone Prison, Poison Nova, Lower Resist
Set 63: Teeth, Bone Wall, Poison Nova
Set 67: Blood Golem, Bone Wall, Confuse
Set 74: Skeleton Mastery, Poison Explosion, Life Tap

Equipment:

Armor (1)
Cap
Tower Shield
Light Gauntlets
Light Belt
Light Plated Boots

Demon Head

Wand
Yew Wand
Blade>Kris

Looks a bit rough, but starting out as a teeth guy and then poison nova might be solid. (25) would get my reroll as it provides the least. Maybe wait till 2.4 to see the improved blood golem :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
No waiting for me, I’m itching to prove myself in HC, or to prove my deeds as time may show 😂

I would like a re-roll on :
skill set 25
Blade

So would you re-roll tower shield for easier early acces to shield or demon head for hopefully better/earlier acces to necro heads? The odds of finding Homunculus a second time in the same tourney is too far fetched anyway 😆

No waiting for me, I’m itching to prove myself in HC, or to prove my deeds as time may show 😂

I would like a re-roll on :
skill set 25
Blade

So would you re-roll tower shield for easier early acces to shield or demon head for hopefully better/earlier acces to necro heads? The odds of finding Homunculus a second time in the same tourney is too far fetched anyway 😆
Set 10: Revive, Bone Spirit, Weaken

Blade>Kris

If between those two, I'd reroll a Tower Shield.

@Dazliare : woah, that's bad luck. :( Good luck for your next try! (this tournament or in the 2022 iteration?)
I was lucky when something similiar happened to me during the RF/MF tournament: Someone rang at the door and I had to run down two flights of stair. When I came back some minutes later, my character was standing in Pindle's hut while my merc was at the door fending (succesfully!) off the undead from the Garden...fortunately none of Pindle's minions had risen again all the time 😳

Just as a note: I have not forgotten Randomnipotent, but I am focused on my UT´99 er right now thanks to the RF/MF tournament. I will continue him though, although I decided to give up on the full clears and simply progress as I see it fit. I will stay single passe of course though.

Diablo 4 Interactive Map
PurePremium
Estimated market value
Low
High